Great Clips Employee Reviews in United States

Good job
Stylist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 2, 2016
Learned how to do 15 plus hair cuts a day. My customer service skills are much better too thanks to working directly with customers. everyone that I worked with was very nice and always happy and always trying to help each other out. the hardest part was days having a bad customer and they yell or try to put you down you learn to just keep on going and forget about it.
good owners and coworkers
Supervisor/store owner Heather vines (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 23, 2015
My issue was that when the summer came, all the hair dressers
wanted the summer off, and 3 people were left holding the bag for the whole summer. If anyone applied, you'd take them because you needed the bodies to cut, not because they proved to be the best selection for the job. It was hard to predict when you'd have people to work or not. I got really tired of being one of the few who did their job.
Pros
great owner and co-workers
Cons
Always had to fill in for an emergency.
Popular store with a friendly working environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 19, 2015
My job consisted of providing customer service to everyone that walked in. I also provided services to the stylists such as constantly cleaning their work stations and their hair cutting supplies as well as retail. What i got the most out of this job was how to handle all types of customers that entered our shop and sometimes, working with an angry customer was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
30 min lunch breaks
Cons
hour cuts, no benefits
great place to work
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  rapid city, stJuly 14, 2015
busy environment, fun working with new people all day, everyday is a different experience, fast-paced and incentives for staying busy all day. management was professional and kept things fun
Pros
tips are good
Cons
no benefits
Needs work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, TNJuly 20, 2015
Great for starting out in this bissness, but the company needs alot of work. no benefits, no advancement in the company, needs updating
A healthy learning enviorment
Stylist, Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 31, 2016
It is a hard job to get accustomed to , but the people are fun and the education was great. Organization was always a problem with in the company.
Friendly Crew
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 12, 2016
Providing my excellent customer service skill made my position at being a receptionist very easy and fun. Being able to work in an environment with cheerful, outgoing, and friendly people was awesome.
Pros
Got free lunches when a goal was achieved
Cons
Pay
great place to work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAFebruary 22, 2016
awesome place to work, great co workers,great pay great customers, offered great classes to make you a better employee. met awesome community residents that would become repeat customers.
Pros
great hours
Great company
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 5, 2016
Great clips is a great company to work for. The only downfall about the company is the compensation. They are willing to work with any schedule conflicts you may have and they have a great clientele base which makes up for the poor compensation.
Experience as an Employee
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 5, 2016
It was a great company to expand with but unfortunately It went out of business in the city where the salon was located. I had a great manager and grew as a stylist quickly.
Cons
Not enough stylists were staffed to accomodate the volume
fast paced atmosphere
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at work would be coming setting my salon equipment up for the day. I would greet guests as they walk in the door with "Hi welcome to Great Clips." I then would ask if they had ever been here before and put them into the computer system. Also if they phone would ring, I would answer with "Thank you for calling Great Clips, this is Candace how may i assist you.?" As I would take the client back to the salon station I would introduce myself to them along with having a consultation with them on how they would like to have their hair cut today because communication is very important. At the end I would meet them at the cash register as they pay for their hair cut and tell them Thank you and I will see you in 4 to 6 weeks! I then would clean and sanitize my salon station. Great Clips I would consider as a team atmosphere and working together. The management was good as long as you got your job done along with meeting haircut times and product sales. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet all day. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people and seeing them happy with their new haircut. I like to try and please people.
Pros
hourly plus tip
Cons
hours varied
Nice envirionment
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJune 23, 2015
Working at Great Clips I have learned a lot about people as well as myself. The management is good, but the tips are not always that great. The hardest part is to get a lot of customers to come in. I enjoy my co-workers.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No benefits
Great employees and fun enviroment
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMay 13, 2016
I enjoy working here, my franchisee is a great person and the work environment is inviting. Though we had management problems we got through it and I enjoy cutting hair at this place.
Pros
advancement
Cons
management
Salon Atmosphere
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mountain ViewMay 17, 2016
The salon atmosphere was great and everyone worked together. Typically at work I would get my chores done when there was time in between customers. I learned that practice makes perfect. The best part of the job was keeping busy.
na
Hair Stylist/Assistant manager/ Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 18, 2016
need to pay more. cant live off the salary hair stylist get.
underpaid. treated poorly.....low pay....low tips...etc.....upper managment only wants number results............ easiest place to get fired if you dont meet your numbers
first job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZ 85139May 11, 2016
This was my first job ever , Walmart is a great place just not for me personally there was a lot I needed to learn especially being this was my first job and they didn't give me a chance to grow.
Pros
everyone is nice
Cons
bad communcation skills
Great place to work, flexible and encourages growth and productivity
Managing Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 26, 2015
bad management was the downfall of this company. The constant turnover of employees was terrible. I was there since the Grand opening of the particular salon and I've seen more than 10 new employees come and go who I will add, did not last
Pros
good money as long as the college sessions were in
Cons
bad management and a volitile work environment
Okay place to start out!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNAugust 11, 2015
Great Clips is a good place to start out when you get out of beauty school, but not a permanent home for your career in hair. I felt as if I was only a number and not a person. I also thought that no matter what your never good enough to advance. The last great clips was micro managed. I will say I developed some great cutting skills and it helped shape my customer service.
Pros
No clients need of your own.
Cons
Not a company I want to grow old with.
Cool work place
Sign holder (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 7, 2016
This was essentially my first job of employment I enjoyed getting he work out I did while I was dancing all the time. It was a cool environment and it gave me a feel of how the hair industry worked
Meh
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAApril 10, 2016
Management was unprofessional, co-workers weren't very welcoming. You only ever got 15 minute lunch breaks. Typical days were pretty unpredictable, you're either working nonstop or hardly working. Tips were good though.
Pros
Good benefits