Great Clips Employee Reviews

Found 1,115 reviews matching the search
Fun, and fast paced.
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 25, 2017
A typical workday included clocking in, getting station ready and setup, opening doors, greeting and checking clients in, cutting and styling hair on 1-4 customers and hour; depending on how busy we were. Management at the store I worked at was really good. A lot of room for advancing. The hardest part of the job is standing for hours on end and getting a break when we were busy. The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers and the clients.
Pros
Free Lunches when owner visited, advancement oppurtunities, great place to learn
Cons
Standing for hours on end
February 27, 2017

Thank you for everything you did in the salon to deliver the Great Clips brand!

not the best place of employment
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIFebruary 24, 2017
I loved my job, cutting and pleasing clients. The problem is the management. This company doesn't agree with people who have a voice and speak their mind when there is something you don't agree with. Micro management is a issue at this company along with intimidation to employees. Employee are not treated equally at this employment.
Pros
clients
Cons
no healthcare, no breaks
February 27, 2017

We are sorry to see your frustrations with the management. Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your concerns would be the franchisee. If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Best Owner Ever
Multi Unit Manager of a Great Clips Salon (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 24, 2017
The owner of the stores I managed was a delight to work for. He always looked out for what was best for his employees. I wish he didn't sell his stores.
Pros
The owner
February 27, 2017

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We appreciate everything you did in the salon each day!

they let you know you are replaceable everyday and if you dont like something you know where the door is
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCFebruary 22, 2017
The upside is it's a fast paced fun enviroment to work for, you meet lots of new people and have the opportunity to make good money. The downside is, you must remain completely flexible, work every weekend, big employment turnover, not family oriented, no breaks allowed on sundays or when busy, must work most holidays, open 7 days a week, no room for growth or advancement, poor management! mandatory meetings on scheduled days off, reprimanded for not selling products
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no breaks, no raises, no weekends off
February 24, 2017

Since each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your concerns would be the franchisee. Franchisees and salons managers work hard to staff the salon for customer traffic while still taking into account a work/life balance. If you'd like, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you.

February 27, 2017

We are sorry to see your frustrations while working in the salon. Since each location is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your concerns would be the franchisee. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you.

Great Company
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 22, 2017
Easy to work here, being a server here was simple. The customers are great, management was easy.
Fun environment to work in as well.
February 24, 2017

Thank you for having been part of a great community of stylists and managers.

February 27, 2017

Thank you for having been part of a great community of stylists and managers!

all management skills for running a salon franchise daily
General Manager Multiple locations (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 21, 2017
scheduling all staff inventory monthly promotions and corp meetings, payroll sales marketing and over all customer satisfaction, and returns and repeat returns employees reviews hiring and firing and all complaints
Pros
the people I met
Cons
when a franchisee does not care for his bussiness
February 28, 2017

Thank you for having been a part of a great team! We appreciate your feedback and comments.

Great fun and uplifting environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoy working here there is room for growth to a certain extent. Must stay focused and be confident in what you do to succeed and always be willing to stay open minded to learning new things and keeping up with trends.
Pros
Benefits, growth opportunity
Cons
working weekends and inconsistent scheduling week by week
February 22, 2017

Thank you and your team for everything you do each day to deliver the Great Clips brand in the salon!

February 27, 2017

Thank you for everything that you and your team do to deliver the Great Clips brand!

Great Staff and educational opportunities
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Yelm, WAFebruary 21, 2017
Loved having a family like staff, very flexible for family life, great owners, room for advancement, pay was good. I enjoyed the busy day and meeting new people. The ability to travel was nice
February 22, 2017

Thank you for having been a part of a GREAT team of stylists and managers!

February 27, 2017

Thank you for having been a part of a GREAT team of stylists and managers!

N/a
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 20, 2017
Didnt work here long enough. I think from the time i was there it was a layed back environment. Not to hard of a job and plenty of hours. There just wasnt a higher pay opportunity.
February 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and comments. Each salon is owned and operated by a franchisee. If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed. Thank you.

Good start
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 20, 2017
Good the manga wasn't good but overall OK I will work again for them it's good money products sucks tho. Great ppl need more items need more experience workers they do much expectations
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No breaks
February 21, 2017

Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be the franchisee. You are welcome to email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

The company's focus is not geared towards the customer.
Manager/ Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Customer service should be the focus. When retail sales are the only focus and the customer's needs take a backseat, the company will surely not succeed!
February 21, 2017

We are sorry that you had this experience. Each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee who would be the best person to address your concerns. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you.

Dont stay too long
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLFebruary 19, 2017
When you need to make money this is the place to work. Be prepared to work like a machine. The only way you can make it in this company is to have low cut times and high retail sales. They don't allow Appts and it's not a place to grow clientele.
February 21, 2017

If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. Each salon is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. We will forward it to them for follow up with you regarding your concerns. Thank you.

great place to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working at great clips. All the people were friendly, and great to work with. fast pace environment. large clientele base.
February 20, 2017

Thank you for having been a part of a great community of stylists and managers!

ehh
stylist (Former Employee) –  New City, NYFebruary 16, 2017
I worked there for over a year and though I liked my co-workers and the environment of a fast pace place just offering haircuts it was an absolute joke. Want a day off too bad because when that day comes they will find some way to call you into work (even if that means you are working a second job... because you will have to) While I did have a solid loyal clientele there, the clients who weren't yours would barely tip if at all and when your only making $9 an hour thats not cutting it. I was doing between 50-60 haircuts a week and most of the time I wouldn't make $200 in tips. Don't get me started on a slow day I once walked out after an 8 hour shift with $6 in my pocket. Just because the haircut is cheap doesn't mean the service is any different from any other salon. Management a lot of the time could get super unprofessional. No breaks and half the time they would call you in early if they got lazy and a few clients were there so by the time you get there you might have one haircut then be doing nothing until your shift was supposed to start. Don't expect to leave when your shift is over, they will make you satay late, so don't plan to have much of a life. My shop closed at 9pm, somebody wants a haircut at 8:59pm guess what, you don't have a choice. Once I had to catch a flight and my shift ended at 1pm they made me stay (don't know why I was surprised) and I almost missed my flight. Closing shift was always a mess, the cash register was off $2 (even though it might not have been because of you) that was coming out of your tips, and when you aren't making much on the side  more... of tips that $2 every other day adds up quick.  less
Pros
Not much
Cons
no life, dictated work environment though during your interview they will tell you otherwise
February 20, 2017

We are sorry to see your frustrations while working in the salon. Each location is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

fun and energetic
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 16, 2017
always on your feet and busy, always dealing with the public. very great group of girls.
all types of culture
dealing with the public was the hardest but yet most enjoyable part of the job.
February 17, 2017

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We appreciate that you are part of a great community of stylists and managers.

not good
stylist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2017
hard to be a parent and work here we get our schedule the day before the week starts. i dont agree with working every weekend my life is not my job
February 17, 2017

We are sorry to see your frustrations with the scheduling. Please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. Each salon is independently owned and operated. We will forward it to the franchisee for follow up with you regarding your concerns. Thank you.

Fast paced environment but not so great managment
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 16, 2017
It was fun to work there very fast paced you got to meet new people everyday. Made learning much more fun and my assistant managers were great. However, you are REQUIRED to work during the week and weekends and if you are a single mom this can be a very negative work environment.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
managment
February 17, 2017

Great Clips is a retail business offering great haircuts at the most convenient times for customers. Franchisees and managers understand that the busiest times for haircuts are typically nights and weekends. They work hard to staff the salons for customer traffic while taking into account a work/life balance. If you'd like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Horrible company , works you to death
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 16, 2017
All they are concerned with is bodies to cut non stop. They do not care about their employees. They say they do but they just want money. They will take pay away from you. Health benefits are horrible.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Everything else
February 17, 2017

We are sorry to read this. Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to handle your concerns would be your franchisee. Please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you.

is great for advancement
Stylist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Super education and career goals offered Loved my shop and staff most days went really well most of my time was spent on customers and sharing responsibilities with staff Shop was comfortable and friendly besides some great quality work Great Clips trains and we maintain that standard We had our ups and downs but it really was fun and rewarding
Pros
Good wages and Benefits
Cons
so many changes in upper management
February 15, 2017

Thank you! Since each salon is independently owned and operated, the franchisee would handle the hiring of their managers and staff. We appreciate that you were part of the Great Clips team!

Awesome place to work if you love to cut
Stylist/Barber (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, SCFebruary 13, 2017
Worked for great clips for about a half a year before moving and I had a fabulous time we were a family and the management cared about that family great company to work for if your speed is up and you have an awesome work ethic
February 15, 2017

Thank you for everything you did in the salon to deliver the Great Clips brand!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8