Great Dane Trailers

Great Dane Trailers Employee Reviews

A company that is FINALLY showing us that they do appreciate their employees.
Press Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, Ind.October 14, 2016
Tonight we had a meeting. We was all told that we would all be getting a 2 dollar on the hour raise. Starting pay for new hires is 13.40 an hour. Top pay for welders has been raised to 22 an hour. It's not a bad place to work. Just dusty. They told us that we are now the top paid Trailer builders in the United States. A big THANK YOU goes out to the Corporate office up in Chicago. So happy, I had to share it with everybody.
Pros
Insurance, 401k, gains sharing, AWESOME RAISES, Pension, a laid back, stress free company, Employee appreciation days with catered in meals.
Cons
Hot in the summer, cold in the winter, dusty and greasy on a daily basis. Considering what they now pay, I'll learn to live with it.
i think great dane is a great work place
front wall (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 1, 2017
a typical day would be coming in and getting your job done.i learned how to build the front wall the management is great.the culture is also great.the hardest part of the job would be finding the right print.the most enjoyable was seeing the finished product.
Pros
free lunch at times
Cons
short lunch break
I've enjoyed my time at this company.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILFebruary 3, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Decent management. At times really long hours. The work is hard and tedious but its a paycheck. Union based shop so you have some protection.
Pros
I was a forklift driver
Decent
Welder Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 7, 2017
Like the job the benefits are good . And the employees are very hard working. Need a little more advancement opportunities. I would like to try tig welding but it's not an option
Poor management and leadership. UNSAFE work enviroment
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GADecember 21, 2016
This company does not care about their employees and has a absolutely unacceptable amount of accidents and workers compensation claims, the turn over rate is insane and they cant keep workers and throw the new workers on the floor with next to no training. They promise certain wages and fail to follow through and wont pay you according to your job title like they are supposed too.
Pros
benifits
Cons
work hours, no leadership, poor safety.
Loved the work I did, working with my hands is satisfying
Maintenance/Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INDecember 31, 2016
Some management problems, had separate rules just depending on who you were. Had a lot of people just not doing there job. Safety did not seem like a priority. Management wanted to point fingers at others and not own up to there problems. I am some that wants to know where I stand and don't be afraid to tell me if I'm not doing something right, they had issues doing that with anyone
Pros
Good insurance and many other incentives
Cons
People not during their jobs
Great Dane Trailers
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILDecember 1, 2016
typical day was being a team lead making sure trailers was going out clean and properly done for costumers. Learned how to work with workers and costumers. Management was good and helpful. Co workers listened and worked good together. Hardest part of the job was getting everything properly done and was done on time. Most enjoyable thing of it all was working with the co workers
Pros
insurance was good
Cons
short breaks
Steady Job
Welder (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 23, 2016
I liked the routine of my job at Great Dane however there were a lot of slackers in my area and they were continuously allowed to mess around all day moving slowly instead of steadily working. I would have to complete all of my work then finish their work too. I thought that was unfair and brought it to my managers attention frequently, but this was a daily issue and nothing was done about it. My way of thinking is that I come to work to make money and I don't want to stand around at work all day to hangout, I can do that at home on my own time. There were a lot of workers that I felt didn't take pride in their jobs and weren't there to do the actual work. They wanted to be paid for standing around instead of doing the work. The benefits were good and they had bonus checks called gain share which was always nice throughout the year. I liked the skills that I gained at this employer.
Pros
gain share, health care, 401K, work experience and skills learned
Cons
points system
Not well managed
Trailer Builder (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INDecember 17, 2016
You're overworked and the management doesn't seem to really care how tired you are and how much you work. You don't have much of a life outside of work. You come home go to bed wake up and do it all over again. Work almost every Saturday and only get Sundays off.
Very driven and personal environment
Process/Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INDecember 27, 2016
Great work environment with people who care about your well being as much as revenue. Management is pretty sufficient, but you are ask to take on responsibilities of other from time to time. Overall great company
Pros
Employees and work environment
Cons
wages
loved it
Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 17, 2017
I loved this job. Great dane is a prime example that hard work will pay off. There is plenty of room for a general employee to move up in the ranks. They also have great benifits.
Pros
fast past, great benifits, plenty of room for growth
Cons
alot of overtime
Good company to wrk for
welder (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 13, 2017
They were a good paying company
Also good benefits
But however, when it came to missing work for serious kid doctor appointments they would still point me even tho I had excuses and my kid was facing a surgery
constant work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Turbotville, PANovember 7, 2016
They keep you busy and your always working the management are good people and will help if they can. The work is hard and long but nothing Im not used to.
Pros
constant work
Cons
short breaks
great job
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 14, 2016
I would recommend this job to anyone who can handle the heat and long hours. I loved the people and benefits I received as a employee
Uptight
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 6, 2016
Difficult people to work for, very unpleasant to the employees, speak to employees as though they are animals in a very disrespectful manner. No one takes responsibility for their actions, management discuss private issues brought to them with other employees in your absence.
Pros
They don't care if you quit
Cons
They don't care if you quit
Decent job, management doesnt care about you.
Full-Time Trailer Builder/Welder (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NESeptember 9, 2016
I enjoyed the work because I fully enjoy working with my hands and in a physical labor way. The management acted like they did not care about the people working there, only the work that needed to be done. Pay isn't terrible but I feel for being a welder, it should have been much better.
Great Dane is a great job to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GADecember 31, 2016
Love this place but i had to leave cause of family emergency but good working environment the people you work around will teach you everything you need to know to move up the leader to greatness i be came a team leader over the years i dont have nothing bad to say about Great Dane
Pros
Free lunch on holidays
Cons
Good health insurance
Horrible
Welder (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 5, 2017
The hours were extremely long. You were overworked and barely got paid anything. The supervision was horrible. One supervisor forced me to ignore a rule of OSHA, and almost caused me to crush my hand. I would never work here again, even as a last resort. Go try Walmart, it probably pays better.
safety and management need vast improvement
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 18, 2017
Great Dane is a company that in the past 3 years that I was there saw tremendous safety issues and injuries, they went through 3 HR Managers in 3 years.
Pros
I learned a lot from the first 2 HR Managers but was not impressed with the 3rd
Cons
Low company morale
Issues throughout
General Foreman - Product Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 30, 2015
Allot of change over with supervision. Did get a pay raise but allot of change over with employees. Supervisors now not real good with working with people and if you need help they are just a selective group that will help you. rest of the time your on your own until supervision see your behind. Allot of the jobs are not being done well so allot of it has to be reworked. Allot of pushing for trailers to be complete. Very hard work with little appreciation.
Pros
Pay isn't that bad
Cons
Dirty hard work with allot of pressure and problems. Allot of management problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Dane Trailers. Our community is ready to answer.