Great Dane Trailers

Great Dane Trailers Employee Reviews

Productivity
Laborer/Axials Dept #30 (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 4, 2016
Pretty much got along with majority of my co-workers, and very well with my manager. No where or department I work in I enjoyed working and along with others. The only thing hard about the job was shorting of breaks. The most enjoyable part about the occupation was making new freinds and meeting new people. I learn quiet a few thing on how the axials actually work on a trailer and its operating system. For Instants,how the height controll, controlls the air that goes into the airbags to lift the trail and keep it at the legiable height.
Pros
all the overtime possible
Cons
some people you just cant get alone with
Healthy Job Security
Laborer, Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Danville, PADecember 27, 2015
I never know what station I will be placed in when I clock in each night. I learn every facet of trailer assembly. I enjoy my forklift manager's attitude, as well as my manager in the skirt bay. My co-workers help to keep the work environment fun and interesting. The job is labor intensive, but I enjoy being a yard jockey the most.
Pros
The company will occasionally provide dinner.
Cons
Breaks are too short
Great eciting place to work
Inbound Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INDecember 2, 2015
Great Dane has some of the best Manegement people i have ever worked with.
Industry leader in production as well as safety
Not for anyone with a family
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INNovember 19, 2015
Come in to work get pass down done with all my work by lunch then try to find stuff to do for the next 4 or 5 hours before boss would tell me I could go home. Worked from 6 pm -330am so I had no home life. The work was easy and the people where good to work with. Management is full of good people but could run some stuff better. The hardest part of the job was the ware on the body up and down ladders all day. The people I worked with was the best part of the job.
Not a place for woman to excel, A good ole boy company.
HR and Branch Operations Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 12, 2015
Company isn't up with the 21st Century. Very far behind in their technology. Woman were not treated equal and there was no room for advancement or way to excel. Because they were so far behind with technology the longer you were there the further behind you became in keeping up with current software.
Pros
My orginal Manager was the best part of the job and the only reason I stayed
Cons
My manager left, and the position was past to an individual who had NO KNOWLEDGE OF HOW TO RUN A SERVICE DEPARTMENT.
stable and good hours
Professional Welder (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 11, 2015
You work eight hour shifts build eight semis a day and a stable environment, I think they get bonuses also. Its hot tho and if your a welder you deal with galvanize metals
Nice place to work, Very past pace.Excellent coworkers, learned a lot more regarding maintenance to larger pieces of equipment
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Danville, PANovember 7, 2015
Nice place to work, Very fast pace, excellent coworkers, learned a lot more regarding maintenance to larger pieces of equipment.
Pros
excellent work conditions
Awful place
Fabrication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INNovember 4, 2015
Day to day work is deadly, you can go in one day, and possibly lose your life that day being crushed by a trailer, lose a hand in a machine, getting a leg crushed, really any possible injury. It's really filthy, people spit everywhere, its very very hot. In the winter the heaters don't even work properly. Very unsafe, and deadly working conditions.
Pros
cool bosses, okay pay, fun people
Cons
horrible insurance, huge taxes, no life outside of work
Issues throughout
General Foreman - Product Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 30, 2015
Allot of change over with supervision. Did get a pay raise but allot of change over with employees. Supervisors now not real good with working with people and if you need help they are just a selective group that will help you. rest of the time your on your own until supervision see your behind. Allot of the jobs are not being done well so allot of it has to be reworked. Allot of pushing for trailers to be complete. Very hard work with little appreciation.
Pros
Pay isn't that bad
Cons
Dirty hard work with allot of pressure and problems. Allot of management problems.
Very productive and good co workers
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TNOctober 21, 2015
I learned a lot from this company they taught me ever thing I could possibly learn about a factory good co workers good management the hardest part of my job is getting production while getting everything right . They most enjoyable part of my day was that we worked hard and it payed off if you work hard and do your job right for this company they will also reward you!

Want to know more about Great Dane Trailers?

Ask a question
fast pace work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 17, 2015
must be fast at what you do and learn quick. great crew i worked with in training me. hot during the summer cold in the winters. pay not real good for all the expect from there workers.
Balance between home and work life is very poor
laborer (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INAugust 24, 2015
Long hours, co-workers are great. Some of the front line supervision should not be supervisors they have no supervisory skills and do not take responsibility for any of their mistakes or inability to lead.
benefits
Cons
does not care bout quality of home life
Productive fast paced and fun
Assembler C- Trailer builder (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INJuly 15, 2015
I was to lay out 12 walls of sheet metal for the semi trailer walls we assembled on the press and help press then help tables finish assembling the walls I learned a lot about assembling a trailer its a long and hard process and in my time there glad I can say I helped build some of the trailers we built My foremen was a really cool guy very laid back and easy to get along with my supervisor was a great person and a very good team lead my co-workers were all very friendly and good people to work with it made the day go by quickly there really wasn't anything to hard about my job and at the end of the day I got a sense of pride when the finished trailer rolled out the door
Pros
good people and a great work environment
Cons
mandatory overtime on the weekends from time to time
Decent work
Assemblymen, Tech 1, Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 10, 2015
Provided reliable work and routine shifts. Supervisors were on site, office management was over involved in production work.
Pros
great pay for the work performed
Cons
too much micro management from office personnel not involved in productivity
Produtive and safe ,a company willing to teach you
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2015
Busy and productive,lots of helpful coworkers,safe working place.Management willing to work with you on pretty much all things.Learned to weld how to use a cutting tourch and plasmark.I like being able to do different things .Not a stressful place to work...
Pros
DID HAVE NICE BENIFITS
Cons
GETTING DIRTY
productive
Trailer Builder in Set-up (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NEJune 26, 2015
Basicly you clock-in and they work your behind off until they say its time to go. Learned how to use various tools and how refer trailers are built. Co-workers were good people, management could use some compassion and development towards family orientation.
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks, heat, point system, non-family orientated
fast pace and co-workers are family
line leadman/forklift operation (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 8, 2015
A typical day at work is fast pace which I kinda enjoy. I'm the headman and have an excellent relationship with the employees on my line.
Pros
overtime
Cons
overtime
Great co-workers
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 22, 2015
Work with great people from the office to the production floor. Had a great quarterly bonus program, but poor yearly raises.
Pros
Great Coworkers, quarter bonus
Cons
Plant Shut Down, Laid off, poor raises
job okay management is terrible
welder (Current Employee) –  statesboroMay 20, 2015
The job itself is good but pay is not atiquite for they work they demand management is harsh and treat employees with a lot of disrepect
Pros
job ensurance
Cons
disrepect
Neat place to work. It is a very stable company
PURCHASING AGENT (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 17, 2015
I worked for the company since the plant opened. It was hard at first working for a new plant. We had to learn a great deal of new parts to purchase for the manufacturing of refrigerated trailers. It has been a challenge but with hard work we have accomplished many things over the past three years. I am glad I went through the experience of opening a new manufacturing facility. It is an experience I greatly appreciate and am proud I had the opportunity to be a part of the Great Dane family.