Great Dane Trailers Employee Reviews in United States

hard work little reward
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Kewanee, ILJuly 21, 2016
care very little about the employees or the working conditions for them. make the good workers do more and lazy ones get away with doing nothing. Management could careless about anything other than numbers
great job
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 14, 2016
I would recommend this job to anyone who can handle the heat and long hours. I loved the people and benefits I received as a employee
productive place
Trailer Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2016
this is a positive place to work for, they have good benefits. management is okay. but the workers are all good & get along well.
Enjoying working with people
TRAFFIC/LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2016
I enjoy my job because I love working with people. I love to help people and get my job done in a timely manner. I think the hardest part of my job is trying to please everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure all invoices and paperwork is submitted for payment. I love when the carriers receive their money in time because of all the hard work they do on a daily basis.
Pros
People loving each other
Cons
Summertime / short breaks
Great place to work!
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INApril 21, 2016
Was very motivational, very repetitive work, was always busy with different things to do, mainly ran assembly line for the trailers.
Stay away from the marketing department
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 17, 2016
The WORST place to work is in the marketing department. The VP of Marketing is mean and hateful. Nasty is her biggest trait. The rest of the work place is great. The other managers are nice and accommodating. I barely made it one week. After that, I had to leave.
Pros
Other people
Cons
VP of Marketing
its ok...
MIG Welder/ Helper (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 15, 2016
was there for bout a week when out of job corps. its a welding place. so if your good at welding, have fun working there. its a ok company in my opinion
Productivity
Laborer/Axials Dept #30 (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 4, 2016
Pretty much got along with majority of my co-workers, and very well with my manager. No where or department I work in I enjoyed working and along with others. The only thing hard about the job was shorting of breaks. The most enjoyable part about the occupation was making new freinds and meeting new people. I learn quiet a few thing on how the axials actually work on a trailer and its operating system. For Instants,how the height controll, controlls the air that goes into the airbags to lift the trail and keep it at the legiable height.
Pros
all the overtime possible
Cons
some people you just cant get alone with
Healthy Job Security
Laborer, Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Danville, PADecember 27, 2015
I never know what station I will be placed in when I clock in each night. I learn every facet of trailer assembly. I enjoy my forklift manager's attitude, as well as my manager in the skirt bay. My co-workers help to keep the work environment fun and interesting. The job is labor intensive, but I enjoy being a yard jockey the most.
Pros
The company will occasionally provide dinner.
Cons
Breaks are too short
Great eciting place to work
Inbound Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INDecember 2, 2015
Great Dane has some of the best Manegement people i have ever worked with.
Industry leader in production as well as safety
Not for anyone with a family
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INNovember 19, 2015
Come in to work get pass down done with all my work by lunch then try to find stuff to do for the next 4 or 5 hours before boss would tell me I could go home. Worked from 6 pm -330am so I had no home life. The work was easy and the people where good to work with. Management is full of good people but could run some stuff better. The hardest part of the job was the ware on the body up and down ladders all day. The people I worked with was the best part of the job.
Not a place for woman to excel, A good ole boy company.
HR and Branch Operations Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 12, 2015
Company isn't up with the 21st Century. Very far behind in their technology. Woman were not treated equal and there was no room for advancement or way to excel. Because they were so far behind with technology the longer you were there the further behind you became in keeping up with current software.
Pros
My orginal Manager was the best part of the job and the only reason I stayed
Cons
My manager left, and the position was past to an individual who had NO KNOWLEDGE OF HOW TO RUN A SERVICE DEPARTMENT.
stable and good hours
Professional Welder (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 11, 2015
You work eight hour shifts build eight semis a day and a stable environment, I think they get bonuses also. Its hot tho and if your a welder you deal with galvanize metals
Nice place to work, Very past pace.Excellent coworkers, learned a lot more regarding maintenance to larger pieces of equipment
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Danville, PANovember 7, 2015
Nice place to work, Very fast pace, excellent coworkers, learned a lot more regarding maintenance to larger pieces of equipment.
Pros
excellent work conditions
Awful place
Fabrication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INNovember 4, 2015
Day to day work is deadly, you can go in one day, and possibly lose your life that day being crushed by a trailer, lose a hand in a machine, getting a leg crushed, really any possible injury. It's really filthy, people spit everywhere, its very very hot. In the winter the heaters don't even work properly. Very unsafe, and deadly working conditions.
Pros
cool bosses, okay pay, fun people
Cons
horrible insurance, huge taxes, no life outside of work
Issues throughout
General Foreman - Product Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 30, 2015
Allot of change over with supervision. Did get a pay raise but allot of change over with employees. Supervisors now not real good with working with people and if you need help they are just a selective group that will help you. rest of the time your on your own until supervision see your behind. Allot of the jobs are not being done well so allot of it has to be reworked. Allot of pushing for trailers to be complete. Very hard work with little appreciation.
Pros
Pay isn't that bad
Cons
Dirty hard work with allot of pressure and problems. Allot of management problems.
Very productive and good co workers
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TNOctober 21, 2015
I learned a lot from this company they taught me ever thing I could possibly learn about a factory good co workers good management the hardest part of my job is getting production while getting everything right . They most enjoyable part of my day was that we worked hard and it payed off if you work hard and do your job right for this company they will also reward you!
fast pace work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 17, 2015
must be fast at what you do and learn quick. great crew i worked with in training me. hot during the summer cold in the winters. pay not real good for all the expect from there workers.
Balance between home and work life is very poor
laborer (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INAugust 24, 2015
Long hours, co-workers are great. Some of the front line supervision should not be supervisors they have no supervisory skills and do not take responsibility for any of their mistakes or inability to lead.
benefits
Cons
does not care bout quality of home life
Productive fast paced and fun
Assembler C- Trailer builder (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INJuly 15, 2015
I was to lay out 12 walls of sheet metal for the semi trailer walls we assembled on the press and help press then help tables finish assembling the walls I learned a lot about assembling a trailer its a long and hard process and in my time there glad I can say I helped build some of the trailers we built My foremen was a really cool guy very laid back and easy to get along with my supervisor was a great person and a very good team lead my co-workers were all very friendly and good people to work with it made the day go by quickly there really wasn't anything to hard about my job and at the end of the day I got a sense of pride when the finished trailer rolled out the door
Pros
good people and a great work environment
Cons
mandatory overtime on the weekends from time to time