Great Dane Trailers

Great Dane Trailers Employee Reviews

Productive fast paced and fun
Assembler C- Trailer builder (Former Employee), Brazil, INJuly 15, 2015
Pros: good people and a great work environment
Cons: mandatory overtime on the weekends from time to time
I was to lay out 12 walls of sheet metal for the semi trailer walls we assembled on the press and help press then help tables finish assembling the walls I learned a lot about assembling a trailer its a long and hard process and in my time there glad I can say I helped build some of the trailers we built My foremen was a really cool guy very laid back and easy to get along with my supervisor was a great person and a very good team lead my co-workers were all very friendly and good people to work with it made the day go by quickly there really wasn't anything to hard about my job and at the end of the day I got a sense of pride when the finished trailer rolled out the door
Decent work
Assemblymen, Tech 1, Tech 2 (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJuly 10, 2015
Pros: great pay for the work performed
Cons: too much micro management from office personnel not involved in productivity
Provided reliable work and routine shifts. Supervisors were on site, office management was over involved in production work.
PRODUTIVE AND SAFE ,A COMPANY WILLING TO TEACH YOU
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 7, 2015
Pros: DID HAVE NICE BENIFITS
Cons: GETTING DIRTY
BUSY AND PRODUCTIVE,LOTS OF HELPFUL COWORKERS,SAFE WORKING PLACE.MANAGEMENT WILLING TO WORK WITH YOU ON PRETTY MUCH ALL THINGS.LEARNED TO WELD HOW TO USE A CUTTING TOURCH AND PLASMARK.I LIKE BEING ABLE TO DO DIFFERENT THINGS .NOT A STRESSFUL PLACE TO WORK...
productive
Trailer Builder in Set-up (Former Employee), Wayne, NEJune 26, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks, heat, point system, non-family orientated
Basicly you clock-in and they work your behind off until they say its time to go. Learned how to use various tools and how refer trailers are built. Co-workers were good people, management could use some compassion and development towards family orientation.
fast pace and co-workers are family
line leadman/forklift operation (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARJune 8, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: overtime
A typical day at work is fast pace which I kinda enjoy. I'm the headman and have an excellent relationship with the employees on my line.
Great co-workers
Production Engineer (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great Coworkers, quarter bonus
Cons: Plant Shut Down, Laid off, poor raises
Work with great people from the office to the production floor. Had a great quarterly bonus program, but poor yearly raises.
job okay management is terrible
welder (Current Employee), statesboroMay 20, 2015
Pros: job ensurance
Cons: disrepect
The job itself is good but pay is not atiquite for they work they demand management is harsh and treat employees with a lot of disrepect
Neat place to work. It is a very stable company
PURCHASING AGENT (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAMay 17, 2015
I worked for the company since the plant opened. It was hard at first working for a new plant. We had to learn a great deal of new parts to purchase for the manufacturing of refrigerated trailers. It has been a challenge but with hard work we have accomplished many things over the past three years. I am glad I went through the experience of opening a new manufacturing facility. It is an experience I greatly appreciate and am proud I had the opportunity to be a part of the Great Dane family.
Good company to work for.
Trailer Builder (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 23, 2015
Pros: steady work in a growing industry
Cons: benefit package in my opinion was costly.
Able to work with management to preform day to day activities. Management is very knowledgeable and willing to work with and train associates to learn the process of the job. Testing is available to all employees at time of advancement.
Good job but very physical
Trailer Builder (Former Employee), Brazil, INApril 1, 2015
Pros: intense and consistant
Cons: dangerous
Was a good job for me when i was younger.This job payed my bills and put food on the table.Loved the hours and schedule at this job.
good benefits and advancement opportunity
Trailer builder (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2015
preparing material for work order,use of computer systems .co-workers and management were fair. making error would be difficult.an enjoyable part would be doing a great productive day
Hard work with appropriate pay
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Kewanee, ILFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day consists of coming in, doing daily stretches and working consistently with minimal down time, as to be expected in a factory. The work load varied between intermediate to overwhelming depending on the type of trailer being built. Working there was a beneficial experience for me as far as work ethic and dedication is concerned. The supervisors were, for the most part, friendly and available to assist the workers. Co-workers were usually friendly as well and efficiently completed the job. One of the more difficult aspects of the job was to manage the other workers in my section, depending on the individual
non productive, harsh behavior towards employees
Assembly line worker/Team Lead (Former Employee), statesboro, gaJanuary 20, 2015
During our start up meeting it usually is the same every morning with us having to do better, work harder, etc. Being threatened every day of termination due to production which is out of my control. I learned a lot of how to operate 95% of all pneumatic tools. I also had the time to gain the experience in Quality Assurance. The hardest part of the job is learning to deal with supervisors and managers yelling and cursing at you without losing your cool. but in order to keep my job I had to deal with it.
Productivity and Efficiency
H.R. Generalist / Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 6, 2015
I work best under pressure so the Human Resource environment is a perfect fit for my skill set. The employees enjoy communicating with with Human Resources and we pride ourselves on a quick resolution to all things job related.
hot workplace but liked the work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Brazil, INDecember 19, 2014
built rear frames from computer prints and enjoyed the people i worked with just didnt pay enough
ok
Assembler (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 2, 2014
will it was and hard time out there had to stay on my toes at all time but i made and if I had to do it again I would
Productive and hard worker
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Terre Haute , InSeptember 15, 2014
I work hard at my job and do the best to my ability, I am dependable and try to get my job done in a timely manner. I work in a timely manner also with my co workers to help them when they need help,
Hard work at times,hot, somewhat negative enviroment.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Danville, PAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: 4 days a week & friday would be ot
Cons: long day, hard work, hot, negative enviroment.
A typical day is to make sure you make production. Lot's of things can go wrong though & you have to overcome. Co-workers generally want to do well but sometimes they get frustrated about the work environment, Having two shifts is difficult. Some of the people are good people.
The work is fast paced and the day goes by quick
Axle Line (Current Employee), Kewanee IllinoisJune 20, 2014
Pros: over time, benefits, weight loss
Cons: you sweat, long walk to the parking lot from your work area for lunch
Show up to work, stretch, put on your safety equipment, locate your tools and get your area ready for production. I learned how to set axles on the frames using a crane, attached and tightened air hoses to brake chambers, installed slacks, torqued the U bolts, control arm bolts, Brake chamber bolts, hanger end bolts to the correct specs. Marked the torqued bolts with a paint pen and filled out the paperwork. Helped co-workers when needed if something came up like the axle builders needed a hand moving things up. Teamwork environment.

My supervisor is pretty laid back, but can be very serious at any moment. He wants us to work hard and do a good job but is very understanding and knows that sometimes things happen like we can't locate a part, tools malfunction ect. to slow things down and he doesn't get to bent out of shape about it. We do our best to catch up if things slow down.

The hardest part about my job is working with not enough, or working with worn out air tools that break down. Sometimes we half to share basic hand tools and it can slow things down a bit. When I started we had all the tools we needed and over time they got misplaced, taken home or removed from out area by other employees and not returned. Sometimes it does get pretty warm while working but they have water available, the big doors are open and fans going.

The best part about my job is the shift works great for my schedule, and it's close to home. The job is some what fast paced and the day goes by real fast. The people are good to work with and makes it easy to look forward to coming back to work.
forklift driver
Material Handler & moved one product from station (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARJune 13, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
driving forklift & getting the product out & on time.Team work was how we did it
Headquarters