Great Dane Trailers

Great Dane Trailers United States Employee Reviews

Good job but very physical
Trailer Builder (Former Employee), Brazil, INApril 1, 2015
Pros: intense and consistant
Cons: dangerous
Was a good job for me when i was younger.This job payed my bills and put food on the table.Loved the hours and schedule at this job.
good benefits and advancement opportunity
Trailer builder (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2015
preparing material for work order,use of computer systems .co-workers and management were fair. making error would be difficult.an enjoyable part would be doing a great productive day
Hard work with appropriate pay
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Kewanee, ILFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day consists of coming in, doing daily stretches and working consistently with minimal down time, as to be expected in a factory. The work load varied between intermediate to overwhelming depending on the type of trailer being built. Working there was a beneficial experience for me as far as work ethic and dedication is concerned. The supervisors were, for the most part, friendly and available to assist the workers. Co-workers were usually friendly as well and efficiently completed the job. One of the more difficult aspects of the job was to manage the other workers in my section, depending on the individual
non productive, harsh behavior towards employees
Assembly line worker/Team Lead (Former Employee), statesboro, gaJanuary 20, 2015
During our start up meeting it usually is the same every morning with us having to do better, work harder, etc. Being threatened every day of termination due to production which is out of my control. I learned a lot of how to operate 95% of all pneumatic tools. I also had the time to gain the experience in Quality Assurance. The hardest part of the job is learning to deal with supervisors and managers yelling and cursing at you without losing your cool. but in order to keep my job I had to deal with it.
Productivity and Efficiency
H.R. Generalist / Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 6, 2015
I work best under pressure so the Human Resource environment is a perfect fit for my skill set. The employees enjoy communicating with with Human Resources and we pride ourselves on a quick resolution to all things job related.
hot workplace but liked the work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Brazil, INDecember 19, 2014
built rear frames from computer prints and enjoyed the people i worked with just didnt pay enough
ok
Assembler (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 2, 2014
will it was and hard time out there had to stay on my toes at all time but i made and if I had to do it again I would
Productive and hard worker
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Terre Haute , InSeptember 15, 2014
I work hard at my job and do the best to my ability, I am dependable and try to get my job done in a timely manner. I work in a timely manner also with my co workers to help them when they need help,
Hard work at times,hot, somewhat negative enviroment.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Danville, PAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: 4 days a week & friday would be ot
Cons: long day, hard work, hot, negative enviroment.
A typical day is to make sure you make production. Lot's of things can go wrong though & you have to overcome. Co-workers generally want to do well but sometimes they get frustrated about the work environment, Having two shifts is difficult. Some of the people are good people.
The work is fast paced and the day goes by quick
Axle Line (Current Employee), Kewanee IllinoisJune 20, 2014
Pros: over time, benefits, weight loss
Cons: you sweat, long walk to the parking lot from your work area for lunch
Show up to work, stretch, put on your safety equipment, locate your tools and get your area ready for production. I learned how to set axles on the frames using a crane, attached and tightened air hoses to brake chambers, installed slacks, torqued the U bolts, control arm bolts, Brake chamber bolts, hanger end bolts to the correct specs. Marked the torqued bolts with a paint pen and filled out the paperwork. Helped co-workers when needed if something came up like the axle builders needed a hand moving things up. Teamwork environment.

My supervisor is pretty laid back, but can be very serious at any moment. He wants us to work hard and do a good job but is very understanding and knows that sometimes things happen like we can't locate a part, tools malfunction ect. to slow things down and he doesn't get to bent out of shape about it. We do our best to catch up if things slow down.

The hardest part about my job is working with not enough, or working with worn out air tools that break down. Sometimes we half to share basic hand tools and it can slow things down a bit. When I started we had all the tools we needed and over time they got misplaced, taken home or removed from out area by other employees and not returned. Sometimes it does get pretty warm while working but they have water available, the big doors are open and fans going.

The best part about my job is the shift works great for my schedule, and it's close to home. The job is some what fast paced and the day goes by real fast. The people are good to work with and makes it easy to look forward to coming back to work.
forklift driver
Material Handler & moved one product from station (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARJune 13, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
driving forklift & getting the product out & on time.Team work was how we did it
a honest living with some unpleasent co-workers
Trailer Assembler (Current Employee), Brazil, INMay 19, 2014
Pros: work experience
My day starts at 6:00 a.m. and ends between 3:30-5:30 p.m., and i do very labor intensive work.I have learn to work with air tools as well as work with my hands better. Ive also learn to deal with unpleasant work environments. Management is very well and deals with everything it needs to. co-workers very to pleasant to work with to intolerable. hardest part of the job would be the physical labor of building the trailers.most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of doing my job well.
Great Dane
Electrician (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMay 4, 2014
Work was okay, but safety with a major issue. Unsafe work practices were a daily requirement.
Woked long hours. And it was a very stressful job.
Welder (Former Employee), Brazil, INApril 18, 2014
Pros: most of the formans and team leaders where helpful and nice about things.
Cons: stressful work envierment.
I don't think I would work there again. It was a very stressful place to work.
Fast paced
Specialist/Trailer Builder (Former Employee), Brazil, INApril 3, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: hot in the summer time
Started out a as an drilling holes in the trailers to quickly becoming a specialist running my own group in drill and drive,Quickly learned the proper ways to drill stainless steel. and teach the newer workers. hardest part was the heat in the summer time. the people were great. and management stayed away as long as everything got done. as long as i ran a crew safely and got them done right.
My customers while working at Great Dane were great.
Outside Sales/Assistant Parts Management (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 26, 2014
Pros: empowered to use multi-tasking skills with office/part order management.
Cons: when working in outside sales-long driving hours.
A typical work day included working one on one with my direct customers via phone, text, emails and daily stops at customers place of business to build relations, check status of parts needed, and also determine other customer needs. This was a very high pace job which required constant contact with the main office (parts team) and the customer and excellent communication and customer relation skills. Often worked at local branch for inside sales, order pulling and distribution. This job required the ability to do whatever was needed to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know customers and vendors. I also enjoyed the ordering and receiving aspects of working inside the local office to assist the manager on a weekly basis with part ordering and inventory control.
Funeral home
mortician (Former Employee), Statesboro ,GaMarch 7, 2014
This was an excellent experience in my life. I just had a change of heart of my college major.
very productive place.
Painter/laborer (Current Employee), Danville, PAFebruary 10, 2014
very productive and well managed. work a 40hr week minimal overtime.
great environment
built big rig trailers (Former Employee), Huntsville Hollow, TNDecember 22, 2013
Pros: hour for lunch
Cons: non trusting checked everything u bring in and take out sloe to ome in and out
showed up hooked the lifts to the bords brought them to the fram cut hammed them in then line move up for other work
Welder (Former Employee), Terre Haute, IndianaNovember 7, 2013
Loved to work there. Great people to be around and work with. Great benefits. Had a 401K. Management was good.

1 2 3

About Great Dane Trailers

Celebrating over 100 years in business, Great Dane has built an enviable reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation – Read more

Great Dane Trailers Salaries