Great Dane Trailers Employee Reviews

working with others was a good thing.
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2017
You would have a routine you will follow & if some one would show you how to do it then you would be responsible to doing that job. The work place was slow most of the time. The hardest part was getting the customer order out on time by the employees. I loved to being evolved with the customers and helping solve problems.
Pros
We would have time to have free lunches.
Cons
We could work and eat all day.
Nice place to work at for college kids
Landing gear assemblu (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NENovember 6, 2017
It was a decent place to work at but the thing that turned me off about working the was the other employs most of the were a little bit immature for my taste but that could be because most of them were college kids
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Immature college kids
horrible mangement
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  terre hauteNovember 1, 2017
The bosses are horrible. Harassment is everywhere they accept it dont care at all. If you report problems they label you a trouble maker set you up and fire you. not a good place to work.steer clear of this place.
Stressful job, friendly peers, poor management
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 26, 2017
I worked at Great Dane for 6 years. It was hard work but the pay was decent. Very poor management. The hardest part of my job was getting the people who worked with me to stay on task, as production was important. The most enjoyable part of my job was making production...feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Poor supervision and very few employee activities
Buyer of Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INOctober 23, 2017
The supervision is at best, questionable. The company does not post office job openings. The company does not sponsor after work activities or offer a membership to a gym.
Behind the times
Intern (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INOctober 18, 2017
Worked as an intern in the late 90's. Many of their drawing were still not digitized and I was hired to redraw paper drawing in their CAD system. Good guys to work around, not particularly challenging design work.
Easy and Stressful
semi building (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INOctober 13, 2017
its a easy job just to stressful with the hours and not worth being stressed for $14.00 an hr and the breaks were to short so you don't get to relax !
Pros
good people
Cons
short breaks
I loved working at Great Dane.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NEOctober 4, 2017
Working at Great Dane was an awesome experience for me. Going into the job I had no knowledge on the work I was going to be doing but because of the people I worked with, I learned quickly. The atmosphere was very comfortable and the people there are very caring and look out for you.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, comfortable atmosphere, and only 4 days a week
Cons
None honestly
Over all secure work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 3, 2017
Well the job has its pros n cons we were a steady work place,three breaks a day it was kinda hot there but there was we worked I would recommend others to work there because it's close to people who work in statesboro area no hassle even tho people tend to wanna be the boss you only have a few with authority
Pros
Never worried about a lay off constant work
Stressful environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 1, 2017
Great Dane Trailers is a very fast pace and stressful environment to work for. Supervisors are required to work over forty hours a week and only get paid for forty.
great dane
Trailer Builder (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INSeptember 20, 2017
It was hot every day. People didnt get along very well or work together. The management was extremely funny. The hardest part of the job was the physical labor and the easier part was constructing the semi wall together.
Pros
outside smoke shacks
Cons
only two walls in the smoke shack
Inconsistancy..unorganized
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Rear framesSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed my experience because of the inconsistancy and non organization because i got a new experience every night. I love welding and enjoyed the family togetherness...we had no choice but to work together and help each other...not out of obligation to the job but a goal to make our customers happy...
Pros
Oppertunity to advance
Cons
Point system
not a horrible place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Very fast paced, detail oriented, long hours short lunches average pay. welded frame of trailer welded 5th wheel plate/section. not over the top hard work just long exhausting hours
Pros
constant work
Cons
little to no free time
Great Dane
General Laborer/Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 18, 2017
Great Dane was a overall great job. I just left because i received a better job offer. It was some long hours sometimes but the pay was worth it. This was probably one of my favorite jobs.
To cheap hard labor
Assembler/Painter (Current Employee) –  Elysburg, PASeptember 17, 2017
Hard labor not worth what u get paid even the the cap rate isn't good should pay lot more. with lots of inexperienced Co workers an management are just rude an careless. An benefits expensive
Pros
4 days a week
Cons
Pay rate, hard labor, poor training, health benfits
fast paced production
Machine Operator/Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 12, 2017
very fast paced production environment worker 12+ hours a night 4-5 days a week great people great environment safe place to work ability to moved up in position
Pros
health insurance
great place to work if you dont mind working hard
Mobile Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHSeptember 8, 2017
you work on semi trailers the work can get physically hard but
very understanding management
enjoy learning new things
every one helps everyone
typically the days are laid back
Pros
paid vacation in the first 90days
Cons
hot in summer cold in winter
Fast-Paced
Maching operator, forklift driver, etc (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INSeptember 7, 2017
A very fast-paced environment. You are in a warehouse all day so it is pretty hot and hard work but enjoyable nonetheless.Great benefits, great management, amazing co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
Heat, hard labor
Good job with good pay.
Trailer Builder (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NESeptember 2, 2017
A typical day would be aligning the tires on at least ten trailers tires. I learned quite a bit about air power tools. I would say the hardest part about the job would be when a piece of machinery would break down we had to complete task a little bit slower. I enjoyed working around the people in the work area.
Pros
four day work week, potential overtime on Friday, three day weekend
Cons
short breaks and lunch breaks
Productive & well balanced work place
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAAugust 31, 2017
It was a great working/professional experience working in a great company among a great management... I'd definitely recommend this company to anyone who takes pride in working for a great company that works for their employees... My overall experience within this particular company had exceeded other companies in which I previously worked for...
Pros
Decent pay & Full benefits...
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Dane Trailers. Our community is ready to answer.