This position will provide day-to-day operational support for Windows server 2000-2012, Windows XP/7/8, and end-user support in an Active Directory environment. Applicants should display excellent technical problem solving skills, a solid understanding of Windows operating systems, and a general understanding of LAN/WAN networking, and VoIP.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of computer and voice MPLS networks including hardware/software support, training, and projects
- Assist in planning, coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, product services and support
- Manage virtual and physical Microsoft Windows servers, virtual infrastructure and storage infrastructure to ensure uptime, performance, and security patches are applied in a timely manner
- Administer a Windows Directory Services infrastructure including installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Active Directory and DNS for Active Directory as well creation and modification of AD Group Policy.
- Configuration and deployment of new software applications
- Provide support for various business applications, including Hosted exchange e-mail, proprietary company software, and Microsoft SQL databases
- Install, configure, and maintain company desktop computers
- Assist in configuration and maintenance of Microsoft Nav platform
- Plan, recommend and assist in the design, modification, and troubleshooting of a Multi-site VoIP telecommunications systems
- Assist in planning, configuring, and supporting Disaster Recovery site
- Daily support of all GDI applications – MS Nav, SQL, System Center, Hyper-V Cluster, iSCSI SAN, Office 2007-2013, File and Print servers, Fenevision, Macola
- Support all Manufacturing terminals and associated equipment
- A degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience providing 24x7 support in high availability environment
- Familiarity with VMWare and Hyper-V
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent networking skill including up to: routers, switches, access points, MPLS, VoIP, and VLANs
- Basic understanding of the application and the use of iSCSI, DCHP, DNS, GPO, Active Directory, Imaging, Office, Call Centers
- Ability to learn new software and hardware and to adapt to changes in technology
- Ability to work independently, as a team member; establish, and maintain cooperative working relationships with all those contacted during the course of work.
- Able to work with changing deadlines, conflicting priorities, and users of all levels of technical skill.
- Power shell and VB scripting a plus
- Manufacturing experience a plus
Please include a cover letter with salary requirements.