Great Day Improvements, LLC Employee Reviews

good job even better people
Carpenter/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 19, 2017
I would still be there if i didn't get hurt was not work related but awesome place to work.the hardest part of the job is getting paid every two weeks but don't get me wrong if you are not used to working hard this job is not for you.
Working At Great Day
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Macedonia, OHNovember 14, 2016
Well I currently still working here and its very easy work to do as long as you pay attention management is cool the co-workers are nice they just talk a lot lol the hardest part about the job is nothing really everything is very easy the best part about the job is that its easy lol.. i
Not the best place to work, but its a steady job.
Warehouse supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 7, 2016
This company is headed nowhere and I want out. I am looking for a company that's going to help me grow and use my education to its best abilities.
Its an okay place to work.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 7, 2016
I am looking for a change. Management is not the best and I just need something better in my life with a set schedule. My life is headed in a different direction and I need a company that is gone fit the direction i am headed in.
Pros
Learn new things
Cons
Bad management
I am willing to work overtime holidays
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Macedonia, OHDecember 3, 2015
I am looking for a career advancing job with future advancement potential. dedication to high worth ethic and advancement potential. I come to work early and stay late dont need breaks or lunch.
Pros
no lunch is required
Cons
no breaks needed
Company was not managed well.
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 3, 2015
Company started out strong in the Nashville area. However, they did not finish strong at all. Closed down after 5 months in the business.

Products were good just management did not care to much for the employees.
Pros
Good benefits and balance with home life.
Cons
Poorly Managed
A hot uncomfortable work place with many co workers who were not willing to work as a team, or at all.
Line Leader/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHFebruary 1, 2015
I was doing the job of four people in a very hot atmosphere with uncomfortable safety equipment on and was very disappointed at how other co workers would want to not work, or push an order through that clearly was not up to standards just because they did not want to correct it.
Pros
Lunch time was 45 minutes
Cons
under paid
Fun and interesting
assistant service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHMarch 7, 2014
Not a stressful enviroment to work in. Co-workers and management were very friendly to me. The only thing I wish they did different was made advancement more available to employees.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
minimal advancement oppurtunities
Not sure what's going on up there...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 13, 2014
It was more in the management and ownership at the corporate level that I had the biggest issues with. Also manufacturing and engineering I don't believe knows left from right and the questioning of the mundane and unimportant aspects are what really start to make the whole corporate structure start to crumble. This is from my personal experiences dealing with them. At the local level, we tried our best to deal with what they were throwing us, but in the end, our customers were fed up with the excuses and such.

The local guys here really know their stuff, and I hope to continue doing business in the near future with them. Really enjoyed working with them and the environment at the office was usually pleasant.

I think the lessons and the training I received was fantastic and it will take me far. The hardest part of the job was dealing with corporate.
Pros
Help people design THEIR sunroom/project and meeting all of these new faces
Cons
Corporate
Laid off due to lack of work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Because I truly enjoyed working in the Customer Service side of Manufacturing, I learned many engineering and installation specifications. If I hadn't believed in the company, I would have never encouraged my son to work there over the past ten months. He, also, was laid off during the same week I was due to lack of work, one week before Christmas.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No room for advancement
Great place to learn about customer service and the home improvement industry
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2013
GDI was a great place to work. I loved the customers and it was so great to see the before and after pictures of their home improvement projects!
Pros
Customer interaction, Co-Workers, Open door policy with corporate management
Cons
Did not provide proper training to new General Managers, staff was often not informed of new policies or procedures, would have to find out "through the grapevine"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Day Improvements, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6