Great Expressions Dental Centers

Great Expressions Dental Centers Employee Reviews

Dishonest
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2016
Promised full time hours but it became less than 3 hours per week. Found my position posted on job website. Brought in temporary help to do my job when I was available to work. Was told I had a full schedule but when I would arrive to work would be told I wasn't scheduled that day. Heavy turn over of employees.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Worst!
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2016
This company is ridiculous. You're groomed to fail. Overworked and under paid. Management is a joke. Patients constantly complain about the ever changing staff and I see why.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Upper management is lazy expects underpaid staff to break their backs to compensate.
Good hours and benefits
Reception/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GANovember 7, 2016
The hours, pay and benefits were good while working here but didn't agree with their ethics. Would recommend services to patients that they didn't need so they could meet their goals for each quarter
A fun place to work, very fast pace and very organized office.
Dental Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MINovember 4, 2016
A typical day at work is coming in with a smile, everyone speaks to one another and very energized. I learned to feel comfortable with seating patients, going over there procedures explaining what they need and make them feel comfortable as possible. My co-workers were very respectful and helpful. The hardest part was leaving my job after my extern because there was no position available at the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was showing up at work on time loving what I do and being able to make others feel confident and comfortable with there smile.
No team work !
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 18, 2016
They show favoritism to lead dental assistant do whatever she wants and overwork the other assistants. They let the lead assistant leave dirty tools out overnight and take naps and also leaves when she wants. Get ready to be overworked with terrible pay!!
Pros
Meet some good people
Cons
They dont care about their assistants
productive and fun work environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHOctober 14, 2016
me and my co workers worked as a family and cared a lot for our patients, i am a motivated and hard worker and they helped me strengthen my weaknesses.
Pros
family friendly environment
Cons
healthcare
It varies office to office .
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 27, 2016
Regionals are good, front desk people vary some great n friendly some rude n two faced . Drs mostly okay, hygienist usually nice, assistants usually nice.
Pros
If you need time off or take a vacation they don't make you feel bad, most offices.
Cons
The employees that are not nice
Horrible, non supportive and negative
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Worked there for only two months. I honestly could not stand it. The training I received was "answer the phone after 2 rings at most"... I literally answered about 200+ phone calls a day, there were two other girls who were also coordinators, one never offered help and the other was always too be entertaining the manager (bff it seemed). They were always understaffed and it was an extremely busy office. The management there was also aweful. It's a cooperation with designated managers and there was a dentist there that seemed to have ran the office. Everyone spoke about each other. The manager had the worst customer service skills I have ever seen in my life!!!! It was horrific. Also, it's supposed to be 8-5 but it's was soooooo disorganized! The lunches and hours were never ever steady! And I was never able to work my 40 hours a week because they don't even know how to keep track of it!
Pros
Mon-fri, 8-5
Cons
Management, poor support
pay
Patient Coordinator/ Insurance Verification (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2016
I do not want to give my opinion about this company but am not happy working here. Looking forward for better opportunities in life.
Great Patient Care Due to Team work excellence
Management (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 6, 2016
This company has many great characteristics. The process of training employees with no dental knowledge is top notch. The Canton office has promoted many employees to greater positions within the company. Many opportinities for anyone with ambition. Hope to spend many years with this great team
Pros
Patient care is always priority
Cons
Salaries can be low
Poor
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 6, 2016
Management is horrible...very low pay and over worked....no true support. No proper training for staff, everyone is just thrown to the wolves. Failure to keep any Doctors happy enough to stay @ the practice. Patient complain about new staff due to high turnover, pay is a joke really
If patient care is important to you do not work here
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Metro AtlantaMay 22, 2016
Conceptually this is a good idea, however in practicality this is not a good place to work. As a hygienist it is more important to produce than provide quality dental health services. You are told by the hygiene director that you must have 70% of your patient as Periodontal patients. They also expect you to sell products. The compensation package is misleading. You must produce an average of $1,000.00 a day or you can fall behind and actually owe the company by running a negative bonus. Although they will not make you pay back the negative amount, they will fire you if you do not at least break even or exceed the grossly underpaid base compensation. You are expected to clock out if you are not producing.
If you got into Hygiene to be a health care provider this is not where you belong. If you got into hygiene because you want to make money and are willing to sell dentistry you might be happy here. Just keep in mind that in 2015 the hygiene turnover rate for Atlanta was over 70 %.
Pros
It is better then not working at all
Cons
There is a reason why turnover is so high in this company, not just hygiene but all positions.
gossip and favoritism
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2016
There is so much gossip that it makes it hard to work. Half of the managers are nasty to the employees and the othe ones are not appreciated. Management shows favoritism to certain employees and it makes it hard to report the behavior because of it.People are not paid enough for the amount they get stepped on. Patients do not receive the care they should because employees are so fed up.
Pros
I've left the company.
Cons
gossip, underpaid, favoritism, patients don't matter they are just a number
Over worked and under paid !!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cutler Bay, FLApril 4, 2016
This a terrible work environment , for starters there is no moral in this office beginning with the office manager , and finishing off with the dentist . They are all about production , and not patient care . They try to force patients to have treatment done that is not even necessary , all the Doctor wants to do are crowns , because it th easiest way of producing money !!! Needless to say I was let go , because they said I was not happy , which the office manager and the doctor were one of the first ones who spoke bad about everyone and back stabbed every employee in the office . Maybe if they really had a good management and caring doctor in the office things would be a lot different !!
Pros
Cons
Over worked and no consideration for there employees
Run away
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 2, 2016
I have experience un professionalism here. Not a healthy work environment. Run far away from this place as possible. You never have supplies you need. No hours. No loyalty. No Patient care.its all about money here.
Casual Workplace
Claims Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 17, 2016
The workplace is very casual and laid back. I have learned a lot about managing myself and always being the best at my job.
Great for Building Skills
Speciality Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2016
The company has a large patient load which gives employees plenty of experience. I learned how to deal with high stress enviroments. I was able to use my team work skills to help the teams I was apart of have successful days. My co-workers are great we work very well together. The hardest part of my job is the work hours. The most enjoyable part is providing a service for patients.
Horrible work environment / No stars
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selden, NYDecember 28, 2015
No team work. Gossip and putting down others is accepted by management, even infront of patients. Foul language is not repremanded. No employee appreciation or general respect unless your a provider. No honest care for patients. Money hungry. No proper training for OSHA or regulations for lab area and operatories. Office is run down needs updated equipment. General office appearance is dirty and off putting. Employee favoritism by management leading to unfair job duties. Low salary. Not worth the benefits. Run as far as you can.
Family atmoshere
Oral Surgery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GADecember 7, 2015
Corporate is corporate you have to keep up production. Don't care about patient well being. I love helping people and meeting all kinds walk of life. I made a difference people love to see me cause I do make a difference.
Pros
holiday party
Cons
production a must
Productive and speedy environment
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 5, 2015
Very fast work place for claims processing department. Typical day at work will consist of reviewing patients accounts and adjusting payments for dental procedures.
Pros
Bonuses, paid holidays, great benefits
Cons
professionalism