Great Expressions Dental Centers Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
very fast paced and cut throat employees
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  every whereSeptember 21, 2017
It was an awful place to work. Your not appreciated for what you do. Its about how many patients can be seen in a day. It's about quantity, not quality.
Pros
Cons
everything
awesome place
Pediatric Hygiene Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GA 30214September 16, 2017
friendly staff. great customer service. excellent benefits, great hourly rate. great patient patience. awesome doctors. flexible work schedule when needed
fun place to work
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2017
it was a great place to work very nice people, very understanding people the work environment was very calm and relaxing it was really no issue as long as you did your job
Orthodontic Assistant
Orthodontist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIAugust 22, 2017
As an orthodontic assistant i was required to assist in removing brackets, placing and bonding bands, brackets, arch wires and color ties/ powerchains. Responsible for records which consisted of x-ray pan/ceph and photos.
Wonderful place to work
RDH (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 18, 2017
Typical day: Meeting of days work schedule. Appreciated for independent motivated work. Access Pt needs and treat accordingly. I have learned there are companies who respect employees and treat them well. Management is proactive in customer service and positive work environment. Hardest part of job: nothing! Most enjoyable part of job is being treated with respect and positive atmosphere.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Not enough locations in Savannah
Great Place for a Dentist to Grow
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
I started my career as a dentist at GEDC shortly after graduating dental school. Over the past 5 years, management has supported me and allowed me to grow professionally. If you bring a good work ethic and a strong sense of integrity to the table, you're recognized, acknowledged and groomed for success. Really happy I followed my hunch to move to Tampa to work for GEDC, it has turned into a lifelong career. Highly recommended.
Pros
Endless growth opportunities
Cons
Not a lot but maybe more time off would be awesome ;)
Terrible place to work, horrible place to have dental treatment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2017
I worked here just under a year. It was miserable. They are so unprofessional. They spend more time out back smoking or gossiping than helping patients. The management is a joke. It is quite trashy and in the dental field I was surprised to see this level of lacking professionalism. It is a very hostile work environment and patients are seen as how much money they bring in that day on the appointment book. They have managers that travel around to the many offices, over 250... that are just as tacky and reek of stale cigarettes. The employees even talk bad about each other and have worked together years in some cases. I could not get out of there fast enough!
busy
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 4, 2017
Busy fast paced environment. Your main focus is patient care. Each Dr. has their own treatment coordinator so you don't have to deal with insurance. Not a bad place to work if you are new to dental field. Mostly everyone is helpful and teams work as a unit.
Cons
overbooking
they do not treat the employees well
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYAugust 1, 2017
Traveling was involved out if state ,did not pay for wear and tear on vehicle and it just got out of hand .there is a lot of nepotism being that there are three sisters that work for the company and they hire friends and mostly there own race .
Pros
doctors are great
Cons
management and pay is horrible
Patient Services Rep
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 18, 2017
The job is a pure joke they give u 15 dollars if that to do a load of work and barely can find the time to train you Don't search here look else where
Pros
Ok pay and foot in dentistry
Cons
Short break, lack of training, too much work little pay for the job
Horrible environment
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 11, 2017
Management expects you to learn the job without teaching you anything. This company is horrible to work for. One moment you will be told your doing well the next fired.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Office staff are great with good perks
Office (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 3, 2017
I love the people I work with. Corporate however is only about the money. Not good with work/life balance. Always overworking staff. Corporate doesn't care about their employees however depending on what office you work in, the office employees are great!
Poor Management-Horrible work experience
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New City, NYJune 20, 2017
I worked at Great Expressions for more than a year and got a merit raise -- however I was fired after I was sick for two weeks.

These were the only sick days I took in a year. I was hospitalized and had doctors notes - but I was let go anyway.

The manager at the time was the third one I worked for in the one year I was at G-E. She did not know how to talk to employees.

The other two managers quit after a brief time because the company wanted them to upsell customers with treatment that was not necessary.

I'm actually glad I am free of that place. Don't waste your time applying here. It is not a career choice.
Pros
A good example of a bad job
Cons
Poor management.
Can't be lazy
Practice Administrator and Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2017
The company is growing, the work is not hard it is just a lot, and the training is poor. Depending on which office you work in really depends on the overall experience.
Pros
1 Hour lunch
Cons
Very little raises
Management is a joke and you are a maid
Dental assistance (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 9, 2017
Management has no idea about dentistry and what it takes to make a company grow. Front desk staff doesn't move all day they sit in their chairs and bark orders , lazy , dds over charge and at do horrible work. You are expected to scrub bathrooms and then take your uniform home and wash it. Poor pay, medical insurance is a joke ($4000 deductible ). Horrible toxic living coniving place to work. Hours are cut short. Drs call off left and right. Dental assistance are scheduled here , hygienists are taken care of better than the doctors.
Pros
You have a horrible job
Cons
Horrible pay, benefits have terrible coverage, worst management I've ever worked for
fast paced
Lead Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJune 6, 2017
Very fast paced and at times it can be very stressful working for a corporation. Extremely production driven with a high turn over of Doctors and staff.
Pros
benefits, vacation and stability
Cons
short breaks, high staff turnover
Fun Place To Work
Accounts Receivable Trainer (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIJune 2, 2017
GEDC offers an amazing wellness program along with tuition reimbursement. They are always striving to be the top Dental Company. They are a fast growing company.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement, wellness program
Cons
Healthcare, no additional training
Terrible Place to Work
Patient coordinator/dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockland County, NYMay 27, 2017
After working at Great Expressions for more than one year without taking any sick time I was let go because I was out for one week (in the hospital) and then got the flu for another week shortly after getting out of the hospital.

My manager did not know how to talk to people and had several customer complaints against her.

The health plan was expensive and had a very high deductible that did not cover anything.

I stuck it out because I am a single mom with two kids. However being let go for being sick (with doctors notes) just shows how disloyal this company is to it's workers.
Pros
Cons
Disloyal to employees - and upsells customers with unnecesary work.
Worst Experience of my Life
Periodontal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 22, 2017
I was employed for all of 1 week. I drove over an hour to the office that I traveled to twice a week just to find out all of the patients for the day were canceled and no one called me. ALSO, the office manager told me I was being terminated because of my attendance. I missed a week of work during my probationary period because I had Mono. i obtained 2 drs notes one from the hospital because I was there for a day and one from my primary care physician. I still list my job because I missed 3 1/2 days of work. Ridiculous.
Great Expressions
Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2017
This company is horrible to work for. Some of he managers micro managed. I worked on the corporate side of the company and the managers are just awful.
Pros
Cons
micro manage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Expressions Dental Centers. Our community is ready to answer.