Great Expressions Employee Reviews in United States

Mismanaged dental corporation
DENTAL HYGIENIST (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 28, 2016
Employees are great we try to the best with the time allow to treat patients with the equipment and materials provided. I remind my self of how I would like to be treated as a patient
Pros
Cons
just a job
Medicad office high production
Certified Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2015
First office what i found the hardest to work with wasn't the staff it was the doctor. The doctor is very hard to satisfy and is very confrontational. But the doctor is a great teacher i learned most if the skill i use today from her.
Pros
family oriented staff
Cons
no consistency
Great place to work and very family oriented.
oral surgery assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 14, 2015
This was place to work. A typical day consist of a very high cliental. In this setting I learned to manage my time efficiently, while taking great care of the patients, who are our main priority. I worked under great management, for the most part everyone got along well. Though difficulty may have arrived, it was smoothed out quickly with everyone working together to make the client happy.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
short breaks
Dental assistant (Current Employee) –  TAMPA,FLORIDAMarch 24, 2015
Great expressions is a greta place to work. Everyone is very professional and knowledgeable. Everyone is very driven, and kind, always willing to lend a hand and assist. This is a great place place to learn and grow professionally.
Pros
BENEFITS, GREAT PAY
Cons
N/A
Great Experience
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2015
It was a great experience as far as job related, how to deal with many personalities, different was of trainings. I loved working with the kids they made my day go by faster. The whole experience was bitter sweet.
Pros
lunch on time everyday most of the time
Cons
bad pay, to many personalities, no team work, management was not the best.
Multitasking Achieved!
Patient care coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJanuary 3, 2015
Acknowledging our daily goals in the our morning huddles helped set my day accordingly. Apart from answering phones with compassion and understanding, most of the day was dedicated to checking-in and checking-out patients and verifying insurance coverage.
Pros
opened my horizon to new insurances such as: medicaid, golden, ucci, etc.
Cons
unorganized institution. management very inconsistent.
Great learning experience fast paced office
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, MIJune 19, 2014
A typical day at work was fast paced & uneventful. I learned about more instruments and how to work front desk. The management was very helpful. My co-workers were very willing to help me learn their way of doing things and helped when i made mistakes. The hardest part of the job was taking x-rays in timely manner.The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
being treated to lunch
Cons
not being able to assist the dentist
great enviroment
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIJune 11, 2014
this was a great job to learn at. they had the help desk handling level one and two issues.
Fun place to work and learn
PATIENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIMay 15, 2014
Everyday I deal with multiple different insurances, and different types of patients. I have learned a lot about the dental field and how to improve my personal dental health. I enjoy working with many people in my company, and because there are many offices I am able to go to other offices and help out when needed. The hardest part of my job would have to be trying to keep up with the changing of insurance policies that happens daily. I enjoy this challenge though, and learning the different insurances is very interesting to me.
Pros
free dental benefits, helping people improve their dental health
Cons
the high turn over rate in management
Serious workplace with good people
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 21, 2014
Good co-workers, day usually flew by, management was great, always listened to ones problems. Very understanding workplace.
Pros
people friendly environment
Cons
eyes hurting from staring at the computer too long.
Great Expressions Experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 30, 2013
I was a employee,and I multi task the front/back. Developed a great relationship with coworkers throughout the years with new and old co workers coming into the company. Hours began to change late and longer hours and felt unappreciated especially being a team player. I had a great relationship with the patients since I was there a long period of time.Overall, I did learn alot from the company with computer knowledge and growth in company.
Pros
job security
Cons
unappreciated, late hours....
worst job ever
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 29, 2013
Horrible place to work. Poor management. They didn't care about your skills or how well you worked, everything was about production. So that tells you how important the patients health meant to the company.
Busy
Dental/ Hygiene Assistant (Former Employee) –  LawrencevilleApril 9, 2013
Clocking in and teaming up for a meeting, which would be our game plan for the day and how to get our patient seated and seen in a timely manner. The meeting is what helped me actually learn that you need to work as a team to make it thru the day with smiling faces. Hardest part was when I see a co-worker struggling, but I cant get to them because im with a patient. The part that I loved was the company of my co-workers and that my manager was on my side with belief in her workers.
Cons
somedays we wouldn't get a lunch.
A friendly place where the front and back worked together.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIDecember 29, 2012
When I started at Great Expressions my office manager was have surgery and would be out for 6 weeks, the girl I was taking over for was pregnant and only had a week to train me. I learned a lot on my own and had a great staff that helped me. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the patients. They brought a smile to my face and were so understanding of my situation of being alone to learn. I loved working there.
Great expressions says it all
Intern/Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 9, 2012
Everything was great!! My co workers were so nice and heplful and funny. Didnt make me feel uncomfortable
busy excellent
Intern/Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 15, 2012
now here it was very busy in and out all day everyone was so nice the hardest thing was seein peoples teeth bein pulled it hurt me more
A learning working expirence in which i learned many things in the dental field..
Head Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 11, 2012
My typical day of work consists of all phone calls, scheduling, checking in, checking out, posting payments, verification of insurances, collecting co pay, following up on open claims, faxes, etc
Pros
loved working with children and have amazing coworkers
Great Benefits
Patient Coordinator/ Front Office 16/hr (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 6, 2012
A typical workday would start with a morning huddle after printing and reviewing the schedule. Hopefully all insurance has been verified; if not I would verify insurance myself. Check all emails and messages before my day begins. Things at this work place was very unorganized due to turn over employees and management. I enjoyed working in pedo; children brighten up my day!
Pros
fun environment
Cons
unorganized
It was busy and enjoyable.
Dental Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 12, 2012
A typical day at work was prepping for the dentist and sitting chair side helping the dentist. I learned its a fast pacing job. My co-workers where nice and very helpful. The enjoyable part of my job was actually working with the dentist and watching her work on the patience.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
didn't get hired because they were fully staffed
Productive and fun employees
Certified Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIApril 12, 2012
Poor management. Seen 23 patients per day per provider. The providers were great, manger was not so great. The job was fun, fast paced and mostly organized.

Great Expressions Reviews by Location