Great Floors Employee Reviews

Fun Working
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 5, 2018
The Owners are very fun and love to keep you on your toes! This is very fast paced and also very relaxed so you get a very easy and comfortable work environment.
Pros
All Alone
Cons
breaks when you can
Unprofessional Snakes in the Grass
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WADecember 4, 2017
Great Floors taught me that there are companies that will expect everything from their employees but refuses to reward or acknowledge employees. They even promised a co-worker of mine a manager position but failed to give any training, and ended up hiring someone to fill the position without ever notifying anyone in the store. The company also decided to give the employee that was trained by myself, with one of the worst attendance records they gave him a dollar raise while I haven't even gotten my 3 month review yet I'm on my 8th month of employment with them. Any time I try to bring the subject of my raise I'm either ignored or given 1 of 2 excuses that have changed themselves more than once in a day.
Pros
Paid Lunches and Breaks
Cons
Benefits, no OT, management, lack of proper equipment, low wages
Was fired because they were "making changes"
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WANovember 13, 2017
Was let go because they were "making changes" in the Burlington location. Store manager said this in front of a customer and another warehouse worker. Then the manager took off and left for the day, no explanations. When HR was contacted nobody returned any phone calls or emails... Shady!
fun workplace, fun people, great work load,
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 7, 2017
Never a dull moment. I learned to be quick. Management was great. Workplace culture was great. No hard parts of the job. Most enjoyable, the people.
Pretty great place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, WAAugust 29, 2017
The company is pretty great to work for and I like the people that I work with. Every job has its good days and bad days. But at the end of most days I go home happy with my life and not hating my job. Some commission jobs can be pretty competitive but everyone at the store is pretty fair. One good part about working with this company is that you get to be creative. When you are working with the customers you can help them design the space that they dream of.
Pros
Benefits, Decent Pay, freedom to be creative.
Cons
Computer systems are outdated, can be slow at times
poor everthing
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 12, 2017
Manager does not run the store, mean cut throat and abusive people up front, warehouse is overloaded overlooked and unsafe, be prepared to breath dust all day from the back lot, the receptionist acts like the boss, I would not wish this job on anyone.
Pros
a few nice people
Cons
ghetto, insurane, half of the front staff, no warnings, unsafe, liars, no management
Canned for a stupid reason
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMay 4, 2017
The Great Floors motto is: you're always right, if you do the right thing. I did the right thing, and still got canned. Warehouse manager is awesome, but the store manager needs a BIG improvement.
Pros
Warehouse, sales people are cool
Cons
Company "policy" needs improvement
Fun place to work
Office Manager and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 8, 2016
Great job while in college. Must maintain awareness of all customers' location in giant warehouse, direct sales staff to area and inform sales staff of what customer is in the market for. Generally a laid-back job but can become busy in peak sales times.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, fun environment
Cons
Sales staff are commission-based - they get aggressive. Conflict resolution a must-have skill
nice place to work if you like to go go all day.( i did)
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 17, 2015
very busy place always something new going on.
co-workers are great.
the hardest part of the job was to make sure we had the items were ready for the next day. and the inventory problems but finding the problem was a great feeling every time i found and fixed the issue.
sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAAugust 3, 2015
Overall good company, good management.
Too much drama for the money involved and you get overlooked frequently as a sales associate,
Pros
few
Cons
money
Easily the best job I've ever had.
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJune 16, 2015
I loved my time with Great Floors. Granted it was physical work but the people I worked with were amazing and were always there for you. It was almost like working with a big family.
Builder Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WADecember 18, 2014
A typical day would include stocking and cleaning the warehouse before opening. Then up to the front to assist members. I learned all about the optical area. Management was supportive. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part was the independence they gave you to do you job.
Fun workplace with no opportunities to move up or get raises
Distribution Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 24, 2014
Each day is essentially the same loading and unloading tile, carpet, hardwood and various other floor coverings.

The management within the warehouse is good and thoughtful. unfortunately it seems the company owners arent interested in helping you grow your paycheck or a career.

I work with guys who have worked for the company 10+ years and still make a little over Minimum wage.
Pros
its a job
Cons
no options to grow. stifled.
Nice place to work flooring industry.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAApril 8, 2013
Greeting and engaging with clients, data entry, answering phones, filing, making sure refreshments were available for customers, setting up conference room for staff meetings and product demos.
I learned a lot about flooring products, design, planning, schematics and contracting.
My co-workers were all enthusiastic and loved their jobs.
There was no difficult part of the job.
I enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
learning, room for advancement and benefits
Cons
low pay and lack of full time hours.
good people to work with but not very good pay or insurance
Driver (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 20, 2012
it is a good place to work if you do not like being to busy the people I do my pick ups from are all very nice and great customer service but it is not a career
Pros
get off early, and get paid for a full day
Cons
it costs me more in gas to get to work then i make, not very good insurance