Great Hearts Academies Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
No pay scale increase
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2017
An inspiring corporation with motivated leadership, but no salary scale for the teachers. I have been here almost five years and have not had any substantial raise in pay. No future if you want to have a family and build equity. Only way to move up is to go into admin, and the space there is limited, and the resources they give their admins to do what they want is also very limited. Turnover is high because they haven't fund raised rigorously for teacher pay. New buildings and flashy marketing is important, but there has been no pay raise even as the company takes on a very professional curb appeal. It is likely hard for headmasters to do their job when they cannot offer enough money to keep excellent teachers.

It is a tough but rewarding job, but in the long run it doesn't leave much hope for rising into the middle class.
Pros
Great people. Good mission.
Cons
Dead end job for teachers. Titles and added responsibilities with no reasonable raise in pay.
Stressful work environment
Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2015
This place required long work hours and unrealistic expectations. I was first told that I was an valuable to the team and appreciated. Later, I was told that I was no longer a fit for the organization.
A wonderful environment for teachers, but I want to be closer to home.
Summer Academy Director / Lit/Comp Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2013
They invest a lot in their teachers, effectively so. But, they stretch them thin also.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Hearts Academies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3