Great Lakes Airlines Employee Reviews

Wonderful co-workers, Vendors, Pilots.
Parts Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 24, 2016
Typical day high paced, multitask, customer service, got along with everyone from managers, co-workers, drivers, Pilots, ground crew, mechanics, hardest part re-routing packages due to canceled flights. most enjoyable hard work and being busy.
Pros
flying
Cons
healthcare
Fun Evironment with coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at Great Lakes was very simple. We would begin our day with opening the station at 5:30a.m. and continue with checking if all equipment was operational for the day. After equipment checks were complete we would move on to checking in passengers for their travel day. My learning experience is a great one, not only did I get to interact with the public on a daily basis I was able to meet pilots from all across the country through our flights. My coworkers were absolutely amazing, and my boss Debbie is one of the best bosses to have worked for. The most enjoyable part of my day was to be with my coworkers who have become more of my family.
Pros
Godd work environment
Cons
Delays
Great Company to grow and move up in
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Moab, UTMay 19, 2016
I started out as and employee who worked 10 hours a week. Now I am a station manager in Alamosa, CO. I became manager within 1.5 years of working for GLA. They have only helped me further my career with them. Very good communication and great to have such good and wonderful people to talk to.
Pros
enjoyable work
Cons
pay is not as good as I think it should be.
Horrible Place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2016
Had a horrible experience working there. Never knew if we were going to have a job the next day. Company was shutting down places. Lead Mech wouldn't ever really help you. Became a toxic workplace. Very unprofessional. Has the good ol boy system in place. If you weren't in the "in" crowd they could care less about you. Benefits were a joke. The vans that they work out of were Lucky that they ever started. There was no pride in anything.
productive workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 29, 2016
a wonderful place with wonderful people. always busy something new everyday and the customers are always happy. love working with planes
Best job ive ever had
customer service (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 11, 2016
Hours flucuate alot, fun people, great atmosphere, learned alot about security and airplanes, great customers, awsome co-workers
Pros
FLEXIBLE
Cons
NOT ENOUGH HOURS
Everyone is Expendable
Customer Service Agent, Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Page, AZ, Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2015
Within this company, despite terrifying government and corporate regulations that are mandatory to memorize, often verbatum, and grueling manual labor, insanely rude and demanding passengers, excessive work loads, long and strange hours; the pay is abismal, the benefits are laughable, and the company does not want to hear questions, complaints, or needs. Unless you keep your head down and do your work without help or complaints, you will have a file collected against you, and will lose your job. Management is abysmal, the owner is too busy flying everywhere on vacation while ignoring all of his own company & FAA policies, not to mention his "guests" getting the same treatment, and all the local polititians, police, fire, and passengers hate you for working there because the airline is so terrible
Pros
Free flights on GLA
Cons
Cut corners, Pay low, Lead staff like children, Punish those who do good, promote those who do bad.
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at work consist of being blamed for others mistakes, seeing unethical practices and fearing for your job if you speak up. If you love to cut corners and put passengers lives at risk you will be a manager or lead ASAP.
Great Culture and people
Ramp agent/Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZJune 9, 2015
Working at Great lakes Airlines introduced me to the aviation industry and I absolutely loved the job. If the wage was more than what it is now I would definitely stay at this job but overall the job is great, the people are awesome, and the prescott location is fun.
Pros
Free Flights, awesome work environment, great people
Cons
low wages
Friendly people, poor pay.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYMay 14, 2015
Learned a lot about the airline industry. Worked with a lot of friendly hardworking people. Management was easy to get along with. Only negative aspects were low pay and poor scheduling.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Show Low, AZMay 10, 2015
Had a great time working there! I have known the family who owns it for a really long time! Worked during the summers for extra college cash.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Some customers can be rude.
GLA was a fun experience as it was a return to my younger days. Awesome people to work with!
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 5, 2015
We worked hard and played hard. We all loved and supported each other through some awful weather conditions. I miss you guys!
Exciting and fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSJune 22, 2014
Enjoyed learning able the aviation field and all the rules and regulations that went with the job. Learned to grow a great respect for this field and the people I worked with.
Pros
Flights benefits
Cons
Never close the airpiort
Team environment
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 1, 2014
We were a family and a team with great management. Was an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Great work environment
Great work place.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 10, 2014
Booking flights, marshaling aircrafts in and out, Loading passengers and their luggage on and off the aircrafts.
Ramp Lead and Alternate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2014
A typical day would be getting planes in and out on time.

The people that work at this company are great.
Csa/gsc
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSFebruary 13, 2014
I really loved working for the airport because of the people I worked with. It felt like a family working there. I would check passengers in, take their checked bags to TSA then to the baggage cart, wait for plane to call in range and communicate information with the pilots, call for security to start, direct the plane in, unload gate checked and checked bags for passengers, then load outgoing bags and gate checked bags, walk incoming passengers to terminal then walk outgoing passengers to the plane. Direct plane out then close flight in the computer, put bags in baggage claim, then do missing baggage claims. I also had to know how to use a GPU, a tug, and a deicer.
Pros
free flights
Cons
short and multiple shifts
Heavy maintenance was educational
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 5, 2014
Experience working on structural parts: propellers, electrical systems, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, vacuum, and static systems. Perform careful inspections of aircraft for FOD and other damage. Co-workers were great. Plenty of road trips to outstations.
Great job to have if you like to travel
RAMP AGENT (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 25, 2013
Each day I do something different, I pick up inbound Aircraft and drop off the luggage where they need to go and another day i'll park the aircraft and unload the passengers from the plane and board them up on a plane for there departure
Pros
free flight benifits on other airlines
Cons
short staffed
Good workplace to attain experience.
A&P Line Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2013
This was my first job out of school. I have learned as well as matured as an aviation line mechanic in the five years I have been here. I work outside in the element everyday year round.

2.8