Great Lakes Airlines

Great Lakes Airlines Employer Reviews

Exciting and fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Liberal, KSJune 22, 2014
Pros: flights benefits
Cons: never close the airpiort
Enjoyed learning able the aviation field and all the rules and regulations that went with the job. Learned to grow a great respect for this field and the people I worked with.
Team environment
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJune 1, 2014
Pros: great work environment
We were a family and a team with great management. Was an enjoyable place to work.
Great work place.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Merced, CAApril 10, 2014
Booking flights, marshaling aircrafts in and out, Loading passengers and their luggage on and off the aircrafts.
Ramp Lead and Alternate Supervisor (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 24, 2014
A typical day would be getting planes in and out on time.

The people that work at this company are great.
CSA/GSC
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Hays, KSFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: short and multiple shifts
I really loved working for the airport because of the people I worked with. It felt like a family working there. I would check passengers in, take their checked bags to TSA then to the baggage cart, wait for plane to call in range and communicate information with the pilots, call for security to start, direct the plane in, unload gate checked and checked – more... bags for passengers, then load outgoing bags and gate checked bags, walk incoming passengers to terminal then walk outgoing passengers to the plane. Direct plane out then close flight in the computer, put bags in baggage claim, then do missing baggage claims. I also had to know how to use a GPU, a tug, and a deicer. – less
Heavy maintenance was educational
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYFebruary 5, 2014
Experience working on structural parts: propellers, electrical systems, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, vacuum, and static systems. Perform careful inspections of aircraft for FOD and other damage. Co-workers were great. Plenty of road trips to outstations.
Great job to have if you like to travel
RAMP AGENT (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 25, 2013
Pros: free flight benifits on other airlines
Cons: short staffed
Each day I do something different, I pick up inbound Aircraft and drop off the luggage where they need to go and another day i'll park the aircraft and unload the passengers from the plane and board them up on a plane for there departure
Good workplace to attain experience.
A&P Line Lead Mechanic (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 20, 2013
This was my first job out of school. I have learned as well as matured as an aviation line mechanic in the five years I have been here. I work outside in the element everyday year round.
Great Lakes Review
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 23, 2013
I had a good time working here, the employees are generally nice and depending on your manager it could swing either way. There were lots of customer service involved and sometimes angry customers. The pay wasn't that great though and if you don't live within 20 or 30 minutes it is not worth it.
Don't waist your time
Pilot (Current Employee), DenverSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: too many to list
This is the worst company to work for. Management is terrible, the don't treat you like a human and theres no room for advancement.
Terrible Management and Unethical Business Practices
Customer service Agent/Gate Agent (Former Employee), LAXAugust 29, 2013
This is a dead end position, the manager at this airline in LAX is un ethical, very unprofessional, un helpful and an extreme micro manager. Typical day is waiting for planes to land and to board current passengers, during the wait you check in current passengers and bags. They Send you to Wyoming for 2 weeks initially and promise you the world, when – more... you return to your station the reality is your just filling in for other employees while they are on vacation. there turnover ratio must be the highest at LAX they retain no employees as the longest tenured employee i wokred with was only there for one year (excluding the manager) The badging requierment with TSA was extremely un-organized and they do not tell you what is required before your appointment on purpose in order to mark you down as being careless. i was let go for reasons for carelesness a week prior to me being issued a TSA badge. as a result i filed a complaint with their company. the EDD of california and received compensation for their unethical business practices. – less
Interesting unique job.
Customer Service Agent/ Station Manager (Former Employee), Cortez, COAugust 12, 2013
Pros: flight benifits
Cons: pay vs cost of living in moab
On a typical day at work I would check in passengers. Communicate with the air craft by radio. Marshal the plane on to the ramp. My agent and I would off load the baggage and the passengers. Then we would load the baggage and the passengers. Next, marshal the plane off the ramp. Take the on and off times from the air craft by radio. Report the times – more... to head quarters using the computer programs. I would check my email and reply as needed. Approve payroll and other management paperwork.

I learned more about managing people. I learned how far I could be stretched by adversity and persevere.

I felt like the management was over worked and that caused them to be less supportive. Over all they were very knowledgeable and ran the company well.

The hardest part of the job was the turnover of the customer service agents. The airport was 20 miles out of town and the shifts were 3 hour shifts, I believe that is why we had such a turn over at Great Lakes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the plane. I also enjoyed training my customer service agents. I always liked interacting with the passengers. – less
Great travel benefits
CSR (Current Employee), Huron, SDJuly 1, 2013
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: poor hourly wage
I mostly just check people in and have them ready for the flight out. Removing baggage and passangers from a plane. Enter flight details into computer. So far the hardest part of this job has been all the different programs required for flight data entry.
equipment was old
GSE Manager (Former Employee), minneapolisApril 1, 2013
there was terrible managment. very bad communitcation from headquarters down. like it took forever to get things done and moving.
Not an enjoyable place to work.
Customer Service Agent Lead (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaMarch 18, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: horrible management
A typical day at work can go really well or it can go really wrong.

I learned how to appreciate all the previous jobs I have had.

Management is awful. It's the worst example of managment I have ever experienced.

My co-workers are awesome! I truly enjoy working with each and every one of them.

The hardest part of my job is having to work with management – more... who doesn't work with me and my co-workers, but works against us.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the variety from day to day and my wonderful co-workers. – less
fun work place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Merced, CADecember 19, 2012
Pros: friendly among some coworkers, very easy collaberation with pilots
Cons: scheduling, gossip
over all experience was great. some of the people there made it hard to manage due to the small staff. lots of gossip among TSA and Great Lakes. Scheduling made it difficult to make any profit while working there ex. 2 hour split shifts though out the day. 4am-6am, 2pm-4pm, 830pm-10pm ect.
I worked on the ramp for the love of aviation
Fuel /Ramp agent (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 9, 2012
Briefing and handed down the day before success and failures and marshal in all inbound aircraft and prepare it for all its needs to make a safe trip to the next city it arrives

patience during bad weather and to ignore it until the flight leaves.

coworkers are always in the immediate area to watch out for any errors that might occur and help correct – more... it.

management is a part of the work crew and set a fine example of how we work as a team

The long stormy days that lasts until past midnight

The ramp atmosphere the noise of aircraft going by the smell of jet exhaust watching aircraft land and take off near by – less
Great Lakes Airlines
Reservations Supervisor (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: small planes, small company, no holidays off, poor management
A typical day at work would be working on E-tickets all day, taking sup calls, helping the agents fix tickets and answering questions, call monitoring the agents, doing daily audits on agents, costantly trainging the agents daily, all while in putting miscellaneous data in the computer through out the day. My co-workers were great, very pleasant to – more... work with. On the other hand management was not pleasant to work under, which created a hostile work enviroment when the manager was present. The hardest part of my job would be when turning down a passenger that did not meet the requirements for a bereavement fare, or to waive a penalty. As well as some of the more diffucult passengers calling to compain. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the agents, having the authority to help a passenger with what i could, turning a sup call with a angree passenger into a great call by the end, and building the relationships with the agents and with all the passengers over the phone. – less
Great Experience
Aircraft Dispatcher (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJune 8, 2012
Pros: good experience
Cons: insufficient pay
Efficient release process.
Environment provides opportunity for learning and professional development.
Co-workers are fun yet professional.
High turn-over in workforce.
Old/Inefficient computers.
HR does not have the employees interest in mind.
Cheyenne is great if you like not being close to any major city.
Alot of experience on beech 1900 an EMB 120
Line Mechanic (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 2, 2012
Pros: get to fly for free
Cons: health care and lunch breaks
its a good place to work ive injoyed my time here and i love working with my Co-workers they are the best. the job is cool cause you get to fly alot ;)

About Great Lakes Airlines

What makes Great Lakes Airlines such a Great Place to work? Great Lakes Airlines offers a competitive salary and benefits package, – Read more

Great Lakes Airlines Photos