Great Lakes Airlines Employee Reviews

many years ago
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2017
not much to wright about this was many years ago. glad that I no longer work in the airline business. at the time the pay was great along with the benefits. but that has all changed now
Sad
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80249July 6, 2017
never sure what you where going to be doing i didn't learn nothing i didn't already know. management it depends what area your talking about the branch manager was good but the one manger was not good at all very one sides and contradictive and hand horrible work
ethics, just not good for the the position this person was in. The co work where awesome loved them all. to tell the manager off customer and the co workers
Pros
customers
Cons
alot
unstable company
Parts and Purchasing Lead (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 3, 2017
The biggest stress was that the company was always on the verge of bankruptcy. We never knew if wee would have a job next week. The pay was also sub-standard.
Bad financial decisions
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJune 20, 2017
Great Lakes Airlines was a small stepping stone for me I moved to New Mexico with no work and got hired on with them 7 weeks after I moved here it was only ever meant to be a transition job between what I really wanted to do while I was there for 7 months I noticed that although they repaired things correctly they still operated with a very tight budget the mechanical compensation was pathetic at best But they a small operation so it is to be expected
Pros
Small work load and three days off every week
Cons
Low pay expensive benefits bad management
exciting, challenging
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIMay 24, 2017
I really enjoyed working this airline job, I have a passion for customer service. I also liked security screen of passengers and making sure the aircraft was secure. I did not enjoy working outside in the cold weather.
Very unsafe
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2017
The maintenance on the aircraft was not very good. The schedules were bad. Pay was horrible, benefits were ok. No way to advance. The hours were the worst.
Pros
Great crews
Cons
Could fly to work
Productive work Enviornment
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 17, 2017
Good people to work with. There are issues here just like everywhere else.

I learned that you have to go to upper management to ask questions, and it was just time to move on.
Great Lakes
Rotables Lead/Parts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 11, 2017
Excellent co-workers
Always kept on my toes
Always new things to learn
Great travel Benefits
Could use updated soft ware
Overall I have truly enjoyed my time here
Challenging
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2017
Great Lakes is a good place to get started in Aviation. you get experience in many different areas of aircraft maintenance including airframe systems, Avionics and troubleshooting.
great place to work for travelers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 20, 2017
flight benefits are great..free or discounts on flights as a customer service agent
great way to meet people
de iceing can be hard it gets cold and windy
best part is getting on a plane and traveling
Great place to build time and experience
Captain (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 27, 2017
Worked there for 3 years. Pay and schedule were abysmal but it was a great place to go build A LOT of time in multi-turban airplanes in a very short period of time. Quick upgrades if you meet the qualifications and get get through the training. Training is very difficult and has a high wash out rate. Great pilot group, I had a lot of fun working there. It was the worst company I ever worked for yet the best job I ever had.
Pros
Quick time building, great pilot group
Cons
very low pay, low quality of life
Low compensation and a lot of work pressure
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 11, 2017
The tasks that we have to do whether checking in passengers or dealing with delays, and worst of all cancelations as a result of aircraft maintenance was incomparable with our hourly pay. Also very poor managerial values in terms of motivating their personnel. As a result we had a high turn over.
Pros
Discounted Traveling Benefits with United Airlines, American, Frontier and Delta.
Cons
Low pay, broke aircrafts, little motivational incentive to address numerous complaints from our passengers
Fun workplace
Customer service / plane Loader (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 23, 2017
I lived this job learned alot things ..The customers were great... Management was wonderful great discount on airfare....The hardest part was working in different elements
Pros
Get to travel
Cons
Cold weather
Everyday is different
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 13, 2017
Is neat to work around aircrafts but is very stressful when anything goes aray and passengers blame you for anything that may not be perfect when it is completely out of your control. Also schedule changes massively effect work hours.
fun and lots learning
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 14, 2016
pulling parts, serving our mechanics, filing invoices, inventory updates.
I learned a lot about plane parts
My manager was fun and helped us all learn great things
Everyone helped each other in getting things accomplished
Working Nights was rough
we had a incentive of flying for free or through other carriers lower prices
Pros
free flights
Cons
nights were hard
Wonderful co-workers, Vendors, Pilots.
Parts Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 24, 2016
Typical day high paced, multitask, customer service, got along with everyone from managers, co-workers, drivers, Pilots, ground crew, mechanics, hardest part re-routing packages due to canceled flights. most enjoyable hard work and being busy.
Pros
flying
Cons
healthcare
Fun Evironment with coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at Great Lakes was very simple. We would begin our day with opening the station at 5:30a.m. and continue with checking if all equipment was operational for the day. After equipment checks were complete we would move on to checking in passengers for their travel day. My learning experience is a great one, not only did I get to interact with the public on a daily basis I was able to meet pilots from all across the country through our flights. My coworkers were absolutely amazing, and my boss Debbie is one of the best bosses to have worked for. The most enjoyable part of my day was to be with my coworkers who have become more of my family.
Pros
Godd work environment
Cons
Delays
Great Company to grow and move up in
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Moab, UTMay 19, 2016
I started out as and employee who worked 10 hours a week. Now I am a station manager in Alamosa, CO. I became manager within 1.5 years of working for GLA. They have only helped me further my career with them. Very good communication and great to have such good and wonderful people to talk to.
Pros
enjoyable work
Cons
pay is not as good as I think it should be.
Horrible Place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2016
Had a horrible experience working there. Never knew if we were going to have a job the next day. Company was shutting down places. Lead Mech wouldn't ever really help you. Became a toxic workplace. Very unprofessional. Has the good ol boy system in place. If you weren't in the "in" crowd they could care less about you. Benefits were a joke. The vans that they work out of were Lucky that they ever started. There was no pride in anything.
productive workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 29, 2016
a wonderful place with wonderful people. always busy something new everyday and the customers are always happy. love working with planes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Lakes Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9