Great Lakes Caring Employee Reviews

Great patients, mostly easy work
Home Health/Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJanuary 13, 2018
Tons of travel time, patients care load is always changing. Mostly take the patients or families word against the nurse(which is understandable at times, but not every time). Lots of new learning experiences. Overall support from the management team is ok. Really enjoyed having most of the same patients every week.
Pros
Chance to build great patient/Nurse relationships
Cons
Continually changing patient load throughout the week, and sometimes throughout the day
So much better with new Hospice manager.
RN (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 13, 2018
I worked as a hospice nurse. When I came there the clinical supervisor was incompetent. No support and childish. Now they have put experienced Management in place who is supportive and understanding. It is a much better working environment.
Pros
Experienced Management and support.
Poor Management. Clicky.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 12, 2018
Hostile work environment. Management is easily fooled. Teamwork is not encouraged. Salaried position with no compensation for extra hours worked. Upper management are very appreciative and encourage staff. Local management is not supportive.
Pros
Good benefits. Patients/families are very thankful for care.
Cons
Long days with little daily reward
Disorganized and stressful
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 12, 2018
I changed shifts because I was not seeing my family. Management didn't bother to inform scheduling so I was working two shifts for about a month and a half. all management said was sorry maybe we should have communicated the change. still the change was not communicated by management. I had to speak with staff individually to make sure they knew what shift I was working.
Pros
Good pay if your if you live only to work
Cons
Very little communication, resulting in repeated documentation and more work.
Feel good knowing you help
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJanuary 6, 2018
I work for the hospice side, and I love my job. My Clinton township team has always worked well together, we help each other out. We have staff meetings every month, and my boss is very easy to work with. I love bringing companionship to my patients and their families. I am able to leave work knowing I've made someone feel better. We get tons of benefits, and discounts, and my boss gives out bonuses every now and then to say thank you. We get reimbursed for milage and drive time. My only complaint is, I wish I get paid more. Some of the other girls get paid more than me and have been there less. It's unfair.
N/a
Hospice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 27, 2017
it is a great place to work as far as duties and benifits but the management needs work they are very scattered and play favorites kind of high school like with clicks and buddy systems.
Top Notch Home Care and Hospice Provider
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INDecember 20, 2017
Great employees. Company has great vision and is very forward thinking. Staff care about their patients. Management cares about their staff and patients as well.
Pros
Forward thinking company
Cons
A lot of work hours
nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 30, 2017
Great Lakes Caring is a good company to work for. I only left because there was no organization as far as patient assignments. I was only there as part time.
Only if you have never ending money
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 21, 2017
They will drive you all over the state area even when another worker is in the area, don't remind them of someone closer and you will cover the PT that is closer to you or they will schedule you everyday with that same price and 1.5 hour drives one way for comfort visits and won't think twice about. Refuse to answer emails when you have concerns

Love love love other staff, clients and the work....hate the poor way through staff is tteated like trash
Pros
Awesome pts, coworkers and work
Cons
Supervisors that are cut throat and have favs. Don't care about your safety or time
Great Lakes Caring
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MINovember 10, 2017
Management was awesome and caring. I did not want to leave. but had to for personal reasons. I would recommend people work here. Everyone in the company was pleasant.
Pros
Make your schedule
Cons
A lot of driving
Bad Management and no Communication
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 4, 2017
There is no communication between the manager and the employees. Always an inconsistent schedule, people not knowing when they work or when someone is going to relieve them. This is a complete disaster to work for
Going down hill
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MINovember 3, 2017
They stopped caring about their employees when the owner stepped down. They don't care for their patients. Patients who have been with the company for years they kick off services if they go to the hospital because it affects their "numbers" and management does not care how much they load on people. They are truly a "business only" company. Employees are a number.
Good
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 28, 2017
This is a good job. I recommend other people to this job. If you love helping the elderly this is job for you. It takes a special type of person to want to do this type of work.
worst job ever
Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Burton, MIOctober 10, 2017
this company is very unprofessional you get treated unfairly they don't offer the attendants benefits no pto time they don't have a clock in machine so the girls lie about what time their coming into work we never have staff meetings I've been here at the lob for almost a year and we've only had one staff meeting a coworker threated my life cursed at me in the facility in front of the clients and they continue to let her work here!! this job is the worst company I ever worked for
Good company
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lorain County, OHSeptember 30, 2017
This was a solid company to work for. It was based in Mentor however and too far for weekly meetings. They are supportive and communicate well and really do care for the patients well.
Run, run fast....work elsewhere
Field Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 19, 2017
The office I worked was awful. Management was two-faced all the way around.

They will be nice to your face while stabbing you in your back. Turn over at the location where I worked was bad.

Field and office staff treated poorly. Especially field....many complaints. Drink the Kool Aid, but with caution if you do.

I would never advise anyone to work for this company and sure as heck would never hire them to take care of me, a friend or family member.

Don't get me wrong, the nurses and therapist are very good at there jobs, I would not want to get this company to receivee a penny from me.

Horrible pay.
Pros
Cons
All, worse experience of my professional career of 30 years
Too relaxed and didn't follow through anything
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 4, 2017
I worked there for a few months and it was sad how things were run. Some of the residents were barely cared for because "it wasn't in their care plan." Residents that were unable to speak for themselves. The management picked favorites and liked to shut the door and talk about people behind their backs, very unprofessional.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Managment, Care and cleanliness
Quiet easy place to work
Homemaker (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 18, 2017
Greatlakes caring is a pretty good job, its ok for pay, (could be better) quiet homes to work in. Work by yourself and client. Can be busy or slow depending on client.
Made fortunes best places to work 3 yrs in a row
Director of Integration (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 11, 2017
If I had not moved to FL, I would still be working there. Incredible people and culture. Management cares all the way down to lowest on the totem pole.
Pros
Management cares all the way down
Cons
Many amazing people to work with,the job at the bedside is so rewarding.
Hospice case manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MI 49202July 28, 2017
Hospice to me is a calling not necessarily a job, except there are many aspects that are a job and these are the things I find I get most frustrated with. I find the most difficult obstacle is the home/life balance, there is a lot of time spent over and above the salary you get.
Pros
autonomy, time spent with patients and their families
Cons
home/work balance, salary does not match up with the endless hours worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Lakes Caring. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9