Great Lakes Cheese

Great Lakes Cheese Employee Reviews

n/a
sanitation (Former Employee), hiremApril 13, 2015
Pros: prifit sharing
Cons: managment sucks
they don't care about family needs managenment takes cares of friends 1 st they want production not quality they also hate suggestions
easy work and great benefits
Line Attendant (Former Employee), Plymouth, WIFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the shift
I loved working here had a great night. The shift did not work out for me. I had great co-workers who were always willing to help.
Great place to work you can make a decent living there and make a lot of friends.
Payroll Assistant (Current Employee), Hiram, OHDecember 22, 2014
Great Lakes Cheese is a great company to work for. I have been with them since September 2008. I learned a lot from my co-workers and made a lot of friends there.
Great Lakes Cheese in review
cheese press operator (Former Employee), LaCrosse, WINovember 17, 2014
Pros: work at own pace
Cons: no area for advancement in this department
I worked on the cheese press, it was very basic work which included pressing out cheese from packages into barrels, weighing it, and marking it to be put in the cooler. I loved the people I worked with they were great. The hardest part of my job was placing the barrels on a pallet. I loved working by myself at my own pace.
at times it seems like there were to many chiefs and not enough indians
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hiram, OHNovember 10, 2014
Pros: good friends to work with
Cons: short breaks, no lunch, lack of management direction, a lot of bitter people wanting to get other employees fired
the overall job was fine the pay was competitive with anyone benefits were good but in my department once the manager of the shipping/receiving department passed away it became a free for all there was tension between shifts day turn was catered to more but more of the burden to fill orders on the other shifts it seems like the direction is going circular instead of upward they are constantly working 6 to 7 days a week and when they added a weekend crew to reduce the overtime but it is mismanaged and they are still working 6-7 days a week and now they have added a second weekend crew and nothing has changed they bring people in when they do not have enough equipment to go around or have lifts parked because they did not schedule enough people to work.
Good Pay/benifits
Labor/Operator/Milk Recieving (Former Employee), Adams, NYNovember 7, 2014
Good Pay Benifits
Hardest getting along with management lazy co-workers
Kept busy
Tested Milk that made Amazing cheese
N/A
Bulk Cheese Handler (Former Employee), Hiram, OHOctober 28, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
This was a great start for my career opportunities. I met a lot of gret people and the company truly cared about its employees.
Tedious and monotonous.
Whey Operator (Current Employee), Adams, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: 12 hour shifts with 30 min lunch, no chairs=no sitting.
A typical day is repetitive and mundane with sub-par management. Favoritism runs rampant. No structure and little to no responsibility of actions between management level and employees.
Nice place to work for
Product observer (Former Employee), Plymouth, WISeptember 18, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
Good working conditions, supervisors were intelligent and good to the workers. Overall a very nice company to work for.
packaged cheese
Shred head assembler / calibrator (Former Employee), Fillmore, UTSeptember 7, 2014
not a bad place to work if you like a temperature controlled workplace.
Very Productive Workplace
Separator and DMC Operator (Current Employee), Cuba, NYJuly 7, 2014
Time flys while working as your constantly moving. I like the idea that there is plenty of room for advancement providing job security.
Productive and great work load
Factory Worker (Current Employee), Seymour, WIMarch 13, 2014
Pros: beneifits, pay, positions, communication with co-workers
Cons: environment, rank, work time
Overall the working environment was good all in all, but good use a little less effort. I learned documentation and easy communication skills, I even was able to reach places where others couldn't go. My co-workers were all in all good people, but a few new employes didn't sit well with me. Trying to be efficient and maintain good quality while others are looking down on you was the hardest part. the most enjoyable was the fact I did in fact get along with everyone.
Growing Company with excellent profit sharing plan
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hiram, OHJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: company appreciation lunches and some free products
Cons: breaks were too short
Fast paced environment with some good department managers. Often working in confined space with other lift operators and delays. Overtime was available regularly however, weekends were mandatory during holidays so there was little time for family.
got the job done we worked together
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee), Hiram, OHJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: whenever we would set a production record they would have a dinner, good people to work with
Cons: i lived an hour away from the factory
i worked with a group of 3 people and we expected the best from each other,we could challenge each other to get the job done
Very productive
Line Attendant (Former Employee), Hiram, OHDecember 29, 2013
Pros: picnics
Cons: short breaks
My typical day was to work as a team with everyone on my line so that the line ran smooth and that helped to get more product out. By doing that it also gave everyone a more relaxing day. The hardest part of the job to me was the interview. I loved working there because everyone was very nice, there's always something to do and it was very fast paced!
Line Worker (Former Employee), Plymouth, WINovember 7, 2013
slow at times but yet fast paced. get messy but still a clean work place. great place to start of working in a factory.
Fun work place and good benefits
Production Line & Brine Worker (Current Employee), Cuba, NYOctober 20, 2013
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: no cons
Some days busy and some not so busy.
A lot about how cheese is made, packaged and shipped out.
Good management.
I have really good coworkers.
No really hard part of the job I do.
Not really any enjoyable part of the job all is good.
Good reliable job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Plymouth, WIOctober 13, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad employee management
they teach you very well on how to accomplish your position.
You can move up very fast in the job depending on what you are applying for. The only downfall is they hire more foreign people than local. I worked as a temp for 8 months and wasn't accepted a full time position they hired 4 foreigners for a tax cut in obamacare.
Amazing place to learn and develope
Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Current Employee), Hiram, OHAugust 15, 2013
Pros: friendly enviornment, constant learning
I loved my experience with Great Lakes Cheese. Phenomenal management with an opportunity to learn and grow everyday. Not a ton of room to advance into management but if you want a friendly none hierarchical place to work, you can't find much better. Even as an intern, I felt like I was part of the Great Lakes family from day one.
Great work environment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Seymour, WIMarch 27, 2013
It was a very productive and friendly work environment. With good hours and great benefits.
Headquarters