Great Lakes Cheese

Great Lakes Cheese Employer Reviews

Very Productive Workplace
Separator and DMC Operator (Current Employee), Cuba, NYJuly 7, 2014
Time flys while working as your constantly moving. I like the idea that there is plenty of room for advancement providing job security.
Productive and great work load
Factory Worker (Current Employee), Seymour, WIMarch 13, 2014
Pros: beneifits, pay, positions, communication with co-workers
Cons: environment, rank, work time
Overall the working environment was good all in all, but good use a little less effort. I learned documentation and easy communication skills, I even was able to reach places where others couldn't go. My co-workers were all in all good people, but a few new employes didn't sit well with me. Trying to be efficient and maintain good quality while others – more... are looking down on you was the hardest part. the most enjoyable was the fact I did in fact get along with everyone. – less
Growing Company with excellent profit sharing plan
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hiram, OHJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: company appreciation lunches and some free products
Cons: breaks were too short
Fast paced environment with some good department managers. Often working in confined space with other lift operators and delays. Overtime was available regularly however, weekends were mandatory during holidays so there was little time for family.
got the job done we worked together
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee), Hiram, OHJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: whenever we would set a production record they would have a dinner, good people to work with
Cons: i lived an hour away from the factory
i worked with a group of 3 people and we expected the best from each other,we could challenge each other to get the job done
Very productive
Line Attendant (Former Employee), Hiram, OHDecember 29, 2013
Pros: picnics
Cons: short breaks
My typical day was to work as a team with everyone on my line so that the line ran smooth and that helped to get more product out. By doing that it also gave everyone a more relaxing day. The hardest part of the job to me was the interview. I loved working there because everyone was very nice, there's always something to do and it was very fast paced!
Line Worker (Former Employee), Plymouth, WINovember 7, 2013
slow at times but yet fast paced. get messy but still a clean work place. great place to start of working in a factory.
Fun work place and good benefits
Production Line & Brine Worker (Current Employee), Cuba, NYOctober 20, 2013
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: no cons
Some days busy and some not so busy.
A lot about how cheese is made, packaged and shipped out.
Good management.
I have really good coworkers.
No really hard part of the job I do.
Not really any enjoyable part of the job all is good.
Good reliable job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Plymouth, WIOctober 13, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad employee management
they teach you very well on how to accomplish your position.
You can move up very fast in the job depending on what you are applying for. The only downfall is they hire more foreign people than local. I worked as a temp for 8 months and wasn't accepted a full time position they hired 4 foreigners for a tax cut in obamacare.
Amazing place to learn and develope
Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Current Employee), Hiram, OHAugust 15, 2013
Pros: friendly enviornment, constant learning
I loved my experience with Great Lakes Cheese. Phenomenal management with an opportunity to learn and grow everyday. Not a ton of room to advance into management but if you want a friendly none hierarchical place to work, you can't find much better. Even as an intern, I felt like I was part of the Great Lakes family from day one.
Great work environment
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Seymour, WIMarch 27, 2013
It was a very productive and friendly work environment. With good hours and great benefits.
I enjoyed serving at company cookouts
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Hiram, OHMarch 26, 2013
Pros: we got yearly cookouts and winter parties
Cons: sometimes there was so much to do breaks got cut short
Very fast paced work environment. No time to get bored. Compensation/ Benefits - Best I ever had. Insurance coverage. 401K plus an ESOPS program Very high up on Quality Values Job Security was good Advancement was trust oriented. Management had a good team overall. Work/ Life Balance-worked out for me. I'd probably still be there if my family lived – more... closer. – less
It was just a job, not alot of advancment
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Fillmore, UTAugust 23, 2012
Pros: recieved a pay check
Cons: harsh management.
It was usually busy and fast paced!
I learned working as a team helps get things done more efficiently.
Management were always grumpy! looking for what you did wrong but never praising what you did right. They never took any suggestions from the workers on the floor.
My co-workers were good friends and we were able to work together well.
hardest part – more... of the job was the shear volume of work , alot of physical stacking of cheese to fill orders.
I guess the best part of the job was seeing all that was accomplished at the end of the day. – less

About Great Lakes Cheese

Who is Great Lakes Cheese? Great Lakes Cheese is celebrating over 50 years of Excellence in Cheese Making! Since 1958, Great – Read more