Great Lakes Coca-Cola Employee Reviews

Company blinded by numbers.......
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, MIFebruary 14, 2018
Management is not smart or interactive enough to see what is actually happening. Poor policy choices, favoritism and bias are rampant, employees last, discipline though is a quick acting priority. Lean too heavily on honest hard working employees instead of pushing the slackers.

Continued shift changes, rule changes, procedural changes that make life more difficult for the employees both at work and at home. Little regard for you as an employee or a person.

even the union is faltering here so I don't see much of a future with this company......

too bad......used to be a really good job
Pros
whats left of our contract in terms of compensation but thats dwindling
Cons
everything.......inept management, poor decision making, poor treatment of employees. Fake safety and health standards. Budget, budget, budget.........cut everything and fake the rest
Not worth it
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILFebruary 11, 2018
No respect to merchandisers at retail stores and management never understands what type of work you will have to deal with. Account managers throw you under the bus with a massive load. Merchandisers take all the heat. Supervisors do not care what any of them do.
Monthly meetings are pointless to.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Apathetic to Employees Needs
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 4, 2018
This company has unrealistic demands and expectations of what can be done in a work week. Very little positive reinforcement is ever given. We are paid the least among all of our major competition.
Lack of communication in this company. No respect.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 31, 2018
The harder you work the more this company will take advantage of you. They lie to your face. Sales reps over order and stores get mad at merchandisers.
Job went down hill after company got bought out by Reyes Holding
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 29, 2018
Don't work here theres alot of jobs that pay more less stress and physical home everynight full benefits etc. Management has the intelligence of my 2 yr old. Drivers are not appreciated at all we are just a number period, there attitude is we all can be replaced . Keep looking theres alot better jobs were a driver can succeed.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Management, equipment, human recources
Great place to work and to grow
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 24, 2018
Great Lakes Bottling is a great place to work. Good people and some great mangers. There is a bit of finger pointing where one department blames another but for the most part everyone works as a team and pulls together.
Pros
Great pay and benifits and free pop
Cons
Can work long hours to prepare for Holiday's and sales
Don't Work Here
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 24, 2018
Place is not worth the effort. Management is terrible, and will deal out punishments for not meeting sales numbers or not being 10000% perfect in every store.
Very physical work and under payed!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Central WisconsinJanuary 21, 2018
I am a driver in central Wisconsin we are under payed and over worked. CDL drivers don't wast your time appling here there are meny other jobs out their that pay more and have less physical work. It seems like thay only care about getting their products delivered not the person driving the truck and how thay pay us defiantly shows it.
Terrible place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILJanuary 21, 2018
Inmates run the place managers were liars and plant manager was very poor leader all talk didn’t support his staff . No communication hourly staff just wanted food didn’t want to work. Union leadership was a joke very hurtful to good employees but looked out for the trouble makers
Pros
Cons
No loyalty
Overworked and Under appreciated
Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 17, 2018
Great employee turn over rate due to long hours and lack of staffing
Assigned tasks are not ethical and feel impossible. Average of 12 hours per day, usually 6 days a week. Overtime is not paid as it was explained. Lack of understanding from management. Very physical job.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Very fast paced and forever changing place of employment.
Account Manager Combo (Current Employee) –  Negaunee, MIJanuary 5, 2018
I love my job and what I do. I would only leave for a better job opportunity and advancement for myself.

I start my day between 7-7:30 and usually get home around 6-7.

The hardest part is lifting heavy products all days.

Management is great.

I enjoy all aspect of my job.

I learned how to have extremely thick skin and patients.
Pros
To many to list.
Cons
Long days and hard to take any time off.
I would rather contract a life endng disease than work here again.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Weston, WIDecember 30, 2017
I worked here for over 20 years as a delivery driver. If you are dishonest and irresponsible?, this is the place for you. You'll be a member of management in no time. If you have integrity and honor?, run the other way.
Pros
Cons
Coca Cola, Glcc, Reyes Holdings
Only interested in cutting costs. Forcing all the good people out
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2017
Terrible culture, toxic work environment. Pretty much sums it up. No work life balance . If you aren't in the club good luck.........................
Lame job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 13, 2017
Long days ,long weeks,simple job but company makes it stressful.and difficult,lack of comment sense. Guy in charge of warehouse is worthless, also lets pedophiles manage. Job makes you miserable.
Very physical
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, MIOctober 31, 2017
Could pay more money. Merchandisers do alot and go through a lot. Wear and tear on your vehicles. Merchandisers should het a higher pay rate than Warehouse workers and Production workers. The company is overall a good company for growth, but it has it's issues at times.
Good Pay/Benefits
Order Builder/Loader (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 25, 2017
Overall it was a good work environment. Management was the only downside about the job. The employees are a good group of people that help each other out.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Only care about $$$$ not employees
Driver (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 19, 2017
We were taken over by great lakes last year and nothing good has come from it. Since the take over lots of good employees have quit. There is great employee turn over now. I would not recommend anyone to work here. I've been with coca cola for almost 10 years. It was a great place to work till the take over.
Pros
Insurance is ok
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Worse job I ever had
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 2, 2017
I interviewed for the Friday-Saturday position off. During orientation I was told that another employee decided he wanted those days off and I got thrown onto Tuesda-Wednesday’s off. After 7 months I asked if I could get just get Sunday off, and a random day during the week off because I planned on going back to school. They said it was unavailable to do so because nobody wanted to work on Saturday or Sunday. I even went to my bosses boss. Who I was absolutely appalled by. After I told him I felt I was being treated unfairly, his response was “I doubt that.” I gave them a 4 day notice of my departure and they asked me if I could work 1 more day. They felt I was doing them wrong and that they chose me out of a high amount of people. I regret working that last day for them. I will NOT recommend anybody working here
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Manangment, 8-12 hour days, wear and tear on own car, empty promises
Fun job, stressful work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Northern MichiganSeptember 27, 2017
Not a job for an older individual...Lots of hours....Redundant work...It is fun, but grueling...Not involved in decision making...Lack of recognition...
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
Stressful work...
Should have been paid hourly
Driver (Current Employee) –  Portage, INSeptember 17, 2017
A typical work day is driving to toughy avenue to deliver pallets to the niles plant and then going back to alsip to begin pulling loads to portage. I love the job, the responsibilities assigned to me and my time in the truck.
Pros
Company phone, Insurance, 401K, Vacation time
Cons
Paid by the "trip" not hourly