Great Plains Oilfield Rental Employee Reviews

great pay with long hours
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Pearsall, TXOctober 26, 2017
working at Great Plains was at first fun and exciting with learning new things getting adapted to a new environment and of course meeting new co workers. but working 12-20 hours a day with only 2 or 3 days off per 3 weeks did get tiring. not only the hours but after a while the other employees who worked there started to fuss and make the new guys do everything. the management was great pay was great but there needs to be chemistry within the work environment not picking favorites.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
no breaks, eat lunch when you can, don't expect to be cool with everybody
Terrible experience
Water Transfer Technician (Current Employee) –  El Reno, OKOctober 26, 2017
Terrible place to work many of the people in management have no idea what they are doing and fully expect you to do their job for them. Alot of favoritism in certain departments. No work life balance.
Pros
All the hours you want
Cons
Management, schedule
Not much work for the money
Water Transfer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, OHSeptember 17, 2017
Laid back lots of hours when there is work mostly out of town Stay in hotel per diem is no set schedule so you don't really know when you work they
Work is not that hard but there are long hours
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, OHAugust 30, 2017
Great Plains is a good company as a whole but the work hours are long and you have a scattered schedule due to contractors workload. I would recommend this company if you want a solid workplace with lots of overtime that in turn provides you with a healthy paycheck.
Pros
Employees are treated good and they are very safety pro active.
Cons
Long works hours and work schedule.
Place to work for
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2017
Very wonderful place to work for good attitude good management great hours their benefits and great money Great Plains.................................
good place
Field Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHMay 3, 2017
It was good and had nice people. I would suggest working there. They included a company vehicle and good benefits, at the time. Getting out into the field was also a plus.
Great Plains Oilfield Rental
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 7, 2017
When I started working at GPOR they were owned by Chesapeake and benefits and salaries were in line with industry. Since this time they have taken all benefits except medical which has gone up in price from employees.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Broken promises loss of benefits
Awesome job when they have work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJune 3, 2016
Nice easy job if you like to work and can pay attention. They bid on jobs to keep everyomne working every day so if you like days off its not for you when oil prices are high. easy overall and awesome money.
Pros
money
Cons
no work now
Fast paced, demanding, but rewarding workplace
Maintenance Coordinator/Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, OHApril 23, 2016
Management is a top notch group of go-getters.

Benefits were fantastic.

Hours not too bad if you're in management, however the field hands worked a ton of OT.
Pros
Excellent hours, benefits, and salary
Cons
Job uncertainty due to volitale global oil market
I had a great team that I supervised.
Operations Technician / Matting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAApril 4, 2016
Started the day with safety talks with my crew. Logged on to my computer and checked the drill depths of all the rigs. Made out a daily report on excel. Determined when we would be needed to pick up matting and when to lay matting on a new drill. Arranged trucking to pick up and deliver mat jobs. responsible for equipment maintenance. Ordering needed parts and supplies.
Hardest part of the job is we were on call 7 days a week and 24 hrs a day including all holidays. It was not unusual to work a 14 hr day and then 2 hrs later called back to work another 14.
Most enjoyable was working with the great crew I had.
terminated unjustified.
Air Hand (Former Employee) –  Towanda, PAMarch 25, 2016
Company looking to make cut backs and was terminated. Even unemployment thought they were wrong. Termintated for insubordination off company property, off company time.
Pros
good wages, plenty of hours, good bonuses
Good company, with good co workers.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAAugust 11, 2015
I did water transfer on frac locations, Supervised a crew of men to complete a job. Took inventory daily, along with communicating with management and Co. Men.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Work got slow.
no schedule
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAMarch 13, 2015
you work 6 to 6 12 hour shift sometimes more could be days could be nights. you never know when you're days off are until the night before you have it off, that's if you get a day off.
Pros
401k
Cons
no schedule
Good work group with lots of great employees
Operation Tech/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mount Morris, PAFebruary 6, 2015
I really enjoyed my experience there. Things got bad when we were sold by Chesapeake Energy. It was shortly after the sale that I was laid off.
Pros
They let you do your job.
Cons
up and down industry
Overall good place to start in the oilfield
Field/Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton OhioFebruary 4, 2015
It is a good starting place in the oilfield. The work is overall fairly easy and at times can challenge you both mentally and physically.
job security depends too much on the price of oil
Lead Sr. Field Representative/ Quality & Inventory (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAJanuary 19, 2015
overall the company was a great co. to work for and I gained a lot of experience and wouldn't be where I'm today with out them.
Pros
lots of managment training.
Cons
unstable job due to current price of oil.
awesome
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TXJuly 15, 2014
Great place to work and great people around you. It is a booming market with a lot of opportunities.
Rigging up out in the oil fields
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 24, 2013
This company is a temp agency through Chesapeake Energy. I do a great deal of hard labor and work long hours in the fields, but I enjoy my crew members and the pay is great. It's a very safe working environment.
long days, no communication, horrible management, good pay
field tech (Current Employee) –  canton officeFebruary 17, 2013
I like the job, its easy work for the most part. You will encounter poor management, long hours and too much safety that doesn't really do they're job. The pay is good, but when you have to drive 1 1/2 hours one way, every day and then be declined a hotel room, it takes a toll on you. Management hates each other and doesn't communicate enough. Stay away from the Ohio offices, unless you want no room to advance, and if you do become a supervisor dont expect any different pay.
Pros
pay, easy work (most of the time)
Cons
management, lies, no values, no care for hourly employees
long and hard work days with very rewarding pay.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVJanuary 8, 2013
Great pay and benefits. Long hours and overnight stays. Knew very little about the kind of work, but was trained very well and learned a whole lot. Became crew leader after a year and was considered supervisor. Became crew operator for equipment.