Great Plains Oilfield Rental Employee Reviews in United States

I had a great team that I supervised.
Operations Technician / Matting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAApril 4, 2016
Started the day with safety talks with my crew. Logged on to my computer and checked the drill depths of all the rigs. Made out a daily report on excel. Determined when we would be needed to pick up matting and when to lay matting on a new drill. Arranged trucking to pick up and deliver mat jobs. responsible for equipment maintenance. Ordering needed parts and supplies.
Hardest part of the job is we were on call 7 days a week and 24 hrs a day including all holidays. It was not unusual to work a 14 hr day and then 2 hrs later called back to work another 14.
Most enjoyable was working with the great crew I had.
terminated unjustified.
Air Hand (Former Employee) –  Towanda, PAMarch 25, 2016
Company looking to make cut backs and was terminated. Even unemployment thought they were wrong. Termintated for insubordination off company property, off company time.
Pros
good wages, plenty of hours, good bonuses
Good company, with good co workers.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAAugust 11, 2015
I did water transfer on frac locations, Supervised a crew of men to complete a job. Took inventory daily, along with communicating with management and Co. Men.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Work got slow.
no schedule
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAMarch 13, 2015
you work 6 to 6 12 hour shift sometimes more could be days could be nights. you never know when you're days off are until the night before you have it off, that's if you get a day off.
Pros
401k
Cons
no schedule
Good work group with lots of great employees
Operation Tech/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mount Morris, PAFebruary 6, 2015
I really enjoyed my experience there. Things got bad when we were sold by Chesapeake Energy. It was shortly after the sale that I was laid off.
Pros
they let you do your job.
Cons
up and down industry
Overall good place to start in the oilfield
Field/Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton OhioFebruary 4, 2015
It is a good starting place in the oilfield. The work is overall fairly easy and at times can challenge you both mentally and physically.
job security depends too much on the price of oil
Lead Sr. Field Representative/ Quality & Inventory (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAJanuary 19, 2015
overall the company was a great co. to work for and I gained a lot of experience and wouldn't be where I'm today with out them.
Pros
lots of managment training.
Cons
unstable job due to current price of oil.
awesome
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TXJuly 15, 2014
Great place to work and great people around you. It is a booming market with a lot of opportunities.
Rigging up out in the oil fields
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 24, 2013
This company is a temp agency through Chesapeake Energy. I do a great deal of hard labor and work long hours in the fields, but I enjoy my crew members and the pay is great. It's a very safe working environment.
long days, no communication, horrible management, good pay
field tech (Current Employee) –  canton officeFebruary 17, 2013
I like the job, its easy work for the most part. You will encounter poor management, long hours and too much safety that doesn't really do they're job. The pay is good, but when you have to drive 1 1/2 hours one way, every day and then be declined a hotel room, it takes a toll on you. Management hates each other and doesn't communicate enough. Stay away from the Ohio offices, unless you want no room to advance, and if you do become a supervisor dont expect any different pay.
Pros
pay, easy work (most of the time)
Cons
management, lies, no values, no care for hourly employees
long and hard work days with very rewarding pay.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVJanuary 8, 2013
Great pay and benefits. Long hours and overnight stays. Knew very little about the kind of work, but was trained very well and learned a whole lot. Became crew leader after a year and was considered supervisor. Became crew operator for equipment.
oilfield production
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAJanuary 3, 2013
transfer water to frack sites for production of natural gas.
operation of pumps.
Pros
great bentifits
Cons
long days
Informative job experience
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVSeptember 28, 2012
Even though this position was very busy most days, the feel of accomplishment it gave me was fantastic. I learned a lot about another side of the oil and gas industry that I knew little about. I am a hands on learner, mostly, and enjoyed making decisions and changes to daily operations with management and other co-workers. The hardest part of this job was dealing with lack of communication from others, but once that was addressed, things were improved. Working here was most enjoyable when everything clicked. My co-workers and I all got along greatly and worked very well together in our individual duties.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sometimes a stressful workload
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVSeptember 17, 2012
GPOR has a great team of Managers. This is a company with a lot to offer. Training, benefits, and compensation are fantastic. I really liked my co-workers and the team as a whole were productive, fun and upbeat!
Water Transfer
Field technician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PAApril 10, 2012
Absolutely loved the company, the down fall was I was not hired directly, I was hired through a temp agency, which the job didnt last long, and it was very dissapointing. If I had the chance to go back, I would in a heart beat. Great company to work for.