Great Plains Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

not a fun place t work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKDecember 30, 2016
this place was one of the worst place i have worked i do recommend it t o anyone there where not understanding at all and they where not helpful and th pay sucked
Pros
one hr lunch
Cons
it was a bad place to work
Productive fun job with a family environment.
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk City OkOctober 21, 2012
Almost everyday was busy at work. There was a good amount of team work. I learned about different diet's and what food each could not have. Management is pretty good they are good about answering any questions you might have. I loved most of my co-workers. They were good people to work with hard workers. Hardest part of the job was preparing for the next day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in a good working environment.
Pros
free lunches, health benifets, raises
Tough Job, Unrealistic Expectations
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKNovember 3, 2015
I very much enjoyed working at GPRMC, however, the management was tough to work with. They were unrealistic with their expectations, and uncaring when employees or their family became ill. Working for a physician's office, I became ill and was advised to stay home, however, I was then let go the following week because I had missed time during my probationary period. The probationary period is the first 6 months of employment, and they require that you miss ZERO time during that time for ANY reason. Even if you are ill and hospitalized, your performance is reviewed and you are considered in violation. I have never worked for another company that is that rigid in its expectations. I could see being upset at an employee or being unwilling to work with them if they were just taking days off for no reason, or if there weren't documented reasons for their missing days, but when a person has physician-documented reasons for why they've missed a day, I don't believe that should be held against them. I loved working with my patients though, and wouldn't trade having had the opportunity to become friends with my co-workers in the time I was there. Just watch your back and don't get sick if you do plan to work for them.
Pros
Getting to deal with patients, fun coworkers.
Cons
Unrealistic and uncaring managers
Struggling Organization
Clinical Care Leader - Charge Nurse 3West (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEJune 14, 2014
I currently work the night shift on a med/surg unit. The night team is amazing and I love the people I work with. The problem is that there are few experienced nurses on our unit besides myself. Everyone has less than 5 years of experience and people are thrown into positions they aren't comfortable with. The computer system is difficult and because it is a smaller hospital there is a lot of "frequent flyer" syndrome. Management is not receptive and the night shift particularly get taxed beyond what is good for you. Because of the amazing teamwork we get through it but people don't stay here because they burn out very quickly. The patient care is excellent.
Pros
Great co-workers, educational opportunities, decent benefit package
Cons
completely new staff, understaffing, difficult management
Great enviroment
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKDecember 21, 2015
The coffee was excellent. the regular customers were always so friendly. The gift items were unique. the store was located in a historic building. The owners were friendly and understanding
Wonderful management.
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Elk City, OKSeptember 30, 2015
Learned about Western Oklahoma life which is quite different than what I was used to. Overall a positive experience. Great Plains Regional is a wonderful hospital which has a great reputation.
Pros
Good manager.
Cons
Hard to get to know people....somewhat closed to outsiders.
My day working in the ER
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NESeptember 23, 2012
We do reports and count the cash drawer each morning. As patients come in we get their personal and insurance information which we verify daily. Each of us has a job to do and we do it very well and we work well together. Hardest part is when the family of a patient that is dying comes in. There just any words to give them. The most enjoyable part is putting on an armband on a child and they don't fight you to put it on it. We have put stickers on them so that they are more approachable.
Pros
working the hours that you requested and getting the time off when needed.
Cons
not getting a lunch or break. we are not scheduled and sometimes we do not have the time.
good work place.
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKJanuary 18, 2013
I was only here at this job for a short time, I was put in hospital for over a week. when I got out I just did not have the strength to push the carts. My supervisor and I agreed that I would not come back, but that when I was better to call her. typical work day was pushing very heavy carts to the departments to keep the Er, Surgery and other areas stocked with linens. what I learned was how important each job was at the hospital for it to all come together, no job was considered beneath another one. co workers was good, the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that what I done made a differnce.
Pros
good work place
Cons
really didnt think of any
Productive and have learned many aspects of medical records to further my career
medical records clerk (Current Employee) –  Elk City, OKSeptember 4, 2013
Enjoyed doing the birth certificates. I was very busy during the day which made the day go so fast that you never had time to sit around and do nothing which would have driven me crazy as I enjoy working and like to stay busy.
Ok
Mammography Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEAugust 13, 2013
Good place to work for, family like atmosphere. Call is very hectic at times, they abuse the call system. Management is good. Co-workers were super.
Great little rural hospital
Medical Technologist III (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKNovember 19, 2013
patient specimen collection and testing all day.
rotation between departments.
great co-workers
hardest part of the job was seeing patients health deteriorate over the course of 16 years. In a small hospital you know most of the patients by name.
becoming a close family to your co-workers
great place to work
Transporter/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKApril 6, 2015
Fun work environment, great people to work with. Mainly transported patient to and from the Radiology Dept.. did some filing and answered phones
Fun and Friendly Environment
RADIOLOGY TECH STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKJune 22, 2013
This Hospital is well staffed and equipped to assist with various tasks. The Radiology department is a top asset to the hospital, as well as outside physicians. Held to a professional manner.
Pros
Location, Size and Great Environment
Cons
N/A
?
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKDecember 10, 2012
supervisor director was very upset to to her mother bring ill and passing, and i didn't feel she was very understanding of new employee,
Pros
knew of people there
Cons
they didn't work with me or meet me half way. very confusing lab.
very enjoyable place to work
Maintenance / Lawn Care Foreman (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKJune 26, 2012
an awsome place to work, good bosses and work conditions. good equipment and friendly people
Pros
good cafetria
Cons
extreme heat
Excellent small regional hospital
Director of Cardiopulmonary Services (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEOctober 7, 2013
Excellent co-workers
Superior Medical Staff
Very pleasant location for work and recreation
Awesome Small town
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEFebruary 6, 2014
You feel part of something. Very wonderful place to work and a wonderful community to live in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Plains Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Great Plains Regional Medical Center Reviews by Job Title