Great River Energy Employee Reviews

Fun safety conscious work place
COAL YARD WORKER (Former Employee) –  Underwood, NDMay 8, 2017
Responsible for keeping the front entrance well-kept and mowed. Cleaned coal conveyer belts. Washed down heavy equipment. Cleaned and shoveled out drains. Tested deluge systems. Cleaned coal spills inside the plant. Minor repairs and maintenance on small equipment.
Great job
Receptionist originally at Elk River, MN location (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 20, 2017
Despite a cut-throat group of women I worked with, enjoyed this position. It was close to home and had good benefits. Unfortunately, there was a group of women who treated me very unkindly.
A good company to work for.
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 30, 2017
I overall enjoyed my employment at Great River Energy.
Benefits were very good, Healthcare, educational and compensation were all very good. The location of its headquarters building is also very conveniently located for me.
Great place to work!
Service Desk Analyst/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 9, 2016
I couldn't have asked for a better place to gain experience in my field. My teammates were very helpful when I needed them and everyone was very pleasant. I honestly wish I could have been hired on for full-time because it is such a great working environment.
Pros
Great people
Cons
None!
Great people and work culture
Executive Assistant, Executive Division (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 4, 2015
The people of Great River Energy make this a GRE-at place to work. It is a culture of caring, cohesive, and intelligent co-workers.
Good work experience
Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  Trimont, MNApril 23, 2015
Very good work experience for an intern. Small plant, thus were not hiring after completion of internship. Good company to work for.
Great placeto learn different survey skills
Survey Technician II (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNMarch 19, 2015
Great equipment nice work Benefit the only problem is there was to much travel for a married family.People are very close.
Challenging but enjoyable firm to work for.
Environmental Administrator (Former Employee) –  Elk River and Maple Grove, MNSeptember 22, 2014
-.With compliance across a broad number of areas, at numerous facilities, in different divisions most days were different.
-A great dealt about compliance for an electric utility.
- In general really good, but for such a large company there were some issues.
- For the most part really great (really sharp,, hard working and good team members)
- Prioritization of tasks and staying on top of all different requirements of the job.
- Working with operators in the field.
Pros
Fair compensation and a community environment
Cons
Uneven distribution of workload
All sorts of jobs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNJuly 25, 2014
While I worked for Great River Engergy, I was a jack of all trades. I did everything from answer phones, sort and deliver mail, buyer projects and also got to help out in the company restaurant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great River Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4