Great West Casualty Company Employee Reviews

Above average property/casualty insurance workplace
Senior Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NESeptember 16, 2017
GWCC serves the trucking industry. It is a respectful work place. Working as a team is stressed. Customer service is of paramount importance.Work loads are generally reasonable. Opportunity to advance professionally is limited.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Staffing deficiencies
Overall Great place and Great People
Human Resources Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEJuly 8, 2017
Great West Casualty is a very well respected company in Siouxland that encourages employees to continue growing both personally and professionally. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the people who make up this company.
Great Place to work
N/A (Current Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEMay 23, 2017
Have worked in multiple departments for over 10 yrs total. They treat employees well, like one big family. Getting bigger = more politics. Benefits are average. Very little room to move up. It is a very flat organization. Very conservative philosophy.
Pros
good environment
Cons
growing politics, flat organization
Turn over
Liability Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 29, 2017
Highly qualified and experienced representatives. Which would explain why the turn over is such that other employers offer lucrative incentives to for them to move on.
Pros
Relocation package, Salary is competative
Cons
Micromanagement. High turn over
All talk, no action.
Professional (Current Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEAugust 6, 2016
If their talk was action, this would be a great job. But it isn't anywhere near the talk.

Cheap pay raises. Benefits have greatly deteriorated over the years turning into annual pay cuts. Extremely uneven treatment when it comes to hours and work conditions. Zero opportunity for promotion and the career ladder has absolutely nothing to do with the job. Education is fine at first but turns into a total joke. They will spend millions on buildings, parties, tickets, wasted education,etc....anything except wages and benefits.Stop looking for the cheapest way possible to reward employees

Management listens and then ignores everything said. The;y treat employee ideas like they mean nothing. They are more worried about not rocking the boat at the Chicago headquarters, which is nothing more than a turnover disaster.

Most management is there because they have been there for decades. Qualifications and experience outside the company is largely ignored. In my area, the top jobs all go to people who have been there for decades, but now when there is a rare opening, the first place they look is outside the company. Turnover is increasing, but nobody seems to be concerned with the reason for that or for the low morale among certain areas. They just hire more recruiters to hire inexperienced replacements at low wages.

There is no reward for extra effort and hours of work. Different groups of employees are treated very differently. They also have no intention to drag the company into the modern age as the data systems are a hodge-podge mess and data is impossible to obtain and
  more... work with. This is the product of Old Republic who own us.  less
Pros
Nice parties, tickets, events, etc.
Cons
Wages, benefits, increasing turnover, management doesn't care about employees.
Over worked and understaffed
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 31, 2016
Constantly changing the expectations and requirements that hinder you doing your job. Management shows no concern about turnover, and less about employee morale.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Minimal annual raise (2% or less) and no 401k
Extremely Great Co-workers! Great Benefits and Salary!
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  South Sioux City, NENovember 18, 2015
The hardest part of the job is pulling information out of people who do not have any information when they call in. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have great co-workers and I do not take my work home with me! I have learned that I am organized and prepared more than most.
Pros
Free Lunches - yearly bonus
Cons
very strict schedule - short breaks
Professional environment
Senior Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 28, 2015
Professional environment in the nations leading provider of insurance and risk management services to the best trucking firms. Constant focus on consistent amazing customer service.
Working in the trucking insurance industry while enjoying co-workers
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEAugust 5, 2015
I transferred callers to adjusters (liability, physical damage or work compensation), Underwriters or other departments in Corporate or regional offices. Also, I took initial information about accidents from the insureds, claimants and agents and transferred to the claims processing department to take the claim reports.

I learned how to handle difficult callers who were irate or frustrated about the claims process or policy changes/updates.

Management assisted with how to deal with difficult callers, process calls without the necessary information, learn new call procedures and to efficiently and professionally handle calls while managing talk time.

Corporate Operators worked together to learn new processes or instructions. It was a great teamwork environment.

The hardest part of the job was to learn how to handle difficult callers but I learned to listen to the callers' needs, continue to handle calls without getting "off track" regarding the purpose of the call and remain calm especially with my voice tone during calls.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team environment.
The rapport I had with the other Operators, internal and external customers.
Pros
I enjoyed the people, I worked with...
Cons
Short breaks and lunch...
fun
Liability Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meridian IdahoMarch 17, 2015
great management and benefits helpful and understanding all kinds of team building programs, online courses and always looking to improve how you do the job
Agency Assistant
Agency Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILJune 28, 2013
Initially responsible for front desk duties.

Obtained insurance license and promoted to focus on owner operator accounts and assisted on large fleet accounts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great West Casualty Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8