Great West

Great West Employee Reviews

Financial Institution out for itsself
Benefits Administrator - Education Counselor (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 11, 2014
Pros: you can have a job until they're done using you
Cons: no back up support for their employees, customers could make up stories and managers could do the same, no proof needed and you were then nothing.
This was an interesting experience. Management was out for themselves there was no employer/employee loyalty and the upper management would throw you under the bus to protect their jobs. HR would always be on the side of the management even if there was no proof an employee did anything wrong.
Calls Calls and more Calls
Junior Retirement Representative (Current Employee), DenverDecember 2, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: pay, breaks, work life balance.
Typical call center job. Benefits are minimal. Retirement program is lacking for a financial firm. Managers seem to be just as lost on what is coming down the pipe as the new hires are. Everyone is nice – more... but no one seems to know what tomorrow brings or what our goals should be. The type of people that are calling in daily about their accounts treat most of us like door mats. Job security is good because so many people quit. – less
Good place to work.
Senior Plan Services Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 9, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: until the 2008 crash.
Great West in Milwaukee is a 'third leg' of a Denver based organization
Great West Life
Network Security Administrator (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COSeptember 17, 2014
It was a place to get a pay check. Will not be going back..........
Great West Life and Annuity
SR Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: training, learning different information
Cons: managment
I was a SR Switchboard Operator so I would take calls all day long about life insurance, retirements, health insurance and disability insurance. I learned a lot about life insurance, the different kinds – more... of retirement plans, how claims worked under the health insurance, disability and life insurance. The co-workers did their jobs. Getting the calls when someone in the member's family passed away. Loved working with the people. I also helped on the Helpline to reset passwords. – less
Productive job
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Fort Scott, KSSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: rewards, benefits, pay
Cons: short breaks, loads of management
The day consisted of receiving medical bills, processing data, printing, filing, and making/taking phone calls.

I learned a lot about the processes of insurance, the associations between a diagnosis and – more... treatment options, what had to be held for further review, and what was actually within my limits to pay.

I had 6 bosses. The company was broken into tiers and smaller and smaller groups. This made answering to one person very difficult because I would have to weigh what my immediate supervisor wanted me to do against what her supervisor expected from her, up the chain.

Co-workers were very easy to get along with. We all mutually understood the difficulty of the position, and consistently used a team effort to solve problems we wouldn't have been immediately able to do on our own, generally without having to consult a manager.

The hardest part of this job was watching for fine details. A single missed detail could cost the company, which is not a good thing for a for-profit business. Deadlines were stringent and difficult too, but something I took pride in meeting.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the endless opportunity to move up in the company. I made consistently great reviews, earned quarterly bonuses as they were offered, and made the bi-annual raises every 6 months. Being rewarded brought great pleasure to exceeding expectations. – less
Busy Job
Customer Service and Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2014
Dr. offices and hospitals and other facilities will call for medical benefits and I would quote the benefits and also notate the account of what I relayed to the customer on the line.
Great working environment
Java Developer (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 16, 2014
Pros: friendly, helpful and great working enviroment.
Cons: no remote working
A have always love myself being part of the company and would like to recommend to anyone who seeks any kind of positions in future at GWL.
WFM…watch out...
Scheduling Analyst (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, CoMarch 4, 2014
Cons: manager runs the team like its her household and your her child, the teammates will throw you under the bus every chance they get.
This company was nothing what i thought it was. If you applying for WFM…beware of the management and the team. Hands down one of the worst places I've worked in my entire career.
Great West is not a good place to work
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 22, 2014
Lots of downsizing and job elimination going on - and when they eliminate your job they blame you for poor performance
CIGNA daily routine
Eligibility Analyst Associate (Former Employee), 8505 E Orchard Rd, Greenwood Village, CO. 80111January 1, 2014
Pros: parking garage. pto arrangements. work environment and location close to home.
Cons: multiple platforms that required secuity passwords to be regularly changed.
Daily duties varied from week to week. Phone contact, meetings, report and data evaluations were a day to day requirement. Management is based in CT.

Job duties became more difficult in the process of – more... coordinating outsourcing the job functions to overseas employees who were not proficient in English which required drafting template letters and standardized responses verbal and written.

Most details to the job are confidential and cannot be shared as part of a confidentiality agreement between Cigna and their employees. – less
No loyalty to employees
Plan Technical Support (Former Employee), Glendale, WIOctober 16, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: schedule, unattainable goals, management
Unattainable goals - goals were often set too high to meet resulting in failure. Management will set a person up to fail and then terminate them rather than fire them up front. Much favoritisim towards – more... certain employees while others are left out. No loyalty to the employees what so ever. If you work here, just know that you can always be replaced and will be at the drop of a hat. Management acts like they are in high school - they talk about each other and employees with no respect. – less
Awesome location but there is not too many chances for advancement.
Check Team Administrator (Current Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 24, 2013
Everyday I comply with the policies and plans to make sure the checks are disbursed correctly.
There are better companies to work for.
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee), VirginaSeptember 5, 2013
You work from home. You manage a book of 200 to 300 clients.

You handle enrollment meetings, plan reviews, and annual reviews.
Great flexible hour schedule
Case Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 27, 2013
A typical day- first 6 months was 1/2 day of training
Management-was probably the best management I've seen so far in my work history. All Management is required to go through an approval process to lead. – more...
Hardest part of the job-More work than the 7 hour work day and no paid overtime.
Most enjoyable part- Ice cream was delivered to our desks on a cart 1 day every month.
Benefits-were excellent except for the salary. – less
A place you can learn a lot
Development DBA (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 19, 2013
You can move around and learn a ton here. Loads of nice co-workers, managers and a decent life to work balance.
Best team work and learning environment for future goals
Administrator Processor - Broker Compensation (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 13, 2013
Pros: training was subperb and able to change work load and expand knowledge
Cons: n/a
Daily goals for workflow that was imperative to setup, entry adjustments, research and correct any issues before close of business. Answer phone calls from internal and external clients to solve issues. – more...

Management and co-workers were always available to talk through and and help solve issues.

Used many type of computer programs and constantly learning new technical products.

My favorite part of my job was performing yearly & monthly audits and finding and solving problems. Especially enjoyed contacting a client to inform them of an issue that was solved in their favor. – less
Great

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Although Great-West Financial Services was a good place to work, the job was very stressful and demanding.
Retirement Plan Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale, WIApril 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits and great salary.
Cons: job very stressful and demanding.
A typical day at Great-West consisted of assisting employers, participants and Third Party Administrators with questions and problems regarding thier retirement plan. Assisting employers, participants – more... and Third Party Administrators navigating the Great-West Financial Services website. Assisting Account Managers with thier block of retirement plan business. Updating retirement plan contacts, information and investments. I learned alot about the retirement plan industry. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, they where very knowledgeable and outgoing. The hardest part of the job was the stress and the demands. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people with the questions they had about thier retirement plan. – less
Great, secure work environment.
ACCOUNT RESEARCHER (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COApril 12, 2013
Great West Life was a fantastic company to work for. It had great pay, great benefits, and job security which is hard to come by. My duties changed from day to day which I really enjoyed. I was challened each day by being faced with new problems,

1 2 3

About Great West

Great-West Financial helps millions of Americans, their companies and employers build greater financial security. Headquartered – Read more

Great West Salaries