Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews

productive and fun work place
Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAMay 21, 2017
my current job is a very productive job because we run a hotel so we have to be on top of everything but we also still like to have fun. on Mondays while we are working two employees walk around the building with food in bags yelling "funday Monday" and they give all the employees food or candy. We also have department challenges that are games between each department. Sometimes its which department upsets the most or which has the least call outs.
Pros
fun
Cons
pay
So much fun but horrible management!
Ambassador of Fun (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 21, 2017
I love love loved working with the kids, this job required high energy and passion which I loved. The only real problems I had with this job was management, management would gang up on employees, use scare tactics, and higher management would not do anything in response to complaints. It was often very unclear to employees and guests what the schedule was, resulting in unhappiness that was blamed on employees who were never told what to do.
Bah
Tradition Creator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 18, 2017
Fun company to work for, just wished they paid more. It's great that you get discounts off of rooms but it's not that big of a discount. Which they showed Appreciation to coworkers more
Productive and fun workplace
Coffee Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 17, 2017
At GWL I learned to make lattes, cappucinos, and americanos, etc... The job is extremely straightforward with not many difficult tasks required. Management is professional but approachable. The best part was serving families and seeing their need for caffeine to keep up with their enthusiastic children throughout the day.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Little to no position improvement
great management stuff
Hostess, Server, cashier, busser (Former Employee) –  usaMay 16, 2017
Its a great environment to work at the management was always willing to help the employees, worked with the amazing stuff very friendly and helpful ,loved communicating with the guests , drug free lodge which is safe for everyone
Pros
free lunch, awards
Fun place to work
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 16, 2017
Working at great wolf was my very first experience in banquet and hotel facility. I learned from some of the best chefs I have ever worked for. They took the time to train me and explain each and every decision.
Productive workplace
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Grand Mound, WAMay 15, 2017
Can be stressful as there is a lot of drama between lifeguards and many of them don't want to work and constantly ask for people to cover their shifts or come in early but overall is a good experiance for a first job.
Pros
Employee park passes
Cons
Little sympathy for employees health affecting ability to work
Very friendly work place
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 15, 2017
Friendly work place with very well customer service. Very well management willing to work with a schedule that works for you. Many locations if a future employee was willing to relocate.
Pros
Very good management
Great place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Scotrun, PAMay 13, 2017
I worked there for almost two years. Though it was difficult to run on foot everywhere, it was great place to work. It's a great for kids and families to spend there time.
Fun place to work
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 12, 2017
Very interactive job and management is involved. There are many benefits for employees and has a fun atmosphere. Availability is very necessary for this job.
Pros
managment
Cons
time
Physical work with flexible availability and time off
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 12, 2017
Lifeguard Position

The managers are great and express great care in each employee individually. They work with you to make sure you work when you want to and have time off for important events. They also show great passion for their job and the brand and ensure quality performances every day.
Typical days include clocking in, listening to a debriefing of the daily stats and company goals before going out to the water park to our assigned spots. Lifeguards rotate each spot after 30 min and will continue to rotate between manning the bottom of water slides and scanning swimming pools and cleaning when given any free time. Breaks are given for pretty much every shift over 4.5 hours long and supervisors do a good job achieving consistent breaks. The end of the shift is cleaning the park for the last hour after closing and scrubbing bathrooms, floors, tables and other basic cleanliness factors.
A required four hours of in-service training are built in to the schedule each month and is broken into two 2 hour long sessions that take place before or after a shift.
There is a lot of physical walking as lifeguards pace back and forth while scanning as well as moving decent sized tubes in a humid environment.
Pros
flexible availability, strong management, decent pay
Cons
humid environment, physically tiring
Life learning
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 10, 2017
I have been there for a year now I have learned a new work way. The management of the job here was okay it wasn't the best they didn't know to treat their guards the best but that is okay and that wasn't the worst I have had worse.
Pros
Parties, squdealing
Cons
rewarding the people who came in lat
Never A Dull Moment
Front Desk Agent and Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAMay 10, 2017
There's never a dull moment going on at Great Wolf Lodge. Always on your toes and always busy. Very safe place and management takes their jobs seriously which helps keep everyone in line.
Great money, but typical restaurant antics
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAMay 9, 2017
There is a lot of favoritism in the food and beverage department. The comapny does not have a good handle on supply chain management. You would run out of essential items to the job and to get a shipment from corporate could take up to a month! To go without kids cups for a month in a kids resort is a little silly. Overall, management does not know what they are doing and do not care to hear concerns from people.
Pros
Great money
Cons
no breaks, management
Fun Workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Scotrun, PAMay 7, 2017
This place is one of the coolest places to work. You work around guest who are peaceful and fun to talk with. you get a race every six months. Great wolf really know how to treat their employees.
Greet working staff
Garden Grove - Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 5, 2017
Working at the great Wolf Lodge was an overall great experience the only problem was the management because the rules that they set we're not followed.
Pros
Able to get in the water park for free
Cons
Management was not great
Good company, great perks
Cosmetologist/Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 2, 2017
GWL is a fun place to work. Summer and Spring break lunch provided every friday, employee xmas and summer appreciation parties with great give a ways. Water passes and discount rate for rooms provided. Always a lively place.
Good place to start
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 2, 2017
was fun and busy. Great for a first job. Good people and good times. Working the maintenance dept. you did everything from lawn care, snow removal to tile work, wood work and water park maintenance.
Poor management and outdated organization tactics.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scotrun, PAMay 1, 2017
Terrible work environment. Work hours can be anywhere from 7am to 1am.
Constantly understaffed to keep labor costs down.
Employees are kept isolated various outlets throughout the building.
Non-cash "Perks" are used to drive competition among employees.
Pay raises are slow and decrease in growth value over time and are directly tied to management evaluation, rather than work effectiveness.
Employees can and will be fired at-will for simple mistakes on registers.
Pros
Occasional free lunch/dinner, Thanksgiving Turkey
Cons
Short breaks, Low accountability from management, Too many slogans, Work Hours
Horrible Experience
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 1, 2017
Front Guest Agent: The girl they assigned to train me, was so rude and cold. After finding someone on my own to train me for one day, they forced me to work on my own. I said I wasn't ready, but they didn't care. Ignorant supervisors, immature kids that work there. I would not recommend working there for any one over the age of 30.
Pros
None.
Cons
Lots.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Wolf Lodge. Our community is ready to answer.