Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews in United States

stressfull and they dont care
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 19, 2016
management plays favorites and doesn't try to hide it. you have to work long hours sometimes they wont give you a break even if you are there for 8 or 9 hours because they don't schedule properly. Very busy. Most guests are pleasant but daily you get yelled at. Hard to have a life with how they schedule you.
Pros
you will love your other coworkers
Cons
no breaks, angry guests, Management
Ever changing work place
Banquet Server, Server, Bartender and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 17, 2016
Concord Great Wolf lodge is a great place to work. The problem I ran into is that if you wanted to move up, you have to suck up to the higher ups. Everything is ran by a corporate office that doesn't have a clue on what each lodge needs. T
Pros
Free water park passes for family
Cons
Long hours, few days off.
Very professional and a excellent managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 5, 2016
They are compared on the same level as Disney and they do quite well. The job is taken seriously and the managers expect nothing but your absolute best effort when on shift. It taught me a lot about patience and listening to the needs of customers.
friendly faces all around
Food Outlets Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Mound, WAJune 3, 2016
Easy to get fired
Who you know gets you promotions
Learn guest interaction
Smiling and Joking goes along ways
Knowing the people around you and reading a room helps
Learned skills as a supervisor
Learned safety procedures and policies
Gossip heavy work environment
Pros
breaks were regulated
Cons
High turn over rate
high energy fast packed
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 27, 2016
this is not like other front desk, you will be dealing with very picky people are are spending a lot of money trying to make their children happy so they believe they deserve almost like presidential or millionaire treatment. no matter what. you have managers who are always trying to help their best but the corporate expectations are actually stopping anything good from being done. dont expect much of a raise as a front desk agent. maybe .50 cents. youll love the people you work with and you will quickly learn that you hate the guests
Pros
working over night means no guest
Cons
easy work not having to talk to people learn computer skills
Fun place with great people
Prep Cook/ Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 23, 2016
Great wolf lodge is a fun place to work. The employees are the best, they have very positive attitudes and they are very kind. Best management I have experienced, they are caring and they do a lot to keep the employees happy. They give us rewards for hard work and they let each employee feel recognized.
Pros
Free food, good hours
Cons
no benefits, salary
Checking guest in
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 18, 2016
Checking the guest in. Watching the kids have fun. Smile and roam around the lodge and enjoy their time there is nice to watch. They love the waterpark.
Went Downhill
Aquatics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scotrun, PAMay 3, 2016
Began working there when the Waterpark Director cared about the employees and it was a great place to work as a 17 year old lifeguard. Eventually he left and the new director began ruining things one day at a time. Favoritism was in the air along with too much chlorine which left people coughing all the time with "Great Wolf Cough" which is what we called it. The moral of the guards went downhill and no one cared anymore and eventually after 3 years they drove me to my breaking point and I left.
Pros
Made friends, work parties, promoted quickly
Cons
Favoritism, Drama, Management that doesnt care, Drama
Fantastic place to work
Night Auditor/Shift Manager in Aug (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 3, 2016
The best job I ever had. Fun place to work with awesome guest, employees and managers. Great Wolf Lodge should be at the top of every "Best Places to Work" list.
Awful workplace culture
Server (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAApril 29, 2016
I hated working here. Employees were not seen as people. Many times I was asked to break the law and put my own safety at risk. Would never
recomend them, would never give them my business
Fun work environment and great people
Life guard (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 27, 2016
Learned CPR during training and practiced as a group before opening. Management was not too fair on picking people for promotion, they would pick either the cutest girls or their favorite friends.
Pros
Waterpark passes
Cons
short breaks and unfair treatment
Productive place to work
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 15, 2016
if you have problems breathing the waterpark is not somewhere you want to be, but thats okay because all of the departments there are great. make sure to ask about hours and pay before you say yes to working. some departments dont get as many hours as another.
you must be patient with this job as hard as it can be because the guest can be pretty rude to you.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
drama drama drama
Fun but stressful
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 28, 2016
Be prepared to feel like a work slave! No social life what so ever! Long hours with low pay for the amount of stress and work load. Great Wolf only cares about the revenue! Not its employees who run the show!
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
Great Wolf Lodge
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 24, 2016
Fun environment; excellent co-workers. Incentives to use water park. Discounts and other benefits to working there. Friendly staff and flexible
Lots of fun! Great Place to Work!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 14, 2016
Had so much fun working at Great Wolf. Especially the times I had to put on the "Violet the Wolf' costume and read to the little kids. Enjoyed helping families smile and enjoy their vacations and special times with their children.
Pros
Close to my home; great atmosphere; lots of smiles
Cons
Not enough hours
productive work fun place
Laundry attendant (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MA 01420March 14, 2016
I enjoyed working with a great team,I learned what commitment was and the true significance of being a leader.I enjoyed family activities at work,And being a part of greatwolf
Pros
family activities
Cons
inconsiderate when having to call out
Very Poor Company
Confectionery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 7, 2016
From day one I had issues with management. I was dropped into work with no training and told to figure it out on my own. After working there for nearly a year, there were still things I hadn't learned about what I needed to do.

Hours were very unsteady. I could go from working every day a week to being lucky to work one day in a month. One of the managers even took me off the schedule entirely when I informed her that she had given me hours to work that we had already previously agreed I'd be unable to work.
hello
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMarch 5, 2016
Has anyone else experienced having worked there for 3 weeks at great wolf lodge and having there first check only have 1 week worth of pay on it I seriously feel cheated with all that hard work it only said 19 hours if pay on it instead of having the actual 50 hours I work my manager refused saying there was no mistakes she kept saying all get the hours they lost on the next pay check in 2 weeks honesty all honesty this has never ever happens to me until I went to work for this company hey if they overcharged there customers what do you think they will do to there employees.
Pros
Cons
paychecks are way under paid for actual work
Very fast paced work environment with excellent staff.
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Centralia, WA 98531February 29, 2016
At this job I am communicating with customers in a very fast paced environment. Being a Starbucks barista, as well as a pack member at Great Wolf Lodge has been a wonderful experience and I would not trade it for anything. This position has been very valuable to me because of how much I have learned.
great wolf
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2016
Great place to work during you college years to make extra money on the side and build up customer service skills to the guest in the hotel.