GREATBATCH MEDICAL

GREATBATCH MEDICAL Employer Reviews

Fun with a catch
Machine Operator (current position) (Former Employee), nyDecember 24, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers, good cause
Cons: health care
Greatbatch medical can be a great place to work their benefits are fair and they pay a somewhat competitive rate. The management depending on your supervisor are fair and understanding they will try to work with you in certain aspects so that you can be a productive member of their team.
The other employees for the most part are great like any workplace there are your bad apples but it was a pleasant place to work.
The problems with working there is that they don't live up to their motto or values (however they word it). When pursuing other positions there is a lot of run around and not a lot of action. It takes weeks for an internal position to select your application for a moving up position and then longer to interview.
Most of the time there are a lot of "opportunities" but they are already promised to somebody or they are currently working in that position. If it wasn't so hard to move up I would have ranked it higher but if you are looking to move up while putting in hard work I wouldn't suggest working here.
work was always available
Manufacturing Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Alden, NYDecember 2, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: short breaks
work was always available, but place lacked leadership and personnel on second shift.
lack of communication and zero work ethic
Associate Materials Technician (Current Employee), Clearance NYSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: decent pay, good benifits
Cons: coworkers, no hr, disorganization
Lack of management. Most employees have no work ethic. Very disorganized and hard to get things done. No HR and lots of harassment from coworkers.
A good place to make money and gain experiences due to many overtime each week.
Machine Operator, Medical Assembly (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: 4 work days a week
Cons: got greedy and cheap.
At Greatbatch it is a good place to work. Especially in my department because we're like a big family in there. Everyone is nice and they try to help each other out when someone doesn't know something. I enjoy being able to socialize with the people i'm working with. I guess the hardest part of each day would be when you or your cell mates are behind and is trying to catch up before the day is over.
Awesome Place to Start Career in Medical Device
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Plymouth, MinnesotaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: tution reimbursement. competitve pay. employees
Cons: job security
Greatbatch Medical is a great place to start your career in the medical device world. Management is supportive and understanding. The pay, benefits, and perks are outstanding. Not too many companies out there still offers bonus, tuition reimbursement, and good starting pay.

The only reason why I left the company is to pursue another dream career. If it wasn't for that I would have still be employed at Greatbatch.
Dynamic
Training Specialist (Current Employee), Plymouth, MnJuly 25, 2014
Pros: benefits like scholar and dependant scholar award programs
Cons: commute from home is long
A typical week at work:
Schedule and conduct New Hire Orientation (cGMPs and QS Requirements)
Maintains Training Database
Own and responsible for Maintenance of Training Process.
Training System development
Support Quality Systems; (Process Change Requests, eQMS data Migration, and Audits)

I have learned how to multi-task, work with and support QMS.
and various skills to accomplish my tasks ( Excel / Word / PPT and implementing eQMS)

It is important that a QMS has Management support.

The hardest part of my job is when there is a lack of Management support.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the co-workers I collaborate with seeing a successful outcome of the projects we work on.
Productive and comfortable
Quality Technician Team Lead (Former Employee), Columbia City, INMarch 20, 2014
Pros: management, coworkers
Cons: location
Enjoyed all aspects of the plant and the people in it. I learned a great deal. People are quite helpful, management was fair and consistent. It was very fast paced environment. Quality comes first at Greatbatch
Productive, busy place to work, minimal supervision, able to set own course/direction; improved upon my lean manufacturing skills;
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2014
Overall not a bad place to work; good people especially on shop floor; there was somewhat of a disconnect with management though, locally and at corporate as well.
Watch your back
Machinist (Former Employee), Columbia City, INMarch 2, 2014
Would be a decent place to work, but some of the management had cultivated favoritism.
Good Company - People - Vision
Engineering Aide (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, friendly
Cons: lay offs yearly
This was a laid back environment but yet one knows what their task is to accomplish daily.
I had the opportunity to learn FDA and ISO guide lines. This is very valuable going to other facilities and seeing what value there is in such common sense practices.
Good People to work with.
Hardest part of my job was having to leave. I truly thought I would be there for many more years.
Best part was the involvement from all levels of the business. It seemed to me that everyone was trying their best to do the right thing.
Poor Company
Internship (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2014
They just didnt do a good job. They were unprepared and bad. nothing more nothing less
Exciting work place with very experienced work force.
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 16, 2014
Exciting work place with very experienced work force.
The comoany has good benefits for full-time employees, including 100% tuition assistance. Employee wellness and behavior-based sasfety programs are encouraged to assist in the promotion of a healthy workforce who work in a safe woek environment.
Summary
Plastic Injection Mold Operator & Trainer (Current Employee), ClarenceFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: takes long to advance
At Greatbatch medical I learned how to operate a Horizontal and Vertical Plastic Injection Molding machine. Also management was eager to capitalize on my welding experience. I enjoyed the job because I know that I helped save lives using the skills I have acquired.
I am praying, they move to Texas, and/or "Belly up"
Model Shop Punching Bag. (Former Employee), Clarence, NYDecember 14, 2013
Pros: vacation time
Cons: everything except vacation time.
I would have never dreamed of a company with MEN, not kids, that are so insecure(like in high school), of their abilities, that they would cut down, make fun of, threaten, and get the boss to join in on destroying an individual`s confidence, preventing methods that are a "given" in any toolroom, due to the fact that "we don`t do it that way". So start doing it that way, and it`ll be done in half the time. Ignorance does not make money.
I should have quit sooner than I did, but I am trying to forget all the damage done. There were some good people, and I did learn a few things, but the concerted efforts to make someone look bad, forced 3 skilled workers (that I know of in last 2 years) OUT of Greatbatch.
I am pleased to hear replacing us has been a nightmare. I sleep now thinking of it.
The manager of the department literally can do no wrong, and will NEVER be reprimanded, or fired, so he has free reign to give his "buddies", no work, while piling on to whomever is "it" at any given time. Plant managers? 5 in 6 years, cannot grab a foothold to make it a descent place, as I suspect the last 2 were "let go" for similar reasons.
My new job is 180 degree turn. Co workers actually compliment me, and my tricks that "are not allowed" at Greatbatch Medical. (Not Allowed?)
"Stay away, stay sane"
Map 4096 Barton RD. 14031
It looks better than it is. haha
Coworkers are friendly, fun
Medical Machine Operator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaNovember 11, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: pay, management
Okay job. Coworkers are friendly. Work takes up most of your day - depending on which shift you work. Overall, okay place to work.
productive and super fun place to work
office (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNOctober 27, 2013
good place
excellent team players
good corporate culture
lots of information given to employees
free lunches
Roductive workplace
Sheet Metal Worker/Production/Warehouse (Former Employee), Indianapolis,INOctober 17, 2013
Pros: environment
Cons: benefits
I had a great experience at Great batch medical.
I loved my managers and co-workers. I worked with the best group of people.
Greatbatch
Shipping and Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 4, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: long hours
A typical work day was 12-13 hours
I learned valuable information regarding the medical industry and the demands
My coworkers were a great team, hard working and always on call
The most difficult aspect of this contract position was learning FDA regulations
The most reward aspect of this position was the Manufacturing Team.
a team oriented work place interested in constant improvement and high quality product
CNC Machinist/Operator (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: problem solving, team work on production floor, being a part of something that makes a difference
Cons: communication, being able to move up in the company, better pay
we have a meeting at the beginning of the shift covering the previous days numbers and to assign what job each individual will work on. Depending on the day i am either setting up a machine or running a machine or both. If there is no setups then i run at least two machines through the day. Performing my AQL, CIC, and SPC checks. I have learned more about running lathe machines, polish, and clean room during the three years i have been at my current job. There is currently communication issues with management and those out on the floor. My co-workers and myself work very well together as a team, always willing to help others when ever needed. The hardest part of my job is trying to close the gap between those on the floor and those in the office. There are a lot of great ideas on the floor from people with many many years of experience, but a lack of interest in the office to listen to those ideas. The most enjoyable part of my job is the problem solving aspect of the job where i get to work on programs at my machine. As well as just working on the machines with such good people. i enjoy knowing that the parts and instruments that i make are having a positive impact in someones life.
Don't plan on advancing anywhere.
Lowly operator (Former Employee), PlymouthAugust 27, 2013
Pros: ha, nothing!
Cons: everything.
This place was a joke!! I worked here for almost 6 years and didn't have a chance to advance anywhere. I am not a brown noser therefore couldn't get a different position. Hr is lazy and only wants to party with each other all the time. The benefits are worthless.

If you want to get anywhere with this company you better be ready to turn off your brain and prepare your lips for some major butt kissing!

Good luck!