GREATBATCH MEDICAL Employee Reviews

I worked with a lot of awesome people
Machine Operator/Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alden, NYSeptember 22, 2016
The job is repetitive, the rules are strict, and the benefits aren't great.
But the pay is decent, and the people there are personable and fun. They make the day go by quick. There ARE a lot of rules mainly for accountability purposes. The location I worked at was making parts for batteries and medical equipment. So, you are working with a lot of small parts and pieces. Overall, this was one of the best jobs I ever had. I only left due to family health and medical issues.
Pros
fun co-workers, good management, frequent FLEX breaks
Cons
Benefits, repetitive, boring at times
GreatBatch Memory
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 13, 2016
Some days work will be slow like always and busy every other months

I have learned to use all five of the press machines/Treating parts in the oven room in a short time, depends if your willing to learn quick
GBM they lack a lot of proper training and SDS rules
But if your looking for experience they have it

I've heard that management have changed a lot in just 2-4 years always having new staffs

Coworkers tend to use a lot of short cuts and lots of bad and or miscommunication

The hardest part of the job is when your team refuse to follow standard procedure

Time flies by after the first 3 hours
Production
Operator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55441July 20, 2016
When I work at Greatbatch Medical, I love the environment and my co-workers because we are good teamwork and facing difficulties times together. Difficulties such as when someone forgot to ask for what to do or not sure how to do.
I worked in the clean room most of the time and sometime help the Quality assurance (QA) test by using the computer. In addition, I work independently.
What I learned from this job are working as a team, work independent, and follow process.
Pros
We have to bring our own lunch to work every work days.
Cons
We have two fifteen minutes break and one thirty minutes break.
8 years and happy with the job
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 27, 2016
One of the best workplace ever. I have never been upset at any of the position that I am assigned too. The benefits are great. Working 10 hrs shift was great because I enjoy the 3 days off and overtime are not mandatory either.
friendly
100% Inspection (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55414May 16, 2016
Everyday we sit in our station and inspected parts from the machine operators. I have learn how to inspected the defects on a part and deburr it. i have learn how to use a microscope and a reticle. if we see parts that scrap from the machine operator we stop the line and tell the set up person to deal with it. All the co-worker are nice and understandable. The hardest part of the jobs is to decide the parts are bad or good and we record every hour how much we made that cause our time to write it. The most enjoyable part of a job is when we doing something hard like deburring the parts. It makes our brain alert all the time.
Pros
we can sit and stand at a work floor
Cons
noisy
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2016
I started out as a Machine Operator. The work are easy and they allow you to sit down or stand up is totally up to you. Management and co-worker are very friendly.
Just a low wage job
Worker (Current Employee) –  Alden, NYMarch 27, 2016
What started out as a nice place has begun going downhill. All the fun things we did for morale are gone or slowly disappearing. Better to spend millions on new machines that sit for years unused instead of making the employees feel welcomed or better paid. Severe favoritism from supervisors. If you're not a boss's friend you will never advance. Hopefully (and that's a big hope) there will be improvement with our buying Lake Region Medical, but probably not.
Pros
"Four" weeks PTO, two shutdowns, Profit sharing bonus, going home
Cons
Low wages, low morale, favoritism and discrimination, anti-social high school-ish drama queens
Great
Finisher (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYNovember 29, 2016
Greatbatch Inc, has been a company to make amazing product, takes pride in families and does what it can for its employees.
A great place to work. With an exercise room.
production lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day, Program, load, and operate various machines. train others as needed.The hardest part of my job would be. Changing shifts 1st ,2nd,and 3rd to help company production. The most enjoyable part of the day would be interacting with the other associates. Training, Motivating,and sharing my skills.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
No real advancements
Fun workplace
Senior Team Member/Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 27, 2016
I've been at this place for about 8 years now. If it wasn't for the fact that the company is transferring work and products down to our plant in Mexico, I think I would be here for a long time. The people are nice and friendly. I really enjoy being around the people. They have become like family since I have been with them for over 8 years. It is kind of sad if I really think about it.
OK job
Machine Operator/Assembly Line Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 16, 2015
Just like every others job go in and come home. What I learned is how to use different kind of machine and learned what the machine do. The co-worker at the job is ok, no one really talk to each other when I work there back in 2011. Nothing is hard about this job, no job is hard, people learn. Its only hard for those lazy worker that don't want to work and learn. The most enjoyable part of this job is just going and and work.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Very good
Designer/Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYMay 22, 2015
Co-workers were very good and helpful.
Great opportunity to learn from other people and learn how various groups work within the organization.
Most enjoyable part of the job was really understanding the technology and how the assemblies work, what deisgn changes can be done to improve, etc.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Contstricted, denied, disagreed, director chose senior level engineers to babysit children for the day.
Great company need management improvements
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work I would take job order and separate them in a fifo lane (first in first out) lane, and separate them by gage. After that I would create nest from Dxf. After I have created program nest I would go and get material needed to run . Use oracle to move job through sequences and run programs.
Pros
cnc operated machines
Cons
no management
A good place to make money and gain experiences due to many overtime each week.
Machine Operator, Medical Assembly (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 23, 2014
At Greatbatch it is a good place to work. Especially in my department because we're like a big family in there. Everyone is nice and they try to help each other out when someone doesn't know something. I enjoy being able to socialize with the people i'm working with. I guess the hardest part of each day would be when you or your cell mates are behind and is trying to catch up before the day is over.
Pros
4 work days a week
Cons
Got greedy and cheap.
Awesome Place to Start Career in Medical Device
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MinnesotaSeptember 2, 2014
Greatbatch Medical is a great place to start your career in the medical device world. Management is supportive and understanding. The pay, benefits, and perks are outstanding. Not too many companies out there still offers bonus, tuition reimbursement, and good starting pay.

The only reason why I left the company is to pursue another dream career. If it wasn't for that I would have still be employed at Greatbatch.
Pros
Tution Reimbursement. Competitve Pay. Employees
Cons
job security
Good Company - People - Vision
Engineering Aide (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 20, 2014
This was a laid back environment but yet one knows what their task is to accomplish daily.
I had the opportunity to learn FDA and ISO guide lines. This is very valuable going to other facilities and seeing what value there is in such common sense practices.
Good People to work with.
Hardest part of my job was having to leave. I truly thought I would be there for many more years.
Best part was the involvement from all levels of the business. It seemed to me that everyone was trying their best to do the right thing.
Pros
Benefits, Friendly
Cons
Lay Offs Yearly
Fast paced and rapidly growing company. fun work environment
Operations Coordinator, Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 24, 2015
I've been with Greatbatch Medical going on ten years. During this time I have grown throughout the company and have advanced within. I started as a Maintenance Technician and have had many advancements and promotions to where I am now. As the Operation Coordinator of the Shipping and Receiving department I have Learned a lot of Management and Supervisory skills and have dedicated my time and hard work into teaching my direct associates. Utilizing my knowledge and skills I have turned a group into a team while initiating a better work flow and environment. I thank Greatbatch for this. I also enjoy the people I work with both direct or indirect along with the daily work load and leave every day feeling good about a job well done.
Pros
Fun work environment, room to advance.
Don't plan on advancing anywhere.
Lowly operator (Former Employee) –  PlymouthAugust 27, 2013
This place was a joke!! I worked here for almost 6 years and didn't have a chance to advance anywhere. I am not a brown noser therefore couldn't get a different position. Hr is lazy and only wants to party with each other all the time. The benefits are worthless.

If you want to get anywhere with this company you better be ready to turn off your brain and prepare your lips for some major butt kissing!

Good luck!
Pros
Ha, nothing!
Cons
Everything.
Dynamic
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MnJuly 25, 2014
A typical week at work:
Schedule and conduct New Hire Orientation (cGMPs and QS Requirements)
Maintains Training Database
Own and responsible for Maintenance of Training Process.
Training System development
Support Quality Systems; (Process Change Requests, eQMS data Migration, and Audits)

I have learned how to multi-task, work with and support QMS.
and various skills to accomplish my tasks ( Excel / Word / PPT and implementing eQMS)

It is important that a QMS has Management support.

The hardest part of my job is when there is a lack of Management support.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the co-workers I collaborate with seeing a successful outcome of the projects we work on.
Pros
Benefits like Scholar and Dependant Scholar Award Programs
Cons
Commute from home is long
I am supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne InJuly 27, 2013
I am supervisor of this great company. A typical day is solving many problems first hand and getting to know the workers better and better throughout interpersonal engagement.
Greatbatch management always supports my ideas before they become policy.
The hardest part of this job is keeping the riff-raff on the work floor under control but it is a pleasant enjoyable place for me to work!
Pros
Managment
Cons
long drive to new building

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GREATBATCH MEDICAL. Our community is ready to answer.