GREATBATCH MEDICAL

GREATBATCH MEDICAL Employer Reviews

Productive and comfortable
Quality Technician Team Lead (Former Employee), Columbia City, INMarch 20, 2014
Pros: management, coworkers
Cons: location
Enjoyed all aspects of the plant and the people in it. I learned a great deal. People are quite helpful, management was fair and consistent. It was very fast paced environment. Quality comes first at Greatbatch
Productive, busy place to work, minimal supervision, able to set own course/direction; improved upon my lean manufacturing skills;
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2014
Overall not a bad place to work; good people especially on shop floor; there was somewhat of a disconnect with management though, locally and at corporate as well.
Watch your back
Machinist (Former Employee), Columbia City, INMarch 2, 2014
Would be a decent place to work, but some of the management had cultivated favoritism.
Good Company - People - Vision
Engineering Aide (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: benefits, friendly
Cons: lay offs yearly
This was a laid back environment but yet one knows what their task is to accomplish daily.
I had the opportunity to learn FDA and ISO guide lines. This is very valuable going to other facilities and seeing what value there is in such common sense practices.
Good People to work with.
Hardest part of my job was having to leave. I truly thought I would – more... be there for many more years.
Best part was the involvement from all levels of the business. It seemed to me that everyone was trying their best to do the right thing. – less
Poor Company
Internship (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2014
They just didnt do a good job. They were unprepared and bad. nothing more nothing less
Exciting work place with very experienced work force.
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 16, 2014
Exciting work place with very experienced work force.
The comoany has good benefits for full-time employees, including 100% tuition assistance. Employee wellness and behavior-based sasfety programs are encouraged to assist in the promotion of a healthy workforce who work in a safe woek environment.
Summary
Plastic Injection Mold Operator & Trainer (Current Employee), ClarenceFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: takes long to advance
At Greatbatch medical I learned how to operate a Horizontal and Vertical Plastic Injection Molding machine. Also management was eager to capitalize on my welding experience. I enjoyed the job because I know that I helped save lives using the skills I have acquired.
I am praying, they move to Texas, and/or "Belly up"
Model Shop Punching Bag. (Former Employee), Clarence, NYDecember 14, 2013
Pros: vacation time
Cons: everything except vacation time.
I would have never dreamed of a company with MEN, not kids, that are so insecure(like in high school), of their abilities, that they would cut down, make fun of, threaten, and get the boss to join in on destroying an individual`s confidence, preventing methods that are a "given" in any toolroom, due to the fact that "we don`t do it that way". So start – more... doing it that way, and it`ll be done in half the time. Ignorance does not make money.
I should have quit sooner than I did, but I am trying to forget all the damage done. There were some good people, and I did learn a few things, but the concerted efforts to make someone look bad, forced 3 skilled workers (that I know of in last 2 years) OUT of Greatbatch.
I am pleased to hear replacing us has been a nightmare. I sleep now thinking of it.
The manager of the department literally can do no wrong, and will NEVER be reprimanded, or fired, so he has free reign to give his "buddies", no work, while piling on to whomever is "it" at any given time. Plant managers? 5 in 6 years, cannot grab a foothold to make it a descent place, as I suspect the last 2 were "let go" for similar reasons.
My new job is 180 degree turn. Co workers actually compliment me, and my tricks that "are not allowed" at Greatbatch Medical. (Not Allowed?)
"Stay away, stay sane"
Map 4096 Barton RD. 14031
It looks better than it is. haha – less
Coworkers are friendly, fun
Medical Machine Operator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaNovember 11, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: pay, management
Okay job. Coworkers are friendly. Work takes up most of your day - depending on which shift you work. Overall, okay place to work.
productive and super fun place to work
office (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNOctober 27, 2013
good place
excellent team players
good corporate culture
lots of information given to employees
free lunches
Roductive workplace
Sheet Metal Worker/Production/Warehouse (Former Employee), Indianapolis,INOctober 17, 2013
Pros: environment
Cons: benefits
I had a great experience at Great batch medical.
I loved my managers and co-workers. I worked with the best group of people.
Greatbatch
Shipping and Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 4, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: long hours
A typical work day was 12-13 hours
I learned valuable information regarding the medical industry and the demands
My coworkers were a great team, hard working and always on call
The most difficult aspect of this contract position was learning FDA regulations
The most reward aspect of this position was the Manufacturing Team.
a team oriented work place interested in constant improvement and high quality product
CNC Machinist/Operator (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: problem solving, team work on production floor, being a part of something that makes a difference
Cons: communication, being able to move up in the company, better pay
we have a meeting at the beginning of the shift covering the previous days numbers and to assign what job each individual will work on. Depending on the day i am either setting up a machine or running a machine or both. If there is no setups then i run at least two machines through the day. Performing my AQL, CIC, and SPC checks. I have learned more – more... about running lathe machines, polish, and clean room during the three years i have been at my current job. There is currently communication issues with management and those out on the floor. My co-workers and myself work very well together as a team, always willing to help others when ever needed. The hardest part of my job is trying to close the gap between those on the floor and those in the office. There are a lot of great ideas on the floor from people with many many years of experience, but a lack of interest in the office to listen to those ideas. The most enjoyable part of my job is the problem solving aspect of the job where i get to work on programs at my machine. As well as just working on the machines with such good people. i enjoy knowing that the parts and instruments that i make are having a positive impact in someones life. – less
Don't plan on advancing anywhere.
Lowly operator (Former Employee), PlymouthAugust 27, 2013
Pros: ha, nothing!
Cons: everything.
This place was a joke!! I worked here for almost 6 years and didn't have a chance to advance anywhere. I am not a brown noser therefore couldn't get a different position. Hr is lazy and only wants to party with each other all the time. The benefits are worthless.

If you want to get anywhere with this company you better be ready to turn off your brain – more... and prepare your lips for some major butt kissing!

Good luck! – less
Former Employee. ColumbiaCity/Fort Wayne Ind.
Machinist/Polisher (Former Employee), Fort WayneAugust 24, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: supervisor/team leader playing head games on employees
I started working for this company in their startup stages when they were known as Precimed as a polisher/machinist and being forced into leaving shortly after Greatbatch purchased the company.

The salary was high and a lot of overtime was always great but it was difficult to concentrate on my work with the T.C supervisor as he was into setting people – more... up for a downfall.
Its my understanding the T.C supervisor is currently employed there and still playing on the skilled workers personal life's and work ethics.
My personal experience is if your planning to work there, please think twice as it will deeply effect your personal life being employed at Greatbatch of Fort Wayne Indiana – less
I am supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Wayne InJuly 27, 2013
Pros: managment
Cons: long drive to new building
I am supervisor of this great company. A typical day is solving many problems first hand and getting to know the workers better and better throughout interpersonal engagement.
Greatbatch management always supports my ideas before they become policy.
The hardest part of this job is keeping the riff-raff on the work floor under control but it is a pleasant – more... enjoyable place for me to work! – less
A strange company
Former 2nd/3rd shift polisher for Greatbatch (Former Employee), Columbia City former locationJuly 10, 2013
Pros: overtime/pay
Cons: weak group leaders, poor supervisors and blind management
A typical day working at this company was like entering a paid by the hour loony bin.
No professional leadership what so ever.
Locally This company has a sour name, so now their giving their chances into the web in hopes of luring someone into their game.

All the high skilled workers who were there when I was, left the company and joined other orthopedic – more... companies in Warsaw.
Greatbatch has now even went through a temp service trying to find workers.

A lot of back stabbing by the TC supervisor and his "In People"
If your an experienced machinist or polisher,you'll be manipulated for information on job processes and even exploited about your personal life.

All the experienced workers gave TC processes how to build up a finishing department for the company when they were in their start-up stage known then as Precimed inc, and the supervisor used all our information for his own personal gain without honorable mention to us, then he blackballed us, many high technology people were harassed into quitting or just plain fired.

After that they lost many skilled workers their contracts was farmed out to local companies(and still currently outsourcing due to low job knowledge) because they hadn't a clue how to manufacture the devices, so 4 months after Greatbatch acquired this company was when my harassment time came, so I left the company and took 18% of their outsourcing with me and manufactured them abroad and turned them into a 300% profit within a month.

This company will give you a bad recommendation when someone is checking on your references. "I Have Proof Of That"

If your an experienced polisher, you'll be manipulated for information of job processes so the TC can have his personal gains for himself and his in people.
Very Strange Company Greatbatch!

A word from one polisher to another "Avoid working for Greatbatch" – less
Sustainable company
Production member (Current Employee), ALdenJune 9, 2013
Pros: 401k, dental clean you get a cool id badge
Cons: health care is a high deductable, required to temp
A typical day at work is a pretty relaxed family type atmosphere that support differences of employees.
I learned from working here that working with so many different people can be difficult and the difference in education value can also make a big difference.
Management is unorganized and plays favorites to get to the top most of the time you have – more... to be a favorite.
Coworkers can be very nice, but sometimes two faced this place is a big rumor mill and everybody will talk about you behind your back so if you got thick skin you should be OK.
Hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable is the same the people there are so many good people and then there are the people that just bring you down but over all it depends on who you are. – less
Very nice people, need better process control
Sr. Labeling Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNMay 8, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: lack of clear leadership
A small company growing fast and feeling the pains of consolidating processes. Day to day work was challenging as roles and responsibilities weren't clear.
greatbatchmedical Clarence
not a chance (Current Employee), ClarenceApril 27, 2013
Pros: vacation time, pay is ok.
Cons: atmosphere
Hostile environment encouraged by management. They do not believe in mutual successes, or value individual differences. They encourage employee-to-employee hostility, I now believe, to single out individuals that may be underpaid to keep them down a notch.
Strange company.