GREATBATCH MEDICAL Employee Reviews

Was one of the best jobs ive ever had.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, INAugust 21, 2017
I started as a temp and with in a year and a half I was over the whole polishing department. Greatbatch medical is one of jobs I regret leaving the most out of every place ive worked.
Pros
If youre good at youre job you can move up.
team work
Medical Assembly (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 11, 2017
Clean room assembler, operator of Injection mold and RF Thermoform machines to produce .
Catheter Dilator-Sheath Set up and performed hand and automatic assembly operations on components maintain  cleanliness in work area.
Production
PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Alden, NYJune 27, 2017
Great company to work for. Clean work environment, good pay, good benefits. the experience here is great. you are making product that is saving lives.
Greatbatch
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 12, 2017
Greatbatch is a great place to work. Great management, time paid off is excellent, and very fast pace.. I use measuring tools to check products according to blueprint. The best part of the job would be the hours are flexible if needed and the environment is very clean. I would not say there is a hard part of the job, but at the end of the month is a push. We have to meet our goals for shipment which everyone does a great job working together to get the products out on time.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Insurance could be better
Very nice environment
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2017
This company was such a pleasure to work for,my days always went smooth,I learned machine operating,the managers would jump in when there were attendance issues,nice and clean work environment,nothing hard about the job,enjoyed my whole day
Pros
you could listen to your own music
Cons
breaks went too fast
poor culture
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 14, 2017
No room for advancement. Large gap between upper management and floor. Very poor morale. Team leads are more like snakes in the grass and managements WANTS high turn over apparently.
Typical production job
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Alden, NYMarch 14, 2017
Sitting doing the same job for 8 hours a day. An ok atmosphere and the people in charge didn't seem to have the right way of thinking. Left due to upcoming employment.
Pros
Not a hard job
Cons
Lacked good leadership
Great company culture; lack of upward mobility
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYFebruary 20, 2017
In general, there are a lot of opportunities at this company, but very few in terms of upward mobility. Management is flexible and there are many opportunities for education. There is a reasonable amount of overtime and travel required being a large, international company.
Pros
Great culture and employee base
Cons
Limited mobility, career advancement
Design Engineer
Design Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 19, 2017
•Manage new projects from conception to release and represented the Greatbatch as a liaison between the manufacturing facility and customer to insure projects are produce correctly and delivered on time.
•Designed, developed and prepared product to meet manufacturing criteria to simplify the process and utilize existing in-house tooling and machine capabilities.
•Provided input to customer for Design Control and regulatory requirements.
•Overviewed the evaluation of functional prototypes and implemented necessary changes to assure proper design.
Good experience to learn a broad range of skills.. but you really work for it
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 4, 2017
Much like any company, you are going to have amazing and awful co-workers and managers. Greatbatch is no exception. The salary I would say is decent, but the benefits I would say are mediocre.. mainly the 401K matching.

The company is a really good start for a fledgling engineer to get his/her hands dirty and get a broad range of experiences. However, you definitely have to work hard. Just as an aside for anyone who reads this, one's ability to perform a job has nothing to do with his experience and/or level of education. Time and time again, Greatbatch has hired or brought in people who, on paper, look amazing but in actuality delegate the work to everyone else and contribute zero work overall. This company is sortof a blessing for that reason, since that means there's tons of work to go around but that also means that a only few handful of people are doing the work.
Pros
Decent pay, No work life balance (if you want money)
Cons
No work life balance
Great people to work with.
Prodcution planner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 12, 2016
My day typically started working with the production floor, customer service and management to meet the customer needs. All areas cared about the customer so we had great team effort from everyone to get the job done.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Great job, impeccably clean atmosphere.
Machinist/CT-300 EDM Drill Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYDecember 6, 2016
Again, I had no problem with the company or the employee workforce. I acquired the position through a placement agency which promised certain hiring and hourly wage conditions once hired after a 90 day probationary period. They did make an offer to hire me after "dragging their feet" about 4-5 months in. After their discouraging "offer" that did not fulfil their promise at the onset of being hired, I found the opportunity to work for HDM Hydraulics for an appropriate wage and accepted their offer.
Pros
closer to home
Cons
skepticle atmosphere for advancement in the company
Great
Finisher (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYNovember 29, 2016
Greatbatch Inc, has been a company to make amazing product, takes pride in families and does what it can for its employees.
8 years and happy with the job
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 27, 2016
One of the best workplace ever. I have never been upset at any of the position that I am assigned too. The benefits are great. Working 10 hrs shift was great because I enjoy the 3 days off and overtime are not mandatory either.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2016
I started out as a Machine Operator. The work are easy and they allow you to sit down or stand up is totally up to you. Management and co-worker are very friendly.
I worked with a lot of awesome people
Machine Operator/Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alden, NYSeptember 22, 2016
The job is repetitive, the rules are strict, and the benefits aren't great.
But the pay is decent, and the people there are personable and fun. They make the day go by quick. There ARE a lot of rules mainly for accountability purposes. The location I worked at was making parts for batteries and medical equipment. So, you are working with a lot of small parts and pieces. Overall, this was one of the best jobs I ever had. I only left due to family health and medical issues.
Pros
fun co-workers, good management, frequent FLEX breaks
Cons
Benefits, repetitive, boring at times
GreatBatch Memory
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 13, 2016
Some days work will be slow like always and busy every other months

I have learned to use all five of the press machines/Treating parts in the oven room in a short time, depends if your willing to learn quick
GBM they lack a lot of proper training and SDS rules
But if your looking for experience they have it

I've heard that management have changed a lot in just 2-4 years always having new staffs

Coworkers tend to use a lot of short cuts and lots of bad and or miscommunication

The hardest part of the job is when your team refuse to follow standard procedure

Time flies by after the first 3 hours
Production
Operator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN 55441July 20, 2016
When I work at Greatbatch Medical, I love the environment and my co-workers because we are good teamwork and facing difficulties times together. Difficulties such as when someone forgot to ask for what to do or not sure how to do.
I worked in the clean room most of the time and sometime help the Quality assurance (QA) test by using the computer. In addition, I work independently.
What I learned from this job are working as a team, work independent, and follow process.
Pros
We have to bring our own lunch to work every work days.
Cons
We have two fifteen minutes break and one thirty minutes break.
friendly
100% Inspection (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55414May 16, 2016
Everyday we sit in our station and inspected parts from the machine operators. I have learn how to inspected the defects on a part and deburr it. i have learn how to use a microscope and a reticle. if we see parts that scrap from the machine operator we stop the line and tell the set up person to deal with it. All the co-worker are nice and understandable. The hardest part of the jobs is to decide the parts are bad or good and we record every hour how much we made that cause our time to write it. The most enjoyable part of a job is when we doing something hard like deburring the parts. It makes our brain alert all the time.
Pros
we can sit and stand at a work floor
Cons
noisy
Just a low wage job
Worker (Current Employee) –  Alden, NYMarch 27, 2016
What started out as a nice place has begun going downhill. All the fun things we did for morale are gone or slowly disappearing. Better to spend millions on new machines that sit for years unused instead of making the employees feel welcomed or better paid. Severe favoritism from supervisors. If you're not a boss's friend you will never advance. Hopefully (and that's a big hope) there will be improvement with our buying Lake Region Medical, but probably not.
Pros
"Four" weeks PTO, two shutdowns, Profit sharing bonus, going home
Cons
Low wages, low morale, favoritism and discrimination, anti-social high school-ish drama queens