Greatbatch is looking for an Assistant Plant Controller for our Clarence facility who will assist the Regional Plant Controller with the financial and accounting function of the Clarence Facility, while learning responsibilities necessary to assist and advise the Plant Manager and leadership team on a regular basis. Maintain Greatbatch’s accounting principles, practice, procedures and initiatives at the Plant level. Must be willing to relocate.
- Complies with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act by following internal policies and procedures to promote effective accounting controls and ethical business practices.
- Administers the execution and management of effective accounting procedures for the Plant according to established corporate accounting policies.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Assists in the preparation of written reports and presentations to convey and explain financial data to Plant Management.
- Addresses internal discrepancies or variances and advises Regional Controller regarding improvements to system.
- Supports lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Supports the Regional Controller in completing and monitoring operating budget and gaining understanding of the budget process.
- Performs cost accounting functions, analyzes cost records to determine distribution of production costs for Plant.
- Determines cost of sales and inventory valuation for closing and financial statements.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in cost accounting role within manufacturing environment.
- Specialized knowledge: Strong working knowledge of GAAP required with Oracle or equivalent ERP systems experience. Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Special Skills: Strong computer skills with extensive experience in Excel; must be able to work independently; is a team player.