Greatbatch Employee Reviews

Fun, you can earn your experience here and get certified,
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milikan, BeavertonFebruary 2, 2018
You would be assigned to a different group and supervisor every now and then. Each group has a different product to produce. Each morning we do exercises before we start work. You would be asked by the Supervisor which part of the production you would enjoy doing most. That's why we enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Cafeteria was large, free coffee, can play pingpong, or use the computer.
Cons
Watch out for the big Pop whenever their was a boo-boo.
Great Place to Work
Polymer Chemist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 25, 2017
Typical workday consist of organic synthesis of work related compounds. The workplace was a great and friendly environment. Management was great. Would recommend for a great place of employment
thanks
Material Coordinator / Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  10000 wehrleJanuary 12, 2017
Greatbatch was a good place to work, I learned many new things and many new lessons about life. Yes I was let go do to a job termination, but they gave me a good package when I left. Now it's time for a new beginning.
It is a job but beware!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Alden, NYDecember 22, 2016
Stay away! This place is the worst place in wny to work! They treat people bad. They have core values which they don't follow. They will do anything they can to save a dime!
Pros
Cons
Management, Human Resources
fun activity at work
MEDICAL ASSEMBLY MICROSCOPE (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 17, 2016
I would like to have fun with my coworker too. If my work place have a table ping pong that is good idea, have fun. Very great opportunity to join it.
Ok place to work, not good for advancement
Associate (Former Employee) –  Alden, NYSeptember 29, 2016
Used to work for greatbatch, few months shy of 25 yrs ,when I first started was an awesome place to work, now not so much,, don't care how people treat each other, too many bosses not enough workers, people used to b nice ,and friendly, now they just want to stab u in the back,, getting worse all the time ,, couldn't deal with it anymore 😔just quit to save my sanity!!! Benefits stink too!!!
Pros
Profit sharing was nice
Cons
Healthcare
Just an ok job
Worker (Current Employee) –  Alden, NYMarch 29, 2016
What started out as a nice friendly place to work has begun going downhill. All the fun things we did for morale are gone or slowly disappearing. Communication is severely lacking, some supervisors think it's beneath them. Better to spend millions on new machines that sit for years unused instead of making the employees feel welcomed or better paid. Severe favoritism from supervisors. If you're not a boss's friend, never expect to advance. I doubt there will be improvement with our buying Lake Region Medical, but who knows. Most think the place will move to Mexico in a few years.
Pros
4 week PTO, profit bonus, shutdowns
Cons
Favoritism, drama queens, lack of communication, no advancement
Great company/ Horrible decisions
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 10, 2016
they outsourced the company to Tijuana, Mexico. other than that is was a great place to work. if you worked there you would understand....
Pros
everything
Cons
they left the USA
i like the company but not my co-workers because they speak their own language.They always talk their language even while wor
Medical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 15, 2015
-I really like working in greatbatch,I don't easily get tired cause I was sitting the whole day with the microscope.The supervisor is so cool and nice.
- as I've said,Greatbatch i a great company but not my co-workers,they talk a lot.
-they will relocate soon tha't why I'm looking for a new job
Line work
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Alden, NYMay 27, 2015
Good place, fast paced environment, assembling lithium iodine batteries using various machines to produce them, learning new things everyday.

Want to know more about Greatbatch?

Ask a question
Challenging
Sales, Marketing, Training, Finance (Current Employee) –  TXMay 7, 2015
Organization in midst of restructuring due to pricing pressures in market. Change regular - yearly occurrence. Competitive pressures in market driving short term decisions.
Global Company with a Mom and Pop Culture
Payroll Accountant, Interim Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYApril 14, 2015
Management does not look at big picture. Manual processes and undefined procedures hinder the company's growth and a work - life balance for the employees.
Second most money ever of career, worst company ever of career
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NY Barton RDJanuary 21, 2015
Greatbatch has always been one of the best companies in western new York. Until it went public. The new management, along with the "old school" knowledge of the good old boys working over 20 years made GB the worst experience of my career. A typical day at GB was being pressured to complete a task in the same amount of time as the worker next to you, that has been doing it for 20 years. Not faster!! Or they will get you. Not slower! Or bad review/raise. Do not offer ideas about better methods/faster production times/quality... or they WILL attack you. Raise time? Department managers are given a budget! Unheard of? Seniority will get double what newers will accept. The least, at 2% or so I think. The real management cannot know what is going on, or I believe they would stop it. The honest people at GB just need be asked. It is no secret. Hopefully the move out of NYS will come sooner than later.
Pros
Interesting products, flexible work scheduling, Vacation time. Communication meetings (tongue in cheek)
Cons
Future in NYS, Management, Culture, Hr, health insurance
Company is closing
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Beaverton OrDecember 1, 2014
Company is leaving in 2015. They give a lot of time off but only if your a full time employee. Not the greatest place to work for and they never promote from within. You get about 30 days of vacation a year but the benifits are the minimum for the state. They do occasionally give out prizes and rewards.
good place, excellent team players, office is nice
sales (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYOctober 27, 2013
good people
excellent managers
facilities beyond good
good benefits
good talent
Pros
managers
Cons
temps
Growing company yet struggling with people and financial issues.
Sr. Manager, Corporate Strategic Procurement (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYNovember 7, 2012
Greatbatch is a growing company. A typical day consists of supervising the negotiation of contracts, attending meetings, planning system and process improvemenst, and resolving legal and engineering issues as part of contract management.
Greatbatch is too lean in terms of people. This has resulted in low morale and people leaving the company. My staff is too lean to accomplish G&Os by at least two people, thus I an searching for a new position (similar role) with a different company.
Pros
highly educated people. solid brand name.
Cons
too lean in terms of people; too focused on immediate quarter's earnings.
Medical Inspection
Medical component Inspector B (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 27, 2012
I enojoyed working at this facility, I enjoyed working with my co workers. The owner interact with his employees he made us feel like family, health benefit were great. The job was secured unit we merged and the owner took sick now the company is in Mexico. I also enjoyed work with the microscopes and thw components that went inside pace makers. I have to say I really miss working for this company. I have not worked for another company like this since
Pros
great first owner, he was like a father figure
Cons
merge, moved to mexico, and lose of jobs