Greatbatch Employee Reviews in United States

Great company/ Horrible decisions
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 10, 2016
they outsourced the company to Tijuana, Mexico. other than that is was a great place to work. if you worked there you would understand....
Pros
everything
Cons
they left the USA
i like the company but not my co-workers because they speak their own language.They always talk their language even while wor
Medical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 15, 2015
-I really like working in greatbatch,I don't easily get tired cause I was sitting the whole day with the microscope.The supervisor is so cool and nice.
- as I've said,Greatbatch i a great company but not my co-workers,they talk a lot.
-they will relocate soon tha't why I'm looking for a new job
Line work
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Alden, NYMay 27, 2015
Good place, fast paced environment, assembling lithium iodine batteries using various machines to produce them, learning new things everyday.
Challenging
Sales, Marketing, Training, Finance (Current Employee) –  TXMay 7, 2015
Organization in midst of restructuring due to pricing pressures in market. Change regular - yearly occurrence. Competitive pressures in market driving short term decisions.
Second most money ever of career, worst company ever of career
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NY Barton RDJanuary 21, 2015
Greatbatch has always been one of the best companies in western new York. Until it went public. The new management, along with the "old school" knowledge of the good old boys working over 20 years made GB the worst experience of my career. A typical day at GB was being pressured to complete a task in the same amount of time as the worker next to you, that has been doing it for 20 years. Not faster!! Or they will get you. Not slower! Or bad review/raise. Do not offer ideas about better methods/faster production times/quality... or they WILL attack you. Raise time? Department managers are given a budget! Unheard of? Seniority will get double what newers will accept. The least, at 2% or so I think. The real management cannot know what is going on, or I believe they would stop it. The honest people at GB just need be asked. It is no secret. Hopefully the move out of NYS will come sooner than later.
Pros
interesting products, flexible work scheduling, vacation time. communication meetings (tongue in cheek)
Cons
future in nys, management, culture, hr, health insurance
Company is closing
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Beaverton OrDecember 1, 2014
Company is leaving in 2015. They give a lot of time off but only if your a full time employee. Not the greatest place to work for and they never promote from within. You get about 30 days of vacation a year but the benifits are the minimum for the state. They do occasionally give out prizes and rewards.
good place, excellent team players, office is nice
sales (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYOctober 27, 2013
good people
excellent managers
facilities beyond good
good benefits
good talent
Pros
managers
Cons
temps
Growing company yet struggling with people and financial issues.
Sr. Manager, Corporate Strategic Procurement (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYNovember 7, 2012
Greatbatch is a growing company. A typical day consists of supervising the negotiation of contracts, attending meetings, planning system and process improvemenst, and resolving legal and engineering issues as part of contract management.
Greatbatch is too lean in terms of people. This has resulted in low morale and people leaving the company. My staff is too lean to accomplish G&Os by at least two people, thus I an searching for a new position (similar role) with a different company.
Pros
highly educated people. solid brand name.
Cons
too lean in terms of people; too focused on immediate quarter's earnings.
Medical Inspection
Medical component Inspector B (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 27, 2012
I enojoyed working at this facility, I enjoyed working with my co workers. The owner interact with his employees he made us feel like family, health benefit were great. The job was secured unit we merged and the owner took sick now the company is in Mexico. I also enjoyed work with the microscopes and thw components that went inside pace makers. I have to say I really miss working for this company. I have not worked for another company like this since
Pros
great first owner, he was like a father figure
Cons
merge, moved to mexico, and lose of jobs