GreatCall Employee Reviews in United States

Greatcall
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 13, 2016
Everday at work felt like home. Everyone was incredibly nice, Had an amazing team to work with and Great supervisors and Managers.
GreatCall
Supervisor - Contact Center Services (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 2, 2016
GreatCall is a good company helping improve the lives of aging Americans. This is a demographic overlooked per daily technological advancements, but GreatCall does an excellent job of providing care of the customers.
Hostile Environment
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 25, 2016
There are several extrememly bad supervisors and managers in reno customer service. There's no ability to get help from HR if you make a complaint on how you're being treated and ask for help. Instead, they open up an investigation on you until they find something they can use to get you to shut up or you'll be fired.
Pros
Cons
Management, no sick days
Nice place to work when the ac is working and its not crazy hot
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 10, 2016
I worked for Greatcall in direct sales it was not easy because they want you to push their products like they're the best and up to date but there smartphones run on old operating systems and their big claim to fame is the 5star service which is just like 911 and after you pump up how great it is and how its going to save the`users life then at the end of the call you have to read a disclaimer that it's not a substitute for 911 and if a real emergency happens to call 911. There prices are expensive and there service plans cannot compete with most prepaid services.
Management was cool and I did have fun there you get to talk to a lot of older people and here about there lives and learn about the way things use to be. I would recommend them as employers the pay is good and the management is pretty cool.
Pros
good pay nice break rooms friendly managment
Cons
everything you do is monitored, and recorded they listen to every call thats made, and you have to meet their conversion or your out/fired
Dispatcher
5 Star Urgent response (Former Employee) –  Reno, NevadaMay 19, 2016
Very simple...do not ever get ill because IT IS subject to termination. My co workers were great , team that worked well together and had each others back, I think terminating someone for having Pneumonia because of the "come in or be fired" policy was very very awful corporate mentality to have towards its employees.
Pros
Cons
no compassion for their employees.
GreatCall Reno
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 18, 2016
This place is very well balanced. The culture is supportive and very friendly. It's not a typical call center where you're just another number. They work with you and you know where you stand.
Fun place to work
Operator Services (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 28, 2016
This company is a good place to work. You get to know your customers and the people I worked with were great. The job is pretty easy but can be a little stressful at times.
Pros
Company events
Cons
Shortened breaks
Customer Service Representative lvl.1 (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 21, 2016
greatcall was great when I first started but over time there were to many issues with management not including the consent changes in policy made the job extremely stress full
Terrible work environment
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 5, 2016
Never enjoyed working there. Took calls from seniors and we had to press them to buy our phone no matter what they said. We were graded on our calls and constantly threatened to be fired if we didn't follow their way.
Pros
Cons
worst work environment
Productive environment full of opportunity!
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2016
GreatCall is a great place to work and is rapidly growing! If you are interested in working at a place that provides competitive pay for a company its size, contribute to a meaningful work environment, learn practical skills that can be applied throughout your career, and gain confidence in your position, this is the place for you!

Individuals who are successful here are flexible and excited about change, creative problem solvers with strong judgment, team-players, and enthusiastic about the products and services we provide.
Pros
Work-life balance, Fun Coporate Environment, Practical Learning Experience
Cons
Limited telecommuting
Great job!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 21, 2015
I loved this job! you get more than enough training and you always have help after that. my supervisor was so helpful and very sweet. the pay is good enough. you talk to the elderly most of the day to assist them with working with their Jitterbug devices. Can be challenging. You get the rude customers of course but the sweet ones make up for it so much.
Pros
paid training
Cons
rude customers
Don't make a mistake
Direct sales rep. (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 18, 2015
They pressure to do good and make sales. Compensation is okay but if you make a mistake they don't give you a second chance.. They fire you! Everything you say is monitored and scored. Emails, ims, phone calls are all monitored. Management parties with employees outside of work and they play favortism.
This is not just a bashing review, I loved the company during my time as a temp but once I got hired on, things change. If you don't perform well they fire you! They micromange you. They make you feel like they support you but they don't once something goes wrong. People are just there for the money & some people like myself was there for the long haul but they could not see that.
If you do get hired, focus on you, do your job and dont make mistakes or your gone!

The money seems too good to be true! Idk about this company! Its brand new only 7years so idk!
Pros
Good money
Cons
Micromanged, no support, sketchy
Fast paced workplace that develops skills required for emergency dispatching
5 star urgent response agent II (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 1, 2015
Greatcall was a great place to work and learn emergency dispatching. Advancement is slow but opportunities do open up. I would recommend Greatcall for anyone looking to get into emergency dispatching.
5Star/Urgent Response Agent I (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 21, 2015
Great company! Advancement opportunities available but not for everyone

Have worked there for over 2 years but have not been given a pay increase since then
Great place to work with an awesome team of associates
Inbound Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 6, 2015
I had a wonderful time working for Greatcall, however the company relocated the call center to other locations. We were challenged with dealing with customers from all age ranges to receive excellent customer service for their Jitterbug cell phones. We also receive commission incentives for upselling additional products that the company offered, I was the leading sales / commission recipient for six months straight!
Pros
Commission, team challenges and excellent coaches
Cons
The contract was canceled causing many to look for other employment
Good Company Good People
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 6, 2015
Good Company To Work For. A lot of Incentives and Commission Is Good. Hour Lunches and Room Competitive Work Place. Point system keeps you accountable for you mistakes. Overall Good Experience and Good Selling Techniques
Pros
Hour Lunches, Base Plus Commission
Cons
Sitting All Day
Great Place to work
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 18, 2015
Great Management and work and time off balance. People are nice to work with. I would recommend this fast growing company.
na
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 10, 2015
The company started off by showing appreciation to all agents. It didn't take long before you felt unappreciative. The office manager would not open door to tell him about feelings and troubles on floor. Also no raises were provided even to long term agents.
n/a
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 27, 2015
I answered phone calls for technical support a lot a day. The job was strenuous and tedious. Repetition was the jobs biggest down fall.
Pros
fun
Cons
fun
Good company
Customer Service Rep/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 29, 2015
Great company but not valued as employee's. I learned a lot there and loved going to work everyday. The pay wasn't bad. Loved my coworkers. Management was not on same page.

2.6