Greater Baltimore Medical Center

Greater Baltimore Medical Center Employer Reviews

Patient Transportation
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Towson, MdNovember 27, 2014
Pros: patients, security, pay isn't too bad compared to other hospitals
Cons: lack of care for employees, prejudice not so much race but class and education
When I originally applied to GBMC I applied for a unit secretary position because most of my past work experience was secretarial. When I was called in for interview they offered me a patient transport position. Because I was desperate I accepted the position of patient transport thinking I could advance switching the organization.

I worked at GBMC – more... for 8months. I loved working with the patients and even some of my coworkers. But as a patient transporter your looked down on, nurses and faculty have no problem expressing that they think were incompetent. Still I was always able to smile through all that and continue to work hard.

I was hit in the eye with pole from a broken bariatric bedside commode causing my eye to swell, turn red, affected my vision, and later black eye. Because the incident happened on a unit the charge nurse had to fill out an incident report and so do I. I went to my supervisor she was unconcerned, refuse to let me go to the ER.

Even after following protocol and I wasn't look to file a law suit, I was no longer put on the schedule when I came in for my regular time I was sent home by the supervisor who told me I had to meet with my Director. I never could reach my Director, I called human resources and still the wild goose chance continue.

When I finally was contacted by my director I was fired and told because no call no show which wasn't true.

I was already disappointed because up until the incident I was getting praised for all my hard work from, nurses, Dr, patients..than to make matters worst I was given a bad reference to employers who were interested in hiring me. – less
Easy Job flow
Guest Relations Host (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 26, 2014
Cons: short beak + you have to pay for lunch
Good job overall, If you a person who can just keep it on a business level.
Secure workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Towson, MDNovember 10, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours
A typical day entailed receiving mail from the mailroom, opening and either processing or sending it to the right department for approval.
Inputting invoices into system and dealing with vendor and employee calls. Learned how to use the Lawson operating and groupwise systems.
professional work environment
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: laid back environment, quiet, peacefu
Cons: not enough hours
clean patient rooms upon discharge,changed bedding, sanitized instruments and room environment,
Smoke and mirrors - looks good until you are inside the organization
RN (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2014
Cutting costs on a regular basis. Talk is good about "just culture" but when all is said and done, HR is on management's side and if your department has to make cuts, it could be your job! The organization likes to look good, management says all the right things to make you think you have their support but then doesn't follow through when you are in – more... the trenches needing support. Lots of changes, and sadly not all for the good. Trust is not easily found in co-workers as everyone is worried about protecting their own position. Probably the inability to trust your co-worker contributes to a lack of team work, "silos", and frustration. Hard to make the changes that need to be made under current leadership. Hoped to stay until ready to stop working but looking...seriously looking now to leave. – less
I love working with my patients
Patient Services Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 7, 2014
I do all registration for a Neurology practice.
My manager is not very professional.
My co-workers are very professional.
OK
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Towson, MDSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: does not care about its employees
GBMC has shown time and time again that it does not care about its employees.
Excellent experience
Summer Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee), Towson, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Great coworkers. Warm and friendly environment. Clearly assigned tasks.
Just okay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 25, 2014
This is a nice hospital with nice people, but if you are looking to advance your nursing career this is not the place to do it. Not only is it too small but management does not really encourage people to strive for advancement. Managers are happy when everyone just stays where they are and doesn't expect anything.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Towson, MarylandAugust 23, 2014
Heavy inbound and outbounds calls with insurance companies and patients
Fun work place
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDAugust 19, 2014
Working at GBMC was a new and exciting challenge for me. I valued my coworkers and manager and could depend on them. The patients were pleasant. The hardest part of the work day was sending off the accounts for that day. The system was shutting down constantly and all I wished was that they found a better way of sending the information.
Review
Clinical Patient Liaison (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2014
• Initial assessment of a patient’s condition and review pertinent medical records
• Education of clients, family members, referral sources, and external payers regarding the effective and efficient utilization of program services and available resources
• Completes all required preadmission screening documentation to determine that services are appropriate, – more... reasonable and necessary
• Administer care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients
• Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition – less
Adjunct to my private practice
Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon / Dept of Otolarygology (Current Employee), Townson, MDJuly 23, 2014
I am Maintaining Privileges at GBMC Hospital for specialty surgical cases or patients of record that require Admission into the Hospital.
A Day at GBMC
Surgical Technologist, General Operating Room (Current Employee), Towson, MDJuly 10, 2014
Pros: work with great employees
Cons: pay
I'm in a dual position as a Administraive Assistant and a Certified Surgical technologist on an as needed basis.

I work with a great team both in Administration and in the GOR. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a part of a team and working through hardships and seeing the positive results at the end.
Heavy workload
PRN (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 7, 2014
Short staffed all the time. Management wasn't nice or concerned expect when it was dayshift. RN's were too busy to help. NST were expected to carry workload without help.
Nice place to work
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 17, 2014
Pros: 1 hoir break
Cons: personnel shortage
Physician answering service, no set rules
I had a crash course learning Help Desk
Enjoyed working with co-workers
Hardest part of my job was answering service
Excellent
Emergency Department Social Work Case Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 3, 2014
Wonderful coworkers and challenging environment. Miss my "work family" there.
Great for professional development but...............
Hospice aide (Former Employee), Home careMay 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hours aren't guaranteed
I gained a lot of education on hospice and palliative care. The only problem was that a hospice aide is a hourly position although the position may be full time your case load is dependent on the census. So if the patient census are low, so is your working hours and pay check! They will fail to tell you that during the interview process.
Great community hospital
Pediatric/Adult PACU/ Preop Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Sherwood Surgical CenterMay 4, 2014
The nurses who work at GBMC are very supportive of each other. It is a great community hospital
Fast Pace Productive Work Enviroment
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 25, 2014
Pros: great people to work with, permanent shifts, flexible
Cons: benefits are high, management constantly changing
I enjoy working the off shifts because it is less noisy. Overall the doctors are easy to work with and I enjoy the diversity among the co-workers and the cases we do. I can say that I truly enjoy my job.

1 2 3 4

About Greater Baltimore Medical Center

Greater Baltimore Medical Center, also known as GBMC, operates an integrated health system for residents of Baltimore and surrounding – Read more