Greater Baltimore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2017
Great teamwork and management is very involved with their staff. GBMC is very encouraging of continuing education and provides opportunities to do so.
Very productive and spontaneous work environment
Patient Access Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 4, 2017
Everyone is treated with the utmost respect and care. It could be seen as a family oriented work place to promote team work.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Horrible management
Reasonable work schedule
Rehab Program Assistant - Physical Therapy Unit (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 12, 2017
Good co-operative peers, teamwork. Management is willing to help employees advance in their careers, Doctors are easy to work with and respect the nursing staff.
Radiology Department
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 19, 2016
The current management of the Radiology Department at GBMC is horrible. Very poor communication skills, total disconnect from the departmental needs as a whole. There are times when you honestly wonder if the manager of the Diagnostic Department posseses the training or mental capacity to do the job. Scheduling is a nightmare. Requesting time off is barely an option. Moral is low there. There is rarely any praise for a job well done but, plenty of crticism from co-workers and your boss. So thankful to be away from there now.
Pros
no parking fees for employees
Cons
short staffed, poor management, difficulty getting days off, dirty work area
Epic Security Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 8, 2016
Great place to work. Friendly staff and management. Encouraged to grow professionally whether opportunities in-house or out.
Pros
Hours, staff, education..
Cons
Great place to be a part of a team
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Baltimore Medical CenterDecember 7, 2016
Great opportunity for growth in the health care field. If you are looking for variety in career opportunity and to gain strength in skills I would recommend GBMC.
Excellent work environment
Clinical Patient Liaison/EMT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 1, 2016
Friendly staff, always working together as a team to help patients. Very educated management you could always go to with questions.
Productive and rewarding
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medical LabNovember 29, 2016
This was a very good place to work. They have great benefits and offered a great schedule. I found it to be very stimulating and rewarding. I recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Par time only
Not my ideal work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2016
I worked at this hospital for 12 years, 4 years as a nurse. There are no visiting hours so visitors wander the halls 24/7, you only have to show ID for the mother baby units. The patient and their visitors are always right. Some employees have had valuables stolen from their lockers because people are allowed to roam around this place anytime. It's not very clean either. Some of my coworkers are nice to work with, others are miserable individuals. Lots of new managers that could care less about employees, if you have a complaint that's your problem not theirs. There is only room for advancement if you're friends with the right people. If they don't like you, you won't advance within the organization.
Pros
Decent benefit package
Cons
Short breaks, Low pay, Too many politics, Heavy workload, No chance for advancement
a very nice place to work
Receptionist Front Desk-Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 21, 2016
I always loved to match families with their new homes. I felt a special pride in showing families their new home for the first time.
I believed in the product(various apartments) and this came across with my passion to lease.
Worst person I ever worked with
PSA (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 8, 2016
Manager was ok. Coworker was horrible. Knew the job but NO people skills. Abrasive and verbally abusive.
Manager made excuses for her. Unbelievable.
Pros
One hour lunch
Decent place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 14, 2016
GBMC is good place to work for starters. I can't speak for all departments but there was really no room to move up the ladder, however, the pay would increase slightly over time. We were occasionally shown appreciation for our work by receiving free lunches and/or treats which was good. My biggest complaint is management. Management did not do well managing anything. You were constantly called on your days off because we were short staffed everyday.They would do anything just to keep the senior employees happy, even if it meant stepping over everyone else unfairly. New management came in and made things worse. Schedules were ruined, our work place rapidly changed, and patients were the unhappiest that I've ever seen(which made our job harder). New management gave me the impression that they've never done this before and were constantly confused. If supervisors were better the job would be as well.
Pros
Lunch, salary
Cons
Poor management, not enough staff
Very nice cafeteria
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 19, 2016
Greater Baltimore Medical Center is a very nice place to work. They are very attentive to their workers, there's advancement in the company regardless of your position.. just overall nice organization..
Pros
Nice Holiday parties
Cons
Long Hours
Beware!!!
RN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 17, 2016
This organization has a wonderful vision, "Treat your patient's as if they were your loved ones". No transparency, many silos, no growth unless you are liked. If you plan on working in this organization for a long time, move on to another. Their focus is to stay independent at the cost of the employee. Employees are silenced, urge to speak up, but when they do, beware!
Pros
Great patient care
Cons
Poor leadership from the top down for all departments.
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 16, 2016
By far the best place I have worked. Great team work, management supportive environment. Great compensation and opportunity to be the best one can be.
Pros
Recognition of good work done
Cons
Occasional short staffing
very employee health oriented
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 10, 2016
Greater Baltimore Medical Center is keenly interested in the health and safety of both patient and employee. However,solid management and leadership is lacking in many areas resulting in low moral and high turnover.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor management
Productive and easy going. I have been with GBMC for 10 years and I have worked in a variety of units. This hospital allows growth.
Otolaryngology (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 8, 2015
My job is very flexible and easy going. I work with a productive staff and we work well as a team. Management is great. I started as a Nurse Support Tech in 2005. I have gained plenty of skills. I worked my way to be a staffing coordinator, traveling Tech, and now I work in Otolaryngology as assistant to the nurse.
Great work/life balance but treatment varies
finance (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2015
I work in an administrative area, we are treated completely differently from that clinical employees. It is well known who is valuable to the company, and it isn't the overhead. Upper management is NOT very transparent and do not communicate well. This is a known issue and management are constantly being trained on communication. In my area, there is very little upward mobility. They do not promote for performance, you need to apply to an open position. It would be difficult to see myself here in 2-3 more years because I am interested in advancement and it is very difficult for administrative positions here.
Pros
work/life balance, flexible schedule, always able to take off
Cons
no recognition for good work, no advancement opportunities, no communication
Productive and fun workplace with supportive management
Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 2, 2015
A great place to personally grow and develop with a lot of room for advancement through education and certifications. The most enjoyable part of the job is functioning as a team.
Medical Surgical Rotation
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 2, 2015
It was a step down unit from the ICU. It was pretty busy for the most part. Most of the time the unit would be full. Therefore I gained a lot of hands on experience as a nursing student.The nursing team was
Pros
Nurse-patient Ratio, Nurses
Cons
short breaks at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greater Baltimore Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Greater Baltimore Medical Center Reviews by Location