Greater Baltimore Medical Center

Greater Baltimore Medical Center Employee Reviews

GBMC
Registered Staff Nurse Emergency (Former Employee), TOWSON MDJune 9, 2015
Pros: GREAT BENEFITS
Cons: SMALL MIND ADMINISTRATION
THE STAFF TO SOME DEGREE ARE PLEASANT BUT THE ONES THAT ARE PLEASANT ARE NOT IN CHARGE. THERE ARE NOT A LOT OF EDUCATED RN WITH A BACHELORS DEGREE BUT THEY SEEM TO PROMOTE INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE LESS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE.
Nice place to work, great co-workers
Nursing Assistant Postpartum (Former Employee), Towson, MDJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free parking
Cons: Management
I worked in post-partum, I loved working with new parents and teaching them how to take care of their newborn. I enjoyed interacting with the babies as well.
The atmosphere at this company is fun, loving and caring . It is a great Enviroment to work in....Love it!!!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MdFebruary 10, 2015
Typical day at work, is setting up and stocking my exam rooms. Triaging patients, inputting data, performing Injections, EKG's, doing Cultures, setting up the lab, pulling sending prescriptions off the Rx line, taking & receiving calls along with other administrative duties. I Always make myself accessible and available for my Doctor and co workers when needed. I enjoy the service of helping others or just putting a smile on someone face. My job is to Smile, be a listener, console, and provide and demonstrate a good work ethic.
great experience!
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: travel from home too far
the experience was exactly what I needed. The staff was professional
and kind. I loved working there. I met so many wonderful nurses and doctors who went out of there way to explain everything to me.
Experience
Registered Nurse- ICU (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2015
Provided a great experience for advancement and knowledge
Productive and flexible work environment - team oriented atmosphere.
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 13, 2015
I managed patient files for oncology clinical trials, followed-up with patients on active protocol and those in follow-up to fill out case report forms and report on any adverse events. I was also responsible for all regulatory submissions to the IRB for the protocols I managed.
Its a great place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: they give you free lunch.
Cons: if your relief callout you will have to stay ftand work the next shi
There is a very good work place. The staff work close together.
Very Frendly Environment
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Great place to work. Nice people. The CEO of the hospital is very pleasant also. They treat patients very well! A lot of room for advancement, and they like to hire from within. People stay at GBMC for a long time because its a great facility. Join the club!
Patient Care
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Towson, MDDecember 26, 2014
While I enjoy working for this facility, I do not always feel part of a team. Sometimes I feel that we as techs are not rewarded as much as the other members of the healthcare team. More work is handed to us but less pay is given.
I appreciate the opportunty to be able to share my work history and skills
Nursing Support Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore. MarylandDecember 12, 2014
I have learned in my almost 20yrs. in health care, you have to be flexible Also, if you can't learn at least one thing positive from your co-work or even your patient or client something is wrong,
Patient Transportation
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Towson, MdNovember 27, 2014
Pros: patients, security, pay isn't too bad compared to other hospitals
Cons: lack of care for employees, prejudice not so much race but class and education
When I originally applied to GBMC I applied for a unit secretary position because most of my past work experience was secretarial. When I was called in for interview they offered me a patient transport position. Because I was desperate I accepted the position of patient transport thinking I could advance switching the organization.

I worked at GBMC for 8months. I loved working with the patients and even some of my coworkers. But as a patient transporter your looked down on, nurses and faculty have no problem expressing that they think were incompetent. Still I was always able to smile through all that and continue to work hard.

I was hit in the eye with pole from a broken bariatric bedside commode causing my eye to swell, turn red, affected my vision, and later black eye. Because the incident happened on a unit the charge nurse had to fill out an incident report and so do I. I went to my supervisor she was unconcerned, refuse to let me go to the ER.

Even after following protocol and I wasn't look to file a law suit, I was no longer put on the schedule when I came in for my regular time I was sent home by the supervisor who told me I had to meet with my Director. I never could reach my Director, I called human resources and still the wild goose chance continue.

When I finally was contacted by my director I was fired and told because no call no show which wasn't true.

I was already disappointed because up until the incident I was getting praised for all my hard work from, nurses, Dr, patients..than to make matters worst I was given a bad reference to employers who were interested in hiring me.
Easy Job flow
Guest Relations Host (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 26, 2014
Cons: short beak + you have to pay for lunch
Good job overall, If you a person who can just keep it on a business level.
Secure workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Towson, MDNovember 10, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours
A typical day entailed receiving mail from the mailroom, opening and either processing or sending it to the right department for approval.
Inputting invoices into system and dealing with vendor and employee calls. Learned how to use the Lawson operating and groupwise systems.
professional work environment
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: laid back environment, quiet, peacefu
Cons: not enough hours
clean patient rooms upon discharge,changed bedding, sanitized instruments and room environment,
Smoke and mirrors - looks good until you are inside the organization
RN (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2014
Cutting costs on a regular basis. Talk is good about "just culture" but when all is said and done, HR is on management's side and if your department has to make cuts, it could be your job! The organization likes to look good, management says all the right things to make you think you have their support but then doesn't follow through when you are in the trenches needing support. Lots of changes, and sadly not all for the good. Trust is not easily found in co-workers as everyone is worried about protecting their own position. Probably the inability to trust your co-worker contributes to a lack of team work, "silos", and frustration. Hard to make the changes that need to be made under current leadership. Hoped to stay until ready to stop working but looking...seriously looking now to leave.
I love working with my patients
Patient Services Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 7, 2014
I do all registration for a Neurology practice.
My manager is not very professional.
My co-workers are very professional.
OK
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Towson, MDSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: does not care about its employees
GBMC has shown time and time again that it does not care about its employees.
Excellent experience
Summer Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee), Towson, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Great coworkers. Warm and friendly environment. Clearly assigned tasks.
Just okay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 25, 2014
This is a nice hospital with nice people, but if you are looking to advance your nursing career this is not the place to do it. Not only is it too small but management does not really encourage people to strive for advancement. Managers are happy when everyone just stays where they are and doesn't expect anything.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Towson, MarylandAugust 23, 2014
Heavy inbound and outbounds calls with insurance companies and patients

1 2 3 4

About Greater Baltimore Medical Center

Greater Baltimore Medical Center, also known as GBMC, operates an integrated health system for residents of Baltimore and surrounding – Read more

Greater Baltimore Medical Center Salaries