Greater Baltimore Medical Center

Greater Baltimore Medical Center Employer Reviews

A pleasant place to work where my hard work was appreciated
Transcription Coordinator (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 2, 2014
Pros: a wonderful boss, a pleasant atmosphere and flexible hours
Cons: none that would impact my job
I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience at GBMC as Transcription Coordinator. I supervised 19 transcriptionists and was a transcription myself as well. The work was plentiful and challenging but was eventually outsourced.
GBMC is a great place for a career
Employee (Current Employee), Towson, MDMarch 25, 2014
GBMC has a great sr leadership team who are always seeking the best ways for improvement. The employee's are always smiling and friendly. I've been here for 2 years and will be here for many more to come.
Stressful Job
Secretary (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandMarch 3, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: low wages, no grace period, short breaks, uncaring management
I thought I would advance with this company, but I'm quitting. Management has unrealistic rules and regulations. There is no grace period. If you are a minute or two late because of snow you will be written up. They do not accept doctor's notes so do not become sick you will be written up. Very stressful.

Also the hospital's intensive floor close all – more... the time which mean you will be canceled quite a bit. And the floors stay closed for weeks sometimes. – less
negative work environment
RN (Current Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: everything else
terrible place. They are losing good employees because HR is pro-management. Still employeed but aggressively attempting to get a new position, hopefully within the next two weeks. Really ashame. Was hoping to be at GBMC for the rest of my career.

Upper Management is all contracted. Walk around the hospital acting like they are working with the masses....not – more... so much. – less
Serious about improving patient quality
Network and Telecommunications Manager (Current Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: healthcare, sense of mission is strong
Cons: independent hospital in a highly competitive area
The leadership is focused on improving patient quality for every visit.
Fast paced medical environment
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2014
Collecting specimens at different intervals during the day, learned to become a better and more skilled technician, hardest part was having to collect from a patient with difficult veins
Staff Nurse
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 7, 2013
Emergency room nurse. This was a new department that had just opened at the hospital.
Oncology Staff RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Towson, MDOctober 31, 2013
Pros: good electronic resources at hospital
Cons: cncology, but not research
Registered Nurse
• Provided nursing services to general medical and medical oncology patients on the inpatient oncology unit.
• Services included: education, chemotherapy administration, and monitoring patients on standard chemotherapy and research protocols.
• Met age-related needs of patients based on growth and development norms.
Hostile work environment because of one staff member
Therapist (Former Employee), TherapyOctober 16, 2013
Pros: the patients that i worked with, great benefits, great salary
Cons: worked through most lunches, stayed late, under appreciated, biased manager
Manager was great to work with and was a visionary but lacked the unbiased skills that a manager should have. Human Resources was unsupported and biased towards the institution and was NOT helpful in assisting in problem solving my two concerns. Two issues remained unresolved despite my desire to want to resolve them until the day I left. About 80% – more... of the time worked through lunch and about 60% of the time stayed late to complete the work. Unsupported by the manager, medical director and office manager for all the positive work that was done. Two other current employees feel the same way. Was reprimanded for every little thing that you didn't do, should have done or DIDN'T know that you should do because you weren't instruction and there wasn't a departmental policy manual to use as a reference. Had to work with a staff member that constantly was undermining my abilities and skills. Liked all my co-workers except this person who was a bully and supported by my manager. Best thing about the job was the patients that I worked with. They gave me a lot of positive feedback and support about their care. Good benefits, great facility overall but not this department from my perspective but patient care is excellent. Many excellent staff that are caring and compassionate towards the patients. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Director of Admissions and Social Work (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 3, 2013
Very friendly staff. very supportive team. I learned a lot about acute care setting. very fun place to work. loved it!
Interesting
Senior Security Officer (Former Employee), Towson, MDAugust 29, 2013
Hospital was an adventure to work for, because you dealt with different issues everyday.
Horribly mismanaged
Radiology (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 23, 2013
Pros: many of the staff still care about patients
Cons: hostile working environment, incompetent management
Coworkers are great, unfortunately many of them are fired for no other reason than being a few minutes late too often. Management "solves" problems by making new ones, does not listen to employees, treats you with animosity. And the whole place is terribly dirty.
Great Place to work- Family Atmosphere
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Towson, MDAugust 8, 2013
Pros: no weekends except for assigned call
Cons: lack of coverage, compensation sucks
I love love working here and enjoy everyone that I work with.
My only and biggest complaint is the rate of pay and lack of raises. I took a drastic pay cut relocating to this hospital and was told I would be paid one amount per hour and once I got there and signed the paperwork it was something totally different. I do not feel like the rate of pay matches – more... the cost of living in MD. – less
Inpatient and Outpatient Services
Internship (Former Employee), Greater Baltimore Medical CenterJuly 20, 2013
As an Intern, assisted in the intake process and counseling of chemically dependent patients
Registered Nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), marylandJuly 3, 2013
Pros: interacting with patients.
Cons: as needed position
I assess patients. Keep track of vital information. Give medication.. My co-workers are helpful. The hardest part of the job can be the patient to nurse ratio. I enjoy making others feel better and get back to their baseline.
Overall, a nice hospital
Care Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore MDJune 19, 2013
The co-workers are great to work with. Care Management Dept not managed well. Lacks flexibility.
Level 3B NICU
Staff Nurse- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee), Towson, MDJune 6, 2013
•Coordinate direct nursing care and resources for assigned shifts
•Manage patient service issues and service recovery for the NICU
•Supervise, train, and provide effective leadership to nursing staff
•Provide patient care for complex premature infants with multisystem dysfunction
•IV placement
•Provide parent education for high risk infants and discharge – more... preparation
•Conduct unit audits-transferring of care, 24hr chart review, protocol compliance
•Conduct policy rollout education
•Pre and post-operative care of critically ill neonates – less
Great people and enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 12, 2013
Learned a lot from the nurses and physicians. Lots of hands-on opportunities to practice skills and become competent. Enjoyed working with different types of patients and being a part of their post-op recovery.
works with fast paced patients
Clinical (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 2, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: can't get vacations when you request them
I developed better conflict resolution skills. Scheuled from 9-5 and worked with all populations.
Hostile Work environment
RN (Former Employee), TowsonFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: nothing.
Cons: noneducated managers.
I think this place was created by very hostile work environment!!! They should be train first their managers and also their HR department employees.Please, stay away from this place, NOT good place to work...

1 2 3

About Greater Baltimore Medical Center

Greater Baltimore Medical Center, also known as GBMC, operates an integrated health system for residents of Baltimore and surrounding – Read more