Greater Baltimore Medical Center

Greater Baltimore Medical Center Employer Reviews

Smoke and mirrors - looks good until you are inside the organization
RN (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2014
Cutting costs on a regular basis. Talk is good about "just culture" but when all is said and done, HR is on management's side and if your department has to make cuts, it could be your job! The organization likes to look good, management says all the right things to make you think you have their support but then doesn't follow through when you are in – more... the trenches needing support. Lots of changes, and sadly not all for the good. Trust is not easily found in co-workers as everyone is worried about protecting their own position. Probably the inability to trust your co-worker contributes to a lack of team work, "silos", and frustration. Hard to make the changes that need to be made under current leadership. Hoped to stay until ready to stop working but looking...seriously looking now to leave. – less
I love working with my patients
Patient Services Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 7, 2014
I do all registration for a Neurology practice.
My manager is not very professional.
My co-workers are very professional.
OK
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Towson, MDSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: does not care about its employees
GBMC has shown time and time again that it does not care about its employees.
Excellent experience
Summer Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee), Towson, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Great coworkers. Warm and friendly environment. Clearly assigned tasks.
Just okay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 25, 2014
This is a nice hospital with nice people, but if you are looking to advance your nursing career this is not the place to do it. Not only is it too small but management does not really encourage people to strive for advancement. Managers are happy when everyone just stays where they are and doesn't expect anything.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Towson, MarylandAugust 23, 2014
Heavy inbound and outbounds calls with insurance companies and patients
Fun work place
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDAugust 19, 2014
Working at GBMC was a new and exciting challenge for me. I valued my coworkers and manager and could depend on them. The patients were pleasant. The hardest part of the work day was sending off the accounts for that day. The system was shutting down constantly and all I wished was that they found a better way of sending the information.
Review
Clinical Patient Liaison (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2014
• Initial assessment of a patient’s condition and review pertinent medical records
• Education of clients, family members, referral sources, and external payers regarding the effective and efficient utilization of program services and available resources
• Completes all required preadmission screening documentation to determine that services are appropriate, – more... reasonable and necessary
• Administer care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients
• Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition – less
Adjunct to my private practice
Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon / Dept of Otolarygology (Current Employee), Townson, MDJuly 23, 2014
I am Maintaining Privileges at GBMC Hospital for specialty surgical cases or patients of record that require Admission into the Hospital.
A Day at GBMC
Surgical Technologist, General Operating Room (Current Employee), Towson, MDJuly 10, 2014
Pros: work with great employees
Cons: pay
I'm in a dual position as a Administraive Assistant and a Certified Surgical technologist on an as needed basis.

I work with a great team both in Administration and in the GOR. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a part of a team and working through hardships and seeing the positive results at the end.
Heavy workload
PRN (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 7, 2014
Short staffed all the time. Management wasn't nice or concerned expect when it was dayshift. RN's were too busy to help. NST were expected to carry workload without help.
Nice place to work
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 17, 2014
Pros: 1 hoir break
Cons: personnel shortage
Physician answering service, no set rules
I had a crash course learning Help Desk
Enjoyed working with co-workers
Hardest part of my job was answering service
Excellent
Emergency Department Social Work Case Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 3, 2014
Wonderful coworkers and challenging environment. Miss my "work family" there.
Great for professional development but...............
Hospice aide (Former Employee), Home careMay 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hours aren't guaranteed
I gained a lot of education on hospice and palliative care. The only problem was that a hospice aide is a hourly position although the position may be full time your case load is dependent on the census. So if the patient census are low, so is your working hours and pay check! They will fail to tell you that during the interview process.
Great community hospital
Pediatric/Adult PACU/ Preop Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Sherwood Surgical CenterMay 4, 2014
The nurses who work at GBMC are very supportive of each other. It is a great community hospital
Fast Pace Productive Work Enviroment
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 25, 2014
Pros: great people to work with, permanent shifts, flexible
Cons: benefits are high, management constantly changing
I enjoy working the off shifts because it is less noisy. Overall the doctors are easy to work with and I enjoy the diversity among the co-workers and the cases we do. I can say that I truly enjoy my job.
Absolutely loved working here
Nursing Student I & II; Student Nurse Tech (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2014
Pros: long breaks, good co-workers, good management, clean hospital
I worked here as a CNA. The hospital was always clean and everyone was so friendly! I learned a lot about working with OR patients as well as the care of these patients before and after their procedures. My co-workers were fantastic, they were mostly older women but they were very kind and helpful when it came to teaching the CNAs new things. The hardest – more... part of the job was probably making sure everything got done in an adequate amount of time since the unit was only a daytime unit and everyone was supposed to leave by late afternoon to early evening. All in all I can't complain about working for GBMC it was a fantastic experience. – less
A pleasant place to work where my hard work was appreciated
Transcription Coordinator (Former Employee), Towson, MDApril 2, 2014
Pros: a wonderful boss, a pleasant atmosphere and flexible hours
Cons: none that would impact my job
I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience at GBMC as Transcription Coordinator. I supervised 19 transcriptionists and was a transcription myself as well. The work was plentiful and challenging but was eventually outsourced.
GBMC is a great place for a career
Employee (Current Employee), Towson, MDMarch 25, 2014
GBMC has a great sr leadership team who are always seeking the best ways for improvement. The employee's are always smiling and friendly. I've been here for 2 years and will be here for many more to come.
Stressful Job
Secretary (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandMarch 3, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: low wages, no grace period, short breaks, uncaring management
I thought I would advance with this company, but I'm quitting. Management has unrealistic rules and regulations. There is no grace period. If you are a minute or two late because of snow you will be written up. They do not accept doctor's notes so do not become sick you will be written up. Very stressful.

Also the hospital's intensive floor close all – more... the time which mean you will be canceled quite a bit. And the floors stay closed for weeks sometimes. – less

1 2 3 4

About Greater Baltimore Medical Center

Greater Baltimore Medical Center, also known as GBMC, operates an integrated health system for residents of Baltimore and surrounding – Read more