Greater Baltimore Medical Center

Greater Baltimore Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great People
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2015
Facility was great, everyone worked together as a team during the night shift as resources are somewhat limited during those hours.
another review
Mid-Level Medical/Surgical Hospitalist (Former Employee), towson, MDJuly 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
If at first you fail, try, try again. If that doesn't work then cheat. Ha Ha. Of course you don't cheat as cheaters never win and winners never cheat.
Home environment, comfortable, transcribed at home.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2015
Pros: working at home, flexible hours, overtime
Cons: Difficult dictators
Set up work station with medical reference books and sign into computer under my name.

Transcribe medical reports including discharge summaries, operative notes, consultations and history and physical exams.

Be available to help co workers by phone or email with challenging words or unclear dictation.

Co-workers all worked at home but we met at holidays and enjoyed each other's company.

Management was fair and appreciative of our hard work and very supportive.

The hardest part of the job was the ESL (English as second language) physicians who dictated.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about medical issues and how they are treated. Work was very interesting.
co-workers
Registered Nurse - Medical/Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2015
Were generally pretty nice and helped out new employees. Everyone was willing to show you around the job facility which provided a nice transition into the company.
Nice Community Hospital
Patient Accounting (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 5, 2015
GBMC is a nice community hospital in which the patient comes first. The job was never overly stressful, and I rarely after kept that stress after clocking out. The hospital provides ample opportunities for employees, as I was able to transfer between departments for my own interest and personal growth.
Enjoyable work environment.
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Towson, MDJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free parking
A typical day at work at GBMC was always a positive experience, for the most part. ?The majority of co-workers were nice, friendly informative individuals. It was truly a family feel with exceptional team work. Management was not the best, but as for nurses and nursing support technicians, I couldn't have asked for a better team.
GBMC
Registered Staff Nurse Emergency (Former Employee), TOWSON MDJune 9, 2015
Pros: GREAT BENEFITS
Cons: SMALL MIND ADMINISTRATION
THE STAFF TO SOME DEGREE ARE PLEASANT BUT THE ONES THAT ARE PLEASANT ARE NOT IN CHARGE. THERE ARE NOT A LOT OF EDUCATED RN WITH A BACHELORS DEGREE BUT THEY SEEM TO PROMOTE INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE LESS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE.
Nice place to work, great co-workers
Nursing Assistant Postpartum (Former Employee), Towson, MDJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free parking
Cons: Management
I worked in post-partum, I loved working with new parents and teaching them how to take care of their newborn. I enjoyed interacting with the babies as well.
The atmosphere at this company is fun, loving and caring . It is a great Enviroment to work in....Love it!!!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MdFebruary 10, 2015
Typical day at work, is setting up and stocking my exam rooms. Triaging patients, inputting data, performing Injections, EKG's, doing Cultures, setting up the lab, pulling sending prescriptions off the Rx line, taking & receiving calls along with other administrative duties. I Always make myself accessible and available for my Doctor and co workers when needed. I enjoy the service of helping others or just putting a smile on someone face. My job is to Smile, be a listener, console, and provide and demonstrate a good work ethic.
great experience!
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: travel from home too far
the experience was exactly what I needed. The staff was professional
and kind. I loved working there. I met so many wonderful nurses and doctors who went out of there way to explain everything to me.
Experience
Registered Nurse- ICU (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2015
Provided a great experience for advancement and knowledge
Productive and flexible work environment - team oriented atmosphere.
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 13, 2015
I managed patient files for oncology clinical trials, followed-up with patients on active protocol and those in follow-up to fill out case report forms and report on any adverse events. I was also responsible for all regulatory submissions to the IRB for the protocols I managed.
Its a great place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: they give you free lunch.
Cons: if your relief callout you will have to stay ftand work the next shi
There is a very good work place. The staff work close together.
Very Frendly Environment
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee), Towson, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Great place to work. Nice people. The CEO of the hospital is very pleasant also. They treat patients very well! A lot of room for advancement, and they like to hire from within. People stay at GBMC for a long time because its a great facility. Join the club!
Patient Care
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Towson, MDDecember 26, 2014
While I enjoy working for this facility, I do not always feel part of a team. Sometimes I feel that we as techs are not rewarded as much as the other members of the healthcare team. More work is handed to us but less pay is given.
I appreciate the opportunty to be able to share my work history and skills
Nursing Support Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore. MarylandDecember 12, 2014
I have learned in my almost 20yrs. in health care, you have to be flexible Also, if you can't learn at least one thing positive from your co-work or even your patient or client something is wrong,
Patient Transportation
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Towson, MdNovember 27, 2014
Pros: patients, security, pay isn't too bad compared to other hospitals
Cons: lack of care for employees, prejudice not so much race but class and education
When I originally applied to GBMC I applied for a unit secretary position because most of my past work experience was secretarial. When I was called in for interview they offered me a patient transport position. Because I was desperate I accepted the position of patient transport thinking I could advance switching the organization.

I worked at GBMC for 8months. I loved working with the patients and even some of my coworkers. But as a patient transporter your looked down on, nurses and faculty have no problem expressing that they think were incompetent. Still I was always able to smile through – more... all that and continue to work hard.

I was hit in the eye with pole from a broken bariatric bedside commode causing my eye to swell, turn red, affected my vision, and later black eye. Because the incident happened on a unit the charge nurse had to fill out an incident report and so do I. I went to my supervisor she was unconcerned, refuse to let me go to the ER.

Even after following protocol and I wasn't look to file a law suit, I was no longer put on the schedule when I came in for my regular time I was sent home by the supervisor who told me I had to meet with my Director. I never could reach my Director, I called human resources and still the wild goose chance continue.

When I finally was contacted by my director I was fired and told because no call no show which wasn't true.

I was already disappointed because up until the incident I was getting praised for all my hard work from, nurses, Dr, patients..than to make matters worst I was given a bad reference to employers who were interested in hiring me. – less
Easy Job flow
Guest Relations Host (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 26, 2014
Cons: short beak + you have to pay for lunch
Good job overall, If you a person who can just keep it on a business level.
Secure workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Towson, MDNovember 10, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours
A typical day entailed receiving mail from the mailroom, opening and either processing or sending it to the right department for approval.
Inputting invoices into system and dealing with vendor and employee calls. Learned how to use the Lawson operating and groupwise systems.
professional work environment
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2014
Pros: laid back environment, quiet, peacefu
Cons: not enough hours
clean patient rooms upon discharge,changed bedding, sanitized instruments and room environment,
Industry