Greater Baltimore Medical Center

Greater Baltimore Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Very nice cafeteria
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 19, 2016
Greater Baltimore Medical Center is a very nice place to work. They are very attentive to their workers, there's advancement in the company regardless of your position.. just overall nice organization..
Pros
Nice Holiday parties
Cons
Long Hours
Beware!!!
RN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 17, 2016
This organization has a wonderful vision, "Treat your patient's as if they were your loved ones". No transparency, many silos, no growth unless you are liked. If you plan on working in this organization for a long time, move on to another. Their focus is to stay independent at the cost of the employee. Employees are silenced, urge to speak up, but when they do, beware!
Pros
Great patient care
Cons
Poor leadership from the top down for all departments.
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 16, 2016
By far the best place I have worked. Great team work, management supportive environment. Great compensation and opportunity to be the best one can be.
Pros
Recognition of good work done
Cons
Occasional short staffing
very employee health oriented
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 10, 2016
Greater Baltimore Medical Center is keenly interested in the health and safety of both patient and employee. However,solid management and leadership is lacking in many areas resulting in low moral and high turnover.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor management
Productive and easy going. I have been with GBMC for 10 years and I have worked in a variety of units. This hospital allows growth.
Otolaryngology (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 8, 2015
My job is very flexible and easy going. I work with a productive staff and we work well as a team. Management is great. I started as a Nurse Support Tech in 2005. I have gained plenty of skills. I worked my way to be a staffing coordinator, traveling Tech, and now I work in Otolaryngology as assistant to the nurse.
Great work/life balance but treatment varies
finance (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2015
I work in an administrative area, we are treated completely differently from that clinical employees. It is well known who is valuable to the company, and it isn't the overhead. Upper management is NOT very transparent and do not communicate well. This is a known issue and management are constantly being trained on communication. In my area, there is very little upward mobility. They do not promote for performance, you need to apply to an open position. It would be difficult to see myself here in 2-3 more years because I am interested in advancement and it is very difficult for administrative positions here.
Pros
work/life balance, flexible schedule, always able to take off
Cons
no recognition for good work, no advancement opportunities, no communication
Productive and fun workplace with supportive management
Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 2, 2015
A great place to personally grow and develop with a lot of room for advancement through education and certifications. The most enjoyable part of the job is functioning as a team.
Medical Surgical Rotation
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 2, 2015
It was a step down unit from the ICU. It was pretty busy for the most part. Most of the time the unit would be full. Therefore I gained a lot of hands on experience as a nursing student.The nursing team was
Pros
Nurse-patient Ratio, Nurses
Cons
short breaks at times.
Practice Management
Practice Manager II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore CountyOctober 5, 2015
Great place to work! Great people, leaders and quality organization.

Focus is on superior experience of the patient. Excellent customer service and continuous improvement prorgams.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Not much upward movement.
Good company
Senior Disbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  MDSeptember 29, 2015
Had fun working at GBMC. Working with my coworkers was great and enjoyable. Had some of best Manager in the Accounts Payable Department.
Pros
Great hospital
Cons
Not enough flexiblity in schedule
Busy nursing floor
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MDAugust 11, 2015
I worked on a very busy labor and delivery unit. We had good teamwork and co workers worked well together. Management is going through changes right now that are not the best thing for the unit.
Different departments have team leaders and presidents who support co-workers in outings, games, luncheons, and creative activities
Anatomic Pathology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2015
During a typical work day, my co-workers and I work together as a team in order to demonstrate time management along with consistency of the work-flow. I have experienced working together can be somewhat of a challenge and rewarding; not hard. A challenge because of staying focus and moving the work through it's final completion. What I enjoy is at the end of the day, we manage to complete all of the work leaving none behind or stagnated.
Pros
Every so often, our employer supports the employees with a free lunch meal ticket.
Cons
The breaks are very relaxing, gives one the opportunity to re-group.
Great People
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2015
Facility was great, everyone worked together as a team during the night shift as resources are somewhat limited during those hours.
another review
Mid-Level Medical/Surgical Hospitalist (Former Employee) –  towson, MDJuly 24, 2015
If at first you fail, try, try again. If that doesn't work then cheat. Ha Ha. Of course you don't cheat as cheaters never win and winners never cheat.
Pros
Cons
everything
Home environment, comfortable, transcribed at home.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2015
Set up work station with medical reference books and sign into computer under my name.

Transcribe medical reports including discharge summaries, operative notes, consultations and history and physical exams.

Be available to help co workers by phone or email with challenging words or unclear dictation.

Co-workers all worked at home but we met at holidays and enjoyed each other's company.

Management was fair and appreciative of our hard work and very supportive.

The hardest part of the job was the ESL (English as second language) physicians who dictated.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about medical issues and how they are treated. Work was very interesting.
Pros
working at home, flexible hours, overtime
Cons
Difficult dictators
co-workers
Registered Nurse - Medical/Psychiatric Unit (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2015
Were generally pretty nice and helped out new employees. Everyone was willing to show you around the job facility which provided a nice transition into the company.
Nice Community Hospital
Patient Accounting (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 5, 2015
GBMC is a nice community hospital in which the patient comes first. The job was never overly stressful, and I rarely after kept that stress after clocking out. The hospital provides ample opportunities for employees, as I was able to transfer between departments for my own interest and personal growth.
Enjoyable work environment.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 29, 2015
A typical day at work at GBMC was always a positive experience, for the most part. ?The majority of co-workers were nice, friendly informative individuals. It was truly a family feel with exceptional team work. Management was not the best, but as for nurses and nursing support technicians, I couldn't have asked for a better team.
Pros
Free parking
Gbmc
Registered Staff Nurse Emergency (Former Employee) –  TOWSON MDJune 9, 2015
The staff to some degree are pleasant but the ones that are pleasant are not in charge. There are not a lot of educated rn with a bachelors degree but they seem to promote individuals who have less education and experience.
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS
Cons
SMALL MIND ADMINISTRATION
Nice place to work, great co-workers
Nursing Assistant Postpartum (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 1, 2015
I worked in post-partum, I loved working with new parents and teaching them how to take care of their newborn. I enjoyed interacting with the babies as well.
Pros
Free parking

Greater Baltimore Medical Center Reviews by Location