Greater Baltimore Medical Center Employee Reviews

personal opinion
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  phoneix, MDDecember 15, 2017
I would not recommend working here, they do not care about their employees. well at least some of the smaller offices. one in particular. don't get me wrong there are some good offices , but the pay will always suck and don't even think about asking for a raise. also GBMC is slightly racist . so just a heads up
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working at GBMC and I definitely would work there again. The benefits were good and the pay was competitive. They really focus on patient care.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Management was bad
Stressful enviroment
Lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 13, 2017
very stressful environment after management changes. Very high turn overrate. Cut throat staff and management. Money motivated company not patient centered
Slow Pace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 27, 2017
Was a great work environment; slow pace. Easy to manage work. I learned the basics to office work checking in patient's and doing data entry and room prepping for the provider.
great hospital
nursing support technician (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 22, 2017
very caring staff that gives great service ... this is my moms favorite hospital I worked on the telemetry unit ... I enjoyed caring for the patients . I had a great team of nurses and nursing support tech to work with
Pros
great team of medical people loved it
Cons
no cons
Externship
Externship (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills GBMCNovember 8, 2017
The team worked well together as a group dynamic. First and foremost, I have grateful to the many people who have mentored, modeled, and taught us the meaning of teamwork during the externship period. I accomplished a specific task that is related to the common goal of the team. Conversation and meeting with resonant leaders leave us as members to feeling excited about being part of the team an encouraged about our new tasks.
Pros
relationship positive and empowering lead to feeling of trust and growth
Cons
Unfortunatley, extership adjourning too fast
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 21, 2017
Slow pace, no advancement for me, no team work within the department. No support for our department. Management was slow to work with our department.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Friendly work environment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 18, 2017
I worked part-time so my work hours were flexible. I could work day shift or night shift. It was awesome at the time because e I was in school full time.
Pros
free parking
fun place to work
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 16, 2017
busy and long hours of work. Short staffed at least 80% of the time. high turnovers. low pay rate. Lack of diversity. Management needs improvement.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co workers. they are team players
Pros
team players
Cons
low pay, short staff
Great place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2017
I was working in PCU unit which by the nature of it is more stressful than most other units. At least that is what I was told by the people working there, since I personally did not float to other units often. People working there ware fair, great management and over all job was educational and rewarding.
Pros
Working night shift you get to miss a lot of day shift drama
Cons
Day shift drama that you can get at times from few unhappy nurses

Want to know more about Greater Baltimore Medical Center?

Ask a question
Frustrating and stressful environment.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 6, 2017
Beware, extremely hostile work place. Threatened with violence - twice. Even once by a contractor. Management did nothing to enforce their policy against violence in the work place. Favoritism, bias and collusion are the norm. You can give your knowledge and experience, it's not worth anything.
Pros
Free Parking and Manditory Flu Shots
Cons
Work Schedule, Over Time Policy
Great place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 4, 2017
Great place to work depending on shift. Typical day at work was valeting patients and thier families, unlocking and securing doors around the hospital on a daily basis.
Great Enviroment
Healthcare Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 1, 2017
I interned at SBMC - i enjoyed my time there. I would recommend that hospital for people looking for jobs in the area outside baltimore. I learned a lot within the surgical service line.
Fun workplace
Nurse Support Technican and Unit secretary (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 26, 2017
I enjoy the area I work in the hospital, my co-workers are fun and uplifting we look out for one another we have excellent patient care. The patient's and staff are great. I love my job
Pros
Opportunities for overtime
Cons
when their is inclement weather you are stuck at work until the code is lifted.
great place to learn
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 26, 2017
this is a great company to work for to start out in the health care field but not to grow, there's a lot of favoritism here. Managers lie to get you in a a position, I l enjoyed my co workers but once I became promoted and moved to the owings mills location I hated coming to work, I think the off site locations are the worst places to work for, if you get into GBMC go into the actual hospital. When I was there I had no issues and loved my job it wasn't until I was at the owings mills campus did I realize the management do whatever they want and aren't helpful.
Pros
free lunch, life and work balance
Cons
pay, no breaks if you work on a unit
Clean environment, go green and Saving Lives Always
Lab Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 22, 2017
My work day consist taking on plenty of problems,issues and concerns from Doctors,Nurse,Patients and even our staff members. this my duty as a Customer service representative. The hardest part of my job is dealing with different attitudes
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
Co pays for specialist in house
awesome
Med Secretary (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 7, 2017
gbmc is an awesome company to work for, great people great environment. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the patients. management in my dept was ok
Teamwork and positive culture among staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentSeptember 5, 2017
Many management changes have created confusion and insecurity for this employee. Patient care standards and quality seems to not be the focus. It is understandable that the reimbursement rules and political climate guide management decisions. This, however, results in frustration when this RN must juggle managing their expectations while attempting to provide nurturing, unhurried patient care. There's a disconnect between management goals and compassionate bedside nursing care. This perspective is based on the last 13 years I have been working in the Emergency Department at GBMC.
Pros
Free parking, modified self-scheduling
Cons
Aura of punitive management style
The best establishment I worked for
Sterile Processing Technician/Full Time (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2017
I loved working at GBMC. Everybody was friendly and helpful. From the coworkers to the managers.
The pay and benefits were great too. I felt my job was secure working there.
Pros
Union Security
Cons
Nothing unusual
didn't really care for certain policies and procedures
Nurse Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 3, 2017
hardest part of the job was overworked and understaffed and some nurses had the worst attitudes due to being overwhelmed. Other than that it was an ok place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greater Baltimore Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Greater Baltimore Medical Center Reviews by Location