Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Good
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 10, 2017
It was fine. It was interesting and I enjoyed it very much. It was a great time and the clients were amazing! I liked my boss a lot he was great at what he did.
Pros
nice bosses
Cons
hours
Great place to learn about all things mental health
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 24, 2016
GCB does a wonderful job of integrating a variety of services for those with mental illnesses. They have worked hard to create a safe, non judgmental environment where clients and their families can learn about and participate in treatment, practice skills, and work to reach their individual potential.
Could have been a really great place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 13, 2016
I actually would have really fantastic things to say about this company...if they didn't expect their employees to move mountains to meet even the MINIMUM quota. I think their "quotas" made my clients suffer because I was so focused on the numbers I needed to get rather than what they really needed from me. They really need to lower their quotas or be me lax on it.
They also need to update how they handle paperwork...I took my work home with me every single day and spent at least 2-4 hours on paperwork outside of my normal 8 hour day...my coworkers expressed that they had the same issues. These issues might have been manageable but I was also in graduate school at the time. However, a coworker I know was not in school or working another job, often complained about just wanting to get home to her kids at night without having to take her paperwork with her. NOT NEARLY ENOUGH MONEY FOR THE HOURS. Full time at this company...means probably closer to 55 hours at least...if you want to meet their quotas that is. I worked many late nights and weekends...not forced too, but that was what I had to do to give them what they wanted.
I did have really great times at this job...I was usually in a great mood while at the office and it was a very laid back place to work. I usually enjoyed being there. They had a great policy about team meetings that I thought was helpful and good for the work environment. However, looking back, what stands out is how much stress/anxiety it caused me and how unfair I thought it was. I worked my tail off for a year, and I'm not just saying that...and they
  more... always gave me mediocre reviews at best...cause it is all about the stupid numbers with them...not about how happy, healthy, and satisfied my clients were. I know that this has a lot to do with managed care requirements...but they still could have offered more help to their employees. I loved having a private cubicle, but as I left the company I was told that they would be doing away with private cubicles in order to save money and create more space :/ Not ideal for a health care facility that asks clients about their private information often.  less
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay, performance quotas, lots of overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5