Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority Employee Reviews

enlighting career
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 25, 2017
everyday was different cause you seen a different sight or neighbor hood, this job helped me perfected my people skills, taught me compassion for those who need me help.
Pros
fun bunch mostly
Cons
working in weather of all types
Low morale in my department
Construction Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 14, 2017
Overall GCRTA is not a bad place to work, however the group that I work within is lacking in good leadership. There is a lack of great Supervision, but there are a lot of Micro-Management Professionals.
Pros
Good Medical Insurance
Like working with the public
Bus driver (full time) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioJanuary 16, 2017
GCRTA is a great career to be in especially if you like public relations it is a job where you can advance to other positions within the company also you can only appreciate GCRTA because you always have mandatory training every year the benefits are excellent especially for employees that have small children with this employment you can only dismiss your self from this employer as a bus driver I loved meeting people and as well became familiar to many customers in this employment you become aware what public service is all about and your co workers are great they are your second family so I can only give GCRTA a 10 with 10 being great place to work
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
It has all of the greatest benefits and excellent pay,but it is high stress position
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2017
A day in the life of a bus driver consist of long work hours. i learned that not all careers working with the public are what the should be. at this company there zero room for error or forgiveness which put people in a position where they are literally walking on pins and needles. my co wokers are friendly open minded people and they made my job enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is literally being in the position of being the driver cause of all the rules and regulations and the riders getting on the bus.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
balancing time between work and li
I enjoy my job
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 20, 2016
Being a bus driver you meet many that come in your life. travel around the city. To be able to help people get to work and school safe. I was the singing bus driver in my days.
Pros
The pay was good
The best job in Ohio
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 20, 2016
The most exciting place to work. I spend eight to twelve hours driving all day. I work with some many diverse individual across Northeast Ohio. I assist a lot of customers with directions and other helpful tools about the city.
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
(GRTA), Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 29, 2016
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority Management can be very discriminatory and it is very hard to get a promotion from within if you are not in the right clique.
Pros
Lunch breaks, compensation and compensation is competitive
Cons
Very hard to move up in the company especially if you don't belong to the right clique per say.
Great Place to Work.
Service Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 6, 2016
The RTA is a great place to intern and I would highly recommend them as an employer of choice to anyone who is working towards a career in transit.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Some positions, bus operators etc. begin as part time.
All the time going with something to do.
Stock Clerk / Material Handler Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 17, 2016
I work with a wide denomination of people at GCRTA over the 30 years there.The days in the warehouse were busy and full of activity, with stock always moving with bus repairs.
The management worked well with employees for the most part.
The hardest part of the job is moving the heavy things as quick as they are needed.
The most enjoyable part is knowing you helped to get equipment up and running at the end of a day.
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
Fast moving days with lots of people.
Strong entity with a driving public purpose.
Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 29, 2015
This position offers a great deal of experience in a very professional atmosphere. It was also refreshing to work with individuals who were driven by a common purpose.
Nice place to work. Position was entry level. I learned a lot and it inspired me to pursue further education in Human Resources.
Part-time Rail Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 28, 2015
Provided administrative support in HR office. Service employees inquires. Did finger printing and background checks for new hires. I learned a lot in this position. Working there inspired me to pursue further education in Human Resources. I am currently taking classes.
Productive, Educational, safe work place
Equipment Mechanic plus Engine rebuilds (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Get to work 30 minutes early change clothes punch in open my tool box and get a job if I don't already have one
I learned that starting over can be rough but worth it
Management is good
co-workers most of them great
Hardest part of my day is having a problem that I can't fix
A smooth running engine after a rebuild
Good Management
Labor Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 19, 2014
Good people with good energy. People treat each other with respect, and get work done effectively.
Good pay but long hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJuly 15, 2014
The pay was good,, but the hours were long. A typical day is getting the routes for that day. Picking up and dropping off customers at their locations.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Great people, Great company, Everyday is an adventure!
Part-Time Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 15, 2013
Very secure company with outgoing employess to make reporting for work daily easy. The customers are different daily, and the trips up and down the road make the day soar by. Only down side is working part time puts a financial strain on living expenses so I would recommend working two jobs or maintaining a strict budget until a full time position becomes available.
Pros
Smiling faces, being outdoors, different people daily.
Cons
Part time, Breakdowns, and Bad weather
Good Benefits
Acting Performance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 15, 2013
GCRTA is a good employer, they offer outstanding benefits to their employees.
Great way to learn the city and meet people
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 1, 2013
Your day can start very early and last up to 14hours daily. I have learned a lot more areas driving the bus for the past 14 and a half years. Your co-workers become part of your extended family. The hardest part of the job is the long days or night or the getting up early.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
scheduling
Don't make a career out of it
Part-Time Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  OHMay 19, 2012
The way public transportation is now don't bet on having a job for more than 15 years with them. They are not ethical and want you to stay dumb. They don't encourage employees to go to college.