Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority

Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority Employee Reviews

If you are a Driver you are ok. All others are expendable
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 30, 2017
Drivers are treated ok. ALL other jobs are expendable. Especially in supervision and management.
I was all for working hard / long hours... But the expectations-to-ability-to-meet-them ratio is literally impossible due to lack of support from senior management. You can market a nice image all you want... But I worked with all of those folks who were on the billboards and advertisements and they were unappreciated and miserable. DEFINITELY not a place to spend a career!
Pros
None I can think of comparatively speaking
Cons
Depressing environment and a bullying senior management team
Nice salary
Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45402May 19, 2017
Long hours no breaks no family time plenty of money to be made nice retirement plan you will get to meet new people everyday you are pretty much your own boss if you preform your job at a high level.
Working in the Marketing Department
Senior Graphic Designer/Web Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 3, 2016
Working in the Marketing Department is different every day. New projects, love working on our website and love designing. Great manager. Sometimes deadlines can be close, but I get the job done. My co-worker are fun and we have a good team.
Pros
Don't make enough money for all the work
Cons
My co-workers are great. Love what I do.
Employee Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 7, 2015
This is truly a caring place to work with good opportunity of promotion from within. Great personal growth opportunity as well.
Great Job Security - to a fault
System Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioDecember 19, 2014
If you want to work for a company where it is nearly impossible to get fired then GDRTA is for you. If you want real advancement opportunities and good pay you should look elsewhere.

Salaried employees are expected to work at anytime the authority needs then are expected to take ETO (earned time off) for every minute they are not working. Every other company I have worked for gave salaried employees at least some flexibility in comp time, time (hours not days) off for appointments, etc.

Overall, the benefits package is a little better than standard packages in Dayton. The flexible schedule is very nice if you can get it. I scheduled 40 hours/week and had one afternoon off every week.

If you are not directly involved with driving or maintaining buses you are largely treated poorly.
Pros
Nearly impossible to get fired.
Cons
Nearly impossible to get fired.
goverment need I say anymore
a peeon (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 14, 2014
It is all in who you know here...cant move up here hours suck forceable overtime no matter if you have something going on ot not..
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
pay no advancement within
Good values, enjoyable place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioApril 8, 2013
Driving inner city and transporting passengers throughout Dayton, Ohio.
I learned to drive in congested traffic, and to interact with the customers.
I had no problems with management, all instructions were clear and well through out.
Pros
good healthcare and wages.
Cons
short breaks, heavy traffic.
Helped persons with disabilites with their transportation needs.
Reservationist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 19, 2012
Greet ADA clients, take photos of clients, answer phone, make reservations and appointments for clients. Process Project Mobility and Reduced Fare applications. I learned to treat persons with disabilities the same as you would someone who doesn't. And patience. I had the same supervisor the whole time I worked there. She was wonderful to work for. I enjoyed my co-workers at the call center. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out what the client wanted, whether they were applying for Project Mobility or the Reduce Fare Program. I really enjoyed the drivers and I enjoyed my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9