Greater Richmond Convention Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Box Office Manager / Accounts Receivable / Exhibitor Service Manager,
Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 21, 2015
Handled multiple, concurrent duties, including planning and executing events, directing box office operations, managing exhibitor services, and performing accounts receivable. Hired, trained, and supervised staff. Prepared and maintained operational documentation, statements, and reports.
A job that creates jobs for welfare clients with less experience than other applicants
Parking Deck Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 6, 2015
This job Create jobs for single mothers and are willing to train them.
I remember during my interview , that the supervisor said I didn't have to work for free. I was able to go back to school and earn 19 credits towards a Liberal Arts Degree.

I learned customer service skills, that I can build on. I also learn budgeting skills, I was encouraged while I was pursuing my liberal Arts degree.

My most enjoyable part of my job, every year my income got better, I got a little more hours, I could talk to my supervisor about problems that might prevent me from being at work.
the hardest part was when I could not talk to them about it, and I had to shut them out. In the end My family had a Positive out come to the problems, So now I am able to give a 100% work effort. I no longer work for the convention center.
Pros
the increase of hours
Cons
the long walk to get to the employee bathroom and break area.
Fast paced
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2015
As a parking deck cashier i really enjoy my work environment. I encounter many different attitudes a day and i love conversing with the customers even if only for a short period of time. The hardest part was trying to make sure everyone had the best possible help they can get
Need Communication
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2013
its and unfair palce to work. we do a lot on thigns and dont get paid the proper salary per hour.
Love my to work
Receptionist/Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2012
My job is pretty cool,I meet people from all over the world. I typical day at the GRCC is pretty laid back but can be very crazy some days. We have all different types of events from volleyball to Gospel shows
Pros
meeting new peolple
Cons
its pretty slow during the summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greater Richmond Convention Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2