The Software Engineer’s role is to design, code, test and support software development project requests for new and existing company products.
- Research, analyze, design, code, test and support existing and new software products while following department standards.
- Act as Lead on projects and assist in directing work of others assigned to the project.
- Conduct design and code walkthroughs.
- Participate in defining software development project plans, including scope, schedule and implementation.
- Define requirements by partnering with Business Analysts, end users and/or other key stakeholders.
- Evaluate existing components/systems to determine integration requirements.
- Develop and maintain necessary internal technical documentation for support use by others in IT.
- Collaborate with developers and other technical staff and serve as a source of information.
- Attend project meetings and actively provide technical perspective.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years’ related experience.
- Proficient development skills in: C#, ASP.NET, C++, MVC, CSS, jQuery, Entity Framework/nHibernate, SQL, Object-oriented programming, Structured Analysis/Design, Database Programming (Data Normalization), Client/Server (MS SQL Server).
- Familiarity with Silverlight, WPF and/or WCF is highly desired.