Greatwide Logistics Services Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Very productive place to work with alot of room for advancement
Lead pallet repairman (Former Employee) –  7th standard, Bakersfield, CASeptember 11, 2017
It's a strenuous job physically but it is definitely worth the compensation.I would recommend it to a friend and I would go back if allowed.the management really had a handle on the company.
Pros
Solitude, compensation, and enviroment
Cons
Long hours everyday sometime 10- 12 hour days in a row.
Friendly staff to work with.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno-Stead, NVAugust 8, 2017
Typical day at work was rewarding. Learned alot about bill of ladings and international shipping. Workplace culture was well balanced. Hardest part of the job was high volume daily, but I enjoy a good hard days work.
Pros
Crossdock for General Motors
Cons
Little room for advance in the company.
A time sensitive job along with multi tasking
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 23, 2017
Answering phone call from drivers with a DDR or issues at the military bases, monitoring the routes for completion and if an issue arises make necessary phone and send emails, update several Google doc thru out the day, dispatch driver.
How important it is to stay on top of the tasks at hand especially when it can impact billing charges back to the customer.
My manager doesn't help
Being able to deal with all types of drivers
Staying focused when you are given other task
Being able to leave on time
Pros
All the people I deal with
Cons
Not being able to leave for luch
be ready
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXJune 27, 2017
here is a company that has it all and then some having the flexibility to do both sides of the hauling demention it doesn't have to many slow down periods
Self Employed Ind. Driver
independent owner/operator (Former Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKMarch 19, 2017
Worked in a very competitive environment! There were more drivers than available loads. You were often pushed to break D.O.T. rules in order to get loads. Loads were rewarded to drivers that would break them!
Broker
Dispatcher/Broker Caplog (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 20, 2017
I did anything and everything the owner asked of me. I loved working here, it was fairly easy and I didn't have any supervision.
Really poor work environment.
Repairman (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 30, 2017
Very poor work environment, and a joke of management. The leadership took Zero Accountability for their short comings and consistently made the work harder.
Enjoyed to work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoyed my schedule working for this company because I was able to be home more. I was able to spend more time with my family and also enjoyed playing more tennis while working for this company
Over all, not a good place to work.
Milk Collector (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 2, 2016
Company does not own the trailers. Owners of trailers do not maintain them and expect drivers to utilize unsafe equipment. Management makes promises with no intention of keeping them. Corporate management doesn't know milk business and doesn't want to learn. Hiring of managers not based on knowledge or experience but on where they live.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor benifits, poor management.
Owner operator
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2016
This company is very greedy, just like most of the comeanies out there. They have fees but no help to offer. If you need any help garentee it will be coming out your check the next week. Settlement department are horrible there will be times you will not be paid. They charge 25% plus base plate and permits. They give you fuel on your fuel card and monitor the spending on that. But I thought it was you get 100% if so than why can't you deside how you wanna spend it. You have to call in to book a load for your fuel to be loaded on the card you can't take it off the card. I'm not telling you not to work for them I'm just telling you how they operate. Micro manage you and they still don't do nothing for you. No benefit at alljus work and pay them 25% for every load you book
Pros
A job
Cons
Too much to say
Above average employer.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2016
I worked for the company about 10 years before I retired from full time work. Great company to work for. Never had any problems working with management. Sometimes the hours got long but the pay was above average.
Pros
Steady work. Supportive management team.
Cons
Night driving was not my cup of tea.
hot environment
3rd Shift Warehouse Associate Temporary (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTAugust 6, 2016
Very easy job to do but the temperature is very hot no matter what the weather is outside the temperature will always be high a factory that produces stell involving heat
Pros
short breaks
good
horrible company don't go there
Owner Operator Driver (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 8, 2016
this was my first time being an owner operator and wish I had someone tell me about this company they are liers they don't run you enough to make any money and you don't get to pick the loads. I was with them 7 months and for the last 4 I didn't get a paycheck and they stopped paying on my truck payment even though it was still being taken out of my settlements. also when you first get with them you have to take the refer trailer which is 600 a week. all I kept hearing is we have a plan for you and it will get better it never did and ended up losing our apt and moving back in with my mother.
A company with trailer equipment for almost all commercial freight.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 7, 2016
This is a decent company that needs a little more person attention to management. It takes a lot patience and being a self starter help. Communication needs some work. But company does treat you well and make you feel very independent.
Pros
lots of work for as different traier equipment for most freight on market
Cons
needs more communicaton
Steady work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2015
Steady year around work. Hauling frozen/deli food. Servicing California and Nevada stores. They hire for the most part all owner operator employee drivers. I was an owner operator.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
not to good money
Productive Place To Work
Bandsaw Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 1, 2015
Very professional, and honest wage. Working for this company helped me advance in some of the industrial fields that i needed improvement in. They help individuals become independent while doing a job, they made room for advancement. A typical day would consist of independently working the bandsaw for roughly 6 to 8 hours. The most difficult part i found to be in this job is they had a very high turn over rate therefore, having to train new employees at least once a week would set us a little behind.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
High Turnover
Okc is bad!
CDL A DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 21, 2015
BEWARE...These cats will NOT hesitate to throw you under a bus, meaning they will blame you for their incompetent errors. Management/dispatch often cater to certain drivers while leaving others to scramble for decent loads! Company equipment is (poorly) maintained. If you're considering employment here, good luck and WATCH YOUR 6!!!
Pros??
Cons
It's greatwide
Unhappy
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 7, 2015
Overworked and underpaid. No advancement opportunities. Very weak communication management and employees. No pay raises and no paid vacation offered.
productive
Machine operator/Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Great shifts.
Poor management.
Lots of hours.
I worked on the most productive shift.
One of the most productive workers.
Pros
received forklift certification
Cons
The changing of ownership
Great place to work if you like working for free
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 26, 2015
First payroll was not received until my fourth week employed even though this is a weekly paid company. Steady inquiry about my pay was met with hostile attitude from some employees, upper management did correct situation when they were finally contacted about it. Took four weeks to be paid and dispatch had an attitude because I refused to go back on the road with no money.
Pros
Great upper management
Cons
Poor attitude from dispatch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greatwide Logistics Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7