Greatwide Logistics Services

Greatwide Logistics Services Employee Reviews

Above average employer.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2016
I worked for the company about 10 years before I retired from full time work. Great company to work for. Never had any problems working with management. Sometimes the hours got long but the pay was above average.
Pros
Steady work. Supportive management team.
Cons
Night driving was not my cup of tea.
hot environment
3rd Shift Warehouse Associate Temporary (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTAugust 6, 2016
Very easy job to do but the temperature is very hot no matter what the weather is outside the temperature will always be high a factory that produces stell involving heat
Pros
short breaks
good
horrible company don't go there
Owner Operator Driver (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 8, 2016
this was my first time being an owner operator and wish I had someone tell me about this company they are liers they don't run you enough to make any money and you don't get to pick the loads. I was with them 7 months and for the last 4 I didn't get a paycheck and they stopped paying on my truck payment even though it was still being taken out of my settlements. also when you first get with them you have to take the refer trailer which is 600 a week. all I kept hearing is we have a plan for you and it will get better it never did and ended up losing our apt and moving back in with my mother.
A company with trailer equipment for almost all commercial freight.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 7, 2016
This is a decent company that needs a little more person attention to management. It takes a lot patience and being a self starter help. Communication needs some work. But company does treat you well and make you feel very independent.
Pros
lots of work for as different traier equipment for most freight on market
Cons
needs more communicaton
Steady work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2015
Steady year around work. Hauling frozen/deli food. Servicing California and Nevada stores. They hire for the most part all owner operator employee drivers. I was an owner operator.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
not to good money
Productive Place To Work
Bandsaw Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 1, 2015
Very professional, and honest wage. Working for this company helped me advance in some of the industrial fields that i needed improvement in. They help individuals become independent while doing a job, they made room for advancement. A typical day would consist of independently working the bandsaw for roughly 6 to 8 hours. The most difficult part i found to be in this job is they had a very high turn over rate therefore, having to train new employees at least once a week would set us a little behind.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
High Turnover
Okc is bad!
CDL A DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 21, 2015
BEWARE...These cats will NOT hesitate to throw you under a bus, meaning they will blame you for their incompetent errors. Management/dispatch often cater to certain drivers while leaving others to scramble for decent loads! Company equipment is (poorly) maintained. If you're considering employment here, good luck and WATCH YOUR 6!!!
PROS??
Cons
IT'S GREATWIDE
Unhappy
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 7, 2015
Overworked and underpaid. No advancement opportunities. Very weak communication management and employees. No pay raises and no paid vacation offered.
productive
Machine operator/Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Great shifts.
Poor management.
Lots of hours.
I worked on the most productive shift.
One of the most productive workers.
Pros
received forklift certification
Cons
The changing of ownership
Great place to work if you like working for free
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 26, 2015
First payroll was not received until my fourth week employed even though this is a weekly paid company. Steady inquiry about my pay was met with hostile attitude from some employees, upper management did correct situation when they were finally contacted about it. Took four weeks to be paid and dispatch had an attitude because I refused to go back on the road with no money.
Pros
Great upper management
Cons
Poor attitude from dispatch
fast pace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2015
fast pace company to work for, great management team and you have to know the job from day one. Everyone on Maintenance work together very well.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
good health care
poor staff
Repairman (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 18, 2015
its a ok place management is really poor that's why they got shut down. the workers there are good to get along with but the managers ae terrible except rick hes nice
N/a
repair man, sorter (Former Employee) –  salt lake city UTApril 8, 2015
Great work place loved the job. benefits were good co workers friendly easy to get along with. Pay was ok but could of done better. Over all great job. Moved up in ranks fast.
was fun for the time.
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WIMarch 28, 2015
Work long hours, the equipment at times was not there to do your job. The co workers were great to work with. Management was not around to help with lack of equipment issues.
Pros
free lunch once a year
Cons
weather
Was an OK company to work for, but the upper level management was constantly struggling and the turnover was about every 6 months. Lost the contract.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 20, 2015
I very much enjoyed what I was doing with drivers and delivery challanges and was very successful, but upper management had too high a turnover and wasn't very supportive.
good place
Processor / retention (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2014
great place to work till they merged with that other company
Pros
treated you good
Cons
mereged with that other company and tore it down
Its different company that selects when to enforce firing of employees
Warehouse/Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WASeptember 20, 2014
Its long hours with no work/life balance. Pay doesnt justify the wage. Follows company policies when it wants.
Pros
employees are great
Cons
no management support, company policies are followed when it wants
A nice place to work
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2014
I enjoyed working there! Every day was a new challenge! I had many great coworkers and a great mentor.
Worst Job You'll ever have.
Band Saw Operator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CaliforniaAugust 15, 2014
Around ninety percent of the employees do not speak English,
when the managers and supervisors have meeting with the employees they only speak in Spanish, leaving the ten percent of employees who cannot speak or understand be left out and confused.

Management is awful and unorganized i took almost two weeks working there for the manager to realized who i was and that i was working there.

Couldn't understand any of my co-workers because they did not speak English.

Hardest part of the job was figuring out what your duty is for that day because I could not understand my supervisors.

There was not a single enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
lunch room was nice and air conditioned
Cons
everything
productive and fun
Logistics supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2014
love the atmosphere,co-workers. hardest part of job was turnover..there was none. you start you finish

2.9