Greatwide Logistics Services

Greatwide Logistics Services Employee Reviews

Owner operator
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2016
This company is very greedy, just like most of the comeanies out there. They have fees but no help to offer. If you need any help garentee it will be coming out your check the next week. Settlement department are horrible there will be times you will not be paid. They charge 25% plus base plate and permits. They give you fuel on your fuel card and monitor the spending on that. But I thought it was you get 100% if so than why can't you deside how you wanna spend it. You have to call in to book a load for your fuel to be loaded on the card you can't take it off the card. I'm not telling you not to work for them I'm just telling you how they operate. Micro manage you and they still don't do nothing for you. No benefit at alljus work and pay them 25% for every load you book
Pros
A job
Cons
Too much to say
Over all, not a good place to work.
Milk Collector (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 2, 2016
Company does not own the trailers. Owners of trailers do not maintain them and expect drivers to utilize unsafe equipment. Management makes promises with no intention of keeping them. Corporate management doesn't know milk business and doesn't want to learn. Hiring of managers not based on knowledge or experience but on where they live.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor benifits, poor management.
Enjoyed to work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoyed my schedule working for this company because I was able to be home more. I was able to spend more time with my family and also enjoyed playing more tennis while working for this company
Above average employer.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2016
I worked for the company about 10 years before I retired from full time work. Great company to work for. Never had any problems working with management. Sometimes the hours got long but the pay was above average.
Pros
Steady work. Supportive management team.
Cons
Night driving was not my cup of tea.
Really poor work environment.
Repairman (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 30, 2017
Very poor work environment, and a joke of management. The leadership took Zero Accountability for their short comings and consistently made the work harder.
Broker
Dispatcher/Broker Caplog (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 20, 2017
I did anything and everything the owner asked of me. I loved working here, it was fairly easy and I didn't have any supervision.
horrible company don't go there
Owner Operator Driver (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 8, 2016
this was my first time being an owner operator and wish I had someone tell me about this company they are liers they don't run you enough to make any money and you don't get to pick the loads. I was with them 7 months and for the last 4 I didn't get a paycheck and they stopped paying on my truck payment even though it was still being taken out of my settlements. also when you first get with them you have to take the refer trailer which is 600 a week. all I kept hearing is we have a plan for you and it will get better it never did and ended up losing our apt and moving back in with my mother.
hot environment
3rd Shift Warehouse Associate Temporary (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTAugust 6, 2016
Very easy job to do but the temperature is very hot no matter what the weather is outside the temperature will always be high a factory that produces stell involving heat
Pros
short breaks
good
A company with trailer equipment for almost all commercial freight.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 7, 2016
This is a decent company that needs a little more person attention to management. It takes a lot patience and being a self starter help. Communication needs some work. But company does treat you well and make you feel very independent.
Pros
lots of work for as different traier equipment for most freight on market
Cons
needs more communicaton
Productive Place To Work
Bandsaw Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 1, 2015
Very professional, and honest wage. Working for this company helped me advance in some of the industrial fields that i needed improvement in. They help individuals become independent while doing a job, they made room for advancement. A typical day would consist of independently working the bandsaw for roughly 6 to 8 hours. The most difficult part i found to be in this job is they had a very high turn over rate therefore, having to train new employees at least once a week would set us a little behind.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
High Turnover

Want to know more about Greatwide Logistics Services?

Ask a question
Okc is bad!
CDL A DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 21, 2015
BEWARE...These cats will NOT hesitate to throw you under a bus, meaning they will blame you for their incompetent errors. Management/dispatch often cater to certain drivers while leaving others to scramble for decent loads! Company equipment is (poorly) maintained. If you're considering employment here, good luck and WATCH YOUR 6!!!
PROS??
Cons
IT'S GREATWIDE
Great place to work if you like working for free
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 26, 2015
First payroll was not received until my fourth week employed even though this is a weekly paid company. Steady inquiry about my pay was met with hostile attitude from some employees, upper management did correct situation when they were finally contacted about it. Took four weeks to be paid and dispatch had an attitude because I refused to go back on the road with no money.
Pros
Great upper management
Cons
Poor attitude from dispatch
Steady work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2015
Steady year around work. Hauling frozen/deli food. Servicing California and Nevada stores. They hire for the most part all owner operator employee drivers. I was an owner operator.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
not to good money
Worst Job You'll ever have.
Band Saw Operator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CaliforniaAugust 15, 2014
Around ninety percent of the employees do not speak English,
when the managers and supervisors have meeting with the employees they only speak in Spanish, leaving the ten percent of employees who cannot speak or understand be left out and confused.

Management is awful and unorganized i took almost two weeks working there for the manager to realized who i was and that i was working there.

Couldn't understand any of my co-workers because they did not speak English.

Hardest part of the job was figuring out what your duty is for that day because I could not understand my supervisors.

There was not a single enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
Lunch room was nice and air conditioned
The challenge
Logistical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MSFebruary 20, 2014
Researching and cold calling. I enjoyed the analytical side of numbers. Sometimes numbers make more sense to me than having a conversation. Management felt threatened when another companny was going to take over within a year of moving on the D.C property. The writing was on the wall and I came on in the last months with the company. Staff lost interest in doing their job. The most enjoyable part was being exposed supply-side economics of business.
Pros
Being acknowledged for work ethic.
Cons
Staff losing motivation
the drivers and staff are great to work with
Service Support Leader (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAOctober 17, 2012
typical day at work is to answer phones, assemble driver paperwork, call drivers for their loads answer phones, help driver with any issues they have.
my co workers were awesome, everyone will to help each other when needed, change shift swap days whatever was needed
the hardest part of my job was not being able to help every driver, i am a true driver advocate
the drivers and co workers was the most enjoyable part of my job,
my manager was nice young man.
Pros
learn to multitask, the drivers and co workers
Cons
the insurance was not the greatest, and there was clearly favortism with driver and employees
x
Safety Manager, Driver Support Leader (Former Employee) –  Tallhassee, flDecember 4, 2013
• Planned daily dispatch scheduling for all local operations.
• Ensured new hires were in compliance with DOT procedures and training.
• Provided continuous improvement for compliance, inspections, meetings and training.
• Developed and implemented safety awareness presentations.
• Audited driver scorecard metrics and provided necessary coaching and training.
• Monitored safety alerts, logs, physicals, vehicle inspections, SAF 51 etc. to meet DOT regulations.
good people to work with except management
Driver (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TXNovember 16, 2012
i take home about $800 average,but its not guaranteed how many miles you will do on a weekly basis too many drivers to distribute loads evenly.....as far as the job its easy all u do is deliver to walmart stores...each stop pays $15 after the first one and the miles 249 and under pays .45pml...249and up pays.41pml.....there is also wait time...if you don't get dispatched at your scheduled time u get 17.50 an hour
Pros
dispatch are cool to work with
Cons
managers are ...... to work for
Greatwide
Dedicated Driver - Lead Yard Technician (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 28, 2013
This is a good place to work, it is a hard working fast paced environment, that is constantly busy. Management is on top of what they need to do, and manage the best they can with the ever changing work load from day to day, and the need to get shipments out as fast as possible. The hardest part is how hectic it can get with being fast pace, and the enjoyable is managing the yard and working with other people.
Pros
free lunches, good staff, being outside
Cons
They did not match in 401k
Upcoming and Innovative
Asst. Operations Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COAugust 13, 2012
The environment was open, new ideas are freely encouraged. I learned to think outside the box. I became better at manageing my daily task. The atmosphere was friendly and supportive. Employees really went above and beyond to assist each other. The hardest part of the job was getting the opportunity to develope new skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the field with subcontractors.
Pros
relaxed schedule
Cons
no career developement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greatwide Logistics Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9