Greatwide Logistics Services

Greatwide Logistics Services Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you like working for free
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Anderson, SCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great upper management
Cons: Poor attitude from dispatch
First payroll was not received until my fourth week employed even though this is a weekly paid company. Steady inquiry about my pay was met with hostile attitude from some employees, upper management did correct situation when they were finally contacted about it. Took four weeks to be paid and dispatch had an attitude because I refused to go back on the road with no money.
fast pace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: lunch break
Cons: good health care
fast pace company to work for, great management team and you have to know the job from day one. Everyone on Maintenance work together very well.
poor staff
Repairman (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 18, 2015
its a ok place management is really poor that's why they got shut down. the workers there are good to get along with but the managers ae terrible except rick hes nice
N/A
repair man, sorter (Former Employee), salt lake city UTApril 8, 2015
Great work place loved the job. benefits were good co workers friendly easy to get along with. Pay was ok but could of done better. Over all great job. Moved up in ranks fast.
was fun for the time.
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saukville, WIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch once a year
Cons: weather
Work long hours, the equipment at times was not there to do your job. The co workers were great to work with. Management was not around to help with lack of equipment issues.
Was an OK company to work for, but the upper level management was constantly struggling and the turnover was about every 6 months. Lost the contract.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 20, 2015
I very much enjoyed what I was doing with drivers and delivery challanges and was very successful, but upper management had too high a turnover and wasn't very supportive.
good place
Processor / retention (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: treated you good
Cons: mereged with that other company and tore it down
great place to work till they merged with that other company
Its different company that selects when to enforce firing of employees
Warehouse/Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Lakewood, WASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: employees are great
Cons: no management support, company policies are followed when it wants
Its long hours with no work/life balance. Pay doesnt justify the wage. Follows company policies when it wants.
A nice place to work
Service Center Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2014
I enjoyed working there! Every day was a new challenge! I had many great coworkers and a great mentor.
Worst Job You'll ever have.
Band Saw Operator (Current Employee), Ontario, CaliforniaAugust 15, 2014
Pros: lunch room was nice and air conditioned
Cons: everything
Around ninety percent of the employees do not speak English,
when the managers and supervisors have meeting with the employees they only speak in Spanish, leaving the ten percent of employees who cannot speak or understand be left out and confused.

Management is awful and unorganized i took almost two weeks working there for the manager to realized who i was and that i was working there.

Couldn't understand any of my co-workers because they did not speak English.

Hardest part of the job was figuring out what your duty is for that day because I could not understand my supervisors.

There was not a single enjoyable part of this job.
overall good company
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), Brundidge, ALJune 24, 2014
ran walmat dedicated out of brundidge al, nice people work was steady got home most every night
Good company to work for and nice management.
Owner Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2014
Good company to driver for with good benefits for Owner Operator and great home time.
Okay
License and Permit Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 10, 2014
Okay to work for but once they merged with Cardinal employee treatment went down hill
Logistics
Billing Auditor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2014
A typical day at work is helping the terminal process the daily information for the drivers to be paid.

The hardest part is trying to get the drivers to turn in paper work.
not too shabby
Forklift Operator/Laborer/Painter (Former Employee), lakewood waFebruary 21, 2014
Kind of hard for a American to work there for most the people speak Spanish. But altogether I was never mistreated and sometimes had overtime so I cant complain much
The challenge
Logistical Analyst (Former Employee), Indianola, MSFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: being acknowledged for work ethic.
Cons: staff losing motivation
Researching and cold calling. I enjoyed the analytical side of numbers. Sometimes numbers make more sense to me than having a conversation. Management felt threatened when another companny was going to take over within a year of moving on the D.C property. The writing was on the wall and I came on in the last months with the company. Staff lost interest in doing their job. The most enjoyable part was being exposed supply-side economics of business.
Nice place to work
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunities for advancement
Cons: no job security
Wonderful company to grow with! I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Greatwide. The work environment was comfortable and I made lots of lasting professional relationships during my time there!
Encouraged individual management style as long as it provided results
Safety Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAFebruary 7, 2014
Allowed to manage employees based on what worked at individual terminals and encouraged idea and SOP sharing. Standard results were required across the board, but individuality was encouraged in reaching those goals. Reaching allocated goals were more of a challenge when the territories increased in size and locations of the territories were scattered haphazardly.
Very productive.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: home everyday
Cons: lost the contract.
I worked for them in a a short period due my truck's engine blew up. They had a contract with WalMart and I used to get both miles and money.
I absolutely loved working for Greatwide Logistics.
Fleet Supervisor & Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2013
Pros: compensation days
Cons: layoffs and merger with cardinal
The typical day at Greatwide consist of talking with drivers, assigning them to routes and tracking them as well. Manage drivers E-training, physicals, and setting them up as well. Involves a lot of paper work, that includes trip sheets and driver logs (some through peoplenet). The management at Greatwide Corporate are great communicators and manage well through positive team work. I worked the night shift for the TOC department with an awesome team. They are the best co-works I have ever worked with. The hardest part of the job are always the fast pace holiday schedule especially if we are short drivers.
Headquarters