Greatwide Logistics Services Employee Reviews in United States

Unhappy
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 7, 2015
Overworked and underpaid. No advancement opportunities. Very weak communication management and employees. No pay raises and no paid vacation offered.
horrible company don't go there
Owner Operator Driver (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 8, 2016
this was my first time being an owner operator and wish I had someone tell me about this company they are liers they don't run you enough to make any money and you don't get to pick the loads. I was with them 7 months and for the last 4 I didn't get a paycheck and they stopped paying on my truck payment even though it was still being taken out of my settlements. also when you first get with them you have to take the refer trailer which is 600 a week. all I kept hearing is we have a plan for you and it will get better it never did and ended up losing our apt and moving back in with my mother.
A company with trailer equipment for almost all commercial freight.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 7, 2016
This is a decent company that needs a little more person attention to management. It takes a lot patience and being a self starter help. Communication needs some work. But company does treat you well and make you feel very independent.
Pros
lots of work for as different traier equipment for most freight on market
Cons
needs more communicaton
Productive Place To Work
Bandsaw Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 1, 2015
Very professional, and honest wage. Working for this company helped me advance in some of the industrial fields that i needed improvement in. They help individuals become independent while doing a job, they made room for advancement. A typical day would consist of independently working the bandsaw for roughly 6 to 8 hours. The most difficult part i found to be in this job is they had a very high turn over rate therefore, having to train new employees at least once a week would set us a little behind.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
High Turnover
I absolutely loved working for Greatwide Logistics.
Fleet Supervisor & Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2013
The typical day at Greatwide consist of talking with drivers, assigning them to routes and tracking them as well. Manage drivers E-training, physicals, and setting them up as well. Involves a lot of paper work, that includes trip sheets and driver logs (some through peoplenet). The management at Greatwide Corporate are great communicators and manage well through positive team work. I worked the night shift for the TOC department with an awesome team. They are the best co-works I have ever worked with. The hardest part of the job are always the fast pace holiday schedule especially if we are short drivers.
Pros
compensation days
Cons
layoffs and merger with cardinal
Used to be great...can be that way again.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2012
This review is based upon the Dallas corporate office. Employee experiences may vary greatly at the branch offices. Greatwide has seen more than its fair share of changes over the past 5 years. It entered bankruptcy protection, was purchased by a private equity firm, grew substantially through acquisitions, and has seen significant changes in its C-level leaders as it prepares to go public. All of those changes make for a tumultuous environment with no feeling of job security.
The best aspects of the company were the lack of corporate stuffiness and the IT funding. It was refreshing to work for a company that valued its IT infrastructure and funded it appropriately. I left shortly after a very talented CIO moved to another company. Thus, the funding for IT infrastructure may have since changed.
Unfortunately, the company doesn't move fast enough to remove bad employees. A handful of abusive employees have been detrimental to the company's culture and cost Greatwide quite a few talented employees.
Pros
compensation, location, employees
Cons
financial stability, executive leadership turnover
Okc is bad!
CDL A DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 21, 2015
BEWARE...These cats will NOT hesitate to throw you under a bus, meaning they will blame you for their incompetent errors. Management/dispatch often cater to certain drivers while leaving others to scramble for decent loads! Company equipment is (poorly) maintained. If you're considering employment here, good luck and WATCH YOUR 6!!!
PROS??
Cons
IT'S GREATWIDE
Greatwide
Dedicated Driver - Lead Yard Technician (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 28, 2013
This is a good place to work, it is a hard working fast paced environment, that is constantly busy. Management is on top of what they need to do, and manage the best they can with the ever changing work load from day to day, and the need to get shipments out as fast as possible. The hardest part is how hectic it can get with being fast pace, and the enjoyable is managing the yard and working with other people.
Pros
free lunches, good staff, being outside
Cons
they did not match in 401k
N/a
repair man, sorter (Former Employee) –  salt lake city UTApril 8, 2015
Great work place loved the job. benefits were good co workers friendly easy to get along with. Pay was ok but could of done better. Over all great job. Moved up in ranks fast.
Steady work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2015
Steady year around work. Hauling frozen/deli food. Servicing California and Nevada stores. They hire for the most part all owner operator employee drivers. I was an owner operator.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
not to good money
Great place to work if you like working for free
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 26, 2015
First payroll was not received until my fourth week employed even though this is a weekly paid company. Steady inquiry about my pay was met with hostile attitude from some employees, upper management did correct situation when they were finally contacted about it. Took four weeks to be paid and dispatch had an attitude because I refused to go back on the road with no money.
Pros
Great upper management
Cons
Poor attitude from dispatch
Co-workers were pleasant to work with, Built lasting friendships..
Owner Operator/Dedicated Contract Driver (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAMay 19, 2013
During the course of my time at this company found lasting friendships,Learned valuable new skills, and allowed for the freedom to make decision that best suite the course I wanted to pursue, with my family and career goals I set for myself.Overall a positive experience..:)
Pros
tapped into my entrepreneural spirit..
Cons
poor compensation and benifits..
productive
Machine operator/Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Great shifts.
Poor management.
Lots of hours.
I worked on the most productive shift.
One of the most productive workers.
Pros
received forklift certification
Cons
The changing of ownership
fast pace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2015
fast pace company to work for, great management team and you have to know the job from day one. Everyone on Maintenance work together very well.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
good health care
was fun for the time.
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WIMarch 28, 2015
Work long hours, the equipment at times was not there to do your job. The co workers were great to work with. Management was not around to help with lack of equipment issues.
Pros
free lunch once a year
Cons
weather
wonderful company
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2012
Loved this job for the most part. Hard long hours some nights, well worth pay, benefits and perks.
Going down...
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2013
Management is intelligent but for some reason they just can't turn it around.

No payment towards benefits, no 401K match.
poor staff
Repairman (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 18, 2015
its a ok place management is really poor that's why they got shut down. the workers there are good to get along with but the managers ae terrible except rick hes nice
Good company to work for and nice management.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2014
Good company to driver for with good benefits for Owner Operator and great home time.
Worst Job You'll ever have.
Band Saw Operator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CaliforniaAugust 15, 2014
Around ninety percent of the employees do not speak English,
when the managers and supervisors have meeting with the employees they only speak in Spanish, leaving the ten percent of employees who cannot speak or understand be left out and confused.

Management is awful and unorganized i took almost two weeks working there for the manager to realized who i was and that i was working there.

Couldn't understand any of my co-workers because they did not speak English.

Hardest part of the job was figuring out what your duty is for that day because I could not understand my supervisors.

There was not a single enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
lunch room was nice and air conditioned
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greatwide Logistics Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9