Greektown Casino-Hotel Employee Reviews

Stressful
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 29, 2017
Been working here for 9 years and it is currently at its work management wise. My particular dept. Has had 6 different managers since the hotel opened. The current manager is messy, divisive, and plain mean. They speak poorly of team-members to OTHER team-members and rewards people who dont deserve it. Hard work goes unnoticed if you are not a favorite. Its constant gossip and most of it instigated by management. If you go to them and speak to them personally be prepared for everyone to know your business a few days later. The messiest place ever. The manager gives you dirty looks if she doesent like you. And will not greet you if you greet them. Just poor leadership all around the board.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
You read it
Greektown Casino - Hotel Experience
Office Coordinator/Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 22, 2017
A great experience and fun place to work. Worked for several executives over the course of 15 years. Learned something new and exciting from each of them them.. Often on the fore front in interaction and working closely with all departments within the casino and hotel, including the Michigan Gaming Control Board, Michigan State Police, Detroit Police Department and FBI. The experience of working, collaborating and executing our expectations with outside vendors was invaluable.
Pros
Varitity of entry level and experienced positions and opportunities
Cons
Nothing that could not be contributed to the normal day to day working with employees and guests.
great place to work.
PARKING OPS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 2, 2017
Great place to work. Great environment. love the culture of the area and what it brings. Team members and guest are very friendly. great healthcare benefits. Paid days off once you have earned them.
It's a avenger...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 19, 2017
Just like any other company it has it problems. You meet a lot of different people. Everyday is a new day. This company has been through a lot of changes.
great palce to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 7, 2017
very diverse and a enjoyable place to work. friendly people and coworkers. the benefits are great. they provide different things that may fit your needs.
Work environment that feels like home
Leave of Absence and Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 31, 2017
Greektown Casino Hotel is one of three casinos here in Detroit, Michigan. The majority of the team members who work for the company have been there over 10 years. The benefit package and pay is competitive and the leadership team is evolving into a cross functional, innovative and progressive group. Greektown's culture is laid back, business casual and a "welcome home" atmosphere.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Needs a diversity and sensitivity program
Primary employer
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 29, 2017
Greektown casino has been an experience a lesson a way of life for the past seven years. I enjoy working for Greektown casino and don't have any reasons to leave they fulfill most of my needs.
Pros
Free parking provided uniform an hour paid lunch a Free meal
Cons
Downtown traffic
great place for employment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 12, 2017
I enjoy working for Greektown. It is filled with other Great team members. It is accommodating with request that I need for any reason, It is convenient with my commute to work
Great Environment
Food & Beverage Barback (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 12, 2017
Great staff family oriented. this place could bring life to anyone who was down just by the smiles and staff and management. There was always a good experience to take away from each day
Pros
Union
Cons
Little flexibility
Fun atmosphere
EVS Janitor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 31, 2017
Managers and supervisors are easy to talk to and will work with you to resolve your issues. The atmosphere is fun and busy. Team members are helpful.
Pros
Free food, team member lounge, friendly co-workers
Cons
walking and standing
Very friendly, high volume restaurant with a positive environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 30, 2017
The restaurant that I currently work in is a high volume, fast paced restaurant that seats up to 550 people. The company looks for workers who are energetic, friendly and able to work at a fast pace. They also look for individuals who have good teamwork and are also strong as an individual.
Enjoy the free lunch
Auditor/Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 3, 2017
I like the diversity in the people and enjoying seeing a lot of people in the casino. Work load is extremely busy, which I don't mind because the time goes by fast.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Pay is not enough
Great place to work if you like people
Bill Validator Attendant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 30, 2016
nothing typical about Greektown Casino and Hotel I started working there in December of 2000 and worked there until May 2016 it was a great experience I met a lot of nice people loved my coworkers, management changed a lot hardest part of my job was the hours 2:30am-10:30am the best part of my job was the teamwork from my coworkers but overall I enjoyed working there just had other goals I wanted to meet and needed a change.
Pros
Free parking uniforms and lunch computer room
Cons
cigarette smoke
Great place to work and fun envoirment
Slot attendant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 9, 2016
I absolutely love working at the casino it very fun you are always on the go moving around and helping other people. I am learning something new everyday. management is great along with the team members. The hardest part about the job is dealing with people who lose all there money, the easiest and most enjoyable part about the job is meeting and learning new things.
Fun job
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 16, 2016
Typically its busy so I can keep a good pace and stay in motion for the better part of my shift. I really enjoy the job. I've been able to advance my skills with driving and being able to adapt to a fast working pace.
Pros
free lunches, location
Employees were great!!
Valet Supervisor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 8, 2016
typical day at work is long hours on your feet. Directing people in and out of the casino. Watching for pretty much everything. I had the Day, Midday, and Midnight shift. I was really exhausted.
Pros
People whom work there
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 24, 2016
It felt as if management didn't have a plan on what to do with an intern and just threw me in places they needed someone for the day. I didn't really learn that much and I am disappointed that I didn't grow because they didn't give me the opportunity to.
Fast Paced and Fun
Security Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 25, 2016
Every day was different. Excellent benefits and salary. The team was enjoyable to work with for the most part. With new ownership the company has really tried to make the staff feel appreciated.
Pros
Benefits & Salary
Cons
Stress, Management
Great Team Members and Supervisor
Casino Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 6, 2015
The best part about working as a team member of Greektown is my fellow team members and supervisors/management. Its more than just a job or a career, its like a family within the department who really care for one another and put many efforts to make every guest experience that much memorable.
All things considered, a good place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 3, 2015
By it being 24 hours and random work hours for part timers, it makes it challenging to go to school. The benefits are better than most companies. Its enjoyable working in downtown Detroit.
Pros
Always entertaining/good benefits
Cons
Work schedules/seniority setup