Greektown Casino-Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 24, 2016
It felt as if management didn't have a plan on what to do with an intern and just threw me in places they needed someone for the day. I didn't really learn that much and I am disappointed that I didn't grow because they didn't give me the opportunity to.
Great Team Members and Supervisor
Casino Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 6, 2015
The best part about working as a team member of Greektown is my fellow team members and supervisors/management. Its more than just a job or a career, its like a family within the department who really care for one another and put many efforts to make every guest experience that much memorable.
All things considered, a good place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 3, 2015
By it being 24 hours and random work hours for part timers, it makes it challenging to go to school. The benefits are better than most companies. Its enjoyable working in downtown Detroit.
Pros
Always entertaining/good benefits
Cons
Work schedules/seniority setup
This is a good starter job for someone that wants to get into Law Enforcement. If you don't mind LAZY MANAGEMENT..
Security (Former Employee) –  Detroit,MiMarch 19, 2015
Cons: - Supervisor do not help with anything sit in the office(4th Floor) the whole shift.
- VERY SMOKEY CASINO...
- Union is not good at all
- You will get held over at least twice a week with about 15 minutes of notice. Go to the Union and they say will check into it.
- No advancement

Pro's: Pay is decent
-Health insurance is very good
-Free Food, Paid breaks

Overall Don't recommend
Pros
pay is decent-health insurance is very good -free food, paid breaks
Cons
cons: - supervisor do not help with anything sit in the office(4th floor) the whole shift
meeting great people in Downtown Detroit
Food & Beverage ,Banquet, & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 7, 2015
I've learned about working in an union environment, with all of the different rules an regulations that don't exists in most other work places. extremely educational and challenging. The Management in the food and beverage department is extremely knowledgeable, but is severely under staffed. Most of the co-workers are great, but the hardest part of the job is dealing with constant call offs, breaks, PTO's, and vacations without enough part time employees to cover the shifts. the most enjoyable part of the job are the great team members and working with the public and making them happy!
Pros
free lunches, fantastic benefits, and great people
Cons
smoke
I enjoyed my nearly 14 years with the organization.
Guest Services/Executive Office (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 10, 2014
I was afforded me the opportunity for growth and to utilize my skills in order to be the most beneficial to the organization.
I loved Greektown
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2014
Great company to work for. If I was still in Michigan I would still be working for them.
great
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Detroit MiJune 11, 2013
Loved working here. Made lifetime friends and enjoyed helping customers
Good benefits, but zero work/life balance and extreme stress
Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 15, 2013
This place had zero work life balance. The benefits are awesome, and they pay higher in general than their competition, but you have to be there a million hours and its under extreme stress. The management team I mostly worked with there was great, until the people higher than them started firing everyone. It's very unstable.
Pros
benefits, free meal once a day, compensation
Cons
no work/life balance, poor leadership, unstable, extreme stress
Excellent pay opportunities
Casino Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 30, 2013
Detroit Casinos offer excellent paying positions becauseof the union presence. Work/Life Balance is very diffucult. Night shifts, no weekends or holidays off...etc. Hopefully new ownership at GTC will improve some of the issues present within the company that make it difficult for employees to do their jobs. (ex. short staffed due to recent cuts, and many unclear policies and inconsistant managment)
Pros
money
Cons
hours
Stressful
Cage cashier (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 8, 2012
I was hired as a cage cashier which is stressful by itself working with such a large amount of cash, the management is horrible. Seemed like the some of the people who have been there a really long time (employees & management) have the worst attitudes and sometimes weren't eager to help.
Pros
pay and free lunches
Cons
smokey and not welcoming
There is a reason why its still # 3.
Union (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MichiganOctober 2, 2012
This is a job, clock in, do what you have to and leave. . . Repeat. no advancement, poor employee relations, no perks, bare bones staffing, yeah they feed you, but they have to and the food stinks. Lets see....no more gift shop and good bye to the buffet...they make all the wrong choices in this place, they do not listen to the guests or the employees at any time. This is by far the worst casino in detroit to work! Try MGM or Motor City and stay far away from this poorly run into the ground place.
Pros
medical, union, paycheck.
Cons
smoke and more smoke, poor customer service, the new ceo is spening that place into the poor house, mass layoffs all the time. no staff!
A very respectful business
Kitchen Steward (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 7, 2012
I learned new things everyday, friendly employees very upscale busniess very profession
Nice Place and Interesting Guests
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 27, 2012
Typical day at work would be to check in and out guests. I have learned a lot about working with different kinds of guest that stay at this hotel and how to interact with them. Management is okay. We do have a few supervisors who are really great at helping you through any situations that you may be facing. We have quite a few people working the front desk and its great because you can meet and get to know some really cool people. The hardest part sometimes is all the stuff to remember when it comes to reservations. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you do a great job and the GUESTS appreciate it. When they give you thank you cards and gift cards. How they love to see you and they wait for you to help them checkin. They remember your name, the talks you had and really love to come back because your there.
Pros
free lunches, great pay, cool people
Cons
smells like smoke cause of the casino.
Exciting fun place to work and very competitive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 4, 2012
This casino has everything a person could want in a job/career. Most days were very exciting. Not knowng what exciting thing would happen from day to day kept me intrigued. Its central location in downtown Detroit, MI brought guest from all over the country. I've learned how to effectivey work with individuals from different ethnic backgrounds. Management was awesome and very straigt forward. At times things would be uneasy do to management not being on one accord. My fellow co-workers were nice and self driven. The hardest part of the job was standing in one spot for the entire shift. The most enjoyabe part of the job was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
free lunch, free uniforms, cleaned uniforms, tuition reimbursement, covered parking, 401k, childcare reimbursement, competitive wages, free healthcare
Cons
smoke filled environmet

4.4