GREEN DOOR Employee Reviews

Management Support
Director of Employment (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 31, 2017
No team support. Not willing to listen to ideas. Loose focus of why were there and who we are suppose to support. The clients are what kept me working there for 12 years. Long days and their support made work feel important.
Pros
Clients support and participation
Cons
Management lack of support
Lead Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2017
What a great experience, I worked her directly after graduating with my MSW. I promise this place is where you will earn your stripes as a social worker. I actually would have stayed in the cost of living wasn't too much for me. I say YES
Team-orientated work environment
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 20, 2017
This job has been enjoyable because of the hard-working team that I belong to. There is no such thing as "that is not my job" here and staff help each other when one member is busy with another client. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the clients. The hardest part of this job has been the productivity requirements.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Productivity requirements
Very dedicated to developing the skills and life style of clients with SMI and disabilities
CLINICAL MANAGER - SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2016
It was a pleasure to work with staff and management that was focused on improving the lives of their clients. There were many dedicated mental health professionals and case managers who work together to help others.
Productive/Fun sometimes
Lead Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCNovember 30, 2016
Some days are great there while some days are a complete disaster. The company has alot to offer you but doesn't have growth depending on what field you are trying to work in. Excellent place if you are a caseworker, they have great people there with outstanding experience.
Pros
free food and funny jokes
Cons
short breaks, rude staff
Lots of trash
Valet Waste, Service Valet (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasJuly 6, 2016
If you want to get in a bit of shape, this job will get you there and you get paid to do it. Lots of going up and down stairs carrying heavy bags of trash. Sound fun right!
Team environment, dedication to client service
Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2015
I have learned a great deal during my years at Green Door. I have been fortunate to work with an outstanding team of psychiatrists, social workers, LPC's and other nurses. There is no such thing as a typical day, part of the excitement of the job. Giving injections, monitoring vital signs, working with pharmacies, and triaging emergency psychiatric care were all a part of my job. As to the most enjoyable part of my job, it's a toss up between the rewarding work with clients and my collaborative work with colleagues. The hardest part of the job is the reality of the difficulties faced by our clients, including such issues as poverty, discrimination, racism and the overall lack of decent housing.
Pros
flexible work environment, wonderful colleagues
Cons
unpredictable clients and exposure to bed bugs
A Great Learning Experience
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington DCFebruary 9, 2015
If currently in search of a meaningful position that allows for personal and professional growth, then Green Door is the place to work for. Green Door provides many services, depending on what a client needs. Green Door has psychiatrists, nurses and social workers who help the community at large identify appropriate plans for treatment of their mental and physical illnesses. Green Door also provides medication education and monitoring, community support/case management services, and housing
Working with the mentally ill population has enriched my life both professionally and pesonally. I enjoy my work with the deserving population we ser
Assistant Housing Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 14, 2014
Giving someone access to housing who has been homeless for years is a typical day at Green Door. It is the best part of what I do here at Green Door. It is all most impossible to maintain your mental health when you are living on the street or in over populated shelter. When you are homeless you have no where to have nutritional meals as a diabetic. You have no place to take your medicine and maintain it on a daily basis. I believe with a home first you can manage your mental illness and your life. With that one necessity you can be a contribution to your community.
Pros
tele communiting
Cons
salary
Tough Job, but rewarding, emotionally draining though
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2014
Good luck affording to live in DC on the salary they offer. You with the sickest of the sick and will gain street cred as a social worker for doing so.
Pros
Cons
Working in dangerous areas, 60 hr work weeks, traveling around in DC traffic.
check In Patients, slow pace work,
Security (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2014
I arrive at work 30 minutes early to escort staff inside, i would check in patients, and established new patient documents, ensure the staff and clients we safe. I would help clean and keep the store tidy. call and verify patient documentation.
Cons
Well managed and very rewarding to work with the clients
Counselor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2014
A typical day in a retail manager job often consists of maintaining a store environment that is a pleasant experience for customers by managing many employees simultaneously. Work begins fairly early in the morning, often before the retail location opens, and an 8- to 10-hour workday begins. Retail managers handle a wide variety of routine tasks, such as writing reports; supervising employees; managing cash; ordering stock; handling schedules, payroll, and marketing and promotional roll-outs; and securing the store upon closing. In addition, a retail manager can expect to deal with customer complaints, employee work delegation, staff shortages, equipment failures and other unexpected things that occur in a retail environment. On average, retail managers may work as many as 50 or more hours per week. The hardest part of my job had to explain to a client that services needed to help them are no longer available.
Pros
Flexibility, Part-time Salaries, and employees willing to help new hires
Cons
Not enough hours
Good experience in working in the mental health field
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2013
Very fast pace and extremely rewarding work. A good environment. Staff friendly and helpful. Overwhelming at times, but great to help and assist client recover from their mental illness.
The job was ideal for me.
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2013
I love doing group and individual counseling. This job allowed me to develop the curriculum and facilitate groups.
Pros
small caseloads
Very supportive work environment
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 27, 2012
WONDERFULLY supportive work environment
collaborative staff
creativity encouraged
lots of room for growth
Pros
great happy hours
Cons
lots of driving; low pay
Crazy work place
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2012
Your job will pretty much be baby sitting client and striving for your productivity levels.