GREEN DOOR

GREEN DOOR Employer Reviews

Working with the mentally ill population has enriched my life both professionally and pesonally. I enjoy my work with the deserving population we ser
Assistant Housing Director (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 14, 2014
Pros: tele communiting
Cons: salary
Giving someone access to housing who has been homeless for years is a typical day at Green Door. It is the best part of what I do here at Green Door. It is all most impossible to maintain your mental health when you are living on the street or in over populated shelter. When you are homeless you have no where to have nutritional meals as a diabetic. You have no place to take your medicine and maintain it on a daily basis. I believe with a home first you can manage your mental illness and your life. With that one necessity you can be a contribution to your community.
Tough Job, but rewarding, emotionally draining though
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 11, 2014
Cons: working in dangerous areas, 60 hr work weeks, traveling around in dc traffic.
Good luck affording to live in DC on the salary they offer. You with the sickest of the sick and will gain street cred as a social worker for doing so.
check In Patients, slow pace work,
Security (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2014
I arrive at work 30 minutes early to escort staff inside, i would check in patients, and established new patient documents, ensure the staff and clients we safe. I would help clean and keep the store tidy. call and verify patient documentation.
Well managed and very rewarding to work with the clients
Counselor/Case Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: flexibility, part-time salaries, and employees willing to help new hires
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day in a retail manager job often consists of maintaining a store environment that is a pleasant experience for customers by managing many employees simultaneously. Work begins fairly early in the morning, often before the retail location opens, and an 8- to 10-hour workday begins. Retail managers handle a wide variety of routine tasks, such as writing reports; supervising employees; managing cash; ordering stock; handling schedules, payroll, and marketing and promotional roll-outs; and securing the store upon closing. In addition, a retail manager can expect to deal with customer complaints, employee work delegation, staff shortages, equipment failures and other unexpected things that occur in a retail environment. On average, retail managers may work as many as 50 or more hours per week. The hardest part of my job had to explain to a client that services needed to help them are no longer available.
Good experience in working in the mental health field
Community Support Worker (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 12, 2013
Very fast pace and extremely rewarding work. A good environment. Staff friendly and helpful. Overwhelming at times, but great to help and assist client recover from their mental illness.
The job was ideal for me.
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: small caseloads
I love doing group and individual counseling. This job allowed me to develop the curriculum and facilitate groups.
Very supportive work environment
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: great happy hours
Cons: lots of driving; low pay
WONDERFULLY supportive work environment
collaborative staff
creativity encouraged
lots of room for growth
Crazy work place
Community Support Worker (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 15, 2012
Your job will pretty much be baby sitting client and striving for your productivity levels.