Green Mountain Coffee Roasters

Green Mountain Coffee Roasters United States Employee Reviews

Working closely with friends
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee
Cons: Growing too fast
My typical day at work starts with a cup of coffee and reviewing e-mails. I have learned that work doesn't have to be fast paced in order to achieve the positive end result. I am fortunate to be able to work with people that I can enjoy that atmosphere with. The hardest part of the day would be resolving any unforeseen situation that may be urgent.
great fun place to work
Team production, packaging, material handler (Former Employee), Waterbury, VTApril 7, 2015
had a great time at this job good work and life balance managment was great co workers were great to work with always had fun but got a ton of work done at the same time
Teamwork
Keurig Machine Operator (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 23, 2015
Working 12 hours a day, one learns to rely on co-workers to help ensure a successful work day.
Management understands the work, and does the best to also ensure a successful work day.
The job is not hard,the work environment and the co-workers make for an enjoyable workday.
Enjoyed the hours
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Sumner, WAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: to long to get answers from upper management
I arrive to work 2 hours before shift start. Walk the floor, review the planning board then review my staffing/scheduling to ensure all positions are manned. I make tour of the production plant every 20 minutes and periodically provide quality checks to ensure top quality product being released. Most enjoyable part of my job was assisting and talking with floor staff to ensure, we are all on the same page, to be efficient and proficient.

I departed 1 hour after end of shift ensure all paperwork is accounted for, and initial planning for next day production is set in motion.
Hours
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Sumner, WADecember 25, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: rotating schedule
The shifts are 12 hours and run on a 3 week rotating schedule. It's not the ideal job and is very physical. The management and leadership are in desperate need of learning people skills and scheduling practices.
Growing company with above average salary and benefits
Database Administrator (Current Employee), Burlington, VTNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work involves reacting to database alerts and failures, solving problems, documenting, and improving the overall database infrastructure.
Productive anad fun place to work with good perks.
Production associate (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 10, 2014
Pros: insurance and day shift
Cons: lack of employee training.
Work days are 12 hour days 6-6:30 am Friday-Sun with alternate Thursdays. I have worked hard to learn multiple machines so that I can complete different functions within the company. I enjoy the people within my team. The hardest part of the job is working 4 12 hour shifts.
Decent job
Machine operator (Current Employee), Knoxville, tnAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free coffee, benefits, mostly nice people
Cons: long hours, lots of standing, bending, lifting and walking, slow communication, upper management.
Good place to work. Communication between upper and lower management needs improvement. Great benefits. All kinds of programs to get involved in. Job security, just be on time, do your job as instructed and be helpful and your golden. If your just a clock rider you won't be there long as current management has an eye for that. They have a lot of community service opertunities to take advantage of. You are paid for volunteer work you do during work hours. The hardest part of working there is you will learn something and then BOOM it changes so training is constant. Every place you work has it's ups and downs and this place is no exception. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and some are good and bad. I just take the bad with the good and do the job. In short I'm happy there.
Boss and Co workers were great
Assistant Team Leader/Level II Material Handler (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAMay 7, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: phony upper managment
Really liked it there , made some good friend , but was blindsided by a shutdown of facility without warning and the way the company treated us on the way out was awful
Productive workplace
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 10, 2014
Very easy going and enjoyable work area as well as co workers
Not the company they used to be
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Williston, VTJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours on your feet on a concrete floor, short handed, uncomfortable temps inside during the summer.
GMCR has focused more on the growth of the company instead of the welfare of it's employees. It has seen many changes over the past few years, not many for the good.
no bueno
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sumner, WAJanuary 8, 2014
unhealthy and hostile work environment, too much drama. management favors certain employees over others.
AMAZING
Engineering Management Intern (Former Employee), Waterbury, VTDecember 19, 2013
It is by far my favorite company. So much fun working there and I have grown a lot in just a short time. People are great, job is very exciting as well.
Lots of hours and good benefits.
Machine Operator/Quality Control (Current Employee), Sumner, WAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: community service
Cons: terrible work-life balance (always working, could be a pro to some)
GMCR cares about the community and quality of their coffee. Good place to work if you want a huge amount of hours.
Decent place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Sumner, WAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: benefits
Really good people, everyone is friendly and helpful. simple work, good schedule.
The company is good to work for. However, it just doesn't fit my needs anymore.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), VirginiaAugust 29, 2013
Over all it is a good place to work with good benefits. The parent part of the company is great with a lot of growth. It just doesn't fit my needs anymore
Good place to work but has ups and downs.
Material handler on morning D-1 shift (Current Employee), Sumner, WAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: big company with great benifits.
Cons: some bad policies.
I have family whom works for GMCR. So because of company policy I am blocked from moving forward in the company as long as my step-dad is supervisor. Kind of a unfair situation for someone with ambition like myself.
good people fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), essex,vtJuly 31, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: they have some employees that are not very good and should have test done for illge issuesl
they have good benefits ect and good hardworking employees
Windsor Facility lacks proper leadership team
Maintenance Technician Supervisor (Current Employee), Windsor, VAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: health care
Cons: communication, shifts, pay
The company has a history built on a good culture but it has been lost at the Windsor, VA site.
Productive and fun place to work
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 24, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
I enjoyed the variety of work duties. Everyday was different.

About Green Mountain Coffee Roasters

Green Mountain Coffee Roasters' business amounts to more than a hill of beans.¬†The company¬†offers about 200 varieties of coffee, – Read more

Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Salaries