Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, VAOctober 26, 2016
Green mountain is a great place to work. The culture is dynamic and ever so changing. There is room fro advancement and growth. A typical includes a staff meeting to ensure everyone is onboard with daily duties and task. My co workers are helpful and friendly. I would love to do more or change to a new department. Im always looking to grow and do new things.
Pros
Great Pay- Hours are flexible
Cons
Short breaks
CQC (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 21, 2016
Great place to work. would recommend it to anyone. Company cares about their employees and their families. always room for advancement and training.
Green montain
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Green mountain coffeeOctober 5, 2016
Job was routine and It had benifits that came a long with but the schedulle with my school was not going to work for me at the time.
Great company wish i could've stayed.
Packing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 24, 2016
ran a machine that produced k-cups that go into the kuerig coffee makers kept track of production sheets. learned how to manage my time very well and learned there's a reason for everything in a work place. co-workers were awesome they helped me a lot. hardest part of the job was cleaning the machine at the end of the shift. I enjoyed everything about this job from the people to the product that we produced.
Not What they appear to be
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Windsor, VASeptember 7, 2016
you are scheduled to work 11.75 hours to keep from paying you a differential for working 12 hour shifts.
They use a just do it mentality with little thought on how to make it work.
Pros
Chane to advance, lots of overtime
Cons
considerably lower pay, benefits are starting to erode
Great place work
Recruiter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, VAJuly 13, 2016
This is a business that is fast pace and always something going on. As a employee its the ideal place to work and enjoy going. Management is open and recognize all employees. Just a great place to work overall.
Pros
Free food
Cons
weather was not issue to the company
Not good work/family balance
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 26, 2016
Been with GMCR for 6 years and worked every weekend since there and would like to have more family time. Great work atmosphere and very quality minded which I take great pride in. I would like to find closer work and have a more balanced work and family life.
Pros
great pay
Cons
working all weekends
Oee
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTMay 3, 2016
I've been working for GREEN MOUNTAIN COFFEE a couple of years, getting qualified for a raise or increase A benefits is like 401k
Pros
pizza
Cons
5 minutes
productive and fun working place
Coffee Processing Coordinator/Administration (Former Employee) –  Windsor, VAApril 24, 2016
Job is great if you don't mind long work hours. 12 hours a day plus. most enjoyable part for me was working with a great team. the hardest part was coming home smelling like coffee flavors every day.
Nc
QC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, VAMarch 4, 2016
Be positive and cordial with everyone you come in contact with. Do like you were taught in the past. If you can not say nothing nice about someone then keep it to yourself.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Long work hours
Great work place
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 23, 2016
I start my morning off by doing daily management system walks. Here all of management goes to the production area to discuss any issues that could effect safety, quality, and productivity. On a daily basis I work with engineering and our suppliers to improve the quality and performance of our materials. Along the way I received my HACCP and internal auditing certification.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
work follows you home
Its an ok job.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, VAJanuary 5, 2016
I only took the job at GMCR, because I needed more money and benefits. I can honestly say thats the only reason why Im still there. We work way too long hours for the work we do!! My opinion we should only work 8 hour days Mon-Fri like most food manufacturing plants in our area, and the weekend should be strictly for overtime. My children are involved in sports, so I miss EVERY game due to me working EVERY Saturday. The Windsor plant change rules and policies without informing the employees, there is alot of favoritism and a lack equality. There is NO job advancement unless you are a favorite!
Pros
They love to feed us
Cons
Work long hours, no time to spend with family, not enough money
Productive and friendly environment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 8, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work with great benefits. They except you to have so many hours of learning a year and they give you hours to go and volunteer your time to help others.
Pros
great place to work with great benifits
Growing company
Financial Analyst for Vermont Operations (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, VTNovember 10, 2015
The Product Supply Finance department is a great group of people but the work life balance leaves much room for improvement. Working late at night is the norm.
Great company that cares about employees and community
Escalated Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Williston, VTOctober 27, 2015
Team Work is key in any position. I have learned that escalated phone calls can be a wearing challenge, but when we work together and all experience the same challenges, work can be fun! The hardest part of the job is listening to customers scream and swear when you have a solution and they just don't want to give you time to talk.
Our direct supervisors are very supportive and helpful and work to make this very tough job as enjoyable as they can.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Angry Custoemrs
Proud Vermont company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston, VtAugust 30, 2015
Keurig has a good product, expanding into many new products that will help the company to grow into new markets and the future.
Pros
Benefits, products
good money
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  knoxville, tnAugust 18, 2015
set schedule and overtime whenever you want it but too boring, I would go back but only until I finished school. wouldn't want it to be my career
good work place with great benfits and flexible hours
machine operator (Current Employee) –  windsor vaAugust 17, 2015
QC checks making sure the right coffee getting ship to the right place.Making sure the coffee have the right weight and flavor.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
It was challenging enough to provide me with a productive and satisfying day
Production Maintenance Technician III (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, VTAugust 8, 2015
My background started with graduating from Maine Maritime Academy and worked my way to chief Engineer Unlimited Oceans, of motor vessels of any Horsepower. I worked offshore until 2000 when I needed to be home for my family.
I worked for Diffraction LTD, repaired the facility, built a 1000 square foot cleanroom for semi-conductor type work, did equipment installations and repair. As the company grew, I moved into the electronics build shop and populated circuit boards, assembled and de-bugged electro-optical visioning systems.
At GMCR the shift is 5am to 5:30pm. We do a 15 minute turn over with the night shift so to be advised of any issues. At 5:15 I meet with the production team, we go over the days schedule, discuss maintenance or safety issues. Then we do our stretching exercises, and then prepare the line for the days run. The zone I was assigned to has 2 K-cup machines, and I am required to stay with the operators and assist production and be there for reactive calls. We carry radios so if a tech in another zones needs help I can respond. During my 4 years with GMCR I have worked in each zone and have learned quickly and proven myself. In less than 2 years I advanced to the level 3 position, and they have used me to trouble shoot in each zone.I have been very happy at work, and in fact I am often whistling a favorite song while I work, it seems to cheer up my co-workers and often gets them to pitch in and help. I am highly self motivated and learn quickly and am not afraid to get the manual or do research to trouble shoot a problem. I enjoy getting self satisfaction
  more... with my work. I think GMCR has made a mistake by letting some very skilled people leave.  less
Pros
Good place and good people to work with
Cons
Most of the feed back from my supervisor was negative, almost no praise.
Productive, family oriented, fast paced environment
Maintenance Inventory Clerk "MRO" (Current Employee) –  Windsor, VAJuly 24, 2015
Counting and monitoring all inventories throughout the building.
Recording data using Microsoft excel program MP2 and PeopleSoft.
Rebuilding parts for machinery.
File/Process paper work for parts that are received.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Shorts breaks, no respect from uper management, no room to move up within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2