GREEN MOUNTAIN ENERGY COMPANY Employee Reviews in United States

No good
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 12, 2015
The management with my manager was not good always overspending the budget which cause our office to close up. Was not a good environment
Great People, Great Opportunity
Event Marketing/Sales (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2015
Commission based pay structure, so it's up to you how much money you make. Set your own schedule. Work cool events. Meet new people. Great part-time job.
Pros
Great earning potential
Cons
Sometimes you don't make much money
Good only as a starter job
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TexasAugust 23, 2014
The management, training and the people I worked with were great however what killed it for me were the people I had to come in contact with in order to get a sale from them and the low pay that came along with it. Not everyone was qualified to sign up with Green Mountain as they had bad credit. Out of the 10 people that I signed up, only 1 or 2 qualified. Too many poor people with bad credit in my sales area.
Pros
you gain experience dealing with people
Cons
travel, low pay, commission is not guaranteed, nasty and stupid customers.
Forward thinking company working to better the environment
Field Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2014
Progressed from sales agent tabling to sell renewable energy at store fronts, events and farmers markets to managing a team of ten sales agents.
Short sales cycle stopping prospects and conveying to them the benefits of choosing a premium electricity product to avoid carbon dioxide emissions.
Top sales agent second quarter 2013.
Work with a group of individuals who look to better the environment and the world we live in.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
part time, no benefits
Remittance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 20, 2013
Work hours 7am - 4pm
Management Team was upfront and easy to talk to.
The hardest part of the job was proven that some misapplied payments could not be posted to an account.
I enjoyed researching customer's missing payments.
Pros
free lunch during month-end, 20 days of pto
Cons
company went public
Work hard play hard
Events Setup Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 6, 2015
Work was hard, but there was a lot of camaraderie and many rewards. You had the opportunity to enter the renewable energy market which is a growing area. Good luck
Difficult but Rewarding
Field Sales Agent, Retail & Events (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Having never had a sales position prior to this, working at Green Mountain provided me with insight into the difficulties of face-to-face sales. My time at the company strengthened my interpersonal skills and allowed me to gain insight into the regulatory issues facing the energy industry. I am grateful to have worked alongside a company that strives to change the way energy is made in this country.
productive
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Copperas CoveMay 4, 2013
fast-paced environment. If decided to work here you have to have a lot of patients dealing with customers. I enjoyed my co-worker and I loved my manager.