Green Mountain Energy Employee Reviews in United States

good benefits
SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2015
100% employer paid benefits, great office location, small company. good office furniture and decorations.
good product
good hours
Ability to pick your own hours
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2016
Set up booth at predetermined store front/ festival or other location.
Educate and sell Wind Energy to potential clients. I learned how to understand the fees and terminology on a typical energy bill. I also learned how to sell electricity in Spanish and I am not bilingual. Management is awesome, friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is only getting paid on clients who pass the credit check. The rest of the clients you sign up do your paycheck no justice. The most enjoyable part is the tight knit community of employees and management who are always there to help, give suggestions, and the festivals are so fun to work.
Pros
Great place to learn sales, learn about electricity and being eco friendly.
Cons
no insurance, commission based only on passing clients.
door to door marketing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  illinoisApril 21, 2016
A typical day at work consists of walking door to door for 8 hours and attempting to convince people to change their energy source. If you can manage 3 people a day, i dont remember the exact number but you can make up to $800 plus a week,

I persoanally was not good enough for the job and I havnt made a penny.
Everyones nice, you must be EXREMELY MOTIVATED.

The hardest part of the job is finding people who are open minded and willing to change their energy company.
My coworkers were all really good at the job.
Pros
Weekly bonus
Cons
outdoor
Productive and work-place fun
Customer Service Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 14, 2016
A typical day a work consisted of helping customer locate and enrolling the in the best seminar for them and providing other viable information regarding other programs available. The hardest part is I could not enroll them into everything available. I most enjoyed the activities plan by the queen of fun.
Pros
Free lunces and prizes
Great place to work and people to work with.
Area Manager, Retail and Events (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 14, 2016
Great place to work and people to work with. Opportunity for advancement was great. I would still be there but my department was eliminated.
Commission only
Senior Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2016
Commission only sales with no benefits offered is not always sustainable. This works if you are a student with no bills but could be disastrous for anyone that needs reliable income.
Pros
Attending fun local events
Cons
unpredictable income
Fun place bad management
ACP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 28, 2016
Loved working here. The only issue was the management. The manager was not truly used to working or managing more than 5 people. She was not knowledgable of the work flow or processes.
Pros
benifits
Cons
manager
ok
Sales Representative/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 21, 2016
The company is fine, motivation is the key. A lot of contests, competition, chances to win cruises and electronics, over all ok. I was there for a year. Much money can be made if you try hard.
A good company to work for if you are confortable with commission only.
Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 30, 2012
Overall Green Mountain is not a bad company to work for. It isn't the easiest job, but the people in management are cool. Despite the disorganization, and the fact my manager waited until the last minute to post schedules it was good experience.
Pros
short shifts, good benefits
Cons
if you don't make sales, you don't get money;
Not Bad For commission only
Sales Agent/Partnership Ambassador (Current Employee) –  white plains nyOctober 16, 2012
This is a commission based job, though you are reimbursed for gas if you have to travel over 30 miles. If you don't mind commission only, and are looking to earn extra money it's a great part time job, super flexible etc. This is however not a career.
Pros
paid, fed meetings, nice people, good cause.
Cons
commission only, no benefits

Want to know more about Green Mountain Energy?

Ask a question
Great workplace and location along with great compensation
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Downtown Austin TXDecember 5, 2013
Great place to work, the offices are located on w 6th st downtown Austin which makes getting off super exciting. Great pay and benefits I was part of the inside sales dept and easily averaged $22/hr.
Pros
located on w 6th, comfy and nice workplace, garage parking, wifi
Cons
management is slow
ok
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2015
this was a great job just ran out of people sign up management was not good at but the job paid well and got paid every week. found A BETTER job that pays more and nicer people
Review
Not stated (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 4, 2012
More hype than substance. Basically, GME spends more time developing its brand name than offering services of substance. Management is unskilled and unmotivated, and that's putting it nicely.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
everything else
loneliness
Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasOctober 8, 2015
A day at Green Mountain would be a long day due to the fact that you would go to a store location and stand there all day sometimes by yourself to sell electricity but it was cool to meet new people.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
not working as a team
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 2, 2012
Flexable Hours
Great People
Wonderful earning possibilities
Room for Advancement
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
no benifits for part time people
Met a lot of different cultured people as well as learning the fundamentals of being a door to door sales person.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2015
The mornings would normally start off with an informational meeting for the new hires to learn a thing or two from people who were successful in the office. It also provided people with ways of finding places or people to work with and build friendships with.
Pros
Travel the state, made great money, met many people.
Cons
worked 12+ hour shifts 5 or 6 days out of the week
Awesome training in the industry of GREEN energy and possitive afirmatons as well as upbeat and possitive people. Helps a lot to come to work.
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILOctober 15, 2014
Green Mountain Energy for me was quite an experience.

I was so blessed to have quite a team of positive and business minded people all around me, it kept me on my toes and tought me the importance of talking thinking and even acting right.

New faces and new places as well, the company was constantly growing it was like being in a field of grass, almost every week I saw a new face and a new personality that added life and glee to the company. I wish to God I could have stayed here.

My Boss was the best, I really loved him.
Pros
transportation was provided and an i-pad
Cons
no transportation or lunch provided
Micro Managers without any direction.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 24, 2014
I couldn't believe the lack of professionalism displayed by Mrkt. Mgr.
She hadn't a clue of how to talk to people. I would never suggest any one waste their time. Not for an adult with any goals, high school student maybe.

You just say the same thing until someone is willing to try clean energy. It is easy, a no brainer. WARNING see rip-off report and BBB before you accept a job here. They claim a BBB A+ rating with people regretting they ever met you or Green Mountain is puzzling.
Pros
great money opportunity, if company had guidance.
Cons
the lack of preparation and micro management
Competitive
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2015
• Promote the choice of pollution-free electricity at various venues including movie theatres, street fairs, and green markets
• Coach fellow other team members on selling/closing techniques
Would be better with more products
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxJune 11, 2014
While the company does offer flexible schedules and quarterly parties/rewards, it also makes it difficult to sell. Sale are done at HEB stores and are considered interruption sales. The company has limited stores for its agents to work. Also outside sales agents are only given 2 products to sale. A month to month plan and a higher rate 6 month plan. I find that most customers prefer a 12 month plan. Also the rates that the outside sales agents are permitted to use are higher than the online sales by a cent a kWh and a $100 gift card.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
limited products and locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Green Mountain Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8