Green Mountain Energy

Green Mountain Energy Employer Reviews

Great Company to Work For
Sales and Events Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great pay and flexibility
Cons: great job for money on the side
Working at Green Mountain is a great experience. The hours are flexible and I have no limit how long or short I can work.
Flexible hours
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: working with a great team goes a long way.
Cons: waiting a month to get paid and hoping the sales you closed will pay.
Outside sales typically means more driving. It requires an outgoing personality and someone who is persistent and motivated as there is little to no supervision. You are trained expediently and precisely. The most enjoyable part of this job is the ability to interact with hundreds of people daily and rotate store locations frequently.
Fun place very easy job, lotof flexibility
Marketing Info Assistant (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 3, 2014
Very good Company, learned a lot of things in terms of skills/ experience. Great Management , great co workers, nothing hard about the job, Loved the Job all the way around. Part-time position.
Hard workplace
Sales (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJune 21, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: work whether is hot, cold, or raining.
It is a commission based job where you must sale electricity to get paid. Basically you can show up to work and never get paid. You don't get paid per hour but for salees rather.
Would be better with more products
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TxJune 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: limited products and locations
While the company does offer flexible schedules and quarterly parties/rewards, it also makes it difficult to sell. Sale are done at HEB stores and are considered interruption sales. The company has limited stores for its agents to work. Also outside sales agents are only given 2 products to sale. A month to month plan and a higher rate 6 month plan. – more... I find that most customers prefer a 12 month plan. Also the rates that the outside sales agents are permitted to use are higher than the online sales by a cent a kWh and a $100 gift card. – less
Micro Managers without any direction.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: great money opportunity, if company had guidance.
Cons: the lack of preparation and micro management
I couldn't believe the lack of professionalism displayed by Mrkt. Mgr.
She hadn't a clue of how to talk to people. I would never suggest any one waste their time. Not for an adult with any goals, high school student maybe.

You just say the same thing until someone is willing to try clean energy. It is easy, a no brainer. WARNING see rip-off report – more... and BBB before you accept a job here. They claim a BBB A+ rating with people regretting they ever met you or Green Mountain is puzzling. – less
Great work atmosphere
Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 5, 2014
The job is very laid back. It was a dream job because of the environment and the great team.
great place wonderful company
Sales Agent (Former Employee), houston,texasApril 21, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: n/a
I learned how to be a team player and work with others. The people over there were very friendly. It was close to where I live so making it to work on time was not a problem
Canvassing at stores and events, very hit or miss
sales agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, patient management, green company that cares about the environment.
Cons: seedy city locations, high-pressure sales tactics, dirty employees.
They set me up at tables in local supermarkets. I had to ask passers by if they wanted to switch to green energy. 99.9% of respondents weren't interested. This could have had something to do with the fact that I was often placed in neighborhoods were most people didn't pay out of pocket for their electricity. (Because it was included in their rent or – more... condo fee or because they lived in college dorms.) Needless to say, these weren't good locations in which to make sales.

Most agents used pushy sales tactics, and I had a problem with that. To me, no means no. Just let that customer go. If they're interested, they'll ask for more information. Pressuring them doesn't work and certainly didn't work for the agents who employed this tactic.

As a side note, half my co-workers smelled as if they never bathed.

Management was good and tailored my schedule to my life's other obligations, so I have no complaints there. As long as I showed up for the shifts I was scheduled, all was good. I was never interrogated about why I couldn't work on particular days.

On a final note, I hate being in the city, and that's where they put me nine times out of then. I had to commute to the job sites on Philly's cavernous subway system, and this made me feel dirty and unsafe. – less
Not Applicable
Executive Assistant to CEO/Office Manager (Former Employee), Plano TexasMarch 31, 2014
Management needs a lot of work. Other than that I did like my job.
Save the environment!
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: work atmosphere, co- workers, management
Cons: d2d
They actually care about the environment and you as a employee. You work d2d, events and storefronts. A goo place to work in the summer
outside supermarkets looking for potential customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJanuary 10, 2014
talking to people walking in front of the store and ask about their energy provider, learned what kind of energy their is out there, management was always good, coworkers worked well, hardest part was finding new customers in areas where co-op energy is around
Great workplace and location along with great compensation
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Downtown Austin TXDecember 5, 2013
Pros: located on w 6th, comfy and nice workplace, garage parking, wifi
Cons: management is slow
Great place to work, the offices are located on w 6th st downtown Austin which makes getting off super exciting. Great pay and benefits I was part of the inside sales dept and easily averaged $22/hr.
Mostly Door to Door /canvassing
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Portland ORNovember 13, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, work outside
Cons: limited hours, door-to-door work, not much advancement opportunity
If you have no problem doing door to door sales, you'll like this job
Was not safe
Customer Service associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2013
I had to work late hours in a environment that was not safe for me.
stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 26, 2013
you work a lot in different type of weather conditions, and sale energy
Great Fun Work Environment!
Assistant Recruiter (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 12, 2013
Great company, Quickly growing nationwide!
Awesome opportunities to grow!!!
Not Bad For commission only
Sales Agent/Partnership Ambassador (Current Employee), white plains nyOctober 16, 2012
Pros: paid, fed meetings, nice people, good cause.
Cons: commission only, no benefits
This is a commission based job, though you are reimbursed for gas if you have to travel over 30 miles. If you don't mind commission only, and are looking to earn extra money it's a great part time job, super flexible etc. This is however not a career.
Review
Not stated (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 4, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: everything else
More hype than substance. Basically, GME spends more time developing its brand name than offering services of substance. Management is unskilled and unmotivated, and that's putting it nicely.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJuly 30, 2012
Good impression with customer.
Work in a fast place.
Good at managing.
Customer service.

About Green Mountain Energy

The power is always greener on this side of the mountain. Green Mountain Energy, a NRG Energy┬ácompany, buys and resells green – Read more