Green Mountain Energy Employee Reviews

Great Company
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I always look forward in going into work to sell the company brand. The Managers were great to the employers. the moral was great for every employee.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Short Lived
Well Rounded
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 6, 2018
The job was well rounded for the most part. Managers could have been better. Managers would often sit in the cars and did little to assist associates at times.
Fast paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 17, 2017
Didn't get fair treatment
Always showed up
Not an equal opportunity for the employees
Can not screw up
Must meet mangers weekly goals and apps
Offer paid time off
Pros
the engery
Cons
poor employ fairness
A bunch of men sexually harrassed every female employee.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2017
I as well as other female employees were sexually harassed at every turn from upper management, work supervisors, and colleagues. I was forced out of my job as well as other senior women employees.
It was productive & would always kept us on our feet to look forward
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I loved working for green mountain energy it was so motivated our managers & staff had so much energy to spare & everyone was outgoing and our commission pay was great
Pros
We had bonuses
Walking all day long knocking on doors
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  8500 wilcrestAugust 31, 2017
Working with green Mountin energy you would be thought a line to say when you knock on people's doors. You have to lie to get them to switch over to a hire paying light company and it takes hours and hours to get them to switch. I didn't like lying to my coustomers.
Pros
Out of town trips
Cons
You don't get paid if you don't get them to switch
Great flexibility
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 16, 2017
You have great flexibility when you are working at Green Mountain Energy, as you only work in 4 hour shifts and only have to work 3 a week. However cold selling on the street can be extremely difficult in NYC.
Strict work place.
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 14, 2017
Green mountain is to try and sale solar panels. They try to turn bad energy into good for the environment. They save the community's money. The work environment is full of hard working people.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday.
Cons
Strict work environment
Very fun place to work at with great people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2017
Door to door can be tough but they give you all the tools to succeed here. Great hours too. If you believe in sales it will be a great job for you. 30k salary base
Productive and motivating enviroment.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2017
Green mountain Energy was a great place to work and every co worker, boss and supervisor were very motivating and welcoming, their goal of working hard is what helps everyone work and progress.
You can learn a lot, but you give a lot.
Retail Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
It is hot where I live and considering the amount of time spent outside it is exhausting. I like the value and idea of the company and most of the people I work with are great. Honestly, I feel like if I would have found this job at any other time of the year I would be more inclined to continue with it. They have a lot of incentive and upward mobility for a great cause.

You get to talk to people, you are rarely at the same locations daily, commission is good, and you get to learn a lot if you have never done a job like this before. Also, you get to work outside.

People are negative; scheduling can be a hassle, depending on your regional manager, weather can greatly affect your job, and you have to be a little insane because you are literally doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

It just doesn't suit the income and job requirements I can afford as of right now. Totally worth a try for anyone who loves talking to people though.
Is all about location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 4, 2017
I did actually live my job at green mountain. They were fair, accommodating, and willing to listen to my concerns however few there were. That being said, no job is perfect and all jobs have their...hazards. For Green mountain, the hazards were the location. While none where inherently dangerous They are all in public places. In most cases you're either at the mercy of the elements or the people who've given you the space to work.
Pros
Meetings are nice, flexible hours, friendly co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, no security
dont work for these people
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 30, 2017
I worked for a group og people that sold green mountain energy contracts and paid me 90 dollars per contract sold. it sounds good but the truth is is that they don't pay you all of the contract you sell.
Pros
Cons
all
good self experiance
Door-To-Door Sales Workers (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 14, 2017
you would have a one on one coaching before hitting the streets and start knocking door to door then you would inform the customer how to switch to a company that is doing a change for the planet
Good place to work and great salary and bonus
Sr. HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
Stressful and management sometimes not very helpful. Very demanding on time and not too much work life balance. Great salaries and bonus. Frequent mergers and acquisitions affected layoffs and jobs.
Pros
great job
Cons
Management very demanding
Cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 3, 2017
I like this place a lot it is a fun place to work at I hope anybody else like you would like to work here it was a really fun place got to me a lot of people
Unorganized
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2017
The training did not prepare me for the field. The communication chain did not work either. The co-workers I had were also very sketchy no one introduced me to anyone and no one introduced themselves to me except my boss. Then they made up a reason to fire me.
Great place to start! Awesome experience! Good people!
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 29, 2017
Perfect place to start a sales career with good people and good management. People who work here are truly looking to make the world a better place. Good training on renewables and sales strategies.
Pros
Uplifiting team and people looking to make a difference
Cons
Dealing with rude customers in the field
If i could i would go back
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 12, 2017
Management was cool if I could I would go back to my job but I'm good where I'm at right now. I get better benefits now then I did there that a the only thing wrong
sales
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2017
I went door-to-door and working events switching people to renewable electricty. I spoke to many different people and did manage to switch many community memebers to sustainable power, helping them, the environment, and the company I was representing.