Green River Community College Employee Reviews

Ceramics Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 15, 2016
I enjoyed working in the Ceramics Lab very much. I enjoyed working with my supervisor, she was very accommodating when I had last minute schedule changes.
Fun and productive
International Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 25, 2016
I learned how to work with different people and be a leader to in charge of several events The most difficult part of this job I think is to communicate with different companies and work together.
good
Student Assistant of Security Department (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 13, 2016
Good place to work with, its my first part time job. Not much things to do but stay at late night and answering phone calls. Minimum wage is the income, don't expect more.
Pros
easy job
Cons
stay late night
Review
TRiO Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 10, 2015
• Initial contact point for TRiO program- ability to understand and follow organizational systems and specific policies and procedures
• Scheduled intake, orientation, and general advising appointments for TRiO office. Organize and schedule off-campus trips, workshops and supported Tutor Support Supervisor
Perfect Job for a student
Artists & Speakers Series Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 16, 2015
During my time working at Green River Community College I was a part of the CLEO leadership team. Here I learned how to be organized in an office setting, good communication between my team members and our superiors as well as other departments. The best part of my time here was working on a team of likeminded individuals that had the entire student body in mind when making decisions and planning events. the hardest part of this job was juggling an event planning position while also being a full time student. The supervisors were always amazing and would always work with you when things would come up regardless if it was personal or work related.
Pros
Excellent job for a student
Cons
Sometimes the job can get in the way of your schoolwork.
Provide information for vendors to host events
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 9, 2015
The morning I opened the office. Picked up and delivered mail to appropriate department heads. Checked and screened company phone calls and emails. Typed, phoned and contacted prospect vendors. Closed office, did light house keeping as well as ordered and stocked receptionist area. Scheduled and attended mandatory staff meetings and also was co chair of some the organizations for the students.
Educational, Learning new job Skills
Current Student (Current Employee) –  Auburn WashngtonJanuary 25, 2015
I have been attending classes full time to gain skills to open new doors with a stable employment career. I have been taking Business Application Classes to prepare myself for management and to provide me with better office skills. I felt that these classes would prepare me for any office setting.
Pros
education
Cons
homework
Great place to meet students and have fun.
Gym Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn WA USAJanuary 20, 2015
It is a great place to work at. I met hundreds of students from all round the world. had fun organizing different sport activities and participating. learned how to be communicative and cooperative. Also it helped me be my own manager when the gym was left unsupervised.
I enjoy the ability to gain more experiences
Current Student (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 3, 2015
I am a full time student, studding business courses. I have worked in the office industry for years but I wanted to learn Excel, Power Point, and Access. I also have taken communication classes and Human Relations Classes. I enjoy working in the office setting and assisting others.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
home work lots of it
Helpful student helpdesk job to get started
Student IT Helpdesk, TC Student Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  12401 Southeast 320th Street, Auburn, WA 98092December 18, 2014
It's a basic helpdesk job that is offered to students attending Green River community college. The pay is typical of a student type job and helps with some tuition fees. Job work involves helping students using the computer labs in multiple locations. Help ranges from various software on the computers they use or assisting with hardware problems. Printer and plotter management is also required.
Pros
job location is on campus, flexible hours
Cons
you can't keep the job unless you are an ongoing full time student
Work Study
PEER ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 14, 2014
Great place to meet a lot of people. I was able to help mentor and lead students to succeed. I learned a lot about communication styles and was able to gain experience with newly learned skills.
Very easy to look for jobs!
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 7, 2014
Very simply search engine and provides you lots of great job.
Software and PC Hardware Instructor
Software and Computer Hardware Instructor (Former Employee) –  Washington State and CONUSJuly 25, 2014
they gave me a chance in the computer industry. I'm forever grateful
A great experience to be a mentor
Mentoring (Former Employee) –  AuburnJune 20, 2014
I had the chance to listen to people from all over the world and help them adapt to the U.S culture. Everyday is a new story and I've learnt so much from my job. Very enjoyable.
Productive and learning environment
Math Tutorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 6, 2014
As soon as I clock in, I will go into the learning center. Students comes and leaves as they please. There can be as few as 10 students to as many as 30 people in the learning center at a time with 4 tutors available. As a tutor, I will be walking around the center helping any student who needs help. During peak period, it can be stressful because the ratio is 1 tutor to 7 students. I have to bounce from one student to another with no time to rest. As I teach, I am recapping what I know as well as learning. My co-workers are all students so it's easy to connect to them.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
stressful
Productive and fun place to work and learn
Grounds Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 11, 2014
garbage cleanup and making sure that all the grounds are clean and free of obstacles. That students should pay more attention to keeping there school clean and neat. I have a lot of fun with my co-workers and do a lot of laughing.
Pros
ride around in a small electric cart
Cons
it's always raining and we still get wet and have to go to classes afterwards
Nice Environment and Friendly Workplace
BNUZ Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 4, 2014
I really enjoyed work with others and lead groups of students. I learned a lot about the leadership. And my communication skill was improved.
Expected environment for a college internship
IT Student Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WashingtonDecember 27, 2013
Nothing special about this position really. It was an internship that was performed as a requirement for my degree program
Pros
exposure to wide variety of issues
Cons
n/a
was ok
Baker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WADecember 3, 2013
Manager and other stuff were excellent people. Schedule were fitting well nothing to complaint about.
Independent office work
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 18, 2013
Most days consisted of grading student's tests and running errands. I got my personal space, but there was absolutely no interaction with others, as I had to be focused while grading.

4.4