Green River Community College

Green River Community College Employer Reviews

Productive and learning environment
Math Tutorial Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, WAMay 6, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: stressful
As soon as I clock in, I will go into the learning center. Students comes and leaves as they please. There can be as few as 10 students to as many as 30 people in the learning center at a time with 4 tutors available. As a tutor, I will be walking around the center helping any student who needs help. During peak period, it can be stressful because the – more... ratio is 1 tutor to 7 students. I have to bounce from one student to another with no time to rest. As I teach, I am recapping what I know as well as learning. My co-workers are all students so it's easy to connect to them. – less
Productive and fun place to work and learn
Grounds Maintenance (Current Employee), Auburn, WAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: ride around in a small electric cart
Cons: it's always raining and we still get wet and have to go to classes afterwards
garbage cleanup and making sure that all the grounds are clean and free of obstacles. That students should pay more attention to keeping there school clean and neat. I have a lot of fun with my co-workers and do a lot of laughing.
Nice Environment and Friendly Workplace
BNUZ Program Leader (Former Employee), Auburn, WAMarch 4, 2014
I really enjoyed work with others and lead groups of students. I learned a lot about the leadership. And my communication skill was improved.
Expected environment for a college internship
IT Student Help Desk (Former Employee), Auburn, WashingtonDecember 27, 2013
Pros: exposure to wide variety of issues
Cons: n/a
Nothing special about this position really. It was an internship that was performed as a requirement for my degree program
was ok
Baker (Former Employee), Auburn, WADecember 3, 2013
Manager and other stuff were excellent people. Schedule were fitting well nothing to complaint about.
Independent office work
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, WANovember 18, 2013
Most days consisted of grading student's tests and running errands. I got my personal space, but there was absolutely no interaction with others, as I had to be focused while grading.
PRODUCTIVE , FUN WORKER , BUBBLELY
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, WAOctober 25, 2013
Mostly a typical day at work wold consist of operating the cash register fast and efficiently. In addition to building great teams and partnerships with co-worker and customers. The hardest part of my job will have to be not coming to work on my days off, because I enjoy working everyday.
Compensation and Benefits were good.
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee), Auburn, WAMay 13, 2013
Pros: good facility, wonderful students and staff, had the supplies i needed.
Cons: poor management decisions that impacted the students negatively.
Four stars: Off for management decisions: i.e., cancelling the nursing assistant program on the first day of class, which negatively impacted the students.
I enjoyed working with the students and sharing my knowledge and experience. The hardest part was counseling students who were not performing well. I enjoyed my fellow faculty members and I believe – more... we worked well together. – less
Green River is rated the third leading community college in Washington
Student (Former Employee), Auburn, WAMarch 24, 2013
I gained more knowledge and care than I ever expected. I was allowed to take a Certificate Program vs. having to get a degree. With prior Work Experience and Education, I had to prove that I knew the information being presented to me.
I made the most of it and want to apply what I learned in my new occupation.
Excellent school
Occupational Therapy Assistant Program (Former Employee), Auburn, WASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: great environment
Cons: far from my home
I was here as a COTAS only. I made no money. One of the best school I have ever attended. We generally attended from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
love the work environment and people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), auburn, WAAugust 27, 2012
my co-worker are very nice and freindly. Love that job. Very good management and it is a very fast working environment but I love it.
Busy pace with friendly faces
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, WAAugust 15, 2012
Pros: 20 hours per week
Cons: no heathcare
Worked 20 hours per week with other students. Hardest part of job was dealing with angry students.
On Air Talent
DJ - Broadcast Management (Former Employee), Auburn, WAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: free music.
Cons: no pay
Was a fun time with a wide oppertunity for advancement and placement in corporate radio.
This job was fun and I really enjoyed it.
TC Student Help Desk (Former Employee), Auburn, WAJune 22, 2012
Pros: it was enjoyable and fun
Cons: low pay and it got kind of slow at times with nothing to do
My job was to help people and maintain computers and workstations which I really enjoyed. The people I worked with and for were amazing and very friendly.
I did have fun and good memories
Office Aide (Former Employee), Auburn, WAApril 12, 2012
Pros: have fun, make new friends, work with international students.
Cons: no cons
It was my first job. I gain a lot of experiences as a beginner. I learn basic experiences at workplace such as having responsibility of setting up spreadsheets, verifying statistical reports, setting up presentations, filing and organizing documents, and processing mail.