Green River Community College Employee Reviews

It is a nice place to work as an International student.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 18, 2017
My job is called Peer Mentor, which basically means a Lifestyle mentor for new coming international students at the school. It was an easy job, our main tasks are to guide students what to do and what not to do in the US, explaining the cultural differences, and mostly hanging out and chatting. The staffs have always been honest and welcoming to me. There is no discrimination at workplace. Everybody just focus in their jobs and are very respectful to the others. My bosses are very frank and serious at meeting, so i learned a lot from them. The salary is basic, we are paid on minimum wage of WA, which is around 9.32$/hour, it is not bad for a first job. In general, GRC International Office is a great place to work as an International student in the contemporary manner of time.
Pros
free pizzas sometimes
Cons
highly selective for a part-time minimum wage job
Most reviews on here are from students!
Classified Staff (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 12, 2017
Management is extremely top heavy, none of which know anything about students or how to manage effectively. Being full time staff is nothing but a spinning vortex of fear that you're going to be fire for going above and beyond anything that isn't explicitly in your job description. "Think student, then decide" has only gotten me repremanded. I'm on my SECOND round of being bullied by my superisor (two completely different supervisors). HR does nothing to support the employees. The union has all but dissapeared from campus giving us no support but still taking dues. All we have is the faint hope that the new president will come in and clean house. Was hoping that my dedication, ethics, and excellence in doing my job would take me into retirement, not HR because im making supervisor look bad for telling the truth. New president please save us!
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Environment that foster and encourages bullying employees, wages tha are below poverty line, no chance for advancement, clueless management.
TRiO Student Services is amazing.
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 22, 2017
It is an amazing feeling to have a student comeback to tell you that from a usual 60% grade he received a 90% on his test!
I was hired by TRiO Student Success Services at Green River Community College. I truly loved this job, my supervisor Annalee, is an incredible woman. She is very patient and helpful with supplies and ideas to help you better tutor your students.
I was able to set my own time with the student and relay those times to my supervisor which was very easy. It was at least one hour per day per student. TRiO has a tutoring/computer lab and there are also private rooms in the Holman Library or the CH building for math tutoring.
Pros
Great students, amazing supervisors, good hours.
Cons
None!
Outstading faculty benefits
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 5, 2017
Obtaining capital investments to acquire state of the art technology was not an issue. Always at the front of the latest technologies.

Beautiful campus.
Benefits
Cons
A culture of "pay your fees and get a B"
Rewarding position
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 27, 2017
I worked as a peer navigator. This position was in essence peer counselor, helping fellow students overcome obstacles that would prevent them from achieving their goal of a college education.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
unmemorable if any
Work study
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 23, 2017
It was a work study. Financial aid team are amazing. Everyone there were so nice and welcoming. I had a great experience and i learned a lot from my managements.
working on campus
Housing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 6, 2017
First job on campus. Coordinated with Student Housing Department to arrange student visa, I-20 and passport. Get to learn a lot for working and meeting the working students
Pros
free lunches and dinner
Cons
no cons
Great employer
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kent and Auburn WAJanuary 30, 2017
I loved working here, great co-workers and supervisors. I got all the training I needed and ongoing support when I needed it. I loved helping students plan their curriculum, answering their inquiries and lowering their fear levels.
Beautiful campus, lovely buildings and a truly meaningful place to work.
Pros
Helping people improve their lives
Ceramics Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 15, 2016
I enjoyed working in the Ceramics Lab very much. I enjoyed working with my supervisor, she was very accommodating when I had last minute schedule changes.
Avesome place to work
Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 27, 2016
Great place to work as a tutor with nice staff members and students. I enjoyed my work and schedule. They give you flexible schedule.
Fun and productive
International Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 25, 2016
I learned how to work with different people and be a leader to in charge of several events The most difficult part of this job I think is to communicate with different companies and work together.
good
Student Assistant of Security Department (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 13, 2016
Good place to work with, its my first part time job. Not much things to do but stay at late night and answering phone calls. Minimum wage is the income, don't expect more.
Pros
easy job
Cons
stay late night
Review
TRiO Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 10, 2015
• Initial contact point for TRiO program- ability to understand and follow organizational systems and specific policies and procedures
• Scheduled intake, orientation, and general advising appointments for TRiO office. Organize and schedule off-campus trips, workshops and supported Tutor Support Supervisor
Perfect Job for a student
Artists & Speakers Series Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 16, 2015
During my time working at Green River Community College I was a part of the CLEO leadership team. Here I learned how to be organized in an office setting, good communication between my team members and our superiors as well as other departments. The best part of my time here was working on a team of likeminded individuals that had the entire student body in mind when making decisions and planning events. the hardest part of this job was juggling an event planning position while also being a full time student. The supervisors were always amazing and would always work with you when things would come up regardless if it was personal or work related.
Pros
Excellent job for a student
Cons
Sometimes the job can get in the way of your schoolwork.
Provide information for vendors to host events
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 9, 2015
The morning I opened the office. Picked up and delivered mail to appropriate department heads. Checked and screened company phone calls and emails. Typed, phoned and contacted prospect vendors. Closed office, did light house keeping as well as ordered and stocked receptionist area. Scheduled and attended mandatory staff meetings and also was co chair of some the organizations for the students.
Educational, Learning new job Skills
Current Student (Current Employee) –  Auburn WashngtonJanuary 25, 2015
I have been attending classes full time to gain skills to open new doors with a stable employment career. I have been taking Business Application Classes to prepare myself for management and to provide me with better office skills. I felt that these classes would prepare me for any office setting.
Pros
Education
Cons
Homework
Great place to meet students and have fun.
Gym Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn WA USAJanuary 20, 2015
It is a great place to work at. I met hundreds of students from all round the world. had fun organizing different sport activities and participating. learned how to be communicative and cooperative. Also it helped me be my own manager when the gym was left unsupervised.
I enjoy the ability to gain more experiences
Current Student (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 3, 2015
I am a full time student, studding business courses. I have worked in the office industry for years but I wanted to learn Excel, Power Point, and Access. I also have taken communication classes and Human Relations Classes. I enjoy working in the office setting and assisting others.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Home Work Lots of it
Helpful student helpdesk job to get started
Student IT Helpdesk, TC Student Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  12401 Southeast 320th Street, Auburn, WA 98092December 18, 2014
It's a basic helpdesk job that is offered to students attending Green River community college. The pay is typical of a student type job and helps with some tuition fees. Job work involves helping students using the computer labs in multiple locations. Help ranges from various software on the computers they use or assisting with hardware problems. Printer and plotter management is also required.
Pros
Job location is on campus, flexible hours
Cons
You can't keep the job unless you are an ongoing full time student
Work Study
PEER ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 14, 2014
Great place to meet a lot of people. I was able to help mentor and lead students to succeed. I learned a lot about communication styles and was able to gain experience with newly learned skills.