Green River Community College

Green River Community College United States Employee Reviews

Provide information for vendors to host events
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, WAFebruary 9, 2015
The morning I opened the office. Picked up and delivered mail to appropriate department heads. Checked and screened company phone calls and emails. Typed, phoned and contacted prospect vendors. Closed office, did light house keeping as well as ordered and stocked receptionist area. Scheduled and attended mandatory staff meetings and also was co chair of some the organizations for the students.
Educational, Learning new job Skills
Current Student (Current Employee), Auburn WashngtonJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: education
Cons: homework
I have been attending classes full time to gain skills to open new doors with a stable employment career. I have been taking Business Application Classes to prepare myself for management and to provide me with better office skills. I felt that these classes would prepare me for any office setting.
Great place to meet students and have fun.
Gym Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn WA USAJanuary 20, 2015
It is a great place to work at. I met hundreds of students from all round the world. had fun organizing different sport activities and participating. learned how to be communicative and cooperative. Also it helped me be my own manager when the gym was left unsupervised.
I enjoy the ability to gain more experiences
Current Student (Current Employee), Auburn, WAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: home work lots of it
I am a full time student, studding business courses. I have worked in the office industry for years but I wanted to learn Excel, Power Point, and Access. I also have taken communication classes and Human Relations Classes. I enjoy working in the office setting and assisting others.
Helpful student helpdesk job to get started
Student IT Helpdesk, TC Student Helpdesk (Former Employee), 12401 Southeast 320th Street, Auburn, WA 98092December 18, 2014
Pros: job location is on campus, flexible hours
Cons: you can't keep the job unless you are an ongoing full time student
It's a basic helpdesk job that is offered to students attending Green River community college. The pay is typical of a student type job and helps with some tuition fees. Job work involves helping students using the computer labs in multiple locations. Help ranges from various software on the computers they use or assisting with hardware problems. Printer and plotter management is also required.
Work Study
PEER ADVOCATE (Former Employee), Auburn, WAAugust 14, 2014
Great place to meet a lot of people. I was able to help mentor and lead students to succeed. I learned a lot about communication styles and was able to gain experience with newly learned skills.
Very easy to look for jobs!
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Auburn, WAAugust 7, 2014
Very simply search engine and provides you lots of great job.
Software and PC Hardware Instructor
Software and Computer Hardware Instructor (Former Employee), Washington State and CONUSJuly 25, 2014
they gave me a chance in the computer industry. I'm forever grateful
A great experience to be a mentor
Mentoring (Former Employee), AuburnJune 20, 2014
I had the chance to listen to people from all over the world and help them adapt to the U.S culture. Everyday is a new story and I've learnt so much from my job. Very enjoyable.
Productive and learning environment
Math Tutorial Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, WAMay 6, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: stressful
As soon as I clock in, I will go into the learning center. Students comes and leaves as they please. There can be as few as 10 students to as many as 30 people in the learning center at a time with 4 tutors available. As a tutor, I will be walking around the center helping any student who needs help. During peak period, it can be stressful because the ratio is 1 tutor to 7 students. I have to bounce from one student to another with no time to rest. As I teach, I am recapping what I know as well as learning. My co-workers are all students so it's easy to connect to them.
Productive and fun place to work and learn
Grounds Maintenance (Current Employee), Auburn, WAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: ride around in a small electric cart
Cons: it's always raining and we still get wet and have to go to classes afterwards
garbage cleanup and making sure that all the grounds are clean and free of obstacles. That students should pay more attention to keeping there school clean and neat. I have a lot of fun with my co-workers and do a lot of laughing.
Nice Environment and Friendly Workplace
BNUZ Program Leader (Former Employee), Auburn, WAMarch 4, 2014
I really enjoyed work with others and lead groups of students. I learned a lot about the leadership. And my communication skill was improved.
Expected environment for a college internship
IT Student Help Desk (Former Employee), Auburn, WashingtonDecember 27, 2013
Pros: exposure to wide variety of issues
Cons: n/a
Nothing special about this position really. It was an internship that was performed as a requirement for my degree program
was ok
Baker (Former Employee), Auburn, WADecember 3, 2013
Manager and other stuff were excellent people. Schedule were fitting well nothing to complaint about.
Independent office work
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, WANovember 18, 2013
Most days consisted of grading student's tests and running errands. I got my personal space, but there was absolutely no interaction with others, as I had to be focused while grading.
PRODUCTIVE , FUN WORKER , BUBBLELY
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Auburn, WAOctober 25, 2013
Mostly a typical day at work wold consist of operating the cash register fast and efficiently. In addition to building great teams and partnerships with co-worker and customers. The hardest part of my job will have to be not coming to work on my days off, because I enjoy working everyday.
Compensation and Benefits were good.
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee), Auburn, WAMay 13, 2013
Pros: good facility, wonderful students and staff, had the supplies i needed.
Cons: poor management decisions that impacted the students negatively.
Four stars: Off for management decisions: i.e., cancelling the nursing assistant program on the first day of class, which negatively impacted the students.
I enjoyed working with the students and sharing my knowledge and experience. The hardest part was counseling students who were not performing well. I enjoyed my fellow faculty members and I believe we worked well together.
Green River is rated the third leading community college in Washington
Student (Former Employee), Auburn, WAMarch 24, 2013
I gained more knowledge and care than I ever expected. I was allowed to take a Certificate Program vs. having to get a degree. With prior Work Experience and Education, I had to prove that I knew the information being presented to me.
I made the most of it and want to apply what I learned in my new occupation.
Excellent school
Occupational Therapy Assistant Program (Former Employee), Auburn, WASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: great environment
Cons: far from my home
I was here as a COTAS only. I made no money. One of the best school I have ever attended. We generally attended from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
love the work environment and people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), auburn, WAAugust 27, 2012
my co-worker are very nice and freindly. Love that job. Very good management and it is a very fast working environment but I love it.