Green Star Exteriors Employee Reviews

Fun and Motivational Workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2017
Green Star Exteriors offers a different kind of work place. What I really like about this company is that they really do care about you and you're more than just another employee.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Work hours
Excellent place to work
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2017
I have been here for about a week and this place is amazing. The bosses are great to work for they really make you feel like family and if you have any problems or concerns you can go to them and they will help you. The best part of the job is being able to hang out with your new buddies and earn a real paycheck.
Pros
Excellent managment, Great workplace culture
Cons
A great encouraging environment will ample growth available.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2017
There is a great culture and environment that makes it easy to learn, grow and succeed. The company takes care of their employees and the pay is limitless as you can add to your base pay by the hundreds. Can't go wrong with this company.
Pros
Pay, culture and opportunity
Cons
Productive and upbeat work environment!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2017
The office culture here at Green Star is awesome! Everybody here gets along and makes a great team. Despite the fun work environment, everyone here works hard and there is always something new to learn!

Working at Green Star is great!
Pros
Upbeat office environment, great co-workers, room to grow
Cons
Work schedule
Enjoyable workplace and room for growth.
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2017
Green Star Exteriors has a fun and enjoyable work environment. The company has room for individual growth. The training that is provided gives you the tools to be successful. If you learn the skills they teach you, and stick with it you have a good opportunity to make good money. Everyone wants you to succeed here!!!!
Pros
Good opportunity for making money
Cons
Work 2 Saturdays a month
Great culture for advancement
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2016
I recently graduated college and wanted to find an opportunity where I could advance my career while being apart of a fun environment. Green Star Exteriors has met those requirements and MORE!!!

The growth of the company is unreal!! At the Holiday party they announced that the company grew close to 40%.

Within my short time of working here (7 months) ive already felt as if this is the company I want to continue my career with. Since the growth of the company is so incredible, ive already been considered for advancement within the company.
Pros
fun upbeat culture. great employees
Cons
Nothing!
Don't believe the hype
Marketing/Sales (Door-to-Door Soliciting) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2016
This company isn't bad for someone with little bills or major responsibilities, but when you start off knocking door-to-door asking for business it's not as great as they make it seem. It makes it a little bit more annoying that this company doesn't have permits for soliciting anywhere so you will frequently get the cops called on you. When the cops show up if they catch you knocking on someone's door they sometimes ticket you with the fines ranging anywhere from $200-$1000 depending on what town you're in. Also don't expect to move up in the company seeing as how most of the sales people are friends of the owner and the other management positions are filled and not going anywhere in the foreseeable future. The base pay isn't great and obviously the extra bonus pay isn't guaranteed and is very unstable. They have made promises of advancement and opportunity to some employees who were there for years that they failed to live up to and have let others go with little to no warning without giving them any actual advice or direction beforehand. It can be a relaxed, fun environment at times but almost to a fault. Those in charge may act like your best friend, but be cautious in thinking they have your back when push comes to shove. Other than the very select few door-to-door people don't let them sell you on the idea of making great money and be prepared to work long hours every day. On average with the amount of time spent at work compared to what you get paid, at the end of the day it's not much better than minimum wage. Most of the reviews written on here are from people who work  more... there in management positions with personal stakes in the success of the company. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. How many companies actually have 5 star reviews? I'm not saying it's impossible to make good money at this place, it's just not that likely.  less
Pros
Some great people you work with. Can be a fun environment at times.
Cons
Indirect managment, Long hours with typically low rewards, Knocking door-to-door asking for business, Soliciting without permits can lead to neighbors calling cops, If cops see you knocking they sometimes give you a ticket
Fun, Laidback, Great Compensation
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2016
I graduated from Temple in 2014 and had tremendous difficulty finding a job as an entry level employee. I bounced around betweeen 4 different companies over 18months, until i found GreenStar. I've now been here at GreenStar for 7months. I have gotten 2 friends and 1 cousin jobs here as well. I dont want to make this place seem "too good to be true" but i really really enjoy working here. Its a fun workplace, everyone is young, hang out together, and feed off of eachother's positive mentality!

The job itself has its pros n cons just like every other sales based job out there....You get what you put in! As it pertains to salary...The sky is the limit!! the payment structure is widely accepted by all us employees, with lucrative bonuses for those who step up and beyond! Thats why i say, you get what you put in!
Pros
Great Salary, Fun environment
Cons
work saturdays
Opportunities are Endless!!!
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2016
Green Star Exteriors is an amazing place to work. The atmosphere in the sales room is unbelievable. Management keeps our heads in the game even if problems do occur.

When I first started I didn't have a clue about the business world. But in the last 6 months I learned more than I thought possible. Things I didn't even think about could be a full time career for someone.

The growth of the company is also incredible. I have been promoted in my 6 months and so have many other employees. Positions have also been created for certain employees so the career opportunities are endless.
Pros
Base pay + Commission and benefits.
Cons
No 401k yet, but it's in the works.
Great environment with friendly personalities
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2016
I really like working at Green Star Exteriors. All of people are friendly and offer a helping hand. I have learned valuable information that not only helps with the job but with life. The management is great,They offer helpful advice and always make you feel part of the team. The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling that I am providing a service that really helps people.
Pros
bonuses, good hours
Cons
work on saturday

Want to know more about Green Star Exteriors?

Ask a question
Best place I have ever worked!!
Outside Sales Representative/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2016
I have been in this industry for a long time and have worked at some of the largest companies.. None of them are like Green Star! Working here has shown me a completely different side of the industry because of Green Star's vision. I believe in the company and would highly recommend Green Star to anyone who wants to grow professionally.
Pros
Great environment, friendly people, awesome team
Cons
Schedule take some getting used to but the money makes up for it
fun workplace where everyones views are heard
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2016
a typical day at work begins with a meeting with all of the marketing representitives. The management goes over the appointments set from the day before, as well as how many appointments sold. Everyone is asked how they feel on the job and then you go to a territory. You then must go door to door marketing for Green Star, trying to set perspective appointments.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
No job security, Little room for advancement
Amazing and motivating work environment!!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2016
My experience at Green Star so far has been amazing! Everyone in the office is very friendly and all get along very well. The work environment is always positive and uplifting which makes it easy to stay motivated. The training was great, they work with you until you feel comfortable making sales on your own instead of just throwing you in the field like most companies. Another thing that I liked about GSE training was that i never felt weird or annoying asking questions and to this day they still answer all of my questions no problem!

Since Green Star is a smaller company, there is never an issue with trying to communicate with management, they are always there for you! Overall, Green Star is a young, fast growing company with so much potential. I always leave work smiling and would totally recommend this company!
Pros
fun environment, work hard play hard, bonuses are realistic and achievable
Cons
not a 9-5 job
Fast growing and naturally motivating workplace
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2016
Green Star Exteriors has an environment that naturally motivates the entire team. Working at Green Star is amazing and extremely gratifying. The energy and excitement in our office makes the experience truly unique for all employees. From a management perspective, we strive to develop each of our team members while pushing them to challenge themselves each day. Since 2014, I have grown as a manager, as an employee, and as a person thanks to this company. I truly have enjoyed every moment so far and am super excited to experience all Green Star has to offer in years to come.
Pros
Green Star is a company that promotes honesty and integrity
Cons
We've outgrown the current office space and need a larger office sooner than later
Fun Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
This is a very fun place to work. I am an administrative assistant in the office, and all my coworkers have wonderful personalities. The environment is the best I've ever experienced. I would definitely recommend working here to anyone looking to gain relevant experience for their career goals!
Pros
Fun work environment, good pay rates, and you gain a lot of amazing experience
Cons
Most of us work Saturdays
Great place to work, great people to work with
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
Fantastic place to work. A very professional, forward thinking company. If you're looking for a career that will allow you to learn and grow both professionally and personally, GSE is a great place to be. We're growing rapidly which makes the opportunities for upward mobility plentiful.

Green Star also has a great culture. If you're hard working and success-driven, you'll fit right in.
Positive Work Culture and Plenty of Opportunity for Growth!
Inbound Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2016
I’ve been with this company for only a month and I must say, I have felt absolutely welcomed and comfortable since my first day here. It feels really good to work in a fun, laid back environment where your bosses and co-workers are so down to earth, and offer every bit of advice needed to learn your job. I am very happy that I chose this company to work for.
Cons
There's nothing really to complain about.
Great Place to Work and Excellent Growth Oppurtunity
Processor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2016
The atmosphere at Green Star is probably what makes the company so great. Everyone who works here is pleasant and fun to be around, creating a great work environment that makes it easy to come to work every day. The company is new and growing, which provides new employees with an amazing growth opportunity; there is room to grow into almost any position that you desire, as long as you are willing to put in the work and prove that you deserve the promotion. I myself was moved into a more desirable position from where I started in the company, because I proved myself and my competence in my original position. Management is excellent and very accommodating; they are willing to work with you on almost any issue and genuinely want you to do well.
Pros
Great management, excellent growth oppurtunity
Cons
Company is new and growing, so you need patience and an excellent work ethic to advance within
Awesome company to work for!
Web Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2016
I have been with Green Star Exteriors for almost two years and I've truthfully enjoyed every minute of it. It is such a satisfying feeling to work for a company that is growing and growing along with it. You really get the feeling that everyone is on the same page in trying to accomplish the company's main goal: pleasing the customer.

I've learned a lot while woring here. The management is really willing to take the time to teach and explain things. There is great camaraderie and support amongst everyone in the office. Overall, Green Star Exteriors is a great company to work for.
Remodeling startup, growing ridiculously fast.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  1538 Packer Ave. of Philadelphia PA 19145January 14, 2016
I think the main thing that charactarizes the employment experience at Green Star is that it's a young startup company that is astonishingly successfull (the company grew by more than 25% before I had even been at Green Star for a year, no exaggeration). This translates into a lot of energy and positivity at the office. And since it's a young company, it's still very agile: able to course-correct, learn and adapt quickly. New ideas are easily heard and tested. And with devotion, it is easy to be recognized and granted more responsiblity.

The downsides to working at Green Star are also kind of wrapped up in the fact that it's a startup: things move pretty fast and there are still some gaps in company policies. We are still encountering new obstacles and questions we haven't run into before, and end up having to invent policy on the spot sometimes. This might be frustrating for people who are used to working at older, larger companies with established protocols for every possible scenario.

The owner of Green Star runs the company with the close help of his childhood friends - most of whom are in their early thirties with a college education in business or marketing, and are therefor much more savvy in terms of modern building materials and the desires/expectations of today's homeowners than most other contractors.

The three main topics of conversation at the office are (listed in descending order): sports, betting on sports, and fantasy sports.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Green Star Exteriors. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8