Green Tree Servicing

Green Tree Servicing Employer Reviews

Great Learning Experience
Account Manager (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: management
Working at Green Tree, I have learned everything from Escrow to Short Sales and Foreclosures.
productive place with high team morale
Financial Collections Front End Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2014
Pros: long lunch, added incentives, good benefits
Cons: work every other saturday and hard to advance to better position
A typical work day is calling customers who are at least 30 days behind. You get 2 breaks and an hour lunch. Bonuses are achievable with 100% goal but is sometimes hard to reach depending on the month. Team morale is high and managment tries to add incentives like gift cards, cash, etc.
poor working environment sweat shop favorstism bad supervisors uppermanagement also bad only reps that they want to bonus and have easy ques
collector (Current Employee), San Antonio texasAugust 3, 2014
Pros: non
Think twice before working for this company or you will find out the hard way eom have stay till 9pm even if you. Hit your goal
Fun place to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Dallas, TxJuly 21, 2014
It was an rewarding experience i really enjoyed working for this company i hated the fact that it closed under certain circumstances
Unprofessional
Default Admin (Temp Position) (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: able to listen to music
Cons: unprofessional
A typical day at woark consiste of repetitive work, often ran out of work during work hours. Wasn't able to receive service inside buliding which I didn't like due to the fact I have a small child and if there was an emergency no one would be able to get in contact with me.
Business Analyst in the Mortgage Servicing Industry
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 7, 2014
This is a long standing Mortgage Servicer that has many job opportunities for those with the right experience. It started off as a collections company for mortgages and the business has expanded beyond that, however unfortunately the culture has not evolved. It has poor leadership, structure, and processes for such a large corporation. The good thing – more... is the benefits are very reasonable and time off is generous. – less
Terrible bonus structure and hours
Senior Account Analyst (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOJuly 1, 2014
No chance for advancement. Benefits were okay. Did not follow guidelines of EEOC.
review summary
Customer Service Representative/Collections (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJune 17, 2014
Cons: healthcare
I average a nearly 100% in the over 10 years of employment in QA. Was let go in Jan due to not hitting the new goals which I had no control of due to the filtering of calls . Not every collector was assigned to difficult accounts and low amounts of payments . You cannot compete with reps getting accounts of high dollar amounts and I was working the – more... 300.00 dollar accounts. I am proud of the assistants that I was able to give to customers, and also do my job correctly. I spent a lot of time correcting mistakes created by other reps and there is no accountability for that or credit given to us who did our job correcting . – less
poor
Collector (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 30, 2014
Pros: bonus if you can get it
Cons: everything else..management is bad
Don't care about the employes break FDCP all the time. Management is bad.
A company that is more collection driven than loss mitigation focused
FHA Retention Underwriter (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2014
Pros: set schedule, monthly bonuss
Cons: not a lot of training or instruction
A typical day at work would be creating reports then reviewing them to see if any new documentation has been received. If it is new docs the loss mit process would be started by opening the workstation, reviewing the docs, requesting any missing items, calculating the income, and running the info through the proper systems to get a workout decision. – more... If the docs are for a active workout review they would be reviewed to see if they complete the file.
I have learned some of the FHA rules and regulations. This is an on going process as they are updated and changed on periodically.
The management team is good about answering questions and advising on a course of action in different situations. Likewise the team around me is great. Always willing to lend a hand.
The hardest part of this job is that it changes from day to day due to changes in software and in government rules and restrictions.
The job is challenging which is enjoyable. – less
Great people
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee), Painesville, OHMay 22, 2014
Contacting customers by phone. I've learned how difficult it was for consumers. Management was tough. Coworkers were great
Too much favoritism
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: work with little to no supervision.
Cons: lowwwwwwwww pay.
Could be a great company to work for if you're considered one of the favorites. Favorites get the best, the best loans and more loans than the average person.
Greentree Servicing Review
Escrow Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 5, 2014
I was the contact for all needed back pay issues in the homeowners escrow account. I would have to contact tax offices to get the balances of due taxes paid before mortgages could go through to modification.

Management - Was good, however the supervisor / manager that was there at the time I was there, moved to another dept.

Co-Workers - Great... – more... very helpful if needed.

Hardest part of the job was calling to get information and not getting the correct info in a timely fashion to move the loan forward.

I enjoy talking to many different kinds of people throughout the day.

They eliminated my position and moved it to an offsite location that handled some other things for the company and then they ended my assignment. – less
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no stability
An average day would be to take 12-14CPH, assist home owners with payment arrangments, copies of mortgages, Titles, Ect., provide information ion regards to turn time for document request, payoffs, refinacing ect. Follow adherence time to stay at 80% or above.
Job
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 30, 2014
No Comment!...
.Tell us about:
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
fast paced
Default Serving Specialist - Loss Mitigation (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 15, 2014
Was a fast paced environment and lots of multitasking. All departments worked together to complete the desired outcome
Great place to work.
Closing Team Lead (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: good compensarion and flexible hours
Great company to work for. Easy to get along with co-workers and management. Everyone is very approchable with any questions you may have. Benefits are also great.
Management has no respect for the employees or customers
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: compensation for meeting monthly goals
Cons: hours varied, management disrespectful
The day with this company was very depressing due to lack of respect management gave their employees and customers . The company is required to abide by FDCPA guidelines and that was not always encouraged to collect a debt.
Fun Workplace
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2014
Good management, very team oriented and family friendly environment.
Absolutely worst customer service
CFO of Mortgages and Lending (Current Employee), New YorkFebruary 11, 2014
Cons: terrible customer service department and policies
GT Servicing is the dumpster of customer service. They buy perfectly good loans from other banks, then drive down efficiencies through terrible business practices. We are taught that if a customer asks a question that is not part of the automated response system, we just say "no, we can't do that".

Two examples:
I dealt with a customer who had paid – more... his loan on time every month for 10 years. We upgrade our systems and lost his data, thus we processed his payment 4 days late. This was unbeknownst to him because GT doesn't have a customer notification process. Rather than waive the fee, I was told to just charge the late fee and begin accruing interest. The customer had no way of knowing that our systems weren't working unless he literally called every day from the day he put his check in the mail until the payment was due. We didn't bother to notify him, and now his credit has worsened.

I had a customer who lived overseas. You would think that in 2014, a company would be able to process customers who lives overseas, but not GT Servicing!! Our systems were unable to recognize anything in the address other than City and State (no Country). We were not allowed to send international faxes. And worst of all, our website only allows access from the US. The customer was left stranded and has ultimately had to pay an international courier and transferred his mortgage to another (more modern) bank.

I am very disappointed in the way that Green Tree Servicing does things. – less

1 2 3

About Green Tree Servicing

Money might not grow on trees, but green does grow on this tree. Green Tree Servicing is one of the largest servicers of home – Read more