Green Tree Servicing Employee Reviews in United States

High Stress with Limited Praise/Compensation
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at work involved meetings with Regional Director and Management staff to discuss portfolio goals as well as address any company policy/procedure changes and implementations. A very tense and negative atmosphere most of the time due to the managing style of the Regional Office Director. Employees consistently given unrealistic monthly goals as well as some employees being compensated for bending the rules when they don't apply to all employees in the same job description. All about the numbers. Schedule 13-14 hour days for 3-5 days a week, no overtime benefits.
Pros
Employment growth and fair bonuses
Cons
Constant Negative atmosphere caused by dictator lead management syle
Company was down sizing
Escrow Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 23, 2016
This work place was efficient at the time in my life and it was time for a change, The Management was not able to work with other to have a fair work place, It was time to move on and seek other adventures.
Pros
Hours, Good Benifits
Cons
Management not acceptable
Very good place to work
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 24, 2015
I loved my customers had the pleasure of knowing them for 13 years developed a very good relationship with them which in return made my job in collections a lot easier. I also enjoyed working with my co-workers whom were like family due to me being around them more than I was with my kids and other family members.
Pros
very good benifits, alot of incentives
Cons
very long hours
Mortgage Collector II
Mortgage Collector II (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 30, 2015
Typical work day included email follow up regarding servicing question in regards to the refinance process and the customer often contacted and wanted o inquire about the approval. I would perform these duties while making outbound phone calls to delinquent customers in my pipeline. Management was good but aggressive at the same time, communication was an area on improvement for management and changes implemented. The staff at Greentree was very professional and polite and hard working as well. The hardest part of my job was informing a customer about a denial that was received. The best part of my job was informing the customer they in fact were approved and we could save the home loan with a better loan structure.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
demanding hours on holidays
Challenging enviroment; daily and monthly goals.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 17, 2015
250 to 300 calls daily inbound and or outbound. Learned how to communicate with many different groups of people, with many different financial struggles.

Management would drive you to work smarter not harder, Co-workers would team up to resolve all matters of concern, whether challenging or and on a need to be via interroffice!

The lack of skip tracing capabilities.

Making the customer happy to resolve their financial needs.
Pros
Regional success
Cons
Long hours every end of the month
Nice work Space and Nice Environment
Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 24, 2015
My day was quite busy at Greentree was required to make sure phones are constantly ringing to maintain 120 calls a day i also learned a lot about Mortgages i assist customers who where from 1 -120 days past due on there Mortgages and gave them options to prevent a possible foreclosure and charge on there property, Management and Co workers where very helpful the hardest Part of the job honestly was the end of the month only because of the crunch time to make sure goals are meet..but end of month was also fun Because of the Games that were played to keep us all Motivated to collect as much as possible
Pros
Company Lunches
Challenging but fullfilling environment
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 27, 2015
Employees were rewarded and praised for a job well done. Employees were challenged with numerous tasks that helped us grow. Any productive employee at Green Tree will be successful at any other similar company.
Pros
Bonuses based on individuals and teams.
Cons
Local office closed down.
Fun place to work
SPOC-Collector (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 15, 2015
A typical day at Greentree Servicing was dealing with customers who wanted their homes and customers who refuse to return our calls and some that you could not help due to no income coming in. What I learn was that the mobile homes they lived in were upside down. The management was okay and my co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was having to prepare an account for and legal and foreclosure knowing that my customers were over 60 plus years old. The oldest that we had to go legal on was 85 years. Her kids were suppose to be paying her bills and we later found out that they had a gambling problem. The most enjoyable thing about my job was knowing that you put a plan in place for them to pay their homes off in full and the people that I worked with.
Pros
Helping them stay in their homes
Cons
having to file legal and foreclosure against them
Ok place to work. It all depends on which department you work in.
Foreclosure Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 20, 2015
Coworkers and immediate supervisors in my department were nice. Mandatory overtime was difficult to balance with family life at times. High pressure to always work faster and have higher work production. Depending on which department the work schedule could be flexible. Benefits were good but pay scale was low, although there is potential for bonuses. I learned a lot about spreadsheets and how the foreclosure process works.
Pros
GOOD BENEFITS AND POTENTIAL BONUSES. COMPANY PROVIDED COFFEE, TEA, HOT CHOCOLATE, LOW PRICED SODAS. CLEAN ENVIRONMENT. DECORATING/PERSONALIZING CUBICLES IS ACCEPTABLE.
Cons
LOW PAY SCALE FOR THE KNOWLEDGE YOU NEED FOR YOUR POSITION-2% RAISES, HIGH PRESSURE. LONG HOURS DEPENDING ON WORK LOAD.
Learning Experience
Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2016
Greentree was a wonderful place to work. Management was very friendly and understanding. The hardest part of the job was the challenge. Overall it was most enjoyable and went by fast due to the fast work pace of the job.
Family
Account Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2016
Green Tree did not have much room for advancement but the VP Over the Department did the best he could to make it enjoyable
Pros
bonus
Cons
long hour and pay was not compensated well for the hours worked
Fun work enviornment
Loan Counselor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 30, 2015
Great company to work for, not a great work life balance for an individual with kids.Long hours during month end.Management is easily to work with.
Never Again
SPOC (Former Employee) –  GoodlettsvilleJune 24, 2015
I was completely misled in the interview process. In short, they lied to me about my work hours and how they run their business. You are totally micro managed. Hey, if you like to work with people breathing down your neck the entire time, then this job is for you!! "Oh, Green Tree is constantly growing. Expanding our business." after working there a while, we find out that they're closing our site. Too bad, eh? F you, find another job. Meanwhile, we'll promise double bonus but raise your goal to 95% or higher to make sure you DON'T get it.
No. Do not go to work there. I would NOT recommend it.
Pros
Good salary, not worth the stress
Good team spirit
Account Representative/Collections (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 13, 2015
Long hours, good compensation-
good awards incentives and insurance
forward thinking company
appreciation oriented goals
Pros
always full time/ good about holidays
Cons
always full time-
Not Recommended
Loss Mitigation Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 29, 2015
Unrealistic expectations. Required to collect documents, underwrite files, answer never-ending incoming calls and make required number of calls all at the same time. It's impossible to focus on underwriting files when the phones never stop ringing. If you make a mistake you're reprimanded and lose a part of your bonus. The goals are set so high that you're stressed out trying to meet them. If you don't meet your goals, you're reprimanded and criticized. Horrible place. They can't keep people and wonder why. Managers and team leaders are partial and show favoritism. Very critical to the least favorites and ignore or make excuses for their favorites.
Pros
Bonuses were good if you can make the full amount without penalties.
Cons
Stressful, stressful, stressful.
company went under
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Copiague, NYFebruary 16, 2016
It was fun to work for greentree but finally home depot figured out that they pay their own employees a good salary and they don't need us.
The company is a great place to work if you are able to work in a place where it is constantly changing.
Loss Analysis Loan Servicing Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 23, 2015
I like the company as whole and the environment. However, there is no room to grow and I am looking to grow and broaden my career.
production company
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 15, 2015
High production company, overworks employees, high turnover, no job security. Management doesn't know how to lead or have understanding towards its employees.
Cons
environment, management, overworked
Benefits
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 23, 2015
has good pay good benefits long hours and was in a good location the company closed in the local office and now being handles out of a few call center locations
Single Point of Contact (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2015
Green Tree is hustle and Bust yet there is a overwhelming since of community. Commission here is great! If you are seeking a professional or even a semi professional work environment this is not the job for you. Still there are great members of the staff at the region 16 location. If you work hard there is room for advancement. Management could use some tweaking overall its an ok place to be employed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Green Tree Servicing. Our community is ready to answer.