GreenLight Biosciences is seeking an exceptional, highly-motivated Research Associate to work on cutting edge technology in the renewable chemicals space. The successful candidate will work with the process development team with a focus on bioreactor operation in a challenging milestone-driven environment. Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems, are essential.
- Setup, operation, and routine maintenance of bioreactors ranging in size from bench scale to 100+ L.
- Design and implement bioreactor experiments and scalable control strategies for optimization.
- Monitor processes to ensure consistency and reliability.
- Work with team members in the development of protocols and guidelines for best practices to minimize process problems.
- Help write SOPs and experimental protocols.
- B.S. or M.S. in chemical engineering, bioengineering, or equivalent
- Relevant undergraduate/graduate experience in an academic or industrial laboratory (1-3 years industrial experience preferred) including:
o Proficiency in microbial culturing and aseptic techniques (required)
o Basic understanding of microbial metabolism and nutritional requirements (preferred)
- Comfortable working with bioreactor control systems, associated software and fermentation analytical equipment
- Must be highly-motivated with exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
Indeed - 19 months ago