Greenberg Traurig Employee Reviews

Large international law firm
Intellectual Property Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 22, 2016
Good place to work, treat very well with parties etc. I don't feel that they set their pay standards according to the times. Don't receive any more than cost of living raises.
Pros
Treat very well
Cons
Pay not very good
Stable Job and Good Company
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2016
Greenberg is a good law firm to work for. In Atlanta, a lot of focus is put on the Entertainment Group, but we have many great law departments. Conflicts is one of the better departments. The hardest part of the job is that it can be very demanding and fast paced. This makes the day go by faster. The only issue that I have found is that the pay is under market at this time, I am hoping that they catch up to the market soon.
Pros
Great company, Great supportive people.
Cons
Low pay scale
High level work for a well run firm
Associate Attorney (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 13, 2016
I spent my time at GT working on a very large case - lots of hours, but high level work. GT was very fair in compensation, and worked with some of the best attorneys I've come across.
Does not keep word
Manager - Enterprise Messaging (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2016
Management tried to force a move after employed and no flexibility to follow through on committment. Little ability to communicate changes.
Legal Sweatshop
Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2016
This place burns through associates like it's going out of style. Management is horrific at the partner level and associates leave every other week. Hours are completely inconsistent and you're always on call.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Always on call; inconsistent hours; no respect for personal time.
Good place to work, comfortable atmosphere and good location
Intellectual Property Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 1, 2016
It was a busy desk in the beginning and I learned a lot about foreign trademarks. Management at the time was light and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
Cons
Workload diminished
Fun place to work sometimes
clerk (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Too may cliques at this company, management never had a clue what individual staff did on a day to day basis and only wanted more and more, never cared.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short lunch break
1st Job Experience
Case Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2016
Things tended to hectic and hours could get crazy, but the staff works well as a team and there is always support when you need it.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Difficult to move up
Greenberg Traurig, LLC
Systems Admin (Former Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 3, 2015
Ranked as one of the Top 20 law firms based on number of attorneys in the US and the world. Greenberg Traurig, LLC helps clients bridge diverse legal systems and cultures, with a focus on efficient and effective strategic advice and legal services.
Solid Company with strong growth planned
ACCOUNTING AND REVENUE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2015
Greenberg is a global law firm with close to 1,600 attorneys worldwide. They provide quality service to their corporate accounts, and they provide good benefits. The Houston office environment is professional and close-knit.
Broad-based business law firm providing high end, high quality services to the business community
Of Counsel (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 29, 2015
An excellent, very geographically dispersed business law firm serving upper middle and upper echelon business clientele. Very well managed at the corporate level; Solid and very well qualified professionals and interesting work.
Pros
Tremendous breadth of expertise and excellent collaberation firm-wide
Cons
Fee structure not competitive in some markets
Very welcoming environment.
Director of First Impressions (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 7, 2015
I enjoy working in a big law firm, but my salary wage is too low. The attorneys can be very demanding, which can sometimes become a challenge, but it also strengthens my multi tasking capabilities. I enjoy what I do.
Excellent firm within the legal community
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  denver, coJanuary 5, 2015
I did not want to leave tis position, however some life events have forced me to move. The legal environment is a tough one, but with the right personality and skill set, you can be successful. This office prides itself on hiring candidates that are the perfect fit, there is a rigorous hiring process that is unlike any other but in the end, it's well worth the effort. The environment is positive and no two days are alike, there are numerous training opportunities and room for advancement. I would highly recommend this company for anyone looking to advance their knowledge and skills in the legal field.
The GT Atlanta office tends to overwork and stress their employees and does not compensate accordingly.
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2014
A typical day at GT was always a challenge due to the high profile people that I supported. Nonetheless, I was always happy to come to work because of my two fellow employees in the IT department. They were real stand up guys and taught me a lot of what I know now. I've learned priceless information and gained many skills during my tenure at GT, and I took pride in my job and always went the extra mile to get things done. The hardest part of the job was when our main partner in the firm would have computer equipment issues, or his office automation systems would go on the brink when he would actually be in the office(He was usually always traveling the world for work for his clients). However, GT was a great company to work for and to learn new skills in almost anything technology related. The resources were always available for us techs to better ourselves. I truly believe that I would still be with GT if only I was compensated like my fellow colleagues in the same field.
Pros
Most people were very friendly and patient whenever IT situations came about. Also, we were given the opportunuties to work with the newest technolgies on a daily basis.
Cons
Compensation, salary, healthcare benefits, taffic, parking
Large firm
Administrative Assistant - Corporate & Securities (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Fast paced; large firm; great co-workers. Have learned how to be flexible and accommodating to daily change.
No work/life balance
Immigration Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2014
Working at Greenberg was incredibly stressful without any support from the attorneys I worked with.
Very good enviroment to grow and learn.
Assistant, Digital Department for Litigation (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 11, 2014
This company offer a lot of encouragement for their employees. They provide a lot of resources to grow and learn, such as webinars, and workshops related to the field. The work environment promotes team building. I loved working here.
Entertainment Department was very free wheeling and exciting environment
Case Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2013
Responding to attorney requests for information from various entertainment law related agreements
Pros
It was the Entertainment business...very fun!
Cons
Constant pressure
Top performers
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 15, 2013
Great for people who want to produce good work. However the fact that attorneys are managers leaves a lot of room for improvement.
Prestigus and professional environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 5, 2013
Great place to start your career. Or a lifetime career with great environment.
Pros
treat employees with care and understanding
Cons
advancement is based on cost of living

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenberg Traurig. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9