Greene Resources Employee Reviews

Very Disappointed with Mis-represented position/applicant beware!
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 5, 2013
Shocked that Receptionist position was so misrepresented by placement agency & employer. Not a front desk position at all apart from lunch coverage. The agency & their client have misunderstanding of Receptionist duties. This position actually is a full time Data Entry/Filing Clerk w/BACK-UP Reception coverage for lunch hour and 2nd ring calls. This position desk is not at front but down hall w/A/R dept. doing their data entry & filing. I faced the wall and did straight data entry. Back was to everyone who came in that area & hardly spoke w/anyone apart from answering a few calls. Greene did not check on me, but I kept them informed regularly advising what the position really was. Unfortunately, because I chose not to continue in a position that wasn't really a Receptionist, it appears they have penalized me for being honest by wishing me good luck in my job search. JUST BE SURE THE POSITION YOU APPLY FOR IS REALLY WHAT THE ORGANIZATION NEEDS!
Cons
very disappointed w/agency; lack of follow-thru; indifference to me as the employee
Very demaning high pressure job with limited benefits.
Data Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 24, 2014
Although I appreciate the fact that I had a job, this job was one of the most stressful jobs I've ever had. There was much pressure to perform and little incentive to do so. The attendance policy and benefits such as PTO/Holiday was absolutely ludicrous! You had to work a total of 1500 hours to be eligible for PTO (you only received one day) and get paid for a paid holiday. I'm used to working 90 days and after the 90 period, you are eligible to receive pay for paid holidays and you're entitled to use your accrued PTO. The insurance that was offered was awful with high deductibles and very little coverage. To be honest, the only enjoyable part of this job was getting a paycheck.
Cons
attendance policy, pto, holiday time off, benefits.
Friendly place to work with diverse enviroment
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 14, 2013
Working for Greene Resources at the FDA Center for Tobacco Products building, as a research associate was one of my favorite positions. I became familiar with a lot of SOPs and loved the up-to-date relevance of the work each of us in that FDA building. Things could get pretty fast-paced, but yet our group of 10 (in Greene Resources) worked together so well, that things stayed mellow in our section. We researched pages of FDA material daily, ensuring that the pertinent information was instantly available for any FDA worker that needed it through their database. Everyone there was very friendly and cared about our suggestions/ input.
Helpful & Caring Staff, Great Placements
TEMP PLACEMENT Administrative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 1, 2015
Greene Resources gives everything you expect from a staffing agency. Helpful staff, always available by email or phone for an inquiry. Easy to use pay system, and timely direct deposit. I have worked several temp placements through this company and they have all been reputable and stable business. I had several job offers from these placements and ended up getting a full-time position at more than my asking compensation! I was never offered a position or interview that was not a good opportunity for long-term professional experience.
Rude management but busy workplace
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Durham NCNovember 14, 2014
A typical day at work was assembling light bulbs if a truck came in and getting sent home if no truck came in. I learned many parts of the light bulb and how to assemble them. Management was unprofessional and unorganized. My co-workers were very enjoyable for the most part. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had a lot of work to keep us busy.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
management and short breaks
does not care about their employees
Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 27, 2016
Greene hires young inexperienced people as managers who have no idea what they are doing or how to manage effectively. There is no communication. They move you where ever without any concern with what you are looking to do or trying to find a job suited for YOU. They will out you where THEY need you not the other way around. Overall this "staffing" company is NO GOOD!
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
long hours. no OT. management sucks
Good place to get your foot in the door.
Advanced Semi-Conductor Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 19, 2015
My first time working with a staffing agency. They typically hire for Cree, where you work 12 hour rotating shifts. There benefits are reasonable and now earning pto hours is easier for the temps. But starting from the temp agency you will more than likely be switched to the night shift regardless if you can work that shift or not.
Pros
you dont need much experience.
Cons
raises are slow and small amounts
thought it was a great opportunity.
bilingual interviewer (Former Employee) –  NCApril 9, 2014
I had applied to this company as a bilingual interviewer, went through training orientation and thought the job was mine so to say. Then was seated separatly with about 2others that had applied and was let go with a sad excuse. "We over hire on purpose just incase those that we had selected don't show" who says that as an employeer. They should put that in the job description also.
Cons
pto
It was a okay place to work, not enough interaction with managers
Machine Operator Contract (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 25, 2015
the positions consists of steady walking and scanning lots and dipping lots in acids. I learned how to process different recipes and load them up into the tool. I met a lot of good people on the way, and enjoy working with them. I believe management was going through a learning curve at the time.
Pros
every other weekend off
Cons
managment, and healthcare
Productive Day
Semiconductor Fabricator Technician Level IIII (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 16, 2014
I clock in then I go and check all the processes for the previous shift. I check all the machines on the floor to see which operators needs me to calibrate their machine. I do all my processes on the crystals and at the end of the day I write a email to all the bosses on the summary of the work I did for the day and send them the reports on which machines are down for the day.
Amazing work place.
Telephone Interviewer. (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 28, 2012
I loved working for Greene Resouces ! The management team is very understanding, very respectful , and very professional . My co-workers were very outgoing but also very ambitious. I enjoyed my time working for them. The training was short but they went over a lot of information and the hand outs were very helpful .
Pros
amazing staff, very professional .
Cons
not enough projects.
Not Impressed
Business Analyst for Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 1, 2013
I was not impressed with Greene or any other staffing company I have worked for. They don't care if your assignment ends because they certainly don't help you find any other assignments. They don't check up on you like they are supposed to. They weren't the most friendly when I went in to get all the paperwork for Cree. I just wasn't impressed at all with Greene.
Fun learning work environment
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 29, 2015
Fun productive work place with energetic co workers and decent management. There was always opportunities for learning and growing. The hardest part of working for this company was going home early due to supply or work shortages. I enjoyed everything about this job as long as i was on the floor working.
Pros
competitive pay, free lunches as rewards
Cons
work shortages
Worst inteview expeience ever!!!!!!!
INTERVIEWY (Former Employee) –  RALEIGHMarch 7, 2015
Haggled me over asking salary, give you a book for behavior on the job. Worst interview experience, north raleigh location, lost my resume and gave me wrong location of position, I don't know how they keep their contract with top international research firms since they are so very unprofessional, run don't walk away from these terrible people!
Pros
none!
Cons
everything
Whip Runner/Chemical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 4, 2015
The work environment was very hot with heavy protective body suits. You will lose a lot of weight. Drink a lot of water. The hours are very flexible and you can work as much over time as you like.
Pros
Good money and an nice benefits.
Cons
very hot enviorment with a lot of toxic chemical
productive and consistent
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 10, 2015
It was certainly always something to do i stayed busy at all times. it was very productive workplace with good team workers. the management made sure too try and help in any and every way they could. Me myself enjoyed working the 12 hours and it was also good pay
Productive, professional place to work,
Data Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 29, 2015
Management team is very professional, helpful while training, met & worked with some very nice co-workers. Enjoyable part of the job is the team work that is available
Pros
VERY CONVENIENT TO HOME
Cons
VERY SHORT LUNCH BREAKS
Temp company
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Durham, NcApril 22, 2014
Greene placed me at CREE, Inc and they are a great company but the assignment was supposed to last a year before being hired on but after 3 years still no job.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
madatory ot for a year, greene seemed to not want cree to hire you
worked for Greene at CREE worked with good people
Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 21, 2014
not great for someone looking for a permanent position, Cree was very slow to convert people to permanent status usually 2+ years
Pros
it was a job
Cons
poor benefeits, long term temporary
Productive work provides good working environment and learning
Lab Assistant - various duties (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 10, 2014
Good job opportunities to work with highly trained professionals to learn lab tech skills.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
more hours needed