Greenhorn & O'Mara Employee Reviews

Hydraulics & Hydrology Engineer
Water Resources Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2014
At G&O I enjoyed getting involved in a totally different atmosphere than my previous employer. I learned new skills and was eager to get working. The projects were lengthy and required new judgment as an engineer.

While there, I was able to experience stream modeling for FEMA and the NC Flood Mapping program. I enjoyed both as they had different requirements. Studies ranged from standard Zone -A to Detailed studies, which involved much more complex analysis.

I was also able to build on my storm drainage design resume, as I participated on several projects such as the Western Wake Expressway. I was able to perform storm drainage calculations as well as erosion control design on multiple roadway projects.
Pros
Good Environment
Productive focused company
Transportation Dept. Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 22, 2014
Knowledgeable employees and managers. Great opportunity.
I had 6 good years at G&O
Water Resources Department Mgr/Sr. Project Mgr (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 29, 2014
G&O was heavily into land development so recssions took a toll on the company. It has since been bought by Stantec.
Very professional and wonderfu group of people.
Marketing/Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 14, 2013
If I had not moved from Atlanta, I'd more than likely still be working for EarthTech.
Awsome Company
Senior Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 11, 2013
Professional engineering company with great young staff doing big things in Penndot. hardest part of the job was travel. most enjoyable part of the job was being with bright young folks.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
travel
Good management and job security. Nothing negative.
Consultant Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVNovember 29, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 1/2 years with G&O. I hated to leave, but could not turn down an offer of $6.50 per hour increase by R.D. Zande, with work closer to home.
Pros
excellent management support and compensation package.
Cons
none. see previous review.
I'd rather not say
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDNovember 3, 2012
I did not have the best experience with this company so I rather not say anything at all.
Use to be better
Technical Director 1 (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 7, 2012
The company is going through a management and structural overhaul.
Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2012
I worked for Greenhorne and O'Mara for 4 years and I can honestly say that it was the best company that I have ever worked for. Due the the economy, I was laid off in 2009.
Pros
everything about the company is a pro

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenhorn & O'Mara. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4