GREENHOUSE Employee Reviews in United States

working everyday with plants and flowers. how could you not smile. my supervisor was outstanding. i enjoyed the seasonal position.
Greenhouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 13, 2016
from planting the seeds and watching them grow, to tilling the soil and planting the small flowers. then set up the automatic sprinklers and see the beauty. don't forget to come back and pull the weeds. a very low stress job. great supervisor.
Fun place to work. Staff is great
Stillwater Garden Market (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMarch 9, 2016
Love working in the dirt and planting. Everyday is a different day. Hard part of the job is the lifting, shoveling topsoil, mulch, etc
Nice environment. Good place to work
Graphic and Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 9, 2016
Design collateral materials as brochures, flyers, labels. For this I used Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.

Design and code several web sites. I used dreamweaver in mode code view to edit HTML and CSS. I know some php so I coded a lot of contact forms in several web sites, in others I collected data from the UI to be send via email, like estimated quotes. Once I coded an easy quiz in a web site and it collected the amount of right and wrong answers letting the user get the results.

A challange was to compile videos with music and copy. For that I learned to use After Effects and Premiere.

I also designed a complete web site using Afobe Muse just to learn how that application writes the back code and the CSS for you. Just used it twice, I prefer coding myself.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
No benefits
Very challenging and exciting.
Promotional Director/Event Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2015
Great organization , had the pleasure of working with an amazing staff handled all special events management and staff
Greenhouse maintenance. Working plant sales. Propagation of plants.
PROPAGATION/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CASeptember 25, 2015
Keeping the greenhouses clean and irrigation systems working properly. Mixing the dry potting soil with water (very dirty job) then potting up new plant starts as they arrived.

I learned that I enjoy hard work.

Management was my favorite teacher.

Co-workers were fun to work with.

Working the plant sales...set up was labor intensive.

Overall I enjoyed the work environment.
I want to work . The work is work and to have a fun is to have a fun, not together . First is the job after that is to have a fun
Grower worker (Former Employee) –  HungaryAugust 2, 2015
I am interested for different kind of job,like greenhouse (vegetables,fruits,plants),picking,packing,hotels cleaner,industry job…
I have gained knowledge more than 5 years in the production process of tomatoes ,cucumber and pepper: planting ; plant growth ;harvesting ; preparation for sale (sorting, packing).
The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include, but are not limited to, the following: - attention, good will, prudence at work, energy, sociability,
optimism ,honest;
-can thing and plan before acting;
-can work in a team;
-looking for way to solve a problem;
- I LOVE to work with plant, I do it with pleasure
I hope that you'll find my experience and interests intriguing enough to warrant a face-to-face meeting, as I am confident that I could provide value to you as a member of your team.
Cheking parameter to make sure every body responsibility was fulfilled
Grounds/ Building Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornell University at NYMay 12, 2015
Chequin parameters to make sure all greenhouse were working properly. Make sure that every bady show up on time to do they share of responsibility. Co-worker were very experienced team with a great sense of what they were suppost to do. The most fun was to be able to take seminars and lectures in important isues an every day basis. The hardest part was to deal with the weather.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
To flexible with personnel
Fun workplace.
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 22, 2014
Handling a very wide variety of plants. You could be planting one day, offloading on the production line another, spacing one day, picking and UPCing for orders the next, or unloading a very large tropical tree truck the next.
I learned a lot about different plants.
Management was professional. Considerate and supportive.
Co-workers were friendly and motivational.
The job was physically demanding, long hours on feet. Be prepared. The whole day was enjoyable. You are surrounded by co-workers, conversation, and plants, so it is truly a breath of fresh air.
Pros
vast knowledge of many plants.
Cons
long hours on feet.
Great startup
Cofounder (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2012
Smart people and a great company
Innovative products