Greenlight Loans

Greenlight Loans Employee Reviews

90% Boredom, 9% Terror, 1% Comic Incompetence
Sr. Developer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 20, 2015
Toxic work environment.

Small IT group left in SoCal, most people left when Nationstar took over 2 years ago.

Massive IT operation in Texas, and they call the shots. You can't get a login, check-in code, or do anything without someone in Texas involved.

For some reason, they have 3 VPs running a team in SoCal with of four developers, two of them the only ones left from Greenlight. A bunch of PMs and BAs, but no coders. So these VPs, PMs, and BAs bully the few developers around, trying to get them to do things that the team in Dallas can and should do.

Major gladiator pit, with devs stuck on endless conference calls begging for support from Texas or having to deal with unresponsive vendors while PMs and VPs breath down their neck.

Since Texas calls the shots, senior .NET devs in SoCal are left doing prod support on a LOS system. Don't believe the hiring managers -- you will not be coding applications. You may hacking the LOS desktop app, but mostly sitting around trying to figure out why nothing works, with a VP in your cube screaming at you to fix it, even thought you don't have credentials to get into even the DEV environments.

You will in no time find yourself in a closed door meeting with a PM and thug VP, with them demanding that you fix some prod. issue, even though you have told them repeatedly that is a bug with a vendor's product or a system that you can't even access. Not their problem, they will tell you. You will go back to your cube and stare at your hopeless, impotent development environment, until the VP will storm out of his office
  more... to demand why the problem is not fixed. Then you will be marched into a closed door meeting again, to face more harassment.  less
Pros
One Free Lunch and Breakfast per week
Cons
Totally Dysfunctional
Very good work environment
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 16, 2014
Loved working for this company - compensation and people were great !
Learn fast pace environment
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 10, 2014
I work 7 Am to 7 PM on phone with incoming and outgoing call to home owner to lower payment and sell the over all benefit. I work with very hard working co workers. Built a pipeline be on the top producer without any support from the management and processing partners. Hardest part of the job was less compensations for work I put in. No appreciation of the present pipeline just based on the past funding numbers.
Pros
Huge portpolio clients
Cons
Minimum support from processing partnes and management
Ethical company with a decent culture
Mortgage Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 4, 2013
A typical day at work involves conducting outbound and taking in inbound calls on a high-volume basis. I typically work from 8:00am until about 7:30pm M-F and try to come in on Saturdays for 4-5 hours.

I am responsible for identifying my borrowers' loan goals and then making a recommendation on the most appropriate mortgage product that best fits their needs. I also collect and upload signed disclosures, as well as other loan documents needed to fund loans, like income and insurance documentation.

The best part of my day is helping my borrowers accomplish their goals and they, in turn, passing my information along to friends and family members in need of a purchase or refinance mortgage loan.
Pros
Free Lunch, Nationwide direct lender
Cons
Not the most competitive rates and turnaround times in the industry.
Jr. Funder (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 15, 2013
Everyday come in and would make about 140 calls a day to follow up with customers who have recently inquired with us to see if interested in refinancing or purchasing a home. Really easy job, stayed busy, multitasking, worked closely with loan agents, fun place to work.
Pros
free lunches/ breakfast, benefits, fun place to work, productive, co workers really nice
Cons
new management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenlight Loans. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6