Greentree Pharmacy is dedicated to helping patients be well and achieve better health. Our pharmacists are highly trained, professionals who are passionate about educating patients about their medications, selecting over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and nutraceuticals, living a healthy lifestyle managing their medication therapy along with their doctor. Our technicians are trained to support our pharmacists, so the pharmacist can spend more time with our patients to achieve these goals.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Greentree Pharmacy is looking for a qualified, customer service focused, certified pharmacy technician to perform all duties pertaining to a community pharmacy technician. You'll work under the supervision of a pharmacist to deliver quality patient care and excellent customer service.
This is for a part-time position, however the position will evolve into a full-time position in the future. Proposed hours for the position are: Mon 12-6, Tue 12-6, Wed/Thr/Fri 10-2, Every other Sat 9-1.
Candidates should demonstrate a strong understanding of the pharmacy technician role in a community pharmacy setting and be able to discuss and demonstrate their personal customer service qualities while adhering to the regulatory requirements.
Duties that may be performed include but may not be limited to:
- Greet each customer or patients as they enter the pharmacy.
- Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints, while protecting their confidential health and drug information.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests and route telephone calls to the pharmacist when appropriate.
- Retrieve and file prescriptions.
- Obtain initial demographic and insurance information from the patient for prescriptions when presented in person, or over the telephone.
- Enter demographic, allergies and other medical information in patient profile.
- Enter all appropriate prescription information into pharmacy system and process to insurance.
- Receive written and verbal prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Clean, and help maintain, equipment and work areas, including dusting and wiping counter tops, retail shelves, etc.
- Enter inventory data into computer and order inventory as appropriate.
- Maintain and order inventory of front-end retail and OTC products.
- Dispense medications and label appropriately for final verification by pharmacist.
- Schedule appointments for the pharmacist for consultations with patients using online calendar system.
- Must be a certified pharmacy technician with the State of Missouri.
- Previous experience as a pharmacy technician in a retail pharmacy environment for at least 2 years (required).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school education.
- Must be able to frequently lift 5 pounds and occasionally lift up to 15 pounds.
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 9 AM to 6 PM. Saturday 9 AM to 1 PM.