Greenville Health System Employee Reviews

Dream coming true
Resident Physician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 23, 2017
Attending didactic conferences, performing surgeries under the supervision of attending surgeons, involved in care of the the surgical patients on floor, both in patient and out patient
Pros
Clean and supportive work environment
Good place for employment
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 21, 2017
Overall a great place to start out, advance, or end a career. Friendly staff. Huge lunchroom with a lot of options. Trying to become large teaching hospital.
Practice Physician Clerk (Current Employee) –  701 grove roadJune 20, 2017
the environment at GHS is great, enjoyable part of the job is helping patients, hardest part of the job is dealing with complicated questions, handling complaints.
Pros
Great work environment
Product and patient-centered care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJune 18, 2017
Great place to work. Patient-centered care. Community hospital . Magnet facility with support for nurses education and certifications. Health care system plans for the community growth for the future. GHS focuses on the needs of the patients in the city and rural areas.
Nice place to work if you don't go to school
Phlebotomist 2 (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 18, 2017
I worked at GMH and my manger during my interview said she would work around my school schedule but when it was time to work around it, she refused.So i had to put in my two weeks. And I felt like she was always targeting me.
New management/Doctor Turnover
Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 15, 2017
New management in office caused most long term employees to leave along with most doctors. New employees brought in for a fraction of what we were getting paid. We were informed everyone would receive a downgraded pay scale.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 12, 2017
Greenville Health System was a good springboard into food service. It was a fun place to work with a cross functional team of food service management RD's and culinary.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Constant direction from government
Great
Nursing Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 6, 2017
Professional environment with great growth and opportunities. A great place to work and spread out to another department and job skill. Expanding jobs throughout the whole area.
Very political!
PRN office nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 1, 2017
It was a very face-paced, profit-driven environment. The focus was always on numbers and how quickly you could move your patients- even when it was not in their best interest. I prefer St Francis to GHS.
We serve the upstate and surrounding areas:
Inpatient PACU (Current Employee) –  UpstateMay 30, 2017
We pull from a patient population that includes outlying areas. The acuity of patients is often high and transfers from other hospitals and ER usage can make this hospital seem quite busy. Beds are a premium, now almost year round. It can make for unhappy patients and overloaded staff.
Pros
Great employees!
It
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 27, 2017
It was good when I first started there. The best part about working there is that I met a lot of good people. Some of them have become some of my best friends.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
North Greenville was a great place to work. Wonderful leadership team and warm and friendly staff.
ED Nurse Manager & Emergency Management Coord. (Former Employee) –  Travelers Rest, SCMay 24, 2017
Busy place... always a lot on your plate. Productive well run meetings.

I learned about the financial part of management.

Loved the staff.

Leaving was the hardest part
Pros
Good benefits at the time
Cons
Great culture at our branch but very negative about the main campus leadership
My typical day is providing assistance to our patients
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 23, 2017
I really enjoy working at greenville health system. I feel that I can make a difference in helping our patients in this area.

I have been with ghs for 21 years this year and I have really grown professionally and personally. I love being able to learn new things and processes.

There have been alot of positive changes in healthcare.

Thank you.
It's an ok job to gain experience.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 19, 2017
GHS has forgotten how to take care of their employees... if you take care of your employees they will take care of you. There are no incentives or bonuses they took it all away. As far as pay raises it's the bare minimum not enough to count. They sold me a false dream in Orientation I soon learned it was all simply a dream.
Pros
It's a check every 2 weeks
Cons
Too much to comment on
excellent clinical experience and care model
CRNA - Supervisor/ manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 16, 2017
well managed clinical environment with adequate opportunity to advance from staff to management experience. Great range of cases and general high acuity makes and keeps skills strong for my anesthesia experience over the past 9 years of my 23 years CRNA experience.
Pros
clinical experience and tremendous fellow CRNA staff
Cons
short staffing
Productive and inviting workplace with plenty of activities and resources for patients
Neuropschology Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 9, 2017
Roger C. Peace Outpatient Center was a great place to have my internship. Seeing the variety of patients was very eye opening, the therapists were all kind, extremely knowledgeable, and professional, and the work environment was very promotive to work.
Pros
Kind and intellegent therapists, clean and organized environment, many varying activities for patient rehabilitation
Cons
Therapists are sometimes hard to find
Run from GHS
Business Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 6, 2017
GHS does pay good, BUT is a revolving door for employment. If you happen to take any job there have a back-up plan. Supervisor's have little training and they will change your work schedule (hours and or days) with little respect. Most employees are not happy and show it. Managers are not pleasant and will treat you like your beneath them. Benefits are not the best. They don't value their employees. Ask around and you will hear the same thing.
Cons
Changing Schedule
Patient Transport
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 30, 2017
Supervisor could use some training in proper communication skills. Her interview questions got a little too personal and not job related at all - and I don't mean the typical behavioral questions.
Plenty of the RNs are quite hateful to patient transport. Not all of them, but most. You will get the feeling that you are an inconvenience when you arrive to get the patient even though themselves or the physician put the request in for transport. I guess they simply do not understand that we also have to some paperwork completed before we can just remove their patient from the floor.
Many of the people working in Patient Transport are also college students whom are going into the medical field after graduating.
The job was very useful in deciding on which field of healthcare, if undecided, you would most likely enjoy.
Pros
Exercise. Insight.
Cons
Supervisor
Palmetto Medical Associates
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg County, SCApril 26, 2017
If you're applying for a job in this office, run in the opposite direction......horrible place to work, morale is very low, most all of the employees have left, including previous providers, one provider bullies the staff that is there now, remaining employees are seeking employment elsewhere......
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
It's all about money and numbers
Variabilty in work
RESPIRATORY THERAPY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 20, 2017
You can work in a variety of areas with a variety of patients. Everything from a top trauma center, to the floors, to the NICU and PICU. New top of the line ICUs as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenville Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval