Greenville Health System

Greenville Health System Employee Reviews

Gave me my experience to help me Grow in the medical field.
Medical Information Clerk (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Each annually Pay rate was able to increase
Cons: some Doctors attitude for know reason
On the day to day requirements was to make sure all duties for Patients visit are being met under proper guide lines. My co-workers and I always put our Patients needs first and always knew that was our purpose to make our patients get the Best Care.
Hardest part is when we have to work through lunch, but we pulled together, all my request getting done for the week,
Greenville Health System Summary
Ambulatory EpicCare 2014/Clinical Consultant (Former Employee), Greenville, South CarolinaJune 29, 2015
Cons: None
A great place to work.I worked as an EPIC 2014 Ambulatory Clinical trainer. I was very well received by the staff. I enjoyed the process. This opportunity was a Soft Go-Live opportunity to help identify areas within the build of their new Epic system. We were able to successfully pilot the project by provided expert professional knowledge for the organization. This job was located in Greenville, South Carolina.
Good Organization for slow steady pace advancement
Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 13, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: PTO Usage
GHS Is an all around organization with a huge potential to grow. Sr. management is thorough and competent with a since of wanting to help others.
The Cardiac Cath lab is a very difficult yet rewarding job
Staff Nurse, Cardiac Catheterization Lab (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 12, 2015
Pros: Staff that I work with
Cons: Long hours
The Cardiac Cath lab is a very difficult yet rewarding job. The team that I work with has become like family because we work so closely together and have to rely on each other in order for the job to be successful. The staff in the lab has to be able to trust each other during an emergency and during a regular procedure. A typical work day starts at 0715 and ends when all the patients' caths have been completed. We work between 9 to 16 hour days (four days a week) with one being a 24 hour call day. We also work on call every 5th weekend. In the two years that I have worked in the lab I have learned a lot about emergency patient care and standard cardiac catheterization. I enjoy working with patients and educating them about their health and conditions. The hardest part of the job is the long hours.
New CEO is bringing changes
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), GreeJune 7, 2015
GHS is about 10 years behind most big-city, progressive hospitals in its culture and clinical settings; however, GHS has made favorable changes that are enhancing the workplace for the employee.
Very poor management structure & support
Former employee (Former Employee), Greenville SCJune 7, 2015
Pros: pay is great but that means nothing when it comes to job satisfaction
Cons: Working @ the hospital is horrible, lunches are interrupted, pts are constantly being rescheduled, there's no consistency between MDs or centers, Workload is not shared amongst sites, upper mgt is awful
The Radiation Therapy dept is in dire need of a complete overhaul. Upper mgt is well aware of the dysfunction & the fact that the patient is not the focus in this dept. The hospital has 5 different MDs all operating like 5 individual practices, doing their own thing. Heck some cant even get to work when office hours begin! Teamwork amongst physicians is horrendous. The radiation dept has lost half its patients to Spartanburg & the referral base is pitiful. The hospital staff works harder than the staff @ outlying centers. They treat in- patients, peds, all the special procedures, etc. The satellite sites treat 3-20 patients per day with therapists getting paid to sit around. The workload balance is so off. Resentment is abundant. Laziness is abundant. The hospital staff is on damage control constantly. Doctors don't care, don't want to be a part of the improvement process. MDs don't follow policy & Procedure. They don't use interpreters or they use their own Spanish. Mgt prefers to simply sweep it under the rug. They want a puppet, a yes man, not someone who's passionate about patient care or making the patient the focus. Lean 6 has been in 3 times without success.Safety isn't being addressed in that an employee continues to be employed & cant do Basic Radiation Therapy 101. Staff has gone to mgt several times over the last 8- 9 years about this person. It's an absolutely awful place to work. The joy of taking care of patients is lost when the physicians don't operate as a patient focused practice.
opportunities
STAFF NURSE NEURO TRAUMA ICU (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 5, 2015
Greenville health system is a larger system and a teaching hospital, as such it offers many teaching and learning opportunities
Challenging work environment
Contracts Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 4, 2015
A nice company to work for - the people are very nice and the work is challenging. This job allows you to experience a number of different types of tasks and the variety makes for a very interesting work day.
Great Place!
Practice Manager IV (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMay 26, 2015
GHS is a great place to work, large, growing organization. Your goal is to provide the proper care for each patient, at the right time and place each day. We constantly create new ways to increase patient satisfaction.
Job work/Life balance is difficult to keep balanced
Payroll Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMay 17, 2015
The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to get workload done, making the job work/life balance difficult to maintain.
Great place to learn and grow while exercising.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Patewood Central Business OfficeMay 16, 2015
Pros: Great benefits.
Cons: Short breaks.
Greenville Health System is a great place to work because they are compassionate and take good care of the patients. The work ethics are sometimes challenging so it helps to have great coworkers beside you.
Clinical Experience at North Greenville Hospital
Unit Secretary student (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 14, 2015
During my clinical at NGH, I met the nurse educator, nurse manager, two charge nurses and several other employees while there. I can honestly say that I enjoyed my experience. Everyone was very welcoming and willing to help me learn as much as I could during my time there.
I learned the ins and outs of being a unit secretary, how to manage answering several phone lines at one time, answer questions from patients, doctors, nurses, and families. I learned how to use Soarian, Vocera, GE centricity, and other valuable computer programs.
I would say that the hardest part of my clinical experience was leaving. While I was there, although learning, I felt like part of a team, and it felt nice. Knowing that my job makes it easier on others and makes a difference in the work environment. I look forward to having that feeling again.
Overall Nice Place To Work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 29, 2015
Greenville Health System is an overall nice place to work. With the right management, you will work for incredible unit.
At this time I was working a a doctor's office and enjoyed the people and envionment I was working in
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Duncan, SCApril 29, 2015
Pros: people, the team work, and the things I learned
Cons: Low income
Very nice setting , however the practice was bought out by the Greenville Hospital system and I was placed in a job I was not happy with.
Nursing Student
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 27, 2015
As a nursing student, I took care of patients by taking temp, administering meds, making sure they ate breakfast and lunch and then recording the amount that was eaten by patient. Charting patient's record for the doctor and head nurse to review. I would write up a nursing plan. This was to help the patent get well quickly and able to go home as planned.
I enjoyed being a nursing student for the fact that I was helping people get better.
Not a loyal place of employment.
Sub-Speciality Clinic RN (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Lateral Violence not addressed by management leading to a hostile work environment.
I was employed at GHS for a total of 14 years. I was an LPN for 24 years. I became an ADNRN under their tution assistance program. In the middle of the program they decided that the ADNRN was no longer valuable and began to hire inexperienced BSNRN as opposed to hiring an experienced ADNRN in order to obtain Magnet status. They finished paying for my tuition assistance and graduated July of 2011. I am still an ADNRN. For 11 of the 14 years I was emloyed on one acute care unit. In August 2011 I received my RN license and was removed from my position as an LPN and told not to come back to work as I was now an RN and needed one year of med-surg experience in order to become hireable as an RN. I was told by Human Services that I had 8 weeks to find an RN position in the hospital sytem or I would be terminated. I was told that I had 1 month before my benefits ran out. I was initially told that I could not file for unemployment. Because I listened to them I lost 2 weeks of unemployment benefits until I contacted the unemployment office myself. I was told by GHS that my years as an LPN did not matter and that I was starting from the bottom as an RN. I ultimately was hired as an office RN within the system. I was making five dollars less as an RN in an office position than I was making as an LPN on an acute care unit. During my employment as an LPN on an acute care unit I was bullied by a faily new RN. This went on for years. Management would do nothing about it. I finally left GHS for employment elsewhere and gained the 1 year RN med-surg experience. It was brought to my attention – more... by coworkers at the time that I was not given the opportunity to stay on my unit as an RN because this bully did not want me around anymore. The bully and nurse manager at the time were on very friendly terms. Over the past 3 years I have reapplied for an RN position on the same unit and have been informed that this bully has been preventing me from being rehired. Lateral violence is not addressed at GHS. Every one of my 14 yearly evaluations were outstanding. GHS had changed their title 3 times during my empolyment with them. I finally gave up and took early retirement. – less
Cafeteria Food Service Attendant (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free meals, staff was friendly
Cons: Training not well when first start
Getting all material ready to serve the customers and patients
I learned about excellent customer service skills and cafeteria experience. Management needs a work because, other supervisor did the job more than the head manager. Co-Workers were okay to work with at times. The hardest part of the job was dealing with different attitudes and personalities when serving the people. When helping out the senior citizens.
HIPPA,Patient idetifying, Blood collection, Venipunture, Capillary, Logging ordering and registering specimen, Computers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: i loved feeling like i was helping people
Cons: seeing alot of sick kids and people or watching someone die i couldn't handle it.
Having one specific area you stay in and checking your PDA constantly for new blood collection orders, going in a room interacting with a patient while correctly identifying them and using the order of the draw to not contaminate the specimen.
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 17, 2015
A Great place to work. Plenty of areas to work in and to grow your career and knowledge base. A lot of room for learning new procedures
My immediate supervisor had a heart as big as all outdoors.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Very clean, stable environment with some good people
Cons: Did not always intervene soon enough to prevent a problem from becoming catastophic
It was a well-structured environment that included people from very diverse backgrounds. By the very nature of the work we attempted to do, we were not always able to take enough time to prevent unusual life stresses, but our supervisors typically bent over backwards when a problem did occur. They encouraged and supported an employee's efforts to better him/herself with several of my cohorts able to obtain advanced degrees, and as for myself, I was able to build a mortgage-free house in five years of my "spare" time -- principally with my own labor while nursing my own health problems, giving speech therapy drills to my son and being principle caregiver of my elderly, infirm mother. They put up with me a long time until I could just no longer handle the physical demands of all I was trying to balance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Greenville Health System

See the difference: Unique clinical, academic, technological and lifestyle advantages. Be the difference: Use them to maximize – Read more

Greenville Health System Salaries

Admission Counselor
$12.38 per hour

Greenville Health System Photos

GHS Children's Hospital
Greenville Memorial Medical Campus - Flagship hospital for Greenville Hospital System