Greenville Health System

Greenville Health System Employee Reviews

Great place to learn and grow while exercising.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Patewood Central Business OfficeMay 16, 2015
Pros: Great benefits.
Cons: Short breaks.
Greenville Health System is a great place to work because they are compassionate and take good care of the patients. The work ethics are sometimes challenging so it helps to have great coworkers beside you.
Clinical Experience at North Greenville Hospital
Unit Secretary student (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 14, 2015
During my clinical at NGH, I met the nurse educator, nurse manager, two charge nurses and several other employees while there. I can honestly say that I enjoyed my experience. Everyone was very welcoming and willing to help me learn as much as I could during my time there.
I learned the ins and outs of being a unit secretary, how to manage answering several phone lines at one time, answer questions from patients, doctors, nurses, and families. I learned how to use Soarian, Vocera, GE centricity, and other valuable computer programs.
I would say that the hardest part of my clinical experience was leaving. While I was there, although learning, I felt like part of a team, and it felt nice. Knowing that my job makes it easier on others and makes a difference in the work environment. I look forward to having that feeling again.
Overall Nice Place To Work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 29, 2015
Greenville Health System is an overall nice place to work. With the right management, you will work for incredible unit.
At this time I was working a a doctor's office and enjoyed the people and envionment I was working in
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Duncan, SCApril 29, 2015
Pros: people, the team work, and the things I learned
Cons: Low income
Very nice setting , however the practice was bought out by the Greenville Hospital system and I was placed in a job I was not happy with.
Nursing Student
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 27, 2015
As a nursing student, I took care of patients by taking temp, administering meds, making sure they ate breakfast and lunch and then recording the amount that was eaten by patient. Charting patient's record for the doctor and head nurse to review. I would write up a nursing plan. This was to help the patent get well quickly and able to go home as planned.
I enjoyed being a nursing student for the fact that I was helping people get better.
Not a loyal place of employment.
Sub-Speciality Clinic RN (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Lateral Violence not addressed by management leading to a hostile work environment.
I was employed at GHS for a total of 14 years. I was an LPN for 24 years. I became an ADNRN under their tution assistance program. In the middle of the program they decided that the ADNRN was no longer valuable and began to hire inexperienced BSNRN as opposed to hiring an experienced ADNRN in order to obtain Magnet status. They finished paying for my tuition assistance and graduated July of 2011. I am still an ADNRN. For 11 of the 14 years I was emloyed on one acute care unit. In August 2011 I received my RN license and was removed from my position as an LPN and told not to come back to work as I was now an RN and needed one year of med-surg experience in order to become hireable as an RN. I was told by Human Services that I had 8 weeks to find an RN position in the hospital sytem or I would be terminated. I was told that I had 1 month before my benefits ran out. I was initially told that I could not file for unemployment. Because I listened to them I lost 2 weeks of unemployment benefits until I contacted the unemployment office myself. I was told by GHS that my years as an LPN did not matter and that I was starting from the bottom as an RN. I ultimately was hired as an office RN within the system. I was making five dollars less as an RN in an office position than I was making as an LPN on an acute care unit. During my employment as an LPN on an acute care unit I was bullied by a faily new RN. This went on for years. Management would do nothing about it. I finally left GHS for employment elsewhere and gained the 1 year RN med-surg experience. It was brought to my attention – more... by coworkers at the time that I was not given the opportunity to stay on my unit as an RN because this bully did not want me around anymore. The bully and nurse manager at the time were on very friendly terms. Over the past 3 years I have reapplied for an RN position on the same unit and have been informed that this bully has been preventing me from being rehired. Lateral violence is not addressed at GHS. Every one of my 14 yearly evaluations were outstanding. GHS had changed their title 3 times during my empolyment with them. I finally gave up and took early retirement. – less
Cafeteria Food Service Attendant (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free meals, staff was friendly
Cons: Training not well when first start
Getting all material ready to serve the customers and patients
I learned about excellent customer service skills and cafeteria experience. Management needs a work because, other supervisor did the job more than the head manager. Co-Workers were okay to work with at times. The hardest part of the job was dealing with different attitudes and personalities when serving the people. When helping out the senior citizens.
HIPPA,Patient idetifying, Blood collection, Venipunture, Capillary, Logging ordering and registering specimen, Computers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: i loved feeling like i was helping people
Cons: seeing alot of sick kids and people or watching someone die i couldn't handle it.
Having one specific area you stay in and checking your PDA constantly for new blood collection orders, going in a room interacting with a patient while correctly identifying them and using the order of the draw to not contaminate the specimen.
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 17, 2015
A Great place to work. Plenty of areas to work in and to grow your career and knowledge base. A lot of room for learning new procedures
My immediate supervisor had a heart as big as all outdoors.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Very clean, stable environment with some good people
Cons: Did not always intervene soon enough to prevent a problem from becoming catastophic
It was a well-structured environment that included people from very diverse backgrounds. By the very nature of the work we attempted to do, we were not always able to take enough time to prevent unusual life stresses, but our supervisors typically bent over backwards when a problem did occur. They encouraged and supported an employee's efforts to better him/herself with several of my cohorts able to obtain advanced degrees, and as for myself, I was able to build a mortgage-free house in five years of my "spare" time -- principally with my own labor while nursing my own health problems, giving speech therapy drills to my son and being principle caregiver of my elderly, infirm mother. They put up with me a long time until I could just no longer handle the physical demands of all I was trying to balance.
Fun Place to work, just the pay isnt good
Customer service attendant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: friendly place
Cons: pay is not good
This is a very fun and fast paced place to work, the pay is not all that good you do a lot more work, than you do when you get paid to do. There is not much of a pay difference as you go up in this company
Fast paced working enviroment
Medical Coder for the O.R (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 2, 2015
I started working PRN as a data entry. A position came open for a coder. I was the first one offered the position. I had to take a crash course in medical terminology. They gave one whole day to learn the material and then take the exam. I had to make at least a 90 to get the position. I made a 105. All correct, even the extra credit questions. I train well with hands one, I believe that's why I excelled at the job. I enjoyed working in the OR medical billing office, i like staying busy.
Great Workplace
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 26, 2015
GHS has a great work culture and vision. The atmosphere is fun and professional. The GHS benefits are great. I enjoy the role that GHS plays in the community.
Good organization.
Physician PracOce Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: long days.
Busy office.
New methods of caring for patients.
Satisfactory managment,
Good co-workers.
Job advancement.
Great Doctors.
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), EngineeringFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: Supported personal/family needs
Cons: none
Excellent place to work. Lots of opportunity for growth and advancement.

Most of the jobs that I had at GHS required a lot of computer time.
Medical Physician Practice Clerk
Medical Physician Practice Clerk (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: put my medical background to work
Cons: not having a good manager
- Medical records, filed charts, made new patient charts, separated OB patients, put labs on charts and put in doctors box to sign off on, used Centricity to look up patient info., liaison between three offices, distributed info., faxed, copied, used MS Outlook, answered telephone calls and took messages, printed reports off on Centricity, use CBT's-Health Stream and Citrix, worked closely with all co-workers and managed duties required.
- Very hard to work with due to the manager being new at her position
- All co-workers worked closely together. Teamwork
- Trying to do a full time job working as a part time employee
- Knowing I made a difference when I left the job that day
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 21, 2015
This was a great place to work. Distance was an issue for me. They provided free drinks, great lunch period.
Productive Place to Work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: positively impact patients lives everyday, stimulating work environment
Cons: compensation/benefits, management
A typical day at work consists of seeing numerous pediatric patients; most with significant issues, scheduling surgery for these patients and talking with parents about surgery procedure, time, location and what to expect after surgery. I have learned so much from the time spent here at Pediatric Surgery - with having a child of my own; it is sometimes hard to see these children on a day-to-day basis but would not change working with patients for anything in the world. I want to pursue my career in the medical field and still have patient contact. I believe in being a team player and helping out other co-workers as needed.
Total burn out with health care system
Staffing and Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: 1st shift position
Cons: overworked
Very stressful environment; worked there for 14yrs. Every advancement/promotion promised never took place. Constantly adding more duties without compensation. Worked in a Hostile Environment and finally resigned after 14 years of service.
Very strong, 5-hospital system. Developing into an academic medical cener
Director, Management Engineering (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 11, 2015
System dominates its market, aspiring to be an academic center aligned with USC. Supported organization's interest in reviewing its operational and cost experience in various components of its structure.

1 2 3 4 5

About Greenville Health System

See the difference: Unique clinical, academic, technological and lifestyle advantages. Be the difference: Use them to maximize – Read more

Greenville Health System Salaries

RN
$55,000 per year

Greenville Health System Photos

GHS Children's Hospital
Greenville Memorial Medical Campus - Flagship hospital for Greenville Hospital System