Greenville Health System

Greenville Health System Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Physician Practive Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 8, 2016
Greenville Health System is a great place to work. They have many opportunities for advancement, and programs to help you get there. GHS utilizes the new EMR EPIC and we use that system all day while going back and forth with the legend systems to pull information.
Productive and fun work place
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 3, 2016
Good place to work with opportunity of growth.
Friendly, flexible schedules and willingness to help when possible with family emergencies.
Great place and good people
Trainer for nurse practitioners (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 3, 2016
i love the place so much i didn't want to leave when my contract was over, the doctors are very smart., i almost wanna say they do not need us to train them because the level of understanding they brought to the table was great
Pros
good people
Cons
very busy
Customer service rep, call center, coding reviewer, insurance billing
MSO Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 18, 2015
I talk to patients about their accounts and fix issues with coding at the offices, rebill or start claims for insurance billing, and help patients understand what they are being billed for at the practices in the health system.
Pros
good benefits, great boss
Cons
hard to move up in company
I am currently a Master's Social Work intern.
Marshal I. Pickens (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 14, 2015
This has been best intern experience. I work with the medical interdisciplinary team. Each day we meet to plan the care for the patients. As an intern, I have my own case load. I am responsible for assessments, family meetings and discharge planning. I feel supported by staff and they are always available to help.
The hardest part of my job is helping individuals that do not have any family support. Other than that it is a great place to learn clinical skills.
Pros
I feel supported.
Cons
Employment is competitive
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCDecember 10, 2015
Awesome place to work, very understanding and compassionate, flexible with schedule and would allow for time off when needed.
love it
Practice Operations Specialist-(Coding/Auditing) (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 10, 2015
St francis is a great place to work. The co-workers are very helpful and willing to train, teach, and answer any questions.
Pros
Environment
Cons
WAGES
opportunities were available if you had specific education
Patient Transportation (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 7, 2015
Moved before I could explore advancement. Working during snow days were hard as driving conditions were questionable and I wasn't willing to take the risk
A big hospital system.
Labor and Delivery Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 1, 2015
You are just a number to them. The attitudes of other workers is poor and makes it seem as if no one enjoys being there. Too much politics in a health care facility that should be focused on patients.
Great Place to learn about this type of Accounts Receviables.
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 30, 2015
Speaking constantly on the phone and discussing customer accounts with them securing a payment over the phone via
wire transfer (Western Union) which was the forerunner to check
by phone and or credit/debt by phone.
This company would let you work overtime without any hassle of
bidding for it.
Pros
Good People To Work With And Great Comrodery.
Cons
no chance for advancement due to company being sold during time I work with them.

Want to know more about Greenville Health System?

Ask a question
seeing them die
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 5, 2015
them saying they want to die is very hard for a person to take and it really happens to the person and you see it right in front of you.
My co-workers were lazy and the doctor had a very nasty attitude.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  OB/GYN Clinton,SCNovember 3, 2015
I would only work back here if I was a manager. I was terminated because the doctor did not like me and I refused to be talked to any kind of way.
I hate to be mistreated when I am doing all of the work.
Pros
A job
Cons
Hostile work environment
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 27, 2015
For the most part good place to work, most co workers easy to work with.
Learned a lot. Enjoyed the competitions.
Loved the benefit package offered employees.
Pros
Appreciated the flu shots, incentives to eat and be healthy
Cons
Changed computer systems too many times, Building too cold
Loving live workplace
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 23, 2015
My years while working at Greenville Hospital were interesting I met a lot of new people learned something new each day from other people and their departments.
Pros
Work Discount
Cons
Productive and well managed work place
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, South CarolinaOctober 23, 2015
Worked as a Registered Medical Assistant, doing daily clinical and clerical work as needed. Assisted with procedures, including set up for Sphenocaths, and Botox Injections. Handled all incoming paperwork and phone encounters.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
Better Pay
Great Workplace and enviornment
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 21, 2015
Working for the Greenville Health System is a great organization that allows you too connect with individuals on a level as well as learn and grow in different areas and have alot more opportunities.
a good place to work
med info completion tech (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 15, 2015
typical office work settings, i work on a computer all day and enjoy my co-workers and get along with every one. i enjoy working for my manager and there is always something new to learn every day, because each day brings different challenges.
the opportunity to meet many new people
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCOctober 14, 2015
I cleaned and it was a Professional atmosphere. Looked forward to going to work everyday. the patients were A JOY. Wasn't pleased with management
Again a no nonsense place to work.
Registration/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCSeptember 29, 2015
I worked for Greenville Hospital System for five years, two twelve hour shifts on weekends. I also had a full time job during the week. A typical work day was registering patients for the emergency room and collecting monies owed the hospital. Mo co-workers were great, the doctors and nurses were always trying to make a pleasant environment. Didn't see much management on the weekends and as long as you did your job you didn't see them any other time. Hardest part of the job was trying to get some people to pay. The most enjoyable part was interacting with people.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
long hours and working 7 days a week
RN (Current Employee) –  Greenville MemorialSeptember 27, 2015
A good place to work. GHS is a large teaching hospital with many areas of opportunity. GHS continues to grow as several smaller area hospitals have now become part of the Greenville Health System. Politics and red tape are present as there is in any organization this size. The rapidly growing environment and the corresponding large number of employees sometimes makes it difficult to to get to know people.