Greenville Health System

Greenville Health System Employee Reviews

Working here
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), GREENVILLE, SCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: The way they recognize their employees is great!
Cons: benefits are not that good
I have really enjoyed working through this hospital. I just want to find something to were I can make more money for me and my children. Everyone that I have encountered has been a great help and very nice through out the years that I have been here.
A safe and structured atmosphere
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Greenville SCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: The job itself
Cons: working second shift
The job was great. The coworkers were wonderful and team-players. Management over my unit was outstanding, I couldn't have asked for a better manager. I learned something new everyday and that was one of the things I like most about it. The other thing I loved was the sense of helping people, to be able to do something for someone else that really needed the help. The only thing I did not like about it was having to watch people expire. If if were not for having to relocate to Arkansas I would still be happily employed there.
Productive hard working day
Cafeteria Food Service Attendant (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Management need better training, job training skills need to become better
Set up warm tables for lunch
Stock areas within the cafeteria
Serve patients and customers
Serve hot and cold beverages
Clean different work areas
Perform diverse duties within the hospital

Management needs more training and learn how to work as a manager. Train staff on what to do on the job. Help out when other staff members can't attend.

Teach co-workers to work better and training new people on the job

Dealing with different attitudes and customers in the cafeteria

Getting hours and time to be off
A very productive place to work
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 18, 2015
Its very fast paced which i like. I love the patients and being able to help them, and also assiting the doctor. The office i currently work at we all help each other out so the team work is great here
Great Professional Hospital System
Epic Go-Live Consultant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 17, 2015
Enjoyed working assisting the Providers, Practice Managers and Clinical and Administration Support Teams. Looking forward to assisting with the Inpatient IT Go Live.
Great place for growth
Physician Practice Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement and expansion
Cons: Very mentally demanding
Greenville Health System is a great place for growth and advancement in the medical field. The organization has a strong demand for quality customer care and satisfaction. The hospital system is a great place to polish you skills and they will do what they can to grow you as an professional. The only downside of the career would be the very high demand for several different responsibilities through-out the day and accuracy is paramount.
Steady
Admissions Counselor/ Patient Access (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 12, 2015
The work is steady, and repeative. The benefits are worth the headache. Micro management. Co workers are great. Patient care is something I look forward to.
Physician Practice Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Advancement possibilities
Cons: Pay is a little lacking
I liked working here and there are so many areas you can advance into that the possibilities are endless.
I liked my hours and coworkers very much. I was at a physician Practice that was very fast paced and I liked that a lot.
Gave me my experience to help me Grow in the medical field.
Medical Information Clerk (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Each annually Pay rate was able to increase
Cons: some Doctors attitude for know reason
On the day to day requirements was to make sure all duties for Patients visit are being met under proper guide lines. My co-workers and I always put our Patients needs first and always knew that was our purpose to make our patients get the Best Care.
Hardest part is when we have to work through lunch, but we pulled together, all my request getting done for the week,
Greenville Health System Summary
Ambulatory EpicCare 2014/Clinical Consultant (Former Employee), Greenville, South CarolinaJune 29, 2015
Cons: None
A great place to work.I worked as an EPIC 2014 Ambulatory Clinical trainer. I was very well received by the staff. I enjoyed the process. This opportunity was a Soft Go-Live opportunity to help identify areas within the build of their new Epic system. We were able to successfully pilot the project by provided expert professional knowledge for the organization. This job was located in Greenville, South Carolina.
Good Organization for slow steady pace advancement
Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 13, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: PTO Usage
GHS Is an all around organization with a huge potential to grow. Sr. management is thorough and competent with a since of wanting to help others.
The Cardiac Cath lab is a very difficult yet rewarding job
Staff Nurse, Cardiac Catheterization Lab (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 12, 2015
Pros: Staff that I work with
Cons: Long hours
The Cardiac Cath lab is a very difficult yet rewarding job. The team that I work with has become like family because we work so closely together and have to rely on each other in order for the job to be successful. The staff in the lab has to be able to trust each other during an emergency and during a regular procedure. A typical work day starts at 0715 and ends when all the patients' caths have been completed. We work between 9 to 16 hour days (four days a week) with one being a 24 hour call day. We also work on call every 5th weekend. In the two years that I have worked in the lab I have learned a lot about emergency patient care and standard cardiac catheterization. I enjoy working with patients and educating them about their health and conditions. The hardest part of the job is the long hours.
New CEO is bringing changes
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), GreeJune 7, 2015
GHS is about 10 years behind most big-city, progressive hospitals in its culture and clinical settings; however, GHS has made favorable changes that are enhancing the workplace for the employee.
Very poor management structure & support
Former employee (Former Employee), Greenville SCJune 7, 2015
Pros: pay is great but that means nothing when it comes to job satisfaction
Cons: Working @ the hospital is horrible, lunches are interrupted, pts are constantly being rescheduled, there's no consistency between MDs or centers, Workload is not shared amongst sites, upper mgt is awful
The Radiation Therapy dept is in dire need of a complete overhaul. Upper mgt is well aware of the dysfunction & the fact that the patient is not the focus in this dept. The hospital has 5 different MDs all operating like 5 individual practices, doing their own thing. Heck some cant even get to work when office hours begin! Teamwork amongst physicians is horrendous. The radiation dept has lost half its patients to Spartanburg & the referral base is pitiful. The hospital staff works harder than the staff @ outlying centers. They treat in- patients, peds, all the special procedures, etc. The satellite sites treat 3-20 patients per day with therapists getting paid to sit around. The workload balance is so off. Resentment is abundant. Laziness is abundant. The hospital staff is on damage control constantly. Doctors don't care, don't want to be a part of the improvement process. MDs don't follow policy & Procedure. They don't use interpreters or they use their own Spanish. Mgt prefers to simply sweep it under the rug. They want a puppet, a yes man, not someone who's passionate about patient care or making the patient the focus. Lean 6 has been in 3 times without success.Safety isn't being addressed in that an employee continues to be employed & cant do Basic Radiation Therapy 101. Staff has gone to mgt several times over the last 8- 9 years about this person. It's an absolutely awful place to work. The joy of taking care of patients is lost when the physicians don't operate as a patient focused practice.
opportunities
STAFF NURSE NEURO TRAUMA ICU (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 5, 2015
Greenville health system is a larger system and a teaching hospital, as such it offers many teaching and learning opportunities
Challenging work environment
Contracts Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 4, 2015
A nice company to work for - the people are very nice and the work is challenging. This job allows you to experience a number of different types of tasks and the variety makes for a very interesting work day.
Great Place!
Practice Manager IV (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMay 26, 2015
GHS is a great place to work, large, growing organization. Your goal is to provide the proper care for each patient, at the right time and place each day. We constantly create new ways to increase patient satisfaction.
Job work/Life balance is difficult to keep balanced
Payroll Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMay 17, 2015
The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to get workload done, making the job work/life balance difficult to maintain.
Great place to learn and grow while exercising.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Patewood Central Business OfficeMay 16, 2015
Pros: Great benefits.
Cons: Short breaks.
Greenville Health System is a great place to work because they are compassionate and take good care of the patients. The work ethics are sometimes challenging so it helps to have great coworkers beside you.
Clinical Experience at North Greenville Hospital
Unit Secretary student (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 14, 2015
During my clinical at NGH, I met the nurse educator, nurse manager, two charge nurses and several other employees while there. I can honestly say that I enjoyed my experience. Everyone was very welcoming and willing to help me learn as much as I could during my time there.
I learned the ins and outs of being a unit secretary, how to manage answering several phone lines at one time, answer questions from patients, doctors, nurses, and families. I learned how to use Soarian, Vocera, GE centricity, and other valuable computer programs.
I would say that the hardest part of my clinical experience was leaving. While I was there, although learning, I felt like part of a team, and it felt nice. Knowing that my job makes it easier on others and makes a difference in the work environment. I look forward to having that feeling again.