Greenville Health System

Greenville Health System Employer Reviews

Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 21, 2015
This was a great place to work. Distance was an issue for me. They provided free drinks, great lunch period.
Productive Place to Work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: positively impact patients lives everyday, stimulating work environment
Cons: compensation/benefits, management
A typical day at work consists of seeing numerous pediatric patients; most with significant issues, scheduling surgery for these patients and talking with parents about surgery procedure, time, location and what to expect after surgery. I have learned so much from the time spent here at Pediatric Surgery - with having a child of my own; it is sometimes hard to see these children on a day-to-day basis but would not change working with patients for anything in the world. I want to pursue my career in the medical field and still have patient contact. I believe in being a team player and helping out other co-workers as needed.
Total burn out with health care system
Staffing and Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: 1st shift position
Cons: overworked
Very stressful environment; worked there for 14yrs. Every advancement/promotion promised never took place. Constantly adding more duties without compensation. Worked in a Hostile Environment and finally resigned after 14 years of service.
Very strong, 5-hospital system. Developing into an academic medical cener
Director, Management Engineering (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 11, 2015
System dominates its market, aspiring to be an academic center aligned with USC. Supported organization's interest in reviewing its operational and cost experience in various components of its structure.
home environment
Nurse (Former Employee), Greer, SCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: long term patients
Cons: 30 min breaks didnt allow for leaving the premises
Patients are in a cottage setting that gives a home environment.
geat place to work at. hours are rough
C.N.A, Patient Care Technician, Secretary (Current Employee), Clinton, SCDecember 4, 2014
I enjoy working at GHS. I am wanting something that is not on night shift.
Great learning experience
Assistant Nurse Manager - Telemetry (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 10, 2014
I worked at Greenville Medical Center from 2001-2005. This center provided me with my first experience in management. This was a challenging position that taught me a great deal about how to handle many different personalities. It helped me grow to be able to work so well with others today
Work as a team and treat each other as family.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Mountain View Family Practice, Greer, So CarNovember 6, 2014
Pros: in the doctors office we often had free lunches.
Cons: it was very hetic when the phone was ringing and patients at the window.
We were always busy but the staff was like one big happy family. We worked together as a team. The hardest part of the job was rushing the doctor's to finish with patient's so we could leave on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patient's. I am a people person.
Greeat Place
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 23, 2014
Wonderful Place to work. Always nice people. Very fast paced.
Recent past has created an atmosphere that create worry about job security.
Not willing to say (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 31, 2014
Pros: benefit program
Cons: job insecurity
Great innovative environment, very community oriented and CIO is very open and sharing. Coworkers are great to work with. The new atmosphere in Information services creates an atmosphere of no job security.
Financial Counselor
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: hours and working off campus
Cons: short lunches
Co workers were varied, some great others not so much. Managers are scared of upper management which seem to have high school like clicks so the only way to become one with them is to become one of them.
Could be a great place to work however with all the politics and meetings it is hard to actually find time to do your job,
Great vision mission work place
Practice Manager I (Former Employee), Greenville SCAugust 18, 2014
Great team work overseeing a staff of (5) with (2) physicians. Day to day operations of a medical manager. An on going learning process due to changes in healthcare and insurance.
excellent learning experience
Nursing Specialty Technician ETC (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 29, 2014
Cons: needs better management
Provided an excellent work experience, excellent training for my career goals.
not a good experience
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 23, 2014
nothing good to say with all the stress for your job no matter how hard you work
Good
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 14, 2014
Cons: short breaks
The culture of GHS is wonderful overall. I am not inclined to say anything else because I do not wish to state anything more in this review. I like working here.
A teaching and excelaration place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 4, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, excel in a postions, pay
Cons: having to leave
GHS is a great place to work if you want to learn and be willing for someone to teach you as you grow in a job. There is room for you to excel and move up in this company. The management there is open minded and willing the listen to your wants and needs. The hardest part of this job would be leaving. The most enjoyable part is teaching and learning different skills for my job.
large facility and great place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist III - off shift (Former Employee), Greenville scJune 29, 2014
trauma #1 hospital with 33 OR facility that is a teaching facility. growth is possible
I really enjoyed working at Greenville Hospital. The only reason for leaving is to travel
Senior Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 25, 2014
Pros: people were very nice and easy to get along with.
Cons: management was changing.
Each day you were given an assignment. The assignments were rotated on a daily basis so you were always aware of what you would be doing.
hard work but worth it
I.T. Field Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 16, 2014
every day was different, one day is a walk in the park but the next day is a war zone. I loved it, and would go back if I could.
Overall fair employer
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 14, 2014
Pros: employee discounts to various restaurants and shops
Cons: stagnant job advancement for current employees
Greenville Health System offers a variety of job openings for current employees and those seeking new employment opportunities,slow professional advancement for current employees with college degrees, Overall nice place to work

1 2 3 4 5

About Greenville Health System

See the difference: Unique clinical, academic, technological and lifestyle advantages. Be the difference: Use them to maximize – Read more

Greenville Health System Photos