Greenville Health System

Greenville Health System United States Employee Reviews

Cafeteria Food Service Attendant (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free meals, staff was friendly
Cons: Training not well when first start
Getting all material ready to serve the customers and patients
I learned about excellent customer service skills and cafeteria experience. Management needs a work because, other supervisor did the job more than the head manager. Co-Workers were okay to work with at times. The hardest part of the job was dealing with different attitudes and personalities when serving the people. When helping out the senior citizens.
HIPPA,Patient idetifying, Blood collection, Venipunture, Capillary, Logging ordering and registering specimen, Computers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: i loved feeling like i was helping people
Cons: seeing alot of sick kids and people or watching someone die i couldn't handle it.
Having one specific area you stay in and checking your PDA constantly for new blood collection orders, going in a room interacting with a patient while correctly identifying them and using the order of the draw to not contaminate the specimen.
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 17, 2015
A Great place to work. Plenty of areas to work in and to grow your career and knowledge base. A lot of room for learning new procedures
My immediate supervisor had a heart as big as all outdoors.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Very clean, stable environment with some good people
Cons: Did not always intervene soon enough to prevent a problem from becoming catastophic
It was a well-structured environment that included people from very diverse backgrounds. By the very nature of the work we attempted to do, we were not always able to take enough time to prevent unusual life stresses, but our supervisors typically bent over backwards when a problem did occur. They encouraged and supported an employee's efforts to better him/herself with several of my cohorts able to obtain advanced degrees, and as for myself, I was able to build a mortgage-free house in five years of my "spare" time -- principally with my own labor while nursing my own health problems, giving speech therapy drills to my son and being principle caregiver of my elderly, infirm mother. They put up with me a long time until I could just no longer handle the physical demands of all I was trying to balance.
Fun Place to work, just the pay isnt good
Customer service attendant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: friendly place
Cons: pay is not good
This is a very fun and fast paced place to work, the pay is not all that good you do a lot more work, than you do when you get paid to do. There is not much of a pay difference as you go up in this company
Fast paced working enviroment
Medical Coder for the O.R (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 2, 2015
I started working PRN as a data entry. A position came open for a coder. I was the first one offered the position. I had to take a crash course in medical terminology. They gave one whole day to learn the material and then take the exam. I had to make at least a 90 to get the position. I made a 105. All correct, even the extra credit questions. I train well with hands one, I believe that's why I excelled at the job. I enjoyed working in the OR medical billing office, i like staying busy.
Great Workplace
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 26, 2015
GHS has a great work culture and vision. The atmosphere is fun and professional. The GHS benefits are great. I enjoy the role that GHS plays in the community.
Good organization.
Physician PracOce Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: long days.
Busy office.
New methods of caring for patients.
Satisfactory managment,
Good co-workers.
Job advancement.
Great Doctors.
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), EngineeringFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: Supported personal/family needs
Cons: none
Excellent place to work. Lots of opportunity for growth and advancement.

Most of the jobs that I had at GHS required a lot of computer time.
Medical Physician Practice Clerk
Medical Physician Practice Clerk (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: put my medical background to work
Cons: not having a good manager
- Medical records, filed charts, made new patient charts, separated OB patients, put labs on charts and put in doctors box to sign off on, used Centricity to look up patient info., liaison between three offices, distributed info., faxed, copied, used MS Outlook, answered telephone calls and took messages, printed reports off on Centricity, use CBT's-Health Stream and Citrix, worked closely with all co-workers and managed duties required.
- Very hard to work with due to the manager being new at her position
- All co-workers worked closely together. Teamwork
- Trying to do a full time job working as a part time employee
- Knowing I made a difference when I left the job that day
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 21, 2015
This was a great place to work. Distance was an issue for me. They provided free drinks, great lunch period.
Productive Place to Work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: positively impact patients lives everyday, stimulating work environment
Cons: compensation/benefits, management
A typical day at work consists of seeing numerous pediatric patients; most with significant issues, scheduling surgery for these patients and talking with parents about surgery procedure, time, location and what to expect after surgery. I have learned so much from the time spent here at Pediatric Surgery - with having a child of my own; it is sometimes hard to see these children on a day-to-day basis but would not change working with patients for anything in the world. I want to pursue my career in the medical field and still have patient contact. I believe in being a team player and helping out other co-workers as needed.
Total burn out with health care system
Staffing and Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: 1st shift position
Cons: overworked
Very stressful environment; worked there for 14yrs. Every advancement/promotion promised never took place. Constantly adding more duties without compensation. Worked in a Hostile Environment and finally resigned after 14 years of service.
Very strong, 5-hospital system. Developing into an academic medical cener
Director, Management Engineering (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 11, 2015
System dominates its market, aspiring to be an academic center aligned with USC. Supported organization's interest in reviewing its operational and cost experience in various components of its structure.
home environment
Nurse (Former Employee), Greer, SCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: long term patients
Cons: 30 min breaks didnt allow for leaving the premises
Patients are in a cottage setting that gives a home environment.
geat place to work at. hours are rough
C.N.A, Patient Care Technician, Secretary (Current Employee), Clinton, SCDecember 4, 2014
I enjoy working at GHS. I am wanting something that is not on night shift.
Great learning experience
Assistant Nurse Manager - Telemetry (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 10, 2014
I worked at Greenville Medical Center from 2001-2005. This center provided me with my first experience in management. This was a challenging position that taught me a great deal about how to handle many different personalities. It helped me grow to be able to work so well with others today
Work as a team and treat each other as family.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Mountain View Family Practice, Greer, So CarNovember 6, 2014
Pros: in the doctors office we often had free lunches.
Cons: it was very hetic when the phone was ringing and patients at the window.
We were always busy but the staff was like one big happy family. We worked together as a team. The hardest part of the job was rushing the doctor's to finish with patient's so we could leave on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patient's. I am a people person.
Greeat Place
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 23, 2014
Wonderful Place to work. Always nice people. Very fast paced.
Recent past has created an atmosphere that create worry about job security.
Not willing to say (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 31, 2014
Pros: benefit program
Cons: job insecurity
Great innovative environment, very community oriented and CIO is very open and sharing. Coworkers are great to work with. The new atmosphere in Information services creates an atmosphere of no job security.

1 2 3 4 5

About Greenville Health System

See the difference: Unique clinical, academic, technological and lifestyle advantages. Be the difference: Use them to maximize – Read more

Greenville Health System Salaries

RN
$55,000 per year

Greenville Health System Photos

GHS Children's Hospital
Greenville Memorial Medical Campus - Flagship hospital for Greenville Hospital System