Greenville Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Terrible
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILOctober 19, 2015
Horrible, No management all the way up to the CEO. Allows employees to violate HIPAA laws, no documentation by certain employees. No communication between nurses and providers. Absolutely NO confidentiality. To much down time by numerous employees and cell phones need to be banned.
Pros
Discount lunches, some great physicians
Cons
No management, no pay raises
great small rural community hospital and great people
Clinical Nursing Director (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILJuly 8, 2015
great place to work. Many long term staff who are very receptive and welcoming. Love the focus they have on quality of care and doing the right thing for their patients and employees.
This used to be a great place to work
nursing (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ILAugust 17, 2014
I worked for this facility for over 5 years. The first 5 years were great but then the board walked out the CEO and CNO. It spiraled downhill fast from there. Almost all of management left either by choice or force. The management brought in were given several areas to manage and many time they had no experience in the departments they were managing (a surgical nurse hired to manage the psych unit?!?!) This hospital was/is in financial trouble. They cut everywhere they could. To be honest I am surprised they are still open.

Despite what they tell you there wages are not competitive. After 5 years I left making $21 dollars an hour. At my current hospital we hire new grads at $28.
Pros
wonderful OB department!!
nice place to it has a nice exercise room for staff and offers great employes extra health benifits for free like free mammagrams and other things
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ILNovember 16, 2012
providing great care for my patients , meeting all there heath needs and othere day to day care , reporting to doctors and nurses , and charting on patients ,there will be some point of some days i might half to hold the hand and confort a patient who might be dieing or just be scared , help a nurse or doctor with treatmeant with a patient , take vital signs make beds and make room comfotable for patients and family.answer questions a family member may have,
Pros
helping othere
Cons
getting close to patients and them getting sick, and if the die
Too much drama. Feels like high school all over again
Pion (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILMay 2, 2013
I learned that the computer system that they have is horrible.
Nurses/Tech on floor are great. But management is another story. Dwell on the negative, never look at the positive, no appreciation for tasks completed.
The most enjoyable part of the day was going home.
small country hospital trying to turn around
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ILMay 30, 2013
Very busy small staff burdened with older equipment. Great staff that works together well and really does care.
Pros
Great people, very friendly
Cons
hard financial times
Educational
Certified Nursing Assistant in Obstetrics (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ILApril 8, 2013
Assist in the pre/post par tum of deliveries. Ensured quality infant care, cord care, and sterile set-up take down
Pros
fun work environment, educational
Cons
healthcare
Great Place to work with Great benefits
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILJanuary 17, 2014
Greenville Regional Hospital cares about their employees and patients alike. It is a great place to work and to receive care!!
Not a great place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ILJanuary 13, 2016
I was a housekeeper at the Greenville Hospital, employed from Sept 2012 to May 2013.
For starters, the housekeeping department had poor management, the one "in charge" was just a fellow housekeeper who took on the supervisor role until the hospital brought in a director. Half the time the guy had no idea what was going on, and when they finally did bring in a director, he was a complete a-hole who belittled workers who worked under him. You couldn't do anything without him yelling at you. There was one time he put me in tears for something I did not do, as well as another older housekeeper. Aside from the terrible management, there was always some kind of drama going on. You just couldn't get away from it.
As far as the benefits goes, they were just as terrible. My insurance plan didn't cover anything. And as of May 23rd 2013 I was laid off, as well as four other housekeepers were that day. They said they were having financial issues and had to cut back. So a total of 5 of us lost our jobs that day, as well as many other workers through out the hospital in different departments. Some of them had been there for years. Then after we were let go, things really started to go downhill. They were short on staff and were struggling to keep the facility clean. I guess that is karma!
The ONLY pros I have from working at this facility was the steady full time hours, the experience it gave me working as a housekeeper, and it is where I met my husband whom I am with today.
Would I ever go back to this place? I HIGHLY doubt it, unless they were to bring in all new management staff,
  more... then I MIGHT consider it. Needless to say don't waste your time with this place.  less
Pros
Full time hours, housekeeping experience, met my husband here
Cons
DRAMA!!, Poor Management, and Poor benefits
Used to be a great place to work and to take your family for medical care. Poor mangement decisions and recent layoffs leaves doubts about stability.
Low level (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ILMay 27, 2013
Most of the lower level workers are great to work with. Some of your management are hard to work for or incompetent and when ever you have a complaint about one of them administration acts like they are concerned but they circle their wagons around the offender and allow the abuse, favoritism, and incompetence to continue. You have to force follow ups to any complaints a low level worker may have. Advancements to other departments or jobs are made difficult because it solely depends on your department head not on your abilities, experience or education. If your boss likes you and doesn't want to lose you, you stay in that department. If your boss does not like you and would like to punish you, you could be denied the job you want. Don't be surprised if the guy in your department has it better then the woman. They are adding many security cameras to watch the employees so it feels more like working in a prison setting. They recently cut staff to the bone so you might have the janitors doing the job of cleaning areas that the housekeeping staff cleaned. When you lose your job they humiliate you by doing a perp walk and having someone walk you around to get your stuff before they walk you out the door. Raises are small, few and far between.
Pros
There are some really great people who work there. Pto, insurance
Cons
poor management, lack of raises, ignores complaints, you are made aware of your low level status at GRH

2.9